Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 341 of 341 FirstFirst ... 241291331336337338339340341
Results 5,101 to 5,105 of 5105

Thread: Life

Re: Life

Quote Originally Posted by Dlinker View Post
    @Zaku, I honestly thought you were still pretty active here since I see your posts frequently, haha. Good job on staying on the right track with your schooling. Keep at it, man; Good things don't come easy, but they will come to those who deserve them.

In other news, I'm starting to really chafe with my sister-in-law and her family living with us. It was okay in the first couple of years when we first moved into the new house and we needed help paying off the mortgage, but now not so much. I'm making more money and my wife will be too after she's promoted next year, plus they're not exactly contributing to the general upkeep of the house (she's lazy as hell and can barely make the effort to watch her 2 year-old son, who listens to me more than his parents; the husband works 6 days a week, gets paid at an irregular schedule, doesn't get home until 7pm usually, and has control and temper issues) so we can make do without them here.

This all came to light, again, yesterday evening when they had another fight. My wife and I were relaxing in the living room with our son, watching shows until bed time and they had just gotten home. An hour or two later, we hear thuds and sounds of things falling to the floor from their room and the husband goes stomping out of the room fuming and saying "shut up" several times. Luckily he decided to leave the house right away, but I'm getting mighty sick and tired of this crap, especially now that there are kids in the house.

Sounds like a super toxic situation.. i know all about people overstaying their welcome.. I bought my house from my MIL and it came with 5 extra people.. we are working on getting 2 out before october and one has been on the waiting list for an elderly community for a while, but it takes a long time.. the extra money they give towards rent and such isn't worth it to me anymore and mine aren't nearly that toxic.. I would work on changing that situation ASAP, for your own sake.. (my situation has affected my marriage, I can't imagine what dealing wth that is like)

Administrator

@Dlinker: I would definitely try to rectify that situation. Either by letting them know that their fighting isn't acceptable around the children and needs to stop. Or just by simply telling them that they have created a toxic situation, and their time there has come to an end. Please GTFO.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar

I have warned them twice already in a loud and aggressive manner that I won't tolerate their stupid fights in the house, especially when the kids are born, and I constantly tell my wife the same thing. However, it seems to be falling on deaf ears. My wife doesn't like it when it happens also, but at the same time she is extremely loyal to her sister so I think that factors in big time to why they're still living here. Another big factor is the fact that if we did kick them out, they would have nowhere else to go and they won't dare live with the husband's family because his dad and siblings (who still live there) smoke a lot. Personally, I don't give a rat's behind because that's their problem and not mine, but I do feel for their kid who treats me as more of a father figure than his own dad.

But I seriously wish one day they would take our concerns seriously and either leave on their own or find better ways to air out their grievances towards each other. My wife and I have had our share of fights, but each one was nowhere near as bad.

On a more positive note, at least work has been getting better so being at the office has been pretty good times.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Got a new job and with my first paycheck I bought the first volume of "The Wings of Rean: Tales from Byston Well" a series based on Aura Battler Dunbine which was also directed by Tomino. Unlike Dunbine though, there's no mech battles in this, it's all done proper fantasy style with swords and arrows and the like.

PwtehSml.jpg

According to Wikipedia, the story isn't canon to Dunbine but reading through it I can't see anything that immediately contradicts the anime, maybe it'll be later on. It's certainly enjoyable so far though. <3

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Congratulations on the new Job! That's good news. But I have no idea what anime that is, but if it has no giant robots fighting each other or giant monster is it really anime? (Just playing the part of the idiotic internet tool. ) Actually it looks like it might be something to look into, at least just by the cover. But never judge a book by the cover was said for a reason. Either way sometimes it's cool to step away from "All giant Mechs", and get into another segment of anime.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/