Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546

Thread: The Car Topic

Just wanna share to you, guys, my humble hatch back.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Re: The Car Topic

So a bit of racing news: Fernando Alonso, of the Honda-McLaren F1 team, has declared that we will not race in this year's Monaco Grand Prix and instead will race in this years Indianapolis 500. Why do this? To achieve the Triple Crown of Motorsports. What's the Triple Crown of Motorsports you ask? It constitutes winning the three most prestigious races in the world: the Monaco Grand Prix, the Indianapolis 500, and the 24 Hours of Le Mans (doesn't have to be in the same year and Alonso has already won a Monaco GP).
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Welp my 442 is down for a while. blew the freeze plug out of the head tonight while stretching her legs. My fault honestly because I was going to remove the heads and replace the plugs a month or so ago because one was seeping but I didn't I just replaced the one the best I could with the heads still on her. Chalk one up for being lazy and cheap, actually not the whole truth I just don't feel like working on her anymore. Its going on almost 15 years owning her come next year and I have just lost interest. My son loves the car to death and aside from the fact I know I will probably never own another A-Body 442 ever again is about the only thing keeping her in my garage. I could fix her in a weekend or 2 right now but I know thats not going to happen.

Its weird, when I got her back on the road 4 years ago I was so amped and drove her all the time, but I lost interest in car shows after a while and just drove her around even for basic errands, even managed to rack up 15k miles in those 4 years and aside from the radiator going and a battery dying she has been rock solid reliable, I haven't even had to adjust the points.

Well it looks like Vic Edelbrock Jr has passed which is a shame for the aftermarket parts industry, I have never read anything negative about him and always stood behind his products so it will be a sad time again in this car world

Aaah cars! Love cars. I've had a few cars but some of the ones I still would like to have one day are a Toyota Supra, a Corvette, NSX, well, the list would be huge lol... currently I have a Nissan 300zx TT (not stock, ha ha) a Lexus RC-F and a Lexus GS350 F-Sport. Going to be replacing the GS pretty soon but don't know what will be next

So lately I've hearing some interesting Formula One rumors. Now, it's no secret that the McLaren and Honda team partnership has been tenuous and strained over this year's championship (they haven't even scored a single point due to constant engine failure). However, it's now gotten to the point that McLaren has told Honda that if they don't get their $#!+ together, McLaren will find a new power unit supplier. And it's not just limited to the constructors: rumor has it that Fernando Alonso will leave the team if they don't score a single point this year and will drive full-time for an Indy Car team.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

So yesterday's Belgian Grand Prix was exciting and interesting for a number of reasons. Frost off, this was a very competitive race, which is nice to see, and secondly the two Force India drivers had a bit of a heated rivalry on the track to the point that they nearly crashed each other out of the race:

And this isn't the first Perez and Ocon have come to blows against each other either:

I think these guys need to get their heads out their arses.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Hot heads behind the quickest accelerating and handling racing machines on the planet is never a good thing.

In other news of deadly things:

http://jalopnik.com/the-tvr-griffith...d-a-1802616182

TVR is finally back. And I don't think I've wanted a high end coupe this much since the SLS AMG. I hope it does well because really there aren't enough small UK sports car companies around at this point, it's pretty much just Ginetta and Caterham everything is pretty big.

I hope they also bring back their funky paint from the 90s and early 2000s.
    Glorious Quadrajet Carb, folded over one bajillion times.

So some interesting developments have happened over the past few days in the F1 circuit. First off, starting in the 2018 season, Red Bull Racing will be getting a new primary sponsor: Aston-Martin. As such, the team name will be changed to Red Bull Aston-Martin Racing. To get another auto manufacturer into the sport is certainly exciting. Now they won't be making a power unit (i.e. an engine) for the team yet, but the CEO of Aston-Martin has said that if conditions are right they will build a power unit. That will be huge if that happens since the field of engine suppliers has been dwindling (Ferrari, Renault, Mercedes, Honda). Secondly, for this years Malaysian Grand Prix, Toro Rosso has decided to pull Russian driver Daniil Kvyat off the track substitute him for a rookie. This comes as no surprise as the Russian has struggled to score points this season (8 compared to his teammate's - Carlos Sainz Jr. - 36 points). Honestly, I don't see much of a future for Kvyat at Toro Rosso as the team is the junior team of Red Bull Racing (and Kvyat got demoted from RBR to TR last season due to reckless driving). Perhaps he'll go to McClaren-Honda with fellow young driver Stoffel Vandoorne if Fernando Alonso decides to become a full time IndyCar driver.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

The Red Bull Aston team up isn't too out of left field in hindsight, they're working together on that new Supercar project, the Valkyrie. Them making a power plant could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    The Red Bull Aston team up isn't too out of left field in hindsight, they're working together on that new Supercar project, the Valkyrie. Them making a power plant could be interesting.
    I did hear about that Valkyrie project, which sounds really cool. And yes, them making a power unit would be awesome. Formula One is in dire need of new manufacturers. It would be great if an American manufacturer got into F1 and supplied the American team an engine, but that isn't likely to happen as the cost is prohibitively expensive.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Yeah not only is there expense, but they all have their eggs in other baskets at this point. And part of racing is prestige and advertising, with F1 being bigger in Europe, there's less incentive. Ford would be the most likely and they've already shot it down, they likely want to keep focusing on GT racing, and how well they've been doing. (Especially since GM is working on the Mid engined Vette and will be out for blood when it's unveiled) GM and Chrysler meanwhile have never shown and interest and even if say Chrysler wanted too, FCA wouldn't let it happen since even though they're not tied to Ferrari in terms of ownership, they're still close partners. Probably won't even see them in GT racing for awhile with the viper gone, and the LC platform soon being phased out.