Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 46 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: The Car Topic

The Car Topic

So in the "Art of Badassery" topic SFA posted a pic of a nice R32 (With a Graham Aker paint scheme) so he said hit him up with a PM if we want to talk about cars.

Then I had this grand scheme, why not make a topic to discuss cars, ones ya want, ones ya hate, ones ya just want to drive and then never look at again, or just talk shop ask questions, and just BS about cars.

So I was watching Top Gear last night (the US version) and they had a bit about the Caddy CTS-V, a car I've loved since the first gen (which happens to also be the previous one) and they where basically showing off what it could do, and all three of the body styles (Sedan, and now Coupe and Wagon) and they had a race between the Wagon version and they new Ferrari California, which while the California is the baby of the Ferrari line up at the moment, and the entry level car, it was still impressive that in heads up drag the Wagon beat it.

Not only that, the wagons lap time out did the coupe version, finely more Americans might respect Sport Wagons, then again the respect in the US for them is because of the grocrey getter stigma to them.
    HON HON HON
    "Pelinal called out Haromir of Copper and Tea into a duel at the Tor, and ate his neck-veins while screaming praise to Reman, a name that no one knew yet."-Song of Pelinal Volume 3

I love the Cadillac CTS wagon because of the unique and edgy look to them (it kind of reminds me of the Zeta). I would love to trade in my family's SUV for this, but that's not happening anytime soon. Oh, well.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

My dream car is the Skyline R34 but with a price tag between $75k-$100k, that ain't gonna happen any time soon! I was gonna go with a 2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V model when I recently bought a car, but I decided I was gonna man up and get a truck instead. I don't really like the new design of the Sentra so I doubt I will get one when it comes time for another vehicle again. If I could find a Silvia, I'd be ALL over that (but only if it were right hand drive).
    SIEG ZEON!

Pure SEED Hater and proud of it!

75k-100k? I assume you live out side of Japan lol, and if you're in the USA the EPA has a hard on for R34's, so dose the safty department and the DOT lol, they've been cracking down as of late. (Or so I've read in both Modified Mag, and Super street)

About the Sentra, I've heard a few good things, but I haven't heard enough about them/had any expereince to really recomend them or anything, though I have heard the QE25 (I think it was the QE) inline four in it is a good motor.
    HON HON HON
    "Pelinal called out Haromir of Copper and Tea into a duel at the Tor, and ate his neck-veins while screaming praise to Reman, a name that no one knew yet."-Song of Pelinal Volume 3

No, I live in the US (NC to be exact). I've just heard that it costs that much to get them imported in to the US. However, I also heard the company that imported them had their stock seized and they were convicted of fraud because they were charging customers $25k just to put a VIN number on them.
    SIEG ZEON!

Pure SEED Hater and proud of it!

Ive always wanted a 1969 Chevey Camero with a heavily modified Cummins Desiel engine (yeah thats right) and an automatic transmission (cant work that stick worth crap). it would have black "Stainless" leather interior and the exterior would be the paint job of the RX 78 NT 1 Alex (the main body being Blue, the sides and Racing stripes being white, and the Head and Taillights will be the red and yellow.) Ohh yeah!

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

My grandpa once had a '69 Camero. Unfortunately, it goat rear ended by an 18-wheeler (it wasn't a lethal crash, can't say the same for the car though). From the photos I've seen of it, it was beautiful. the photo was taken in '77, but the car looked pristine.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Nissan Skyline
    Nissan GTR
    Mitsubishi Eclipse (95-99)
    Mitsubishi Lancer
    Toyota Supra (95-97)
    Lamborghini Revonton
    Lamborghini Gallardo LP 250
    Old School Chevy Camaros/New Camaros. The 90's models were bleh.
    check me out on tumblr!!
    http://dogblu.tumblr.com/

You cannot stop Batman. Entire planets have tried. When Batman crosses railroad tracks, the warning lights are for the train's safety. The four fundamental interactions in physics are gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force and Batman getting what he wants.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post

So I was watching Top Gear last night (the US version)

Already doing it wrong. The US Top Gear is a train wreck. Jeremy, Richard and James have done Top Gear for ages, and have all been automotive journalists and car enthusiasts for even longer. They aren't a bunch of gearheads who are obsessed with Ken Block.

If anything, screw all else, Pagani is in the works of their newest Supercar the Huayra. Which is supposed to outrun the Zonda by about 50 HP, which is a lot considering a 600 horse Mercedes V12.
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro

Administrator
    My car's red and has 4 wheels. This is the extent of my car knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFrameAstray View Post
    Already doing it wrong. The US Top Gear is a train wreck. Jeremy, Richard and James have done Top Gear for ages, and have all been automotive journalists and car enthusiasts for even longer. They aren't a bunch of gearheads who are obsessed with Ken Block.
    Agreed, I was bored and watching it, mainly I was just wanting to see how well the CTS-V did (after seeing that bit I went back to playing on my PS3), which nothing will change my mind about it is a damn impressive car. And yeah Ken Block is over rated, and a hack. (there's been better drivers out there loads of 'em)

About the Huayra, Yeah I know about it, and yeah no doubt it's an impressive, beautiful machine. Still impressed by the CTS-V (not to compare it to the Pagani lol) it's cheaper and faster than anything in it's class, and is a nice car. (And no one's changing my mind, well unless it's backed by facts, but it is the fastest production Wagon at the moment)

@Kenyon That's unique lol, I was on GTAfourms awhile ago (I think this topic was posted last year sometime) and someone posted a build they found of a Cummins powered 70 Chevelle, I dare say it was damn cool
    HON HON HON

Super Moderator
    Damn you. I wish I had GT5. My friend has a PS3 that I get on regularly, I don't know why I haven't gotten that game yet.

Zeta-G
    *notices thread is called "the car topic" not "the automobile topic"* Personally, I prefer Roman chariots over Nissans, Mitsubishis, Camaros, etc.

Also, mmm Gran Turismo...

Super Moderator
    Nawww it's a car thread. Not really room for SUV's/Trucks/bikes so on. Not as fun. Only intense trucks I can think of are the SRT10 Ram (Chrysler's v10 Viper engine in a truck) and the Dodge Power Wagon. Even with those two, it's not as fun as talking about cars.

What kind of compression ratio do you get on that chariot? haha.

Zeta-G
    I dunno. Seriously look up the definition for car. It basically meant nothing more than a cart, up until the invention of the automobile, which is when it acquired the definition that most of us mean when we use the word today (although car is still used the old way on occasion; I remember a few of the [British] translations that my university used for classes studying the Romans and Greeks, used car in just such a way). I just thought the older, alternative definition of car would be a fun little fact to share. You can resume discussing your gas guzzling, pollution making devices now.