Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: The Car Topic

LOL Zeta-G Chariots are boss.

@SFA Yeah GT5 is fun for awhile, but it lost it's appeal to me because of my lack of PSN :/ Also the SRT-10 was amazing, there's a guy that used to live around here with one, it was awesome, white with blue racing stripes, the exact colors I would want a viper in, oh besides purple, I love my purple ACR in Gt5.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    I dunno. Seriously look up the definition for car. It basically meant nothing more than a cart, up until the invention of the automobile, which is when it acquired the definition that most of us mean when we use the word today (although car is still used the old way on occasion; I remember a few of the [British] translations that my university used for classes studying the Romans and Greeks, used car in just such a way). I just thought the older, alternative definition of car would be a fun little fact to share. You can resume discussing your gas guzzling, pollution making devices now.
    Ahh! you mean the Roman Precursor to the victorian era Stagecoach and its predessesors. I cant believe someone else aslo has a taste for history.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Zeta-G
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenyon View Post
    Ahh! you mean the Roman Precursor to the victorian era Stagecoach and its predessesors. I cant believe someone else aslo has a taste for history.
    A taste for history? My undergraduate degree is in Ancient Civilizations, good sir. I'd take a Roman chariot over a sports car any day. I'd also be wearing a toga picta (purple toga embroidered with gold and worn by triumphing generals, imperial consuls, and the emperor on special occasions), while being carted around in my chariot. Chariots > automobiles any day.

Truthfully id take the Celtic garb of the Britons any day particulary the areas of Ireland, Scotland, or Wales. also id watch a Chariot race over a Stock Car Race any day as well. lol

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Zeta-G
    . . . also id watch a Chariot race over a Stock Car Race any day as well. lol
    Naturally, crashed stock cars tend to blow up, so the audience doesn't usually get to see the resulting human carnage; on the other hand, if a chariot driver falls out of his chariot during a race and gets trampled (or worse), the audience gets to see it. Not that I'm in favor of the racing participants dying or anything...

yes but the action is more exciting.

Sword Freak

Super Moderator
    Oh man! I'm out of the country for a few days and someone starts a thread devoted to my second biggest passion: CARS! I'm obsessed with 'em and have a laundry list of dream cars I'd like. But, really I appreciate design and engineering aspects from all types of "automobiles": you name a make and I'll tell you the vehicle of theirs I'd like most (if I could narrow it to one).

Right now I love: Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Lamborghini Aventador, WRX-STi, McLaren MP4-12C, Ford F-150 Raptor, Kia Sportage SX, the new Toyota/Scion/Subaru sport coupe, Lotus Evora and the Ford Transit Connect.

@Kenyon: I understood at first why you want an auto with the Cummins (torque, etc.), but shame for not wanting to learn manual.
    ON TWITTER @TimberNewtype

"Through destruction, new destruction begins"

I do want to learn Manual!!! but personally, i prefer an auto over a manual if i just want it for Cruising (especially with that paintjob devoted to one of two of my favorite Gundams), now say for Street Racing or if for working, (id definiatley have it on a truck for the later) then yes id take manual.

Sword Freak

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    A taste for history? My undergraduate degree is in Ancient Civilizations, good sir. I'd take a Roman chariot over a sports car any day. I'd also be wearing a toga picta (purple toga embroidered with gold and worn by triumphing generals, imperial consuls, and the emperor on special occasions), while being carted around in my chariot. Chariots > automobiles any day.
    This is true considering purple was a very expensive dye to make. A lot of people don't give purple the respect of royalty that it represents.

I.E. My Zudah and anything Angelo Sauper pilots.

I do want to learn Manual!!! but personally, i prefer an auto over a manual if i just want it for Cruising (especially with that paintjob devoted to one of two of my favorite Gundams), now say for Street Racing or if for working, (id definiatley have it on a truck for the later) then yes id take manual.
    The only reason, ONLY REASON, I prefer to have a automatic, is so that I can reprogram the ECM/PCM to work with aftermarket paddle shifters. Paddle shifters or "flappy-paddle gearboxes" are superior to fully manual.
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro

Super Moderator
    Paddle shifters are nice, but only superior in a very few, specific instances. A lot of times, they are simply mated to an automatic transmission. The few good ones that spring to mind are Porsche's PDK, VW's DCT/DSG (which is kind of different than everyone else), Lambo's e-gear, and the Ferrari/Maserati systems.

Super Moderator
    Mitsubishi's (moreso Mopar's I suppose) Paddle shifting is phenomenal. A ton of guys I work with don't like so much computer involvement and electronics, but man, the Evo's gearbox is simply outrageous.

One thing I do want to see more of however, Is direct injection.
    I am one of the only people I know that is certified to work on direct injected engines, but that needs to expand. The technology is so crazy good, and the fuel economy is even better. Not to mention, no turbo lag.
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro

Super Moderator
    Hear, hear! We had an 06 Passat with the 2.0T (direct injection). What a blast to drive! Instant power, plus 35+ mpg! Direct injection is the future and you have done well, imo, to become acquainted with it.

As far as Mopar's manumatic, I had a 97 Stratus with the good ol' Autostick and it was fun. The nice thing about the older ones like that was they would actually stay in gear when you told them to; instead of a lot of newer ones that are overridden by "safety" measures and electronic nannies.

Now THIS is completely new to me guys, what he heck are Paddle Shifters? does that mean you switch gears with paddles rather than a stick?

Sword Freak

Yeah there are two paddles behind the steering wheel, one shifts up, the other down, ala F1 stuff.
    Last edited by Zeon's RedComet; September 2, 2011 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Made a opps

Thanks for clearing that up for me, i may add that to my dream car. lol

Sword Freak