Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 345 of 346 FirstFirst ... 245295335340341342343344345346 LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 5182

Thread: Life

Re: Life

What are you going to school for Dom?

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Quote Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    What are you going to school for Dom?
    Metal work. Welding, machining, that sort of thing.

Nice. I tought you had mention it before but couldn't remember. You doing manual machining or CNC?

Zaku on kova luu.
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller

It's been a long time since i post in this forum, and really glad that members from my active moment is still here and active (it's been 5 years i guess)
    I almost finish my study, and thanksfully still able to squeeze some time doing the hobby..

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk
    "The only thing you can change about the past is how you feel about it in the present." - Lockon Stratos.
    www.facebook.com/skulblakavenwork

^ Holy crap, the resident doctor man lives! Good to see you again. We're still active here, just not as much and some of us are on a standstill with the hobby. Like me.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Quote Originally Posted by skulblaka-ven View Post
    It's been a long time since i post in this forum, and really glad that members from my active moment is still here and active (it's been 5 years i guess)
    I almost finish my study, and thanksfully still able to squeeze some time doing the hobby..

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk
    Welcome back.

Zaku on kova luu.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlinker View Post
    ^ Holy crap, the resident doctor man lives! Good to see you again. We're still active here, just not as much and some of us are on a standstill with the hobby. Like me.
    Lol, yeah man, gladly I'm still alive in this residency.

@Zaku : thanks man..

I'll try bringing my dead project thread back to life..
    Last edited by skulblaka-ven; April 9, 2019 at 4:04 AM.
    "The only thing you can change about the past is how you feel about it in the present." - Lockon Stratos.
    www.facebook.com/skulblakavenwork

I didn't know whether to post this here or in the video game thread, as it fits either, but I thought I'd share what I've been up to lately. I need to take a break from modelling (getting burned out) so I started working again on a little pet project of mine: my own PC game. I'm still working on sprites and haven't gotten anything playable yet, but hopefully that'll change relatively soon. So here are some of my sprites:

Cyron (the player character) is on the left. The other guy is Tal Var'ek. He's one of the bosses.
    This is the Lilitu enemy, in four distinct flavors. This is a test of different color palettes I'll be applying to different variations of stage enemies.
    The big guy is Malficious. He helps you throughout your quest.
    My latest work; a stage enemy known as the Corpse Lord.
    Lastly, here's a test animation for Cyron's power attack.
    Pro tip for fixing seam lines: It rubs the puddy on its seam or else it gets the hose again.

Is this game you're developing going to be a beat 'em up (similar to games like Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, and/or Final Fight)? That's what it looks like based on your sprite work and descriptions. In any case the sprite work looks pretty good.
    Sieg Zeon!

It's going to be a metroid-vania type platformer, with elements of beat 'em up game play. You'll have a light attack and a power attack as well as the ability block.
    Pro tip for fixing seam lines: It rubs the puddy on its seam or else it gets the hose again.

Sounds good. If you ever get it released on something other than (presumably Windows) PC, let me know, and Iíll check it out. Love Metroidvanias and beat Ďem ups, so it sounds like itíd be right up my alley if only it was on something other than Windows (Switch, PS4, Xbone, Mac, iOS, etc.; hell, even the trusty old Dreamcast). I positively loathe Windows, and, even if I didnít, video games are meant to be played on consoles or in arcades, not on PCs or mobile phones.
    Sieg Zeon!

I can understand your hatred for Windows. My brother is a Linux guy. I'm using Game Maker Studio II to make my game, and while it does have a function to export to consoles, I'd need an SDK for that console and there's no way I could afford that, so for the time being, my game will just be for Windows. I'll also never make games for smart phones, as I have no use for such devices.

I fully understand the high cost associated with console SDKs being a significant/prohibitive barrier.
    Who knows though? If you make a good enough game, it might sell enough on Steam or whatever to justify paying for the necessary SDKs and expand your audience. Best of luck, man.
    Sieg Zeon!

I ran over a dog in our neighborhood last week. I was turning right from a corner, and I swear it was clear until I felt it in my left rear wheel followed by a crying dog. Looks like a stray as it is forbidden in our neighborhood to let pets roam unattended.

Stray or not, hopefully you tried to get the dog some treatment by a veterinarian and didn’t just leave it to suffer.
    Sieg Zeon!