Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast

Re: How do you paint?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamari13
    more then welcome man and how was the build on that kit ?? I'm going to try and finish up my HGUC Unicorn set
    I'm trying to collect the entire HGUC Unicorn Series. It's a daunting task but it'll be awesome once I'm done!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFrameAstray
    Oh my G.O.D. it was amazing. The whole thing is very solid, and the articulation is pretty for how bulky it is. I just try not to handle it too roughly. Just when you have the smartgun in hand, he has a bit limited choice of poses.

I am quite a fan of the monoeye lever at the bottom of the head.
    The unicorn kits have yet to disappoint. I'm excited to see the new ones coming out soon.
    And you gotta love those monoeye levers.
    check me out on tumblr!!
    http://dogblu.tumblr.com/

You cannot stop Batman. Entire planets have tried. When Batman crosses railroad tracks, the warning lights are for the train's safety. The four fundamental interactions in physics are gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force and Batman getting what he wants.

Super Moderator

Re: How do you paint?

About to go on a big painting group thing. ZP's painting his zaku I his custom colors, I'm doing my Zudah in my custom color, and RCS is painting her bearguy to be pandaguy.

I believe the only thing that is getting spray painted may be the pandaguy's white.

Everything else will be hand painted wonderesnous
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro

I thinking about going to my local hobby shop soon and I was wondering what brand of acrylic paints do you recommend (I'm thinking about getting MG Wing and painting the jewel and sensor clear green. And maybe top coat it as well). So, any suggestions?
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Definitely Citadel paints. I use them all to frequently.
    check me out on tumblr!!

You cannot stop Batman. Entire planets have tried. When Batman crosses railroad tracks, the warning lights are for the train's safety. The four fundamental interactions in physics are gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force and Batman getting what he wants.

Ok, thanks. what about the Tamiya paints?
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

I've never used tamiya. Too expensive to get for me.
    check me out on tumblr!!

@ GNZ:not exactly if your looking in the right places thats where the patience comes in. my style of painting? well i do it one of two ways: one, i spray paint the darn thing with the color of my choice one part at a time, sanding first of course. or two and this comes to small delicate works for this, i do what the great demigod asterisk does paint by hand very very slowly. oh and heres a tip if you want to either paint a clear part or paint over an already painted clear part(in my case i painted the plasma blade of the anti ship sword that came with MG Force Impulse from clear pink to clear blue. it was for my MG Hi-Nu. you might say it was my first "Custom" build), use asterisks method and paint by hand but heres the difference(unless A uses this tecnique as well in which case my hats off to Asterisk) when ever i want to see if it was a sucess, i place a flashlight under the work to see if it worked both sides of course and then place the light over it to inspect it further. Bigger tip: when using this method, use LED flashlight. itll take some work but the results are worth it.

Well, I want to get into painting, and I picked up a HGUC G.30th RX-78-2 to experiment with. I'm leaning towards using the Tamiya spray paints in order to do the job, and I was wondering three different things:

1. Is there an actual primer spray that I have to use, or do I have to use primer at all? Also, what qualifies as a top coat spray? Would it have to explicitly say "Top coat" on it, or would it be some sort of just clear spray?

2. AS, TS, or PS Tamiya sprays? It says on the Tamiya site to not to use PS sprays on plastic, for whatever reason, so I doubt I can use that. I'm assuming TS sprays are the way to go.

3. Does anybody know any places in Northern Michigan that do sell hobby paints like this? I know there's one in Traverse City I'm going to check out tomorrow.
    Just a Northern Michigan Gunpla modeler

I tend to use Rustoleum and Humbrol spray paint on my models, and usually brush paint detail with acrylic paints (Tamiya and Citadel).

I got an airbrush earlier this year and really need start moving to that as my primary way of painting kits.

Super Moderator
    Cut parts, test fit to see where seams are. Fix parts so that seams will no longer be there. Prime. Airbrush. Mask Paint. Clearcoat. Decal. Clearcoat. Wash/weather. Clearcoat.

I am currently living in a room with a moose.
    Check out the hobbytownusa store locator they sell gundam models and paints!

Hey, does anybody know to paint clear parts with acrylic paint? I'm about to paint with the clear jewel and sensor on my MG Wing Gundam and would like some tips and hints on how to paint. Stuff like how many coats, how to get an even coat, and how long to dry. Also, I'll be working in my garage and it is 66 degrees outside.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

I paint clear parts using an airbrush and Tamiya clear acrylic paints. You can coat to your liking. The more you coat, the more different the effect of 'clearness' you get. As far as how to get an even coat, it's just like airbrushing anything else. Tamiya paints take about an hour to dry and 24 hours to cure.

O.K., thanks. Is using a brush an option if an airbrush is not present?
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Super Moderator
    Just ordered a set of paints from Vallejo! I hope to get "serious" about painting once they get here, so prepare for questions!
    ON TWITTER @TimberNewtype

"Through destruction, new destruction begins"