Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Mobile Suit Gundam Chronology

Quote Originally Posted by alphachruch View Post
    Hi, I was typing a summary of Zeon on the Facebook Gundam page and realized a theory of how the timelines connected.

UC was always first. Earth goes to space and becomes awesome. It leads to the creation of Newtypes. And then the One Year War and the 3 Neo Zeon Wars. Then Earth gets taken over by Mars Zeon and then after that Zeon is gone forever.
    The F90 and Crossbone take place to fight the 1st Crossbone Vanguard and the Jupiter Empire.
    I think WING takes place during the break between the end of Zeon to Mars Zeon.
    I also think that G Gundam takes place during Mars Zeon's take over and after the take over.
    After War takes place after G Gundam. The gundam fighters are Newtypes.
    Then SEEd happens with NEwtypes as Coordinators. The people go back into space and find the full power that they lost in UC. but there are many cyber-newtypes. Then the whole seed thing happens. And then something happens that restarts the system.
    I think that is when Turn A starts. The past is covered up and Earth is turned to a new but rural state. The moon is that farthest they can go, therefore everything past the Moon is hidden, like Jupiter, Mars, and the rest of Space. Turn A's dark history is UC+AC+AW+FC. Something happened in FC that covered up everything and started anew. That something has to do with Turn A and Turn X. No one is newtype except for Loran and the other main pilots.
    Then when the people of CC become advanced, AD begins with 00. 00 is when all the people are normal again and so they start over in AD. Aeolia finds out that there was a superior past but doesnt want things like Zeon to happen again, so he plans to unite everyone. He makes new Gundams that are never seen before because Turn A and Turn X are gone. He makes people unite and turns them into Innovators (the new Newtypes). Remember that one scene where they find something in a Jupiter colony? that connects back to the Jupiter Empire in Crossbone Gundam. The other colonies didnt make it and died, by the aliens that attack Earth in the 00 movie. But the alien recognise that these "newtypes" are the correct version so they are accepted. Then the innovators leave Earth and wander into space with the aliens.
    Then AGE begins. AGE is consists of the people that were not converted into innovators and did not leave Earth. So they remained on Earth, slowly advancing their tech. But then the Vagans arrive to kill the Earth beings. Long ago the EFSF put people on Mars before Mars Zeon. those people failed the project and were abandoned. Mars Zeon did not even realize that they were there. So even though it was 150 years before AG year 115, the UC years and the AD years and the CC years all have different timespans so EFSF did indeed put people on Mars 150 years prior. then Flit Asuno makes the "Gundam" that once existed. That gundam is actually the 0 Gundam from 00. But the 0 Gundam was from Rx-78-2 because Aeolia saw that RX-78-2 was important in UC. So then the AGE is made and they fault the Vagans. AGE's dark history is the same as Turn A's dark history except AW, CC, AC, FC, CE, and AD are added to it. So that dark stuff is hidden away from the Earth being by the innovators so that they dont find it and become bad. But some find it and use it. In AGE the Newtypes/Innovators are called X-Rounders. The X-Rounders are the people that are becoming Innovators after the Celestial Being left Earth. The superpilots are x-rounders that arent fully developed yet. Then the SID comes and AGE-FX finishes them off. And that is where the timeline ends. We in Common Era 2013 are actually the people before UC.
    Notice how Char ends up in every gundam series, that is because clones of him are passed from gen to gen.

And i realize how bad my theory may sound but if you look at the details in each individual timeline, you will find many similatities that show some truth to this theory.
    First I disagree in terms of flawed with the the SEED statement. By all means correct me if I'm wrong ( haven't seen the show in years), but I thought that Coordinators were...and key word: "genetically altered". Cagalli does prove that any Natural possess a SEED mode, however in UC Not everyone possesses Newtype abilities. Cyber-Newtypes are also different as their whole procedure doesn't involve gene alteration.

Second, you're adding things such as Mars Zeon that anime wise doesn't exist. There for in the eyes of the Powers That Be, it isn't real.

Third, unlike the others, Tomino specifically states that Reguild Century is an era AFTER Universal Century...lol and we have no clue what that timeline consist of yet. But here you have something actually stating a connection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    I also disagree with the theory above, but I'm more inclusive than extend. I elaborate on it more in the "making sense of the dark history" thread, but I ignore all post Turn A works when it comes to Turn-A's timeline. UC is explicitly mentioned as taking place in the past, so I include that. In oh so many ways, Gundam X fits in as a successor to UC chronologically (number of major space wars, newtypes, colony design, even the damn Feddie uniforms), so I include that as well. G is pretty ridiculous but the shining finger and devil Gundam cells are logical forerunners of technology found in Turn A, and the martial arts tournament to settle wars suddenly makes a hell of a lot of sense following X's unprecedented death toll (it makes even the OYW look tame). As for Wing, its footage in Tuen A could be explained away as historical fiction that people think is actual history (think Gladiator), meaning while based on reality (Wing basically repeats the core UC struggle's story beats), it takes things in different directions for entertainment's/propaganda's sake. It wouldn't be the first time that happened in history.
    But isn't it suggested that Corin Nander is from After Colony's timeline, though he appears in Correct Century?

