Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 344 of 346 FirstFirst ... 244294334339340341342343344345346 LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 5180

Thread: Life

Re: Life

Quote Originally Posted by Dlinker View Post
    ^ I know how it feels to lose a job with a baby in tow, really the worst feeling ever and makes you question your abilities as a parent and provider..
    This is exactly what I felt. The levels of anxiety were unprecedented. I felt helpless and so not in control of the situation. I did not give up though. I never stopped sending out resumes even though I already got some responses; I'm gonna grab every opportunity out there. It's still difficult to find another job. Even though I already 13 years of experience in the field of Data Warehousing/ETL, there are companies with open ETL developer positions who would outright reject my application.

Three companies responded to me during that time. Conduent, Cambridge University Press, and Infor (former Lawson). I highly favored Infor among the three, and Conduent was the least because of permanent night shift. I was still willing to take the position at Conduent if I my application to Infor and Cambridge will not progress.

They responded to me in weekly intervals with followup interviews except for Infor. After 3 weeks, Conduent and Cambridge both offered me the job. I decided sign up for Cambridge. A day after signing up the job offer from Cambridge, ironically, I received a call for a followup interview from Infor. I decided to withdraw from Infor because I was already working on my pre-employment requirements for Cambridge, and I have already set my mind to work for Cambridge.

If the timing wasn't off, I'd go for Infor, but I can't take any chances. I had already withdrawn from Conduent, and if I withdraw from Cambridge just because I received a call from Infor, there's still no assurance of me getting the offer from Infor. I would end up back to zero.

I have thought of going through the flow and start working for Cambridge while waiting for the progress of my application with Infor. If I get an offer from Infor, I'd immediately give up Cambridge. However, I don't think it's ethical and fair. What do you guys think?

That's quiet a good situation you're in, man. Did you already have your employment offer from Cambridge signed and documented? If so, then it's only right to stay there especially since you still have to go through the whole process with Infor. I'm old-fashioned when it comes to things like this so for me, once the paperwork is signed, that's that, unless you have a sure offer from the other place and you mentioned to your current employer that you were considering another offer as well.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

So I had my second day of work today. Worked a full eight hours. The military boots I had to were a little... uncomfortable. To all those who have served, I have no idea how you could wear those nearly all the time. You guys must have toes of steel. The real learning curve to the job is memorizing all of keyboard shortcuts to set up the flight (and troubleshoot any problems we encounter).
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Pretty damn cool job to have Zeta.

And you gotta break em in really well and insoles help. Also tie them tight. You end up half getting used to them and half making them suck less. Mostly cause you have to wear them. But once you break em in and put insoles in them they are nice. I still wear mine most of the time. Really good when im on the bike.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

Quote Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    Pretty damn cool job to have Zeta.

And you gotta break em in really well and insoles help. Also tie them tight. You end up half getting used to them and half making them suck less. Mostly cause you have to wear them. But once you break em in and put insoles in them they are nice. I still wear mine most of the time. Really good when im on the bike.
    Thanks for the advice Zaku.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Np. B6 tye way what boots do you have? We get issued the desert vibrams.

Zaku on kova luu.
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller

Quote Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    Np. B6 tye way what boots do you have? We get issued the desert vibrams.
    Not sure exactly, they look like some kind of desert boot.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

yea lots of those. they would say on the bottom of the boot and on the inside.

Zaku on kova luu.

S'up all. Been away from the forum for a while, kinda lost interest in Gundam and got hooked on Critical Role. Bullet points: Ended up having to move xmas time last year, as in 23/24/25 of December. I managed to get super sick for those few days and was mostly worthless, I was puking and shitting blood. I've been dealing with the mental aspects of decreasing the anti-anxiety medication I take. A lot less fucks to be given. But really the worst of it all was my mom's boyfriend recently passed away from cancer. Took him to the hospital a couple weeks ago, got worse and passed Wednesday.

Hoping to get back into the swing of things around here, Gundam has always been a favorite franchise of mine.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Sorry for your loss, Exia. You have my sincere condolences.
    Sieg Zeon!

I haven't posted in the forum in a long time, so I suppose I should give a bit of an update. Hey, peeps, I'm still alive.

Not a whole lot has changed with my living sitch, but I'm still doing alright. Came out to my sister and it feels good to have somebody in the family who is actually supportive, and we've grown a good bit closer since. Meanwhile theater group has been really helpful for me keeping an active social life offline, and theater is still one of my biggest passions.

The past few months I've been helping a friend of mine help run a community, one of those Mastodon instances since Twitter is such garbage. Vaguely witch themed, but lots of shit posting, lots of game and tech related stuff, lots of movie nights. It's been fun. There's 300 folks active there, but surprisingly it's not too hard to handle. But it's an interesting experience trying to build a community and welcoming space for others, especially I've never done anything like that much before. And I haven't really bothered with corporate social media place since I started with Mastodon. But yeah, like not really trying to advertise Witches. But it's one of the easier ways to contact me anyway and it's part of what I've been doing lately, so it's in the signature?

The bigger thing for me is about two months ago, a friend of mine confessed to me. Immediately after I had a talk with my girlfriend, because we try to be honest and transparent about everything. And well, now I have two girlfriends. I never really expected I was ever gonna be polyarmous, but it kinda just happened. But I'm madly in love with them both. It's still strange getting used to it, especially having to learn how to manage my time so I can give them both the attention the deserve and be the best lil' lesbian I can. I've only really had one (failed) relationship before either of them, so I still feel so clueless about love and relationships. But despite a thousand worries, it's all working out so far? And having a new love in my life means so much to be now, she's given me more joy and reason to keep going than I've had in a while. And we have both a way of being able to support the other at their lowest and feeling that we can depend on eachother that makes me so happy to have her in my life.

Haven't had a lot of kits in the mean time but I should probally post the pics of the Galbaldy and the Base Gundam I have. I'll need to do that later.

Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    S'up all. Been away from the forum for a while, kinda lost interest in Gundam and got hooked on Critical Role. Bullet points: Ended up having to move xmas time last year, as in 23/24/25 of December. I managed to get super sick for those few days and was mostly worthless, I was puking and shitting blood. I've been dealing with the mental aspects of decreasing the anti-anxiety medication I take. A lot less fucks to be given. But really the worst of it all was my mom's boyfriend recently passed away from cancer. Took him to the hospital a couple weeks ago, got worse and passed Wednesday.

Hoping to get back into the swing of things around here, Gundam has always been a favorite franchise of mine.

Oh damn, I know the feeling. I lost a friend and a dog within the past year. Loss of somebody who's been in a constant part of your life can hit you so damned hard. Really sounds like things have been rough for you. And I wish you luck and hope things hope things start turning out better. I'm willing to lend an ear if you need to somebody to talk or vent to.

Though if the critical roll stuff means you're interested in table top, maybe we could do some RPG campaign stuff over discord sometime if you're ever up to it.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon: https://witches.live/@fun
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

^It's good to know that you're doing well Riah.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Glad that you seem to be doing well, Riah.
    Sieg Zeon!

Truly sorry for your loss my man. Fully hoping things turn for the best on your end.

As for my self, school has pretty much taken up most of my thoughts for several months now. Ups and downs, mostly downs as of late. Last month was pretty killer in terms of schedule (me and my class had to four days a week for four weeks travel 60+ miles in direction to machining studies and try to complete an demo work in the spare time.)
    On top of that, it was found out our doggo had infection on its front knees, leading it to a painkiller diet. There was talks it could be fatal and I can't take well animal deaths.
    On top of that I had to run in work interviews and suffer from sickness. Needless to say, I wasn't feeling the best at the moment. I had to call off the demo, it was simply too much.

Luckily, it would look like things have turned for the better. Doggo is feeling better now, work schedule is more manageable now and I'm feeling better overall.

In terms of building, have been working on the Ex-S as of late and trying to figure out what to do with the Jagd Doga......

Ramble over.

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

The only thing I can relate to is your medicine issues. I started to have really bad side effects to mine. Sorry about the loss you all just had, it sucks to watch someone pass knowing there is nothing you can do for them.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/