Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Chapel's WiPs: MG H-Arms 11/19, Qubeley Re-build WiP

So thanks to the input from you guys, I was able to muster up the courage to go back and inject some new life into this one. This Qubeley had the simultaneous distinction/misfortune of being my first painted kit.

Please forgive the Clueless reference, but this one was definitely a Monet: The closer you get the worse it looks. I used a latex-based acrylic because I too cheap at the time to spring for real model paint, and the results were less than spectacular.

So here's what's happened so far:
    • Disassembled most of the model. It all came apart surprisingly easy, save for the detailing piece under the head, which broke at the back end. I was able to glue it back together and sand out any imperfections from the break, though.
    • Soaked the disassembled pieces in Isopropyl. My stupid paint choice actually helped out here, since the latex base just had it all slough off clumps and not tint the alcohol. Lost two of my funnels in cleanup though >__<*
    • Trimmed all flashing off the hands and reshaped the hand coverplates while I waited for the pieces to soak.

Coming soon: My unexpected side project where I cast new Funnels :\
    Last edited by ChapelMkII; November 19, 2012 at 7:36 AM.

Administrator
    This is looking like it'll be a really cool restoration. I'll be following this project good. As I might end up having to do this one day. lol Good luck man.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar

Very nice project friend...glad we here at the Forums could be of service and i too will be keeping tabs on this project. had a facination for this particular suit for some time and i look forward to what your take on it will be...good luck sir.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Thanks! I look forward to finishing this one so it can re-join my shelf display

The replacement of the lost Funnels will have to wait for now, sadly. I forgot I was out of silicone molding and the holiday hours at my job will be keeping me from getting some more for the time being. I was able to get the head assembled back together and painted up, though!

Administrator
    Looking very sharp man. The head of the Qubeley always interested me. Reminds me of a Xenomorph.

Post moved to it's own thread, here.
    Last edited by ChapelMkII; November 26, 2012 at 8:50 AM.

Administrator
    Wow man. Nice work with painting up Trowa. And the chest of the Heavyarms looks great.

Thanks! I just found a detail brush recently that really is lending itself to small details like that. I can't wait to give it a trial run on some panel lines >:]