Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Re: Post your work area!

I keep forgetting to take a picture of my work area, it's messy as hell right now due to working on the Banshee. Will try to remember tonight.

@Shponglefan: Your work area is awesome. So well kept and organized. I wish I could make mine look like that.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister

so cool! looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    Thanks man and i shoot a lot. Some of the brass is gonna get reloaded and some is gonna get smelted down for blacksmithing.
    Ah, cool. I thought you might be using them in a diorama or something!

And that is a really spiffy work area and even now well organized and quite clean. Id really like my work area to look more like that.
    Thanks, although it's kinda funny that I consider it messy!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thwalker13 View Post
    @Shponglefan: Your work area is awesome. So well kept and organized. I wish I could make mine look like that.
    You're talking about the "before pic" right?

I am on no means a pro builder. I just do it for fun in between work and the baby. But I wanted to participate. So, here's my work area......
    Attached Images

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shponglefan View Post
    You're talking about the "before pic" right?
    Either, honestly. Both look as if you keep pretty organized.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister

Before Cleaning

After Cleaning

Not much yet I know. But you have to (re)start somewhere! Firearms were moved over out of the view of the window because I had it open. We're on the ground floor. Don't want anyone getting any funny ideas. I would like to get a board running across that back wall so I can begin putting stuff on it.

My main work area is a 6 ft wide bench, 2.5 ft deep. I recently added shelves for my computer monitors since the base's were taking up way to much room.

At the moment I only have 1 drawer, mounted underneath the right side of the bench, but it's jam packed with a ton of crap lol so not much storage there. Stuff generally gathers into piles around the floor, including my growing painting/airbrushing supplies, so I need to come up with some sort of solution. I'm thinking of putting 2 racks on each underside of the desk, so they can function as both the bench support legs, and as storage drawers.

All of my interests revolve around two things - computers and tools. I wanted to use the left side for computers, which would be built dimensionally the same as a server rack, and move my computers into 4U chassis. The right rack would just be draws for different tools. It would certainly be easier to slide open a draw and pick-up a paint tube lol

I'm just getting into this so I dont use or have much tools, but I can definitely see how this can escalate quickly in short time!

Awesome thread idea, btw

Super Moderator

^That oscilloscope! So jealous! I want my own, as well as a power supply.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

Please do not pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related. Just ask in a related thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    ^That oscilloscope! So jealous! I want my own, as well as a power supply.
    I'm also in need of a power supply lol Right now I got a 20 Watt 24,12,-12,and 5 volt supply with a suicide cord hooked up. Worked really well for powering a fan when I was airbrushing, not so much for electronic projects lol

There is about 2-3" of headroom above the scope, and I was thinking of mounting some supplies to a shelf, and then placing a panel over it with power taps.

The scope is an Owon SDS7102 - I payed about $500 on amazon for it a year or so back. Although a bit pricey, and took some time to save for, it was a worthwhile investment at a bargain price.

neat work bench so far for now

Well here is my menagerie of work spaces

Home built getto spray booth

Cabinets of paints, tools, and some bits and pieces

Lets see, this is my workbench about 3 years ago...

The overflow went into the closet in the same room.

No shots as it sits right now, as I can't even get to it right now. There is too much crap in the way due to the home remodeling we have started. While I may not have much time to build, I am setting up a new workspace. I only have one picture of it right now and it is not much to show...

18x36 shop/garage. There will be a garage door on either end with a carport on the far end. I will be able to drive a car straight through and park it under the car port, thus giving us basically a three car garage in a two car space. There will be 8-10 ft on the west side(left) for all my tools, welder and stuff. The workbench inside will be moved outside to the garage, also giving me a space to airbrush and paint. I already have a beer fridge and a 40 inch TV to go out there as well.

Oh yeah, a lot of the car and military kits that are pictured(not the japanese cars for sure) will be sold off after the move out to the garage. Gundams are all staying, but I have way too many cars, planes and treaded thingies to keep. I will post a list here first when I finally get around to getting rid of them

here's mine

Quote Originally Posted by Okiera29 View Post
    Lets see, this is my workbench about 3 years ago...

The overflow went into the closet in the same room.

No shots as it sits right now, as I can't even get to it right now. There is too much crap in the way due to the home remodeling we have started. While I may not have much time to build, I am setting up a new workspace. I only have one picture of it right now and it is not much to show...

18x36 shop/garage. There will be a garage door on either end with a carport on the far end. I will be able to drive a car straight through and park it under the car port, thus giving us basically a three car garage in a two car space. There will be 8-10 ft on the west side(left) for all my tools, welder and stuff. The workbench inside will be moved outside to the garage, also giving me a space to airbrush and paint. I already have a beer fridge and a 40 inch TV to go out there as well.

Oh yeah, a lot of the car and military kits that are pictured(not the japanese cars for sure) will be sold off after the move out to the garage. Gundams are all staying, but I have way too many cars, planes and treaded thingies to keep. I will post a list here first when I finally get around to getting rid of them
    Holy hell look who it is. How have you been man? Haven't seen you in a while. And that work space is almost a busy lookin as mine. Looks like you will have some nice projecting space when your done with the garage. Im jealous lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by modelcars87 View Post
    here's mine

That cant be it. Thats way to clean lol.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

DSC01992.JPG

Since I don't do painting, customizing or other advanced stuff my work area is pretty simple, just a table. There's a drawer where I keep the tools I use for gunpla. Right now I have no new kit, so it looks like that, with books and other school things in the way. When I start working on a kit, all that stuff I place somewhere else (on top of a shelf, on the bed....)
    Since I share the room with my sister, it also doubles as a study table both for me and her. Since she has pics of her and and her friends there I covered it with the transformers leaflet.
    I collect: High Grade, SD, Transformers , Figma, Nendoroid, SH Figuarts

"I eat, watch movies, and sleep! A TRUE MAN NEEDS NOTHING ELSE!"
    Genjuro Kazanari
    Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/kotori_sonoda/