Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Super Dimension Fortress Macross

I think I'll tackle Macross 7. It seem pretty cool and animation looks very 90's (which is my favorite period of anime).
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Macross 7....Need to watch, I've had a box set of it here for 5 years in the wiating list lol

Macross II I had one VHS but It just didn't take me as a kid, compared to first macross It didn't measure up. Could have been characters.

I liked Frontier,but I'm in that half that did I guess.

So I was just browsing around on ANN, and i found that these amateur RC plane builders in Japan designed, built, and flew RC versions of the VF-1 Valkyrie. Here is the article: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...control/.94513. They had a dream, and they made real. Pretty awesome in my opinion. I would love to get one of those.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

I saw the video. I thought it was darn cool that they were able to make one, get it flying, and get it landed safely. I always thought the VF-1 design wasn't really aerodynamic, but their project kinda proves that it is.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Now get it to transform into Gerwalk mode!
    Oh well. What ever happens, happens.

What ever you're looking for, it's always in the last place you look.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Lurker View Post
    Now get it to transform into Gerwalk mode!
    That would be the next step.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, getting the swing wings to work would be the next step, but transforming into GERWALK mode would be after that one.

- - - Updated - - -

So here's a link that showcases a little bit about the Macross series Macross Delta:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...lkyries/.94760 . Hmm... unexpected, but not unwelcome.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Looks like a generic mech anime

Man, they really upped the pretty-boy count in this one. Can already see the Ranka and Sheryl successors there also, haha. It seems like it won't be involving aliens as much this time, which I find a bit refreshing after Frontier. That was one of the things I loved about Macross Plus, actually.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

We still don't know a whole lot about this series. Who knows, it could be good. From what I've seen, it kind of looks like a combination of Macross Plus and Macross 7.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

After watching the first four episodes of Delta, my prediction of it being a combination of Macross Plus and Macross 7 seems to be holding up. Which I think is great because I like both Plus and 7. I think one of the highlights of this show for me seeing Hayate making a VF fighter dance (in both episode 1 and episode 4). What do you guys think of it so far?
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

I haven't seen macross 7, but know it was about music/aliens.

is that the comparison you mean? or is it deeper then that?

A little bit deeper. The comparison I'm trying to draw is that it's a band versus aliens. Specifically, aliens that were part of the intergalatic community that the colonial fleets had established but have now broken away from that a la the Principality of Zeon.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Hey all you Macross fans in the LA area, the man himself is going to be at AX: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...wamori/.102966. That's right, Shoji Kawamori, creator of Macross, Aquarion, AKB0048, and Escaflowne, will have a panel at Anime Expo.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

So for those of you who have been watching Macross Delta, I've got to ask: what's been your favorite song so far? Mine has been Hametsu no Junjou. I like that song more than Ikenai Boarderline (which was already a very catchy song to begin with).
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

On the subject of Macross Delta, If anyone is interested. I just uploaded an open box review of the Tomytec VF-31J 1/144 pre-painted kit. This is my first ever open box video since I usually private warehouse everything at HLJ and only ships when I reach the 60 days limit. It's rare that I'll get anything before there are many videos already up on Youtube. These kits are pretty expensive for their size, 1/144 is just slightly bigger than the Bandai Mecha Collection version. But they are fully painted and have optional parts that will light up the thrusters.