Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amuro Aznable View Post
    So, I recently finished Gundam X and I was thinking about X's ending. Specifically how it succinctly bookends the Newtype theory of them being the next stage in human evolution. This is something that was started in UC, but after Char's Counterattack (later Unicorn), Newtypes just stopped being a big deal. Neither F91 or Victory really give us an explanation as to where Newtypes went, since Tomino wanted to move away from the mysticism surround them.

I was thinking, what if X was the last chapter in the UC (MSG - F91)? X is technically an AU, but I think you could squeeze it in at the end of the UC and not have any problems. We know the Earth is poisoned, barren and polluted in Victory Gundam and X's Earth is similarly ravaged by nuclear winter and colony drops. So why not sub them out?
    But minovsky particles do not exist in X, nor do psycho frames.

Re: Mobile Suit Gundam Chronology

Quote Originally Posted by Efreet_masterrace View Post
    But minovsky particles do not exist in X, nor do psycho frames.
    Tech changes, mate.

NTD systems don't exist in F91 or Victory, despite it being cutting edge in 0096.

At the same time by F91, Newtypes had faded into obscurity and Feddie officers didn't immediately recognize what a Gundam was. But in Victory Zansacare officers know what Gundams are and Newtypes are also around in abundance.

Also, didn't the mobile suits in X have wireless suits (mobile dolls if you will) that were controlled by a single pilot through their newtype abilities? That sounds like psycommu/psycho frame tech.

Truthfully, the issues arise from TPTB/TPTW recycling ideas and changing their minds about new rules they set. Like Tomino intending for Newtypes to be a thing of the past by F91's era, but Uso and all his friends are "psykickers"/Newtypes 30 years after F91.

- - - Updated - - -

Where would you guys say Gundam Thunderbolt fits with the OYW timeline?

So far we have:

The Origin
    IGLOO
    MSG
    08th MS Team
    Last edited by Amuro Aznable; June 15, 2016 at 3:40 AM.

Thunderbolt looks like it fits into the very end of the OYW just before the battle of A Boa Qu. The technology seems there (Full Armor Gundams, GMs, Rick Dom's, Guncannons etc.)

Go Jegan or go home.

Yeah thunderbolt is right at the end, the first major arc ends at A Boa Qu. IT then carries into 0080 in the manga.

That said in the Manga at least (unsure about the OVA) it's an alternate timeline. Amuro and Char are still implied to exist (shows Char's Zaku Albeit it's a thunderbolt Zaku, plus the Gundam is well known) but yeah it's alternate, Author has even said he just wanted to do a OYW manga with cool stuff in it. TBH I respect it, just did what he liked didn't try to shoe horn yet another sidestory into it like everything else.

I really want to read the Thunderbolt manga now, I think I will do that.

Go Jegan or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by AmbientAce View Post
    I really want to read the Thunderbolt manga now, I think I will do that.
    It's pretty good, Volume 5 just was translated a few months back.

It's interesting. Gets kinda strange, in a good way after A Boa Qu. It's less EFF Vs. Zeon. Still part of it but it goes for a new angle.

This thread is awesome thanks!

I'm about to finish 0079 and i'm really entrenched in the story. I was going to watch 08th MS team but I think i'll watch Zeta next. Unless there's another series I should watch first?

- - - Updated - - -

Just started zeta wth is going on!? LOL

- - - Updated - - -

I remember amuro annoying me at the beginning of 0079 but this kamille guy. . . HE'S PISSING ME OFF! haha

Quote Originally Posted by NorthBayGundam View Post

I'm about to finish 0079 and i'm really entrenched in the story. I was going to watch 08th MS team but I think i'll watch Zeta next. Unless there's another series I should watch first?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I remember amuro annoying me at the beginning of 0079 but this kamille guy. . . HE'S PISSING ME OFF! haha
    Yeah, the first half of Zeta kind of moves at a pretty quick pace. As for Kamille... he starts to cool off by about the Jaburo Invasion Arc.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by NorthBayGundam View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I finished 0079 last night and started 08th MS team.. you should watch it, you wont be disappointed! Im really enjoying it

Quote Originally Posted by Uncalledfore88 View Post
    I finished 0079 last night and started 08th MS team.. you should watch it, you wont be disappointed! Im really enjoying it
    Yep, agreed. Kamille pretty much loses everyone he loves except for one person. I'm glad that this wasn't the case with Shiro. Zeta was pretty tragic...along the same lines as Victory.

Quote Originally Posted by mythos-018 View Post
    Yep, agreed. Kamille pretty much loses everyone he loves except for one person. I'm glad that this wasn't the case with Shiro. Zeta was pretty tragic...along the same lines as Victory.
    I've kinda went sideways and backwards with my gundam series watching. I started with Wing, then 00.. then didnt watch anything for years until i started to get into Gunpla.. then watched Unicorn, then build fighters.. now i'm going to go back and start from the beginning, as much as I can. I've had to skip a few series as i cant find them all (IGLOO for one). But I have watched the first 2 Origins, and now 0079 and about half of 08th

Quote Originally Posted by Uncalledfore88 View Post
    I've kinda went sideways and backwards with my gundam series watching. I started with Wing, then 00.. then didnt watch anything for years until i started to get into Gunpla.. then watched Unicorn, then build fighters.. now i'm going to go back and start from the beginning, as much as I can. I've had to skip a few series as i cant find them all (IGLOO for one). But I have watched the first 2 Origins, and now 0079 and about half of 08th
    Sent you a PM

Awesome thanks

Shin don't forget Crossbone Gundam which is basically a sequel to F91. Also would Turn A and G Reco get placed under UC since they are WITHIN the UC universe its just that scientists decided to restart the calendar ala B.C. and A.D.

Reconguista in G needs to me listed under Universal Century. The show is POST-U.C. , the same continuity. It's specifically mentioned as such in promotional material.

Even in the show, the universal century is repeatedly mentioned as being a past era.
    We get talks about Minovsky Particles in the first episode.
    We get a museum full of U.C. mobile suits.
    Characters talk about the existence of New Types.
    The ruins of Jaburo base are shown in the final episode, complete with broken Z'Goks.
    A Unicorn variant shows ups in the short film.

But yeah, it belongs in the U.C. section as much as F91 and Victory do.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun