Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: The Car Topic

Quote Originally Posted by squeam View Post
    "Always more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow."
    Except in the rain.

Driving at 65 in pounding rain with bad wipers is an adventure I don't want to relive any time soon.

Super Moderator
    Awwwww man I love rain driving. It's been storming pretty bad here in VA, but I love it. I was actually just teaching my little brother how to drive in the rain. Awwww man, got a new charger setup for the car. 3 more 9V plugins and a USB plugin. Charging my Ipod while I drive? Awwwwwwww yeah. Also, head phones jack, so I can do both at once.

God Tier.
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro

I don't even have a cassette player...

I've never been fond of Car audio for the most part I shared my late father's sentiment, take it out make the car lighter. Well not that extreme as it's allways nice to have tunes once and awhile.

speaking of radios, is anyone here a fan of CB or HAM Radios?

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

My radio works, but the antenna is crap.

Probably one of the first things I'd replace.

Super Moderator
    Just watched the F1 Grand Prix Monza race from yesterday. Good god Sebastian Vettel is a monster. I hope he wins in Singapore in two weeks. I'm rooting for him and Mark Webber, but I still enjoy Michael a lot. Any one else watch racing? Don't bother with any of that NASCAR bollocks.
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro

Super Moderator
    Hear! Hear!I don't know why you even had to specify "not NASCAR", cuz you already excluded that sanctioning body when you said "racing".

Vettel is one of my favorite Sebastians, the others being: Loeb, Bourdais, and Ogier (seems like I'm missing one...). Loeb is my favorite.

Got up close to some open wheel monsters back when Champ Car exsisted, before it was absorbed into the bloated/mis-managed IndyCar series. We scored some free tickets to the Cleveland Grand Prix in '07 and watched all types of racing for 3 straight days (even got to ride in Team Retaks AE86 twice!). I'm into watching anyone race anything, so long as it either turns left AND right, or not at all (those "Pinks" marathons suck me in). I wish I could watch some F1 on TV....oh well, there's always the internet and AutoWeek.
    ON TWITTER @TimberNewtype

"Through destruction, new destruction begins"

I was able to catch bits of the Monza Race not to much of it though, I had to go to town. But yeah like squeam I'll whatch any type of racing. (Except NASCAR but that isn't Racing lol.)

Hey, does anybody like classics? The Barret-Jackson Auto Auction in Scottsdale, AZ is on Speed TV. They auctioned off a '33 Pierce-Arrow (only five of this model were made) that sold $2.5 MILLION! What are your favorite classics. I prefer the '65 Corvette Stingray.
    Last edited by Zeta; January 21, 2012 at 9:32 PM.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Speaking of races, there's a huge downhill race this summer somewhere in New England for longboarding. I might be going with XVD Longboards and Crew, though not participating. My board's far from competition ready. It's a huge race though, spanning almost a 2 and a half mile drop down the side of the mountain. I know my friend Jared (sponsored by XVD) in participating in the Intermediate Level race. Should be one hell of an event.
    check me out on tumblr!!
    http://dogblu.tumblr.com/

You cannot stop Batman. Entire planets have tried. When Batman crosses railroad tracks, the warning lights are for the train's safety. The four fundamental interactions in physics are gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force and Batman getting what he wants.

Super Moderator
    Classics, eh? From the Muscle Car era, I'm a MOPAR guy: Demons, Darts, RoadRunners, 'Cudas, et al. But my fave Dodge is the 1976 Aspen with the 220, or "the Leaning Tower of Power", for personal reasons. Further back it's Talbot-Lago, Bugatti, Marmon Wasps, Citroen's quirkiness in everything, and Auto Union stuff. "Recent" classics are pretty much any crazy rally car: Lancia Stratos, Audi Quattro, Renault 5, Ford RS200, etc. I also have a soft spot for Delorian, Lotus Espirits, and Alfas of any sort - even "Il Monstro". Add the typical Lambo and Ferrari entries to that list.

Those auction shows will eat up entire weekends of my life if I'm not careful.
    ON TWITTER @TimberNewtype

"Through destruction, new destruction begins"

How do you feel about the '70 Plymouth Superbird? I saw one earlier at the auction (on TV) that went for $200,000.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

I love me some crazy wedge shaped 70s sports cars.

Quote Originally Posted by squeam View Post
    I also have a soft spot for Delorian

Those auction shows will eat up entire weekends of my life if I'm not careful.
    I love the DeLorean. It was in Back to the Future, it's made of stainless steel, and it is such a head turner. The DeLrorean was even featured on an episode of Monster Garage. They turned a Delorean into a hovercraft. I didn't see the end of and after all these years, I'm still kicking myself for not seeing the whole episode.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church