Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 153 of 158 FirstFirst ... 53103143148149150151152153154155156157 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2367

Re: Paint/Topcoat Thread. This is where to ask questions. NOT new threads.

Hey guys, I'd like to paint my kits but I'm not sure what paints I need to mix in order to achieve a certain color. Like say I wanted to paint my kit salmon red( y'know, Char's colors), what paints would I need to mix in order to get that color? Is there a color theory I need to know?

Quote Originally Posted by AluminumRabbit View Post
    Hey guys, I'd like to paint my kits but I'm not sure what paints I need to mix in order to achieve a certain color. Like say I wanted to paint my kit salmon red( y'know, Char's colors), what paints would I need to mix in order to get that color? Is there a color theory I need to know?
    If your trying to paint a kit Char's color you can look up the paint ratio to get the same color pink.

Quote Originally Posted by AluminumRabbit View Post
    This is a really good resource: http://www.mech9.com/p/translated-mo...or-guides.html

I meant what colors do I mix to get a certain color using Tamiya acrylics. I meant to ask that because that's the only brand I have access to(I don't use Testors because they have less paint per bottle). I should've clarified that earlier.
    Last edited by AluminumRabbit; December 21, 2017 at 7:18 PM.

This is going to sound absolutely bizarre, but does glass paint have any application in Gunpla? Can it even be airbrushed?
    Gundam neophyte, modelling adept, and fan of all things robot.

Most glass paints can be airbrushed once suitably thinned. Not sure of the application in Gunpla, but hey why not.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Squigsquasher View Post
    This is going to sound absolutely bizarre, but does glass paint have any application in Gunpla? Can it even be airbrushed?
    Its not bizarre at all. I uses glass paints on my gundams. The brand i use is call Marabu glasArt. Cant answer 2nd part of the question tho, I hand paint my gundams.

Hi folks! In a couple of months I plan on doing my first custom paint job on a pair of Zeta Gundams I built, and one thing I'd like is to replace the regular white of the Zeta with something along the lines of a matte chrome finish. Unfortunately, I don't have access to any sort of airbrush, and my hand painting skills are both poor, and that would be a lot of suit to paint by hand. Are there good spray paint options for something along the lines of what I'm looking for?

Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by HeyItsDale View Post
    Hi folks! In a couple of months I plan on doing my first custom paint job on a pair of Zeta Gundams I built, and one thing I'd like is to replace the regular white of the Zeta with something along the lines of a matte chrome finish. Unfortunately, I don't have access to any sort of airbrush, and my hand painting skills are both poor, and that would be a lot of suit to paint by hand. Are there good spray paint options for something along the lines of what I'm looking for?

Thanks so much!
    This stuff works surprisingly well, though you have to be careful you don't lay it on too thick

Quote Originally Posted by HeyItsDale View Post

Thanks so much!
    To answer your question. No.

You can't get a decent chrome affect with spray paint. If you try spray paint I highly recommend that you test it first.

Can anyone recommend a good rattlecan of glow-in-the-dark paint? Preferably with a white/gray finish that glows green?

Also, how could I topcoat something like this?
    Last edited by Plamobot; January 22, 2018 at 4:05 PM.
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build thread Plamobot's trade thread

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

This is more of a stripping question. Any better ideas on how to get chrome/Gold plating off of parts? I really don't like the way the chrome fulls in all of the little details, so I want to paint it and save the details that the crappy thick chrome coating is covering.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    This is more of a stripping question. Any better ideas on how to get chrome/Gold plating off of parts? I really don't like the way the chrome fulls in all of the little details, so I want to paint it and save the details that the crappy thick chrome coating is covering.
    Use Purple Power : it takes it off in about 24 hours. It strips it clean down to the bare plastic

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

I was gonna use that. I was just wondering if there was a faster way. I'm not lazy or anything. LOL

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

Super Moderator

Purple power or simply green really is the safest way/fastest. You can use DOT3 brake fluid, but that stuff can also make the plastic brittle sometimes.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.