PDA

View Full Version : My Gunpla photos.

Zeta-G
October 28, 2010, 7:48 PM
I've had requests for images of some of my kits. Here they are.

Edit (12/16/10): From now on, I'll be placing all of my regular Gunpla photos in this thread.

V-Dash Gundam (I will not be showing it in any other configurations, because the suit is fairly loose).

Zeta-G
October 28, 2010, 7:52 PM
HGUC 1/144 Kshatriya

NanoSpore
October 28, 2010, 7:53 PM

V-Dash Gundam (I will not be showing it in any other configurations, because the suit is fairly loose).

My MG Zeta plus C1 is the same way. Those models aren't meant to be handled a whole lot. :?
Looks good, though.

Edit:
That Kshatriya is awesome!!!! I was hesitant about the 1/144 factor (I prefer 1/100), but that is one bad-ass suit.

Zeta-G
October 28, 2010, 7:58 PM
HGUC 1/144 Re-ZEL (my last kit to go unlined)

Zeta-G
October 28, 2010, 8:00 PM

My MG Zeta plus C1 is the same way. Those models aren't meant to be handled a whole lot. :?
Looks good, though.

Edit:
That Kshatriya is awesome!!!! I was hesitant about the 1/144 factor (I prefer 1/100), but that is one bad-ass suit.
It's about the same height as a MG Zaku II or MG Hizack.

SilverFrameAstray
October 28, 2010, 10:33 PM
Those are some nice kits there Zeta. Again, that Kshatriya is just downright epic.

Zeta-G
October 28, 2010, 10:45 PM
Those are some nice kits there Zeta. Again, that Kshatriya is just downright epic.
I'd love to have a MG of it. Though considering how big the box was for my 1/144 HGUC (MG 1/100 Nu Gundam Clear Parts campaign size), a MG of it would probably need a PG-sized box; basically we'd be looking at a kit the size of the MG The O (perhaps even larger).

Zeta-G
October 29, 2010, 10:35 PM
MG Nu Gundam was the first of my Master Grades to get lined. This is him and his shelf mate (whom you should be able to recognize).

GNzaku0023
November 10, 2010, 11:08 PM
That Kshatriya for the win man. I've seen so many people do different color variations of it and no matter what it is, it looks amazing. Well done man.

Zeta-G
December 16, 2010, 5:34 PM
[attachment=4:31rnmc2s]IMG_2577.jpg[/attachment:31rnmc2s]

As promised, my MG Shining and HGAW X kits. Sorry it took so long, I've been a bit under the weather.

[attachment=3:31rnmc2s]IMG_2576.jpg[/attachment:31rnmc2s]
[attachment=2:31rnmc2s]IMG_2575.jpg[/attachment:31rnmc2s]

[attachment=1:31rnmc2s]IMG_2579.jpg[/attachment:31rnmc2s]
[attachment=0:31rnmc2s]IMG_2578.jpg[/attachment:31rnmc2s]

SilverFrameAstray
December 18, 2010, 1:08 AM
My good G.O.D. I cannot wait to get my shining gundam. That is so sexy.

Zeta-G
December 18, 2010, 3:32 AM
I should point out (since it may not be clear from my photographs) that Shining is NOT leaning against the wall. He is standing with only one foot on the joystick and that's it; nothing is aiding his balance.

squeam
December 18, 2010, 10:05 AM
Had my Shining doin the one-foot-straight-up kick for bout 2 months, never fell. Kinda wish some other kits had those sweet rubber feet and sturdy leg joints.

Zeta-G
December 18, 2010, 2:01 PM
Had my Shining doin the one-foot-straight-up kick for bout 2 months, never fell. Kinda wish some other kits had those sweet rubber feet and sturdy leg joints.
I'm pretty sure all the G MGs have them. I might go for a Spiegel/Shadow Gundam next (it'll definitely be the next G MG that I buy, but whether it'll be the next MG of any kind that I buy is still up in the air).

squeam
December 18, 2010, 11:43 PM
I'm pretty sure all the G MGs have them. I might go for a Spiegel/Shadow Gundam next (it'll definitely be the next G MG that I buy, but whether it'll be the next MG of any kind that I buy is still up in the air).

Yeah, Spiegel has 'em. It was like the third MG I got. I knew not much about it, except it was fearsome and was called Speigel-that was enough for me.

ZeonPeon
January 17, 2011, 6:28 PM
Your Gunpla would look better with some panel lining mate. And what are those controls to? ZP is interested :?: :!:

Zeta-G
January 17, 2011, 6:58 PM
Your Gunpla would look better with some panel lining mate. And what are those controls to? ZP is interested :?: :!:
They have panel lining (other than Re-ZEL, which I built before I started panel lining all of my new kits). The controller is from Steel Battalion, a mech sim made by Capcom for the original Xbox. (The Kinect sequel will be garbage without the controller; it's a franchise that required a 40 button controller, so taking the buttons away in favor of a button free experience is about the stupidest decision one could have made regarding the franchise).

squeam
January 17, 2011, 9:45 PM
Best peripheral ever. I mean, is there anything more impressive than that beast?

Zeta-G
January 17, 2011, 9:56 PM
Best peripheral ever. I mean, is there anything more impressive than that beast?
I alway wanted a Gundam game to go with it, but the Xbox line has always been ignored/hated in Japan, so we know how that went (i.e. Never got one). Steel Battalion was brutal in that if you failed to hit eject in time, it would delete your game save. :lol:
I hope the Kinect one formats the entire hard drive as a punishment for failure; that would be awesome (just to screw with the 360 players who think they're "hardcore gamers" for simply playing shooters). :twisted:

squeam
January 17, 2011, 10:04 PM
that would be awesome (just to screw with the 360 players who think they're "hardcore gamers" for simply playing shooters). :twisted:

Where would this gaming generation be without instant saves anywhere and everywhere? I mean, you read reviews and people complain because they have to "make it" to a save point! Whatever happened to hoping the NES wouldn't freeze up before you got home from school to finish _____?

Zeta-G
January 17, 2011, 10:24 PM
that would be awesome (just to screw with the 360 players who think they're "hardcore gamers" for simply playing shooters). :twisted:

Where would this gaming generation be without instant saves anywhere and everywhere? I mean, you read reviews and people complain because they have to "make it" to a save point! Whatever happened to hoping the NES wouldn't freeze up before you got home from school to finish _____?
Ah the good old days... I miss them (no nostalgia glasses here; my classic systems are still permanently hooked up to my home theater and used, except for the NES [it croaked some time ago and I haven't gotten a replacement yet]). Demon's Souls (PS3 exclusive) and Prinny (PSP) are excellent examples of modern hardcore titles (I define hardcore titles as games that hard as hell and require real skill and practice to beat).
This thread is for my Gunpla images (and any discussion relating to them), so we should continue the gaming talk in the video game thread.

Zeta-G
August 22, 2011, 1:06 AM
My HG Gabthley was completed Saturday, and my MG ReZEL Commander type just needs its shield and ~75% of its backpack to be built and it'll be finished (I'm thinking it'll be done around Tuesday night). I'll post pics of both sometime after I've finished the ReZEL.

Also if anyone would like to request photos of any of my MGs, do so in this thread before the end of Tuesday and I'll take some pics of them when I take pics of my Gabthley and ReZEL.

Asterisk
August 22, 2011, 7:27 AM
What all do you have, exactly?

Zeta-G
August 22, 2011, 12:52 PM
What all do you have, exactly?
I have already posted pictures of the following MGs: Infinite Justice, Musha Gundam Mk II, Nu Gundam, Shining Gundam, V-Dash Gundam, Wing (TV version), Rick Dias, and Quebeley.

These are my MGs that I haven't posted pictures of:

fully lined:
Force Impulse

lined head:
Super Gundam

unlined:
Exia
GP01Fb
Unicorn Ver. Ka
Kampfer
Gelgoog (Anavel Gato)
F91
Zaku II
Hizack
Destiny
GP02
RX-78-2 (Ver. 1.0)
Zeta (Ver. 1.0)
RX-79(G)

I also have a FAZZ, but I won't post pictures of it because it's pretty busted up.

ADDED INFORMATION:

I just finished building the MG ReZEL Commander Type (My 25th MG). Some of the dry transfers were unfortunately mangled during construction (oh how I hate them :(), but, on the whole, the MG ReZEL Commander Type is just a stupendously awesome kit. Honestly, out of the kits that I've built, only the MG Infinite Justice, MG Wing, and HGUC Kshatriya are in the same league. All of the transforming elements have satisfying clicks, the kit holds the giant bazooka fairly well (I had it on my rotating model base, at high speed, with the bazooka fully extended in front of it, and the kit stayed upright), and the colors are just gorgeous; it's a back heavy kit (especially when the bazooka is stored on th backpack), but the large feet help keep the kit up. I highly recommend the MG ReZEL Commander type to anyone experienced with building MG kits.

The HGUC Gabthley is a very well designed HG (especially for 2005) overall, but the hands (especially the trigger finger hand) just do not want to stay together for me; the slightest tap and they split, dropping the gun/bayonet (the trigger hand falls apart without being tapped). I inspected the runners before opening the plastic bags (as always), and I didn't see any obvious abnormalities, but, to be perfectly fair, my kit's trigger hand might have just been a bad mold (the peg hole in the trigger hand is way too wide for the intended peg, and I'd like to think that Bandai's engineering teem isn't THAT incompetent). Despite trigger hand, I managed to get the beam saber hands to hold the bayonet in a fairly good pose using the included stand, and the kit looks pretty good sitting on my shelf. I'll recommend the kit, under the assumption that I just got a bad mold for one of the hands, because, honestly, the rest of the kit is so well designed that it seems unlikely that something as basic as the standard HG hand would be so poorly engineered on an otherwise outstanding kit.

I'll post pics of these two kits (plus Wing's bird mode), sometime in the next week or so. You still have until Tuesday, if you'd like to request images of one/some of my other kit(s).

Kenico
August 23, 2011, 12:06 PM
Id really like to see the Destiny, i like to see wether or not i should get on myself.

squeam
August 23, 2011, 12:37 PM
Unfortunately, Zeta-G, the hands problem is typical of all the Gabthleys. That's really the only aspect of the kit that says "Hey, I'm from 2005".

Zeta-G
August 23, 2011, 12:50 PM
Unfortunately, Zeta-G, the hands problem is typical of all the Gabthleys. That's really the only aspect of the kit that says "Hey, I