Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Super Dimension Fortress Macross

Interesting to see what that will be about! I liked frontier as I have most of the Macross series. DYRL was a great one to watch as a kid.

Hmmm, I wonder if that means they'll be releasing new Macross kits, or perhaps updating existing ones.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Quote Originally Posted by Dlinker View Post
    Hmmm, I wonder if that means they'll be releasing new Macross kits, or perhaps updating existing ones.
    Same here. The one kit I'd like to buy is the YF-19 from Macross Plus, and I 'd like to see Bandai make it.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

That would make for a great product. A Macross fan can never get tired of the YF/VF-19.

I'm curious to see if they'll make a VF-1 that's actually sturdy while still being able to transform. The Bandai one was flimsy and loose due to poorly engineered joints and connecting points. Hasegawa's version is solid with amazing surface details, but can't transform.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Don't forget that the Hasegawa kits require paint and glue.

- - - Updated - - -

I get that the fighter at the top of the image is supposed to look like a Saab 35 Draken, but what the heck is the fighter at the bottom of the image supposed to resemble?

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh, they're at it again:

Man at the rate they're going, they'll wreak both fighters. You know what they need to do:

Just cut the engines and ride the wind.

- - - Updated - - -

More news on the Macross Delta front! Apparently, this series will have "Valkyrie vs. Valkyrie" fights (much like Macross Plus). Also, I didn't realize at first but look closely at the logo for this series:

Do you see it? There's a planet within the logo. Meaning this series won't take place in space as part the Emigration Fleets. It doesn't look like Earth or Eden (the planet where Macross Plus takes place) so it could take place on a new planet. Hmm... this could be interesting. Full article here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...erbirds/.93436
    Last edited by Zeta; September 27, 2015 at 6:38 AM.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Oooh, I wonder how those new planes in the first pic will look like when transformed. I hope they're a bit beefier like how the VF-11, VF-19, and VF-17 look compared to the slender insectoid design of the VF-25 and up (looking at you especially, YF-30 Chronos).

Regarding that planet, it would be nice to finally have it set on a planet once again. They've had two series already when it was mostly space and they showed how things can still be epic in an atmosphere during the last Macross Frontier movie.

According to Kawamori-san, the background fighter (the one that looks like a Saab 35 Draken) will have an entirely new transformation sequence that will distinguish it from the rest of the Valkyrie line. The show will be fully unveiled on October 29, 2015 as part of a live streaming event.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Color me piqued then. With that kind of a design (wide and mostly flat), something tells me it might be more of a Zentraedi appearance similar to the VF-22's transformation. I'll be happy with anything that's not the VF-25 and above, though. Nothing against the design at all, but I feel it's time for a change.

Maybe. That being said, the foreground fighter will be a descendant of the Valkyrie line and have a similar transformation sequence to those of the Valkyrie line. Man, all this talk of Macross just reminds me that we will never see any official Macross property (outside of the ones that have already released) because of Harmony Gold. Curse you, Harmony Gold!!!
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Yeah, Harmony Gold really screwed over the overseas fans. The worst part is they're not even doing anything substantial with it; No toys, no games, no shows, nothing.

That reminds me of a pet peeve of sorts with Macross Frontier. They make two movies out of it, which are pretty good, and yet they make them officially non-canon? So all of the cool stuff that happens in the second film are essentially non-existent, which bugs me because it would have made for a great addition to the series storyline.

I haven't seen Frontier, opinions I've heard about it are fairly divided. On the one hand some people praise it, while on the other hand some people didn't like it. What I have seen is Super Dimensional Fortress Macross and Macross Plus. So how do Macross fans here feel about Frontier?
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    I haven't seen Frontier, opinions I've heard about it are fairly divided. On the one hand some people praise it, while on the other hand some people didn't like it. What I have seen is Super Dimensional Fortress Macross and Macross Plus. So how do Macross fans here feel about Frontier?
    I found it really, really boring. Plot moves so damn slow (and i can take slow plots, Zeta being a good example) and all the protagonists are really uninspired and dull. Animation and fight choreography is pretty decent and soundtrack is......meh. Pretty underwhelming overall .

There were some great moments and the it stays faithful to the series in terms of explosions and all that good stuff, but when compared to something like Macross Plus or even Macross 7 overall, it falls a little short. Still enjoyable, though.

Seems like Frontier is kind of mixed bag really. What about Macross 7 or Macross II?
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Macross 7 is good, but it's a looooong series so be prepared to sit through a lot of episodes. I haven't seen Macross II yet, but it's not part of the main timeline and isn't canon at all so it's up to you if you want to delve into it.