My take on it is that I don't think Tomino intended for Gundam to go this long. Thus while creating Turn A, he really meant to be a "wrap-up". Anything BEYOND it (SEED/Destiny, 00, etc) is just extra fluff.

I think it's a metaphor that Tomino finally recognized AUs as part of the whole franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkerangel
    My take on it is that I don't think Tomino intended for Gundam to go this long. Thus while creating Turn A, he really meant to be a "wrap-up". Anything BEYOND it (SEED/Destiny, 00, etc) is just extra fluff.
    He didn't intend Gundam to go on after what he wrote, period. It's thanks to Bandai that the series was even stretched so far as it is today.

Anyway, in regards to CE and 00 being extra fluff, I have to agree.
    First being SEED, an updating of the Universal Century for a newer generation.
    Then there's 00, which happens in the future of Anno Domini, impossible to exist in the same timeline as UC because by this time, the Universal Century was established.

I wouldn't think about it too much, I'm sure the old man will surprise us.

Well there is really no need to include CE and 00 into the main UC timeline. After all they have completely different technologies and several conflicting history points. I think it really does not matter that they exist outside of the UC line or the extended universe such as Turn-A. We all know that unless someone does some kind of prequel or midquel 00 is finished. There is simply nothing really to do after the discovery of aliens and unification of the humankind into single body which still holds true dozens of years later. As for CE, I admit I would like to see more from it, something like set 20-50 years after the Destiny. Or even redoing the whole thing from scratch. I like SEED, it had so much promise but of course it would never replace UC.

I never bought into the 'all Gundam universes are connected' theory. I haven't watched Turn A yet (working on X atm) but from what I read, Tomino only losely tried to connect the AU Gundam's with clips, blink and you miss them flashbacks and the "black history". Unless they are in the same universe (i.e. UC Gundams), they can't be connected.

This is an old graphic, but just looking at it, there is no way UC, FC, AW and AC fit together and become CC.

Quote Originally Posted by alphachruch View Post
    After War takes place after G Gundam. The gundam fighters are Newtypes.
    I don't buy your post. However, I do want to mention that at lesast one could very well be a Newtype. George de Sand. His Gundam Rose and Gundam Versailles both use bits. While only a single Newtype in G Gundam might seem odd, Newtypes have almost supposed to be relatively few in numbers. Actually, Dark History and Turn A would explain the cameos of U.C. suits in G Gundam. They could be the actual suits or be reproductions like the Borjanon is likley to be of the Zaku.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

Doesn't Turn A have DG cells and Shining Finger (used by the Turn X)?

Quote Originally Posted by Amuro Aznable View Post
    Doesn't Turn A have DG cells and Shining Finger (used by the Turn X)?
    DG Cells are just speculated from what I understand. However, yeah, the Turn X having it's own variation of the Shining Finger is certainly a thing. And it is awesome.

Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

yknow what was always weird to me? an X turned upside down is.... an X. so wouldnt it just be X Gundam?
    http://www.gundamforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=191916&dateline=14222  50061

SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam_Asgard View Post
    yknow what was always weird to me? an X turned upside down is.... an X. so wouldnt it just be X Gundam?
    I guess he was keeping in the the math theme of the Gundams.

X is an unknown variable. Since X is unknown, it can be limitless.

∀means "for all" in math.

Edit--
    Forgot to turn the A upside down.
    Last edited by Amuro Aznable; June 30, 2015 at 3:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amuro Aznable View Post
    I guess he was keeping in the the math theme of the Gundams.

X is an unknown variable. Since X is unknown, it can be limitless.

A means "for all" in math.
    then would a turned X be a known limit if it's the opposite? and turn A be "for one?"
    http://www.gundamforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=191916&dateline=14222  50061

SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

then would a turned X be a known limit if it's the opposite? and turn A be "for one?"
    Yeah, the technical term for Turn A is called the Universal Quantifier. Look it up, I learned about it in my Pre-Calculus class.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Yeah, the technical term for Turn A is called the Universal Quantifier. Look it up, I learned about it in my Pre-Calculus class.
    im gonna NOT look it up, just cause Zeta told me to look it up.

SETH ROLLINS IS CHAMP!

What's funny is that a character in the series itself mentioned that what's the point of calling it Turn X, since a turned X is still and X...

So, I recently finished Gundam X and I was thinking about X's ending. Specifically how it succinctly bookends the Newtype theory of them being the next stage in human evolution. This is something that was started in UC, but after Char's Counterattack (later Unicorn), Newtypes just stopped being a big deal. Neither F91 or Victory really give us an explanation as to where Newtypes went, since Tomino wanted to move away from the mysticism surround them.

I was thinking, what if X was the last chapter in the UC (MSG - F91)? X is technically an AU, but I think you could squeeze it in at the end of the UC and not have any problems. We know the Earth is poisoned, barren and polluted in Victory Gundam and X's Earth is similarly ravaged by nuclear winter and colony drops. So why not sub them out?