Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132
    Super Moderator

Re: The Airbrush question thread. Ask questions here and not in a new thread.

So, a new Gundam Marker Airbrush. 3400 yen. Might be good for people wanting to try airbrushing but are too wary to buy one. Or for that price, i can finally just use up my extra markers lmao

https://twitter.com/iCraft_base/stat...52251234353152

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    So, a new Gundam Marker Airbrush. 3400 yen. Might be good for people wanting to try airbrushing but are too wary to buy one. Or for that price, i can finally just use up my extra markers lmao

https://twitter.com/iCraft_base/stat...52251234353152
    Now that's cool. I could definitely use one of those. A couple of questions: 1) does it come with an air compressor or do I need to get one? 2) when will these go on sale?
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Now that's cool. I could definitely use one of those. A couple of questions: 1) does it come with an air compressor or do I need to get one? 2) when will these go on sale?
    Doubt it given the price. All you would get is probably just the hand piece. Kinda pointless as anyone who already have a compressor setup would probably already have an airbrush and paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz33 View Post
    Doubt it given the price. All you would get is probably just the hand piece. Kinda pointless as anyone who already have a compressor setup would probably already have an airbrush and paint.
    My guess then is that these airbrushes are made for the entry-level painter then.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Super Moderator

People on social media have started posting pictures of taped gundam markers to their airbrushes in the same angle. Works just fine lol

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Torn between these two airbrushes:
    - Badger 105-BWH Patriot
    - Tamiya Spray-Work HG Airbrush III (0.3mm)
    Any opinions about these two?

The Patriot is a known solid AB. I have two and never have any problems with them. Don't know about the Tamiya one, but reviews seem to be good for it.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

I used the Metro ED500 DataVac 500-Watt 120 volt 0.75-HP Electric Blower Duster for cleaning my PC.

Alice

Ho boy, time to drop a lengthy post.

My AB doesn't seem to like perfectly smooth paint. While some kits look good, they have spots here and there where I can tell issues occurred.

Airbrush specifies!
    Neo CS for Iwata
    Iwata Ninja Air conpressor

One issue to address first is paint always seems to get between the trigger and the paint cup, getting the needle stuck at times.
    Now, what is happening, and it really became an issue this past month, was my paint came out frosty. The best I can describe it is it looked like frosted dice from Chessex, and it feels like velvet. This sometimes happens with my Alclad Gloss Black or Chrome, but I've always chalked it up to dust or somthing small and stupid. After a polish it's fine. But this time I was trying to use Alclad Copper and it just came out frosty and gross. I am not pleased. I've teied a few other paints, enemal blacks, alclad primer, and i recently found an easy way to decan paints so I've tried Tamiya Primer gray from the can. It worked well, smooth and junk but this copper was still a problem. Okay blame the paint, move on.

Well this week the primer started to have this same issue as the Copper, and it almost sounds like the air is struggling to flow. I've deep cleaned the brush, soaked it in thinner IN A PROPER MANNER, as in only the tip area. Tried again, same issues except with Testors Enemal paints. So my trouble shooting led me to a more extensive break down of the brush. My only theorys are as follows.

1) Humidity or Moister. Neither the brush nor compressor have a moister trap, and I have one in the mail now just in case but honestly I don't think that's the issue due to enemals working

2) Inside the Needle Screw wss suppose to have an O-ring it seems, part number 5, but undoing that there wasn't one. Not sure how badly that single o ring effects the whole brush.

3) The brush is junk and I should just get an Iwata Eclipse

DISCLAIMER: Yes I have replaced the nozzle, needle, and I have messed with the PSI trying all ranges.

Photos for relevance.
    [Spoiler]
    https://imgur.com/a/An7yC
    [/spoiler]