Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Of course.

As is the movie.
    Anime is for kids

So can anyone explain where Gundam AGE would fall on this list? I just hit episode 6 where they made a reference to what I'm assuming is the original MSG - "a legendary machine that every mobile suit smith knows about."

Now AGE takes place in the Advanced Generation, but is that just a follow on to the Universal Century? I'm getting the impression that it's not necessarily an alternate universe...

Quote Originally Posted by NoZakuBoy View Post
    So can anyone explain where Gundam AGE would fall on this list? I just hit episode 6 where they made a reference to what I'm assuming is the original MSG - "a legendary machine that every mobile suit smith knows about."

Now AGE takes place in the Advanced Generation, but is that just a follow on to the Universal Century? I'm getting the impression that it's not necessarily an alternate universe...
    Yeah maybe. In a sense, it's all connected to the Correct Century.

Let's see, Universal Century, then after colony, after war, and then we would get the correct century. Maybe you can take out the AC and just imagine... it makes sense. AGE would come after that.

I'll be updating this list sometime soon, you can then ponder on it then.

They did create a metaverse but I dont think it is supposed to make much sense. More of a nod to previous Gundam series rather than continuation.

36516_318136644952834_2056857824_n.jpg I thought this would add some stuff
    That damn legged ship

That's incredible, do you have that in a larger size?

Quote Originally Posted by NoZakuBoy View Post

I'd like to think that Advanced Generation is not connected to the same stream of time with the Universal Century. I'd only consider AGE to be the future of Universal Century if it is largely hinted or there are sources that directly states that AGE came from the Universal Century timeline. I doubt that there will be any materials that will be published regarding AGE that will solidify its connection to Universal Century as AGE is already concluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Starlord View Post
    That's incredible, do you have that in a larger size?
    Na I wish I tried blowing it up
    That damn legged ship

The ZZ English dub is real. It was done by Sony's Animax channel for broadcast in Southeast Asia. It's terrible by all accounts.

As for your list, I think it would be a good idea to note which shows do not have official English subtitles:

1) MS Igloo 2

2) Victory Gundam

3) Gundam X

4) Turn A Gundam (series and compilation movies)

5) Stargazer

6) Gundam 00 compilation movies

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post

3) Gundam X

4) Turn A Gundam (series and compilation movies)

5) Stargazer
    I just want to say it's a travesty why these haven't gotten official subtitles yet. Yes, we have fansubs available, but still.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Turn A is the real crime. We had it coming out officially. But the damn pirates just couldn't help themselves. They had to continue to steal Gundam shows, and make Bandai Japan's cost/benefit analysis for Bandai Ent. go into the toilet. Yes, Gundam is huge in Japan, but in the US it was mid tier performer in a niche market. If Bandai Japan couldnt make enough money off of the American fans to offset the losses incurred when Japanese customers reverse imported the American discs instead of buying the pricier Japanese ones, what reason would they have to keep releasing the shows in the US? Answer: none. Which is why they pulled the plug on BEI. It's in ANN's coverage of BEI's destruction. ANN, a decidedly anti-Gundam group overall, constantly tried to get various BEI employees to say that Gundam wasn't selling in NA. And every time they were told that not a one failed to turn a profit in North America. Some (notably Wing and Unicorn) were significantly more successful, but they all paid for themselves. The problem was that with the reverse importing and piracy, the NA contribution to the mothership was insignificant. So remember, if you pirated Gundam, you can thank yourself for screwing the rest of us over. Japanese Blu-Rays are not cheap, and not all of the ones released post-BEI have English subtitles (damn you Stargazer).

For those of you who are curious about Japanese Blu-rays:

All thirteen volumes of the AGE tv series have english subtitles. The movie does not, as far as I can tell.

Unicorn has multiple subtitle tracks and a dub (but not for the bonus discs).

SEED HD and Destiny have subtitles, while Stargazer does not.

Build Fighters' subtitle situation is unknown at the moment (the first set comes out in March).

Code Geass Nunally in Wonderland has subtitles, as does Akito the Exiled (although importing CG:AtE is kind of pointless at this point, since Funi licensed it back in August).

The other Gundam Blu-rays do not have English subtitles.

Hi, I was typing a summary of Zeon on the Facebook Gundam page and realized a theory of how the timelines connected.

UC was always first. Earth goes to space and becomes awesome. It leads to the creation of Newtypes. And then the One Year War and the 3 Neo Zeon Wars. Then Earth gets taken over by Mars Zeon and then after that Zeon is gone forever.
    The F90 and Crossbone take place to fight the 1st Crossbone Vanguard and the Jupiter Empire.
    I think WING takes place during the break between the end of Zeon to Mars Zeon.
    I also think that G Gundam takes place during Mars Zeon's take over and after the take over.
    After War takes place after G Gundam. The gundam fighters are Newtypes.
    Then SEEd happens with NEwtypes as Coordinators. The people go back into space and find the full power that they lost in UC. but there are many cyber-newtypes. Then the whole seed thing happens. And then something happens that restarts the system.
    I think that is when Turn A starts. The past is covered up and Earth is turned to a new but rural state. The moon is that farthest they can go, therefore everything past the Moon is hidden, like Jupiter, Mars, and the rest of Space. Turn A's dark history is UC+AC+AW+FC. Something happened in FC that covered up everything and started anew. That something has to do with Turn A and Turn X. No one is newtype except for Loran and the other main pilots.
    Then when the people of CC become advanced, AD begins with 00. 00 is when all the people are normal again and so they start over in AD. Aeolia finds out that there was a superior past but doesnt want things like Zeon to happen again, so he plans to unite everyone. He makes new Gundams that are never seen before because Turn A and Turn X are gone. He makes people unite and turns them into Innovators (the new Newtypes). Remember that one scene where they find something in a Jupiter colony? that connects back to the Jupiter Empire in Crossbone Gundam. The other colonies didnt make it and died, by the aliens that attack Earth in the 00 movie. But the alien recognise that these "newtypes" are the correct version so they are accepted. Then the innovators leave Earth and wander into space with the aliens.
    Then AGE begins. AGE is consists of the people that were not converted into innovators and did not leave Earth. So they remained on Earth, slowly advancing their tech. But then the Vagans arrive to kill the Earth beings. Long ago the EFSF put people on Mars before Mars Zeon. those people failed the project and were abandoned. Mars Zeon did not even realize that they were there. So even though it was 150 years before AG year 115, the UC years and the AD years and the CC years all have different timespans so EFSF did indeed put people on Mars 150 years prior. then Flit Asuno makes the "Gundam" that once existed. That gundam is actually the 0 Gundam from 00. But the 0 Gundam was from Rx-78-2 because Aeolia saw that RX-78-2 was important in UC. So then the AGE is made and they fault the Vagans. AGE's dark history is the same as Turn A's dark history except AW, CC, AC, FC, CE, and AD are added to it. So that dark stuff is hidden away from the Earth being by the innovators so that they dont find it and become bad. But some find it and use it. In AGE the Newtypes/Innovators are called X-Rounders. The X-Rounders are the people that are becoming Innovators after the Celestial Being left Earth. The superpilots are x-rounders that arent fully developed yet. Then the SID comes and AGE-FX finishes them off. And that is where the timeline ends. We in Common Era 2013 are actually the people before UC.
    Notice how Char ends up in every gundam series, that is because clones of him are passed from gen to gen.

And i realize how bad my theory may sound but if you look at the details in each individual timeline, you will find many similatities that show some truth to this theory.
    by the great Deathscythe
    I'm Alphachruch on Steam, send me a pm if you wanna play.
    "I am Gundam" - Setsuna
    "The stronger you get, the firecer you get." - Domon
    "I came to laugh at you" - Quattro
    "Locked on and firing" - Lockon (favorite gundam pilot)
    "Kamille is not a man's name!" - guess i dare you.
    Jesus Christ, haven't been online in 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by alphachruch View Post
    Hi, I was typing a summary of Zeon on the Facebook Gundam page and realized a theory of how the timelines connected.

UC was always first. Earth goes to space and becomes awesome. It leads to the creation of Newtypes. And then the One Year War and the 3 Neo Zeon Wars. Then Earth gets taken over by Mars Zeon and then after that Zeon is gone forever.
    The F90 and Crossbone take place to fight the 1st Crossbone Vanguard and the Jupiter Empire.
    I think WING takes place during the break between the end of Zeon to Mars Zeon.
    I also think that G Gundam takes place during Mars Zeon's take over and after the take over.
    After War takes place after G Gundam. The gundam fighters are Newtypes.
    Then SEEd happens with NEwtypes as Coordinators. The people go back into space and find the full power that they lost in UC. but there are many cyber-newtypes. Then the whole seed thing happens. And then something happens that restarts the system.
    I think that is when Turn A starts. The past is covered up and Earth is turned to a new but rural state. The moon is that farthest they can go, therefore everything past the Moon is hidden, like Jupiter, Mars, and the rest of Space. Turn A's dark history is UC+AC+AW+FC. Something happened in FC that covered up everything and started anew. That something has to do with Turn A and Turn X. No one is newtype except for Loran and the other main pilots.
    Then when the people of CC become advanced, AD begins with 00. 00 is when all the people are normal again and so they start over in AD. Aeolia finds out that there was a superior past but doesnt want things like Zeon to happen again, so he plans to unite everyone. He makes new Gundams that are never seen before because Turn A and Turn X are gone. He makes people unite and turns them into Innovators (the new Newtypes). Remember that one scene where they find something in a Jupiter colony? that connects back to the Jupiter Empire in Crossbone Gundam. The other colonies didnt make it and died, by the aliens that attack Earth in the 00 movie. But the alien recognise that these "newtypes" are the correct version so they are accepted. Then the innovators leave Earth and wander into space with the aliens.
    Then AGE begins. AGE is consists of the people that were not converted into innovators and did not leave Earth. So they remained on Earth, slowly advancing their tech. But then the Vagans arrive to kill the Earth beings. Long ago the EFSF put people on Mars before Mars Zeon. those people failed the project and were abandoned. Mars Zeon did not even realize that they were there. So even though it was 150 years before AG year 115, the UC years and the AD years and the CC years all have different timespans so EFSF did indeed put people on Mars 150 years prior. then Flit Asuno makes the "Gundam" that once existed. That gundam is actually the 0 Gundam from 00. But the 0 Gundam was from Rx-78-2 because Aeolia saw that RX-78-2 was important in UC. So then the AGE is made and they fault the Vagans. AGE's dark history is the same as Turn A's dark history except AW, CC, AC, FC, CE, and AD are added to it. So that dark stuff is hidden away from the Earth being by the innovators so that they dont find it and become bad. But some find it and use it. In AGE the Newtypes/Innovators are called X-Rounders. The X-Rounders are the people that are becoming Innovators after the Celestial Being left Earth. The superpilots are x-rounders that arent fully developed yet. Then the SID comes and AGE-FX finishes them off. And that is where the timeline ends. We in Common Era 2013 are actually the people before UC.
    Notice how Char ends up in every gundam series, that is because clones of him are passed from gen to gen.

And i realize how bad my theory may sound but if you look at the details in each individual timeline, you will find many similatities that show some truth to this theory.
    I know this is an old thread but upon reading this, it actually does make sense. I know that it may not be fully true but it does make sense. Thank you for that.

Re: Mobile Suit Gundam Chronology

Quote Originally Posted by Setsunason54 View Post
    I know this is an old thread but upon reading this, it actually does make sense. I know that it may not be fully true but it does make sense. Thank you for that.
    I completely disagree with the theory above.

That being said, this is my PERSONAL take on each timelines.

First, the enhanced humans on each series (while not all series have this feature) might be similar, but they are all different. The science of how humans develop into Newtypes should apply to all timelines. The environmental conditions for each timeline for triggering different types of human evolutions are not that different for humans to adapt differently on each of them. Newtypes, Coordinators, Innovators, X-Rounders, etc.. They may all be similar when it comes to their abilities, but they are all different!

Second, the geography should be consistent. The damage caused by numerous battles must be existing on all timelines. Major changes on the global map, such as the crater on Australia cannot simply disappear on other timelines.

Third, some timelines such as the Universal Century and the Anno Domini (00) are already overlapping each other.

Having similarities between each timeline never automatically imply the connection on each other timelines. The similarities between each timelines or each Gundam series is to be expected, because they all bear the "Mobile Suit Gundam" as its title! Simple as that. It's like an unwritten rule that a Gundam title should have a "Char" clone, space battles, human evolution (not all), etc. They are common Gundam elements.

While there are lots of plot holes for different timelines to be on a single stream of time, Universal Century, After War and Correct Century are closely related.

Even though it's not officially declared, there are lots of related elements. Newtypes exist on UC and AW. The colonies dropped in After War were mostly O'neil Cylinder type which is the majority of the colony model in Universal Century.

In Turn A Gundam, Universal Century is officially mentioned. It's not true for After War and After Colony. Even though Gundam X and Gundam Wing video footage where shown, the timelines such as After War and After Colony were never mentioned. It can be theorized that maybe the Universal Century mentioned in Correct Century is different from the original Universal Century where the mobile suits from Gundam Wing and X from the footage of black history were all part of Universal Century making Correct Century a complete alternate universe.

Re: Mobile Suit Gundam Chronology

I also disagree with the theory above, but I'm more inclusive than extend. I elaborate on it more in the "making sense of the dark history" thread, but I ignore all post Turn A works when it comes to Turn-A's timeline. UC is explicitly mentioned as taking place in the past, so I include that. In oh so many ways, Gundam X fits in as a successor to UC chronologically (number of major space wars, newtypes, colony design, even the damn Feddie uniforms), so I include that as well. G is pretty ridiculous but the shining finger and devil Gundam cells are logical forerunners of technology found in Turn A, and the martial arts tournament to settle wars suddenly makes a hell of a lot of sense following X's unprecedented death toll (it makes even the OYW look tame). As for Wing, its footage in Tuen A could be explained away as historical fiction that people think is actual history (think Gladiator), meaning while based on reality (Wing basically repeats the core UC struggle's story beats), it takes things in different directions for entertainment's/propaganda's sake. It wouldn't be the first time that happened in history.
    Sieg Zeon!