Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: The Car Topic

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    I love the DeLorean. It was in Back to the Future, it's made of stainless steel, and it is such a head turner. The DeLrorean was even featured on an episode of Monster Garage. They turned a Delorean into a hovercraft. I didn't see the end of and after all these years, I'm still kicking myself for not seeing the whole episode.
    It's probably on youtube, just type in Monster Garage Delorean. I'd bet anything that something will pop up.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Yeah I've been watching the Barret Jackson auction religiously this week lol.

About my favorite classics, it depends on what mood Iím in and what era youíre talking about if itís Muscle itíd be the 1969 Camaro ZL-1, with a long list of other cars right behind it. I too have a weak spot for the Delorean, mainly because BTTF was my most watched movie while I was younger. Though one of my all time favorite classics is the SL300 Gullwing, just amazing.

But honestly I'm Bi-Polar when it comes to cars, I'll be hell bent on one, one moment and then another about 10 minutes later.

Anyhow back to the auction did anyone see that Tucker that was on earlier, well over the 2 million mark, then again it could have gone for more easily, it's not every day you see one.

About the Superbird, namely the one at auction, the only thing holding it back was the fact it was an automatic, and a 440 4-Barrel and not a 440-6 Pack or a hemi. Though personally love the Superbird/Daytonaís my self.

I saw that! That was an amazing car! It was so beautiful! I also saw the '54 Mercedes-Benz 300SL, the Tucker Torpedo, the '33 Pierce-Arrow that went for $2 million not $2.5 million as I had stated earlier, and the '71 Ferrari Daytona with an aftermarket convertible top.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Super Moderator
    The Superbird/Daytonas don't do much for me. I appreciate their importance in racing history, but I think they're kinda ugly; give me a RoadRunner or a Charger any day.

I hear ya on the autophile bi-polar problem. Heck, we can't even buy a car and keep it for any sort of time before we want to get a different one. Our Pilot just passed 1 year with us, and that is a record length of time here.
    ON TWITTER @TimberNewtype

"Through destruction, new destruction begins"

Quote Originally Posted by squeam View Post
    The Superbird/Daytonas don't do much for me. I appreciate their importance in racing history, but I think they're kinda ugly; give me a RoadRunner or a Charger any day.

I hear ya on the autophile bi-polar problem. Heck, we can't even buy a car and keep it for any sort of time before we want to get a different one. Our Pilot just passed 1 year with us, and that is a record length of time here.
    I just cant stand the people that have these cars and have literally only 5 miles on them. You obviously can pay upwards of $100,000 on it, that car better have a million miles on it when its life ends. If not, you have wasted a car and do not deserve to even touch another. Being a Mopar guy, I was more than thrilled when the Explorer died and mom brought home a Magnum. Best wagon EVER. I hope to one day have a propane fueled 70 Charger with a 528 Hemi. If not, I will gladly convert whatever other Mopar I can find. I dont get all whiny over transmission so a 6 speed auto will do. I dont see the need for hate of autos. Dont like it, dont get it, it is that simple.
    A tout le monde, a tout mes amis
    Je vous aime, je dois partir
    These are the last words I'll ever speak
    And they'll set me free

What aint no country I ever heard of!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DinaMight1945 View Post
    I just cant stand the people that have these cars and have literally only 5 miles on them. You obviously can pay upwards of $100,000 on it, that car better have a million miles on it when its life ends. If not, you have wasted a car and do not deserve to even touch another.
    Huzzah! I agree 100%. I mean, people would kill to have a certain car, but you buy it and never, ever drive it!? Engineers spend countless hours perfecting certain aspects of exotic cars, then fill them with tech and high-end materials...just so it can rot in some unappreciative chump's garage. Makes me sick.

Yeah I to hate trailer queens with a passion.

I also have to agree, the Daytona/Superbird don't do much for me, honestly I prefer the more subitle lines of the Charger 500's aero package.

Though if I where to chose one mopar to rule them all in my book i'd ether be the '69 Super Bee, or the '70 Cuda AAR. Or a '69 Road Runner. (looks pretty much the same as the cornet/super bee)

Wow, lot of Mopar fans here. Personally, I prefer Chevy with the Camero, the Chevelle, and the favorite... the Corvette Stingray ('63 with split windows).
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

I like all cars, except boring European cars like Peugots and Citroens and such.

I'd drive a Honda or a Dodge, doesn't bother me.

Super Moderator
    What? Peugot and Citroen, boring?! I don't even know how to react...These 2 French automakers have produced some of the most innovative and off-the-wall cars ever made. 2CV, Quasar, Xsara, 202, 205, 206,the H Van, DS, etc. may not have all be beautiful, but were anything but boring. Citroen was the first to make the unibody chassic, front-wheel drive, and numerous other milestones. Touches like single-spoke steering wheels, hydraulic self-leveling suspensions, weird speedometers, and tons more made these companies stand out as individuals in an overcrowded and overdiluted market.

Sorry for the tangent, but I personally love these cars.

Not to mention the Peugots that beat the Audis in the 24 at LeMans (not last year but two years before).
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Super Moderator
    O, the 908, my favorite LMP1 since the Panoz Esperante...well, the Bentley Speed 8 was pretty fine looking, too. Although my favorite LeMans team has to be Team Oreca when they fielded the Vipers.

I just see a bunch of bland French...things.

I like the old DS and the 2CV is charming, but I just find French cars so BORING. Especially compared to Fiats and Alfas.

Mmm, I love Fiats and Alfas.

Super Moderator
    Well...you're entitled to your opinion and I definitely agree with the Fiat and Alfa love!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Wow, lot of Mopar fans here. Personally, I prefer Chevy with the Camero, the Chevelle, and the favorite... the Corvette Stingray ('63 with split windows).
    Yeah I was mainly just talking about mopar becasue it was what was on everyones mind lol.

Personaly if it comes down to american cars I'm all for GM. (Though there are quite a few ford and mopar products I like)

About Peugots being boring, someone has never heard of the Turbo 205.

But like squeam, i have to respect the Alfa and Fiat love, espicialy Abarth tuned Fiats...salivates.