Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: The Car Topic

Lol, yeah I've heard alot of good things about Padle shifting, allot of road racing leagues use them now, less time to shift since you don't have to move a hand from the wheel onto the shifter.

OFF TOPIC:I'm a senior member now happyist day of my life. (LOL :P)

Mine would be the 1968 general motors mucle car GTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    OFF TOPIC:I'm a senior member now happyist day of my life. (LOL :P)
    Great work man and congrats.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Super Moderator
    On the topic of paddle shifters, Ferarri's 599 GTO's Kickdown paddle shifter has a clever little process. If you hold the paddle in while braking, the computer will shift down automatically at the perfect RPM for the lower gear, but keeps it level in case you need to pick up again. I love that.
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro

That's insane, perfect down shift everytime. Ferrari will never cease to amaze me unlike other manufactures. Anyhow I know what I want now lol. *Stares at Toyota, Honda, and quite a few other manufactures that have disspointed me in recent years.*

Super Moderator
    Honda isn't so bad as far as Japanese Domestic goes. You're guaranteed an oil leak, but their engines put near never die. Girlfriend has a 98 Prelude, still runs oh so beautifully. Although, If I ever owned a Honda, it would have to be an S2000. The NSX is cool and all, but it's a little overkill. Nice for touring or circuit racing, but otherwise unnecessary.

Toyota is just crap though. Only good car they ever made was the Supra, and that's long been discontinued.

Super Moderator
    I'm sure you just forgot the AE86 and the Soarer/Lexus SC as great cars that were Toyotas.

We had an 89 Accord and that wouldn't die and was still fun to drive. Sure it had the "Honda Cancer" at the from of the rear wheel wells, but it wouldn't have been a period-correct Honda without it We have an 04 Pilot now and, while not a corner carver or bahn-burner, it is an amazingly well-thought out and smartly engineered vehicle. The seats are the 2nd most comfortable I've had in an automobile (1st = XC90), it has a ton of room inside, and returns great MPG for such a big car.
    ON TWITTER @TimberNewtype

"Through destruction, new destruction begins"

I should have phrased that better, as of late Honda and Toyota have been disappointing, by that I mean the last 10 years. Honda dropping the NSX, the Integra, and the S2000, just recently, though S2000 was meant to only run for about a year anyway so I guess that's understandable. No doubt that there reliable, my mom had a 85 Accord that is still running to this day as far as I last known, original motor and everything. Got stolen twice too, and one of those times the hoodlums left a original Game boy in it LOL that thing was wicked (the gameboy that is lol).

Toyota made quite a few cars I like but most of em are dead or badged as a Lexus, The AE86 (Hell I even like the FWD AE111) the Supra, the old RWD Celica’s (and the 4WD ones of the late 80's though the 90s) the Starlet, the Alletza, Soarer and the Chaser (and the Soarer and Chaser shared allot of supra parts too) to name a few, but they became the crappy Hybrid manufacture. Though if this FT-86 thing goes though they might get some more love from me.

Really all Japanese manufactures are losing there splendor of the 70s, 80s and 90s, then again most manufactures are minus a few European companies, and the US is trying to get back the cred they once had.

I drive a 1987 Chevrolet Nova.

Not exactly proud of that...

It's just a Toyota Sprinter with a Chevy bowtie.

But some day I'm gonna get a Pontiac Firebird or a Jeep or something!

go with the fire bird, my mom had one with a white body and a black screaming chicken and red interior. man i wish she still had it. its the baddest ride youll get beside the Camero or Mustang or the GTO for that matter lol

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsVince725 View Post
    I drive a 1987 Chevrolet Nova.

Not exactly proud of that...

It's just a Toyota Sprinter with a Chevy bowtie.

But some day I'm gonna get a Pontiac Firebird or a Jeep or something!
    You ponce be proud of that bad bowtie. The Nova is a wonderful car, and you can crank a crap ton of horses out of it with minimal work. That's why it ends up being a crowd favorite at the quarter.

Super Moderator
    Not an 87 Nova...

SFA I think you're thinking of the good Nova's of the 60's and 70's he's talking about the Rebadged toyota of the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    SFA I think you're thinking of the good Nova's of the 60's and 70's he's talking about the Rebadged toyota of the 80's.
    Indeed.

Surprisingly enough, it has excellent handling. With some wider tires and more power it could be a hell of a flickable little race car.

Super Moderator
    "Always more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow."