Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast

Where to buy gundams?

Is there a place to buy gundams where shipping doesn't completely kill the deal? I'm looking to buy 1-2 MG gundams only since that alone would be around $100 not including the markers and paint I need to buy. HLJ prices are great but when you buy more than one then shipping jumps to EMS and it becomes like $40 to ship 2. 1 is already bad at $15 for shipping since it makes it the same price as buying it from amazon and from there I get 2 day shipping. I'm just wondering if everyone just deals with the shipping because man... if I really wanted to COLLECT these gundam's it'd cost me nearly about as much money as I put into the mods for my car.

Depends on where you reside in.

I've always ordered my kits from HLJ since I've been assembling 'em.
    Anime is for kids

Often shopping around will get you better prices. Unfortunately, since these kits are imports- and kids these days want lego, barbie and pop rocks to play with, it can be difficult to get them over to the United States [Gundam Models]. I typically expect to pay about the base yen cost of the kit + 25%. It hits me pretty hard too, especially with HGs. If something is on sale and I know I want it, I nab it fast. I have an excel spreadsheet that catalogs what kit I want, the model type, the price, how much I want it on a scale of 1-10, then a value that represents "value/desire". I then sort the final column, and then I have my kits I should be going for next. I constantly add stuff to this list, and you can filter by kit type if you feel like building a MG and want to know which MG is up next. I am so far happy with the system. Also, during the holiday season people will jack prices up and sometimes gouge on purpose, especially on amazon. It's best to wait until after the holidays, and then boom bata bing! till you drop.

www.amazon.com
    www.hlj.com
    www.robot4less.com (quite a few MGs under $55.00 USD)
    www.gginfinite.com
    Last edited by Jfl0; December 11, 2012 at 8:15 AM.

I have heard the MG Ball is a fun kit to put together. He appears small, but the kit is rather large, I believe. I've always wondered what would happen if ball fired his main cannon in space and didn't have stabilizers... he would get dizzy!

www.robot4less.com

I have built this kit and it was fun. Partial inner frame. Price seen is about what I paid for it in store.

At this price I would be a buyer, but I'd wait to see if it drops a few dollars.

Fantastic kit. I have built it. I have seen it far cheaper though; around $40-$45 USD.

I am currently living in a room with a moose.
    Gundamstoreandmore.com has unbeatable prices but their stock is just a tiny bit limited (quite a few things out of stock takes a while to get new models in) Great service and cheap shipping also

I live in the worst location for gunpla builders to reside in....

I ALWAYS order 3 things at once to make the shipping more paying out.
    Anime is for kids

Quote Originally Posted by RX-78-2 View Post
    Gundamstoreandmore.com has unbeatable prices but their stock is just a tiny bit limited (quite a few things out of stock takes a while to get new models in) Great service and cheap shipping also
    WOAH! I love you! in a platonic way of course.

Look at those prices on some of these HGs. Mmmm mmmm MMMMMMMM! b) They have my Zudah. DONE. *lol*. I haven't checked the MGs yet, but I have a new place to shop for HGs... From a fellow builder I'll take your word for it on their service. I wonder if they take paypal... they will then begin the drain of my bank account YEP... they take paypal. My bank account is on the chopping block (I spend frugally!)

Administrator
    GS&M does indeed have great customer service. I'm a Platinum member on their site and I order from them as much as I can. Their prices are truly unmatched IMO.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister

Quote Originally Posted by thwalker13 View Post
    GS&M does indeed have great customer service. I'm a Platinum member on their site and I order from them as much as I can. Their prices are truly unmatched IMO.
    With that said, and being that with those prices, my next 10 HGs are coming from that store, so long as the back log of kits are still there .

Guntank
    Acguy
    #65 Zudah
    Z'gok E
    HyGogg
    Astray Red Frame
    RGM-89De Jegan ECOAS Type
    Juaggu
    MS-06F-2 Zaku II F2 0083
    Gaza-C #62
    Kampher HGUC
    Qubeley Mk II
    AMS-129 Geara Zulu
    AMS-129M Zee Zulu

Last edited by Jfl0; December 12, 2012 at 1:37 AM.

The heavy arms is definitely one on my list. I also really want the 00 seven sword raiser. I live in Cali so GS&M and amazon seem like the only two places I can get models atm. Amazon for 1-2 models and GS&M for 3 or more. Since I want to start collecting MG's I probably won't ever buy up to 3 at a time. I have a bad taste in my mouth regarding HG's. Sister bought me two FG's for my bday years back and then I bought a HG throne zwei. Was so disappointed with the outcome of how it looked.

RG's look great but their price point is bleh. $35 for a HG sized MG, might as well fork over the extra 10-15 bucks. Easier to work with too. I'm having the hardest time panel lining the throne zwei after finding out about paneling lining a couple days ago.

GS&M does have great prices, but I honestly prefer to do my shopping on Gundam Planet. Typically the models are about $5-$7 more, but at least they're usually in stock. Many of the kits I want are and have been sold out on GS&M, so I really don't mind paying the extra money to actually get my kit with relatively quick shipping. Besides that I like GP for the layout, easier searching, and reviews from other members.

Gundams are great toys.

Re: Where to buy gundams?

eBay is a great place to start

Barnes and Nobles sells a few kits at least in my area......

Quote Originally Posted by AssaultPlazma View Post
    Barnes and Nobles sells a few kits at least in my area......
    Yep, but their selection is pretty... small. Though I did find a RG Exia in one of the B&N's in my area, so that was surprising.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church