Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Re: Where to buy gundams?

Quote Originally Posted by thwalker13 View Post
    GS&M does indeed have great customer service. I'm a Platinum member on their site and I order from them as much as I can. Their prices are truly unmatched IMO.
    I look at GS&M but they are always "Sold out" of everything I want. I don't think they restock very often. If they do you really need to be Johnny on the spot to get anything.

List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

Just a heads up . My store got a huge shipment of gunpla. And i have established more connections with other middlemen in china , hong kong , socal , japan and phillippines. So any gunpla needs hit me up.

Again, not sure if this is the right topic since this is more about a tool rather than a kit.

So I tried to order some Mr.Mark Softer from Gundam Planet, and it looks like it's out of stock now. I have a bottle attached to my Tallgeese pre-order so I have no idea if that reserved me a bottle or not (waiting to hear back from customer service), but if it doesn't then it looks like I'm kinda screwed for the time being. I searched around and it looks like it's out of stock at most places, generally hard to come by. I'm not sure how often this happens or how quickly most hobby sites renew their stock of the stuff, but assuming I can't find some are there any good alternatives? I need the softer mostly for my EW kits, which have decals that go over some very tricky curved and rounded surfaces, so I need it to help conform them to that.

Is there anything that works just as well for gunpla? And if so, where can I find it?'

edit: alternatively, is there any trustworthy hobby sites that still carry Mr.Mark Softer that has any in stock. Every search I pull up is a dead end, but maybe I'm missing something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGzoFXdiamo
    Watch live Mondays at 12am (EST) on Hitbox | Watch archived on Destroy All Children
    This week: I bought a bunch of games on Steam, and I should probably play them. (Tron 2.0, Cook Serve Delicious, Enslaved, and a special MYSTERY GAME???)

@Atomic eBay is your friend. There's a merchant from Florida that has it in stock. Make haste before it's gone. Only 6 mark softer left.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicOldMan View Post
    but assuming I can't find some are there any good alternatives?
    Microsol makes setters and softers that work quite well.
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build thread Plamobot's trade thread

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicOldMan View Post
    edit: alternatively, is there any trustworthy hobby sites that still carry Mr.Mark Softer that has any in stock. Every search I pull up is a dead end, but maybe I'm missing something.
    You can try Spruebrothers.com. They sell Mr. Mark Softer and they're a reliable site. I buy paint supplies from them every now and then. MicroSol and MicroSet are both good alternatives, as Plamobot suggested. Solvaset is another one you can try that works well too.
    "Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."

Micromark, hobbylinc and a few others sell microset/sol.

Gundams are just plastic models, there are no gundam only tools or paints.

Hobbywave should have a bunch. But its not worth it just getting one bottle. ( 12 flat rate shipping )

I appreciate the suggestions and am bookmarking some of these for future use, but thankfully Gundam Planet set aside a bottle of softer when I placed my order back in November, so I should be AOK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGzoFXdiamo
    Watch live Mondays at 12am (EST) on Hitbox | Watch archived on Destroy All Children
    This week: I bought a bunch of games on Steam, and I should probably play them. (Tron 2.0, Cook Serve Delicious, Enslaved, and a special MYSTERY GAME???)

Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    I look at GS&M but they are always "Sold out" of everything I want. I don't think they restock very often. If they do you really need to be Johnny on the spot to get anything.
    I don't think that GS&M ever has more than 20 kits in stock at one time. I think they might do a post-holiday restock sometime very soon, though.

They just did a nice sale of decals

Sorry for that top post. This mobile app update is killing me

They are pushing low on the mark softers nowadays . . Even the setters my suppliers cant even get their hands on them. U should try mark fit and strong from tamiya or micro sol. Its the same thing. Setters and softers is just too over hyped.

Anyone know of a good place to import 7-11 Gunpla without getting reamed?

Quote Originally Posted by Plamobot View Post
    Anyone know of a good place to import 7-11 Gunpla without getting reamed?
    Well thats not an easy search. To be clear youre talking about 711 exclusive kits right ?

Unfortunately, yes.