Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 334 of 334 FirstFirst ... 234284324329330331332333334
Results 4,996 to 5,006 of 5006

Thread: Life

Re: Life

I think I have finally gotten acclimated to my new job to the point where I'm not nervous/anxious about anything on my way there in the morning, which is very surprising to me because I expected to take at least a year for it. Then again, maybe I shouldn't be surprised because it's not like this is my first job in the field anyway. Things are also stabilizing a bit so now I'm not spending 20+ hours of overtime every two weeks and working on weekends. That overtime money was a beautiful thing, though; Our savings goals got cut down by months because of it and I'm able to start saving up for a new gaming PC to replace my 5+ year-old Dell XPS 17. With the garage still taken up by junk, I can't do any sort of modeling hobby so I'm back to playing games for entertainment.

Of course, we're also using that money to save up for when the kid is born. I don't have any vacation time accrued and I want to take two weeks off when he's born so we set aside some of it as a sort of paycheck to keep our funds up, along with the usual hospital costs. My wife did her anatomy scan last week and things are looking good so if this keeps up, we'll have another healthy baby making our lives miserable in the house, haha.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

I hurt my back last week packing up things for vacation I took with my wife and son. It's a little concerning because I'm still in my 20's (for a couple months at least &#128514 and I wasn't lifting anything really heavy just awkward. Anyway it pulled something in my lower back which is now starting to feel better but because I was hunched over all week I have some nasty knots in my mid and upper back. Unfortunately it's brought a stop to my gunpla because I can't sit at a desk for hours especially after work.
    War. War never changes.

ZOMBIE ZAKU!!!! RUNN!!!!!

BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!

Sup deudz guess who's back? FOR THE GLORY OF ZEON I HAVE RETURNED!!! well as much as i can. i made the deadline to get into this local college and its been sucking up all my time. i even have assignments due Sunday. FML. but yea trying to step my game up and get a associates degree in machine tool technology. trying to be a CNC programmer and make stupid money for guns and gunpla. also been eyeing a semi-auto Browning M2 kit. but finding a good barrel has been difficult. i can fond some that are straight up beat but finding a M2 barrel in decent condition is damn hard. anyways. IM BACK! -ish. ill be lurking and posting when im not working or ooper8ting!

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

^welcome back you Zeon SoB.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

thanks. good to be back. SIEG ZEON!!!

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Welcome albeit very late, haven't checked this topic in ages. Been meaning to say hi since I've noticed you've been back man.

Also congrats on college. Currently sorting out what my living situation will be this fall or spring with my step brother since I'm probably gonna be going to the same school he is.

My life has been somewhat hektic lately my mother fractured her shoulder earlier this week thankfully it's hairline really only thing I've had to do around the house for her is small stuff and drive her into town for meds and such cooking dinner now, so it hasn't been too bad we're waiting to hear back from the orthopedic clinic to see how long they think it'll take to heal she has another X-ray next week she isn't that old so it should be healing fine, also my job ended recently (it was temp so it was expected) so at least I have time to offer extra help so in all honesty it hasn't been that bad and things are mellowing back out so in all honesty hasn't been that bad.

In happier news my brother is more into Gundam now and just finished 0079 and is currently watching Zeta.
    HON HON HON
    "Pelinal called out Haromir of Copper and Tea into a duel at the Tor, and ate his neck-veins while screaming praise to Reman, a name that no one knew yet."-Song of Pelinal Volume 3

Wow, don't know how I missed your post, Zaku. Congrats on getting in to that local college. Make the most out of it, even if means you'll be swimming in schoolwork, group projects, and presentations (AKA the crap nobody wants to do).

In other news, it's been a busy few weeks for me, both in and outside of work. Outside of work, there was my nephew's first birthday to help with along with some house stuff. There's still garage to be cleaned out, which I hope to start on this month. Inside of work, there's been a habit of people hiring at the last minute, which is a pain because we need a week to properly set up a new hire. Still not as busy as my first two months, but it's nonetheless very annoying. On the bright side, I managed to save up money for a new computer so now I'm up-to-date in my PC gaming capabilities, something I felt was necessary because it's the most cost-effective means of entertainment at the moment (huge backlog of games and whatnot). It didn't take much effort either so it was surprising how much less overall work is needed to get a decent machine built nowadays compared to a decade ago.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Welp I'm in the last parts of my summer semester. I've taken gastroenterology, gynecology, just started dermatology and have three clinical skills classes. Have a handful of exams left and I'm free August 10th til.... The 28th :/

It's been ages since I last visited this site. I had been busy with a lot of things. We finally moved in to our new house. It took us time to properly settle in and arrange our things. You'd never realize how much things you have until you move to a new place.

^ I know that feeling all too well, having moved out myself twice within a two-year period. Can't even imagine how tough it is doing it there considering all the traffic.

In other news, I can't seem to avoid going to workplaces that don't end up experiencing department shake-ups within six months of me being there. One of my team members at my job is leaving because she's been given a hard time by another team member and it sucks because she's the one that allows the rest of us to be able to resolve more issues since we're not stuck on the phone so much. Sucks, but things like this only just annoy me at this point. The silver lining in all of this is that it will mean more overtime until we get a replacement (and get them up and running).

Quote Originally Posted by Dlinker View Post
    ^ I know that feeling all too well, having moved out myself twice within a two-year period. Can't even imagine how tough it is doing it there considering all the traffic.

In other news, I can't seem to avoid going to workplaces that don't end up experiencing department shake-ups within six months of me being there. One of my team members at my job is leaving because she's been given a hard time by another team member and it sucks because she's the one that allows the rest of us to be able to resolve more issues since we're not stuck on the phone so much. Sucks, but things like this only just annoy me at this point. The silver lining in all of this is that it will mean more overtime until we get a replacement (and get them up and running).
    To be honest, it's not that much. We moved out from our rented apartment at a Saturday morning so the traffic is still light.