Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MARSOCM42RD Gundam Poseidon FS/A Config "Merciless Trident"

Last edited by TheMeatheadGeek; December 4, 2012 at 1:35 AM.

That thing seems to have been painted in a clean manner.

Keep up the good work (although you've already completed this one.)
    Anime is for kids

Thanks alot pal. Construction was easy, but the paint job was a nightmare. I'm glad it came out well in the end

Gladly.

How did you apply your paint ?

Had you assembled the kit beforehand or had you painted each part seperately first and assembled it subsequently ?
    Anime is for kids

Looks great and the color scheme really works for this kit. Done with spray cans, right?

spray cans and hand paint. And Deathscythe, to answer your question, i laid down a base coat of primer on 80% of the kit out of the box. The other 20% was base-coated after they were built. I then painted those base-coated parts, either by hand or with spray cans, laid down a final layer of top-coat, and then assembled it in full.
    I KNOW YOU CAN SEE THE FUTURE!!!

I'll be honest, I thought there'd be more big guns. Looks good.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Super Moderator
    Cool Army scheme. The name though... I would at least expect an actual trident lol

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

"Trident" is a play on words. A trident obviously has three prongs. In the case of this Gundam, it refers to is three pronged attack scheme of utilizing its beam rifle and cannon, for direct fire combat, gatling cannon and shoulder mounted missile launchers for heavy artillery, and the rail cannon (which i havent taken pictures of) for long range fire support. Kinda like a 3 in 1 motif. I'm actually working on a story line for this model and it's pilot. I'm thinking on posting it on here, but i wouldn't know where to start. Is there a gundam fanfic forum on here?

I'm sorry if i disappointed you Exia, i was originally planning on giving the kit a beefier weapons setup. but as the kit progressed, i kinda felt more geared to it being a more agile "Raider" type mobile suit. Still having heavy firepower, but less bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeatheadGeek View Post
    "Trident" is a play on words. A trident obviously has three prongs. In the case of this Gundam, it refers to is three pronged attack scheme of utilizing its beam rifle and cannon, for direct fire combat, gatling cannon and shoulder mounted missile launchers for heavy artillery, and the rail cannon (which i havent taken pictures of) for long range fire support. Kinda like a 3 in 1 motif. I'm actually working on a story line for this model and it's pilot. I'm thinking on posting it on here, but i wouldn't know where to start. Is there a gundam fanfic forum on here?
    Aye, we do have a fanfic section. http://www.gundamforums.com/forumdis...27-Fan-Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeatheadGeek View Post
    I'm sorry if i disappointed you Exia, i was originally planning on giving the kit a beefier weapons setup. but as the kit progressed, i kinda felt more geared to it being a more agile "Raider" type mobile suit. Still having heavy firepower, but less bulk.
    I'm just sayin', the two base kits were the Launcher Strike and Buster. I assumed the three big guns would've been apart of it.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

lol i understand. Like i said, i have painted and assembled the beam Launcher as well as Buster's other cannon. i just havent taken picture of them. In the story, The pilot doesnt really bring them out unless its necessary for the mission, which in real life is often the case with heavy military weapons. In the Marines, i was an artilleryman, but often times such heavy firepower wasn't necassary, so we would have to pick up our rifles and put boot to ass up close and personal. The Gundam Poseidon follows that doctrine. But if you guys are hankering for some big guns, i'll snap some pics

and thanks for the fanfic link man

IMG_1563.jpgIMG_1568.jpg I designed his unit patch as part of a cheesy display