Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021

Thread: Favorite bands

Re: Favorite bands

I'm mostly into hip hop and electronic music.

The two groups I like the most are Autechre and Cannibal Ox.

My favourite Band is the Smiths.

favorite band of all time is and always will be Deftones, Chino's voice is just not even comparable in my mind, RIP Chi Cheng
    second favorite band is Metric, has been for about 12 years? love Emily Haines voice and how she moves on stage
    3rd is Gorillaz, so stoked for new album coming out this year.

I listen to a lot of alternative music and metal, this is currently what I have on my phone

(metal/hardcore/metalcore)
    Architects, Every Time I Die, Stray From The Path, Expire, Napoleon, Awake the Dreamer, Backswing, Beartooth, Cancer Bats, Counterparts, Currents, Dusty Tucker, Gallows, Good Tiger, Idiot Pilot, Invent, Animate, Islander, Muse, Neck of the Woods, Norma Jean, Northlane, Reflections, Trap Them, Veilside, Warhound, While She Sleeps, Wolf Down

(pop/punk/rockabilly)
    Alkaline Trio, Blink-182, Chaos Chaos, The Creepshow, Sleighbells (close third favorite band), Tiger Army

(Indie)
    Azure Ray, Beach House, Black Bear, Blonde Redhead, Bright Eyes, Emiliana Torrini, Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Flat Sound, The Format, The Good Life, Hanna Georgas, Rilo Kiley, The Unicorns

(Rock/Alternative)
    Arctic Monkeys, Balaclava, Can't Swim, Crosses, The Dead South, Dredg, Drab Majestic, The Flaming Lips, Hellions, Interpol, Seasurfer, The Slip

(All Others)
    Anna Oxygen, Bone Thugs N' Harmony, Die Antwoord, Delerium, Dresden Dolls, The Faint, Gene Serene, Justice, Strvngers, Twiztid

When it come to music, I like a wide variety of genres/pieces from various eras. From J-Rock to classic rock to big band to the occasional orchestral. Recently though I've been listening to some my dad's old albums from 70's, which includes greats like Led Zeppelin and The Eagles, and I've been hooked. Best songs that I've listened to so far though through my 70's trip have to be Stairway to Heaven and Witchy Woman.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    When it come to music, I like a wide variety of genres/pieces from various eras. From J-Rock to classic rock to big band to the occasional orchestral. Recently though I've been listening to some my dad's old albums from 70's, which includes greats like Led Zeppelin and The Eagles, and I've been hooked. Best songs that I've listened to so far though through my 70's trip have to be Stairway to Heaven and Witchy Woman.
    While Led Zeppelin is awesome, I only sorta like The Eagles.

That said. More Clapton......The Yardbirds, Cream, Derrick and the Dominos. Jimi Hendrix. The Doors. Grand Funk Railroad. Iron Butterfly......*looks off to the side for no reason*....Pink Floyd. Queen. The Who. The Animals. Alice Cooper. ? and the Mysterians. Blue Oyster Cult. Creedence Clearwater Revival. Foghat. Fleetwood Mac. Heart. The Guess Who. Gerry Rafferty. Golden Earring. Jim Croce. Lemon Pipers. Lynynd Skynyrd. Kanas. Eric Clapton. Cream. Norman Greenbaum. Ram Jam. The Runaways. Santana. Steppenwolf. Stevie Ray Vaughn. Coven (the 60s band). Strawberry Alarm Clock. Ten Years After. The Zombies. Uriah Heep. Black Sabbath. And to finalize my mini rant on bands to check out, Cream....

And on that note I feel the need to remind (read: brag) everyone about myself seeing Cream's final US tour at MSG a few years ago.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Rush, hands down.

Call it, them, or me pretentious if you will, but Rush's music puts me on the road to wellness like no other. Nothing betters my mood better than Rush's music.

I'll make my case with lyrics such as these from Far Cry:

o/` One day I feel I'm on top of the world,
    and the next it's falling in on me.
    I can get back on...
    I can get back on.... o/`

Aside from Rush, my tastes are rather wild and all over the map. I love other classics of rock, from Yes, Jethro Tull and Genesis to almost any 80's act.
    I also enjoy anime music, especially from the 80's and 90's, and video game music from those same eras as well.
    "His mind is not for rent, to any God or government. Always hopeful yet discontent, he knows changes aren't permanent, but change is." Rush, "Tom Sawyer"