Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Huge Macross fan... and I even like Robotech, for what it is. For a small kid in rural New England, Robotech and Force Five was the greatest. Had it not been for those Harmony Gold stuff, I would have never discovered Gundam. Now that I am older I have discovered the Actual Macross and Mospeada(robotech the next generation) Still have some of my original Valkeries and Alpha fighters from the eighties even. I have the box set of both 'Robotech: The Legacy' and Macross. I also have a couple of dubbed Macross movies. Lately, I have been trying to find the original Mospeada series to see just how different it is from the Robotech rewrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Okiera29 View Post
    Huge Macross fan... and I even like Robotech, for what it is. For a small kid in rural New England, Robotech and Force Five was the greatest. Had it not been for those Harmony Gold stuff, I would have never discovered Gundam. Now that I am older I have discovered the Actual Macross and Mospeada(robotech the next generation) Still have some of my original Valkeries and Alpha fighters from the eighties even. I have the box set of both 'Robotech: The Legacy' and Macross. I also have a couple of dubbed Macross movies. Lately, I have been trying to find the original Mospeada series to see just how different it is from the Robotech rewrite.
    I didn't get into Gundam til 1999 when Wing first aired on Toonami, back then I saw the gundam movie trilogy on VHS which I later got in 2002, I was pissed that the dvd had omitted the english dub track

I got into Macross in 2009 by chance when my brother happened to tell me about it.
    In truth, I learned about it back when we got one of those Nintendo Entertainment System hardware clone bootlegs, and Macross was one of the games.
    Didn't learn of the anime until 2009 though. Amazing anime. Kind of hated how they wasted a bit of the ending with that guy that kills his comrades. I forgot his name now. The earth got wiped out episodes back, and the rest of it is the aftermath of recovering the earth, with the final 2 episodes I believe being a final attack on the Macross.

Btw, what happened to Lynn Minmay, it was her fault. That girl could never make up her mind.

I was watching Robotech when it first came out in 1984, I guess she was alone after the first Saga since Rick was in a relationship with Lisa Hayes

Found this video a few days ago. I've got to say, that is some impressive animation

"You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Funny I just saw that last night, excellent quality of work, its a shame Macross has had so much trouble getting their side stories across the pond along with games like Gundam has

Yeah, but I'm happy with what we got (SDF Macross dubbed by ADV, Macross Plus, and Macross II).
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Just sucks Macross II isn't part of the continuity. So if one were to watch it going by the official timeline, it would be Macross Zero, SDF Macross, Macross Plus, Macross 7, then Frontier. I'm still confused on what the 7 in Macross 7 is there for.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

I haven't seen Macross 7, but I'm hearing a lot that Basara is the best artist there is in the canon Macross universe.

Just saw the Macross ADV dub a couple of weeks back. As someone that's seen the original dub first, I must commend the ADV dub on being really good.

In fact, Roy Focker's VA did an even better job than his original Seiyuu.

It would be nice if they dubbed the movies too.

Quote Originally Posted by extend View Post
    I haven't seen Macross 7, but I'm hearing a lot that Basara is the best artist there is in the canon Macross universe.
    I've only seen clips of M7 here and there, mostly of Basara, and he is an over-the-top character. Supposedly the dude is somehow part of the Protoculture, which explains why his music is so potent and why his notes are so unreadable. Kinda strange how they don't mention him in Frontier at all.

@Shin, hmmm, I should give that new dub a try.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Quote Originally Posted by Dlinker View Post
    I've only seen clips of M7 here and there, mostly of Basara, and he is an over-the-top character. Supposedly the dude is somehow part of the Protoculture, which explains why his music is so potent and why his notes are so unreadable. Kinda strange how they don't mention him in Frontier at all.

@Shin, hmmm, I should give that new dub a try.
    Though it wasn't very significant, I believe Basara was mentioned once. It was about how the music of Ranka Lee and Sheryl Nome affects the battlefield. One of the crew said it was like the Minmay attack. One of the crew interjected that Minmay is so old school, and Basara is much better or something like that.

Ahh, interesting. I think I should re-watch the second half of Frontier for that. At least I think it's in the second half. Sounds like that conversation takes place when Ranka was already being tested on the field and that's at the halfway point.

I'd have to agree with Minmay being too old school, though (with all due respect to her character, haha). Basara's stuff was just on a completely different level.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlinker View Post
    Ahh, interesting. I think I should re-watch the second half of Frontier for that. At least I think it's in the second half. Sounds like that conversation takes place when Ranka was already being tested on the field and that's at the halfway point.

I'd have to agree with Minmay being too old school, though (with all due respect to her character, haha). Basara's stuff was just on a completely different level.
    Let me edit my post. It was Bobby Margot who mentioned it on episode 16.

http://ranka.shinkirou.net/hope.php

Stopping war through rock and roll?! What's more bad ass than that? LOL
    Last edited by extend; September 11, 2013 at 11:55 AM.

Re: Super Dimension Fortress Macross

So... there's a new Macross project in the works: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nveiled/.93355. Can't wait to see what it will be. Also, for those interested in Macross kits, Macross Modelers is being launched. It's a new brand that encompasses the different plastic model kits of the franchise under one banner. Participating companies include Hasegawa, Wave, Bandai, and Max Factory.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church