Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 152 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast

Re: How do you paint?

Yeah, you're going to need some new 1/100 Astrays, your red frame is pretty fubar'd man.
    check me out on tumblr!!
    http://dogblu.tumblr.com/

You cannot stop Batman. Entire planets have tried. When Batman crosses railroad tracks, the warning lights are for the train's safety. The four fundamental interactions in physics are gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force and Batman getting what he wants.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by GNzaku0023
    Yeah, you're going to need some new 1/100 Astrays, your red frame is pretty fubar'd man.
    Uggu. He's all falling apart. I just straight up need a new one. I give up with him. I might not even fix him up anymore. It's like a Geo. You have it while it runs, then you can't keep up with maintaining it so you get something new.
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro

Yeah, but you can always use it as a parts kit. I mean, custom Astray, Goro style lol.
    check me out on tumblr!!
    http://dogblu.tumblr.com/

You cannot stop Batman. Entire planets have tried. When Batman crosses railroad tracks, the warning lights are for the train's safety. The four fundamental interactions in physics are gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force and Batman getting what he wants.

Super Moderator

I still just like it as it is. He keeps Buster company. I have quite a plan on how i'm gonna paint the 1/100. I'm going to try and make it as flawless as given possible.

Zeta-G

Just out of curiosity GNZ and SFA what does the last page or so have to do with painting techniques?
    I'm just trying to steer the discussion back on course.

Super Moderator

I painted my 1/144 Astray Silver, making it the actual SFA. There were some problems that came about from how I painted him, and GNZ doesn't like it. I do however, and it doesn't bother me about how thick the paint is on him. I painted small bits of my Buster too. All of the gold on him was originally black. So both of my kits are painted and I was discussing how they were painted, therefore relevant.

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFrameAstray
    I painted my 1/144 Astray Silver, making it the actual SFA. There were some problems that came about from how I painted him, and GNZ doesn't like it. I do however, and it doesn't bother me about how thick the paint is on him. I painted small bits of my Buster too. All of the gold on him was originally black. So both of my kits are painted and I was discussing how they were painted, therefore relevant.
    Carry on in that case.
    Note: Pictures to demonstrate what you two were discussing (regarding the paint) would have helped.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFrameAstray
    Carry on in that case.
    Note: Pictures to demonstrate what you two were discussing (regarding the paint) would have helped.
    I will tomorrow. It's a bit past midnight on the east coast, so i'm going to go ahead an pass out. I'll try and get into the finer details of why the paint being thick is a problem, and how I screwed it up. Again, it doesn't bother me, it isn't like anything is loose or falling apart.

Super Moderator

My paint style is a kind of "use whatever it takes". Water-based acrylics are nice for those hard to reach panel lines and can easily be cleaned up. The brush-tip style Gundam Markers (Sumiire Gray, etc.) are sooo easy to use for general panel lines. Nothing beats the amazing Metallic Green Gundam Marker for eyes. I actually use some Sharpies here and there (sorry GSAM) for coloring clear plastic and even nub mark covering (probably my most original solution here). I just got some Real Touch Markers and oh are they nice! They are very forgiving to work with and can add some great detail and color solutions to tight spots. Just getting into spray painting. I'm trying to get everything I possibly need, as far as spray paints, before I do an entire kit.
    ON TWITTER @TimberNewtype

"Through destruction, new destruction begins"

Super Moderator

Just painted my Geara Zulu Angelo Sauper Custom. This is a horrid picture from my cellphone, but I am way too giddy to not show it off.

The trim is silver, but the collar and sleeves are black trim on a silver base. Kind of like inverted colors for it. The shield has a zeon wing design on it and the shield has black trim all around it.

I painted the verniers, pipes, and canisters a lighter grey, and they actually match the kit on the box perfectly o3o!

I also did the chain rounds that feed into the smart gun a kind of brassy gold color. The mono-eye is an aftermarket piece but it shows up green.
    Attached Images

Awesome!
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

very nice SFA

on http://gundam-eclipse.com/index/ if anyone needs or wants to talk.

Super Moderator

Thank you, thank you *bows like some concert pianist*

I'll try and update the picture with something that is better than 2.0 Mega Pixels. It's mad fuzzy. That and I'll clean up that shield a bit too. It's not as straight as I thought it was. Well the black is straight as an arrow, just not the zeon wings in silver.

more then welcome man and how was the build on that kit ?? I'm going to try and finish up my HGUC Unicorn set

on http://gundam-eclipse.com/index/ if anyone needs or wants to talk.

Super Moderator

Oh my G.O.D. it was amazing. The whole thing is very solid, and the articulation is pretty for how bulky it is. I just try not to handle it too roughly. Just when you have the smartgun in hand, he has a bit limited choice of poses.

I am quite a fan of the monoeye lever at the bottom of the head.