Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MG "Nataku" Altron Custom by D-Smith

Hey guys this is probably the first finished project most of you have ever seen by me or can remember lol

this was a fun build pretty straight forward. Swapped some HG1/100 Nataku parts onto the MG 1/100 Shenlong EW. Turned out alright, there are some flaws and imperfections but for my first finished kit in like 10 months im pretty happy just to have something done.

Hope yous guys like it

Ahem....O_O

WOW! This thing is freaking Gorgeous man! You really pulled out all the stops on this thing. i love how the old 1/100 Altrons parts seemlessly blend in with the MG Nataku VER KA Flawlessly as if this thing really WAS a MG Altron! And that Gold! Im not much for the color but like Ahs Mk II I am FORCED to make an exception and in this case it fits that beautiful tint of Green. The Red is weathered perfectly so that it stands out just enough but doesnt overwhelm the other colors, same goes for the Green. Well Done...

*In Mortal Kombat Narrator Voice*-Flawless Victory!

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Thank you for the kind words its nice to know the time and effort is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post
    Ahem....O_O

WOW! This thing is freaking Gorgeous man! You really pulled out all the stops on this thing. i love how the old 1/100 Altrons parts seemlessly blend in with the MG Nataku VER KA Flawlessly as if this thing really WAS a MG Altron! And that Gold! Im not much for the color but like Ahs Mk II I am FORCED to make an exception and in this case it fits that beautiful tint of Green. The Red is weathered perfectly so that it stands out just enough but doesnt overwhelm the other colors, same goes for the Green. Well Done...

*In Mortal Kombat Narrator Voice*-Flawless Victory!
    He's taken my words.
    My opinion is the same as his on this magnificent and customized kit.
    Anime is for kids

GORGEOUS.

Great. I knew it could be done, and NOW I want one The paint job is excellent. I love the gold sheen. The lining is excellent. I need to learn to shade like that. I will give it a go on my Wing Zero Custom. The attention to detail is above and beyond. Notice the backpack, the boosters and subtle paint on the back of the claw arms. As Duo Maxwell once said:

"Dang".
    Last edited by Jfl0; March 7, 2013 at 7:53 AM.

I am currently living in a room with a moose.
    Man they should actually sell this. It's awesome and the two models work perfectly together.

Administrator
    Holy crap man!!! This thing is gorgeous. That simply cannot be understated. Everything works so well together. As for your imperfections, I do not see any at all. It looks perfect to me. If Bandai doesn't wise up and actually makes this kit, I'll be coming to you for some advice as to how to turn a MG Shenlong into this work of art.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister

wow thanks guys im glad you guys like it. if you guys wanna make one it just takes a drill and you are set. just put two holes in the arms.

Easily one of the best kit-bashes/customs I've seen in a long time. It's nice to see one that's not over the top and over-stylized. This is simple, straightforward, and faithful to the goal. Without seeing your WIP on it, there is no way our eyes will see the flaws on this kit so drink up and toast to your fine work.

How's the posability on this bad boy?

As for your imperfections
    Wut I didn't see anything, and I scrutinized that bad boy. I'm gonna have to kit bash this now. If the result is THAT GOOD, then yeah. I want this. D-Smith's work is on par or better than my work, so he is an excellent barometer on getting kits.

Phew! the cost of bashing this guy (from amazon) is about $80 US. $64.67 from HLJ. HLJ is a little more affordable on this project. I'll save up some cash for not next paycheck, but the paycheck after that for this project. I want to do a heavyarms custom too.
    Last edited by Jfl0; March 7, 2013 at 2:20 PM.

Thanks guys. mine was about $80 dollars but just think you get a crappy HG Nataku for free lol

Love this thing, the gold trim really makes the green pop, the paint is flawless.

Hot damn dude that's pretty rad. Good job. How sturdy are the dragon claws?
    So A Baoa Qu basically involved a bunch of Jims taking on John's Zacks and Dons. IN SPACE.

Administrator
    Phew! the cost of bashing this guy (from amazon) is about $80 US. $64.67 from HLJ. HLJ is a little more affordable on this project. I'll save up some cash for not next paycheck, but the paycheck after that for this project. I want to do a heavyarms custom too.
    MG Shenlong is 50 bucks at GGinfinite. I think it would be worth doing. Especially if you have a useless 1/100 Nataku laying around.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister

Wow a little late to the show but just wanted to say that this looks awesome! The gold and green is fantastic and of course the claws. :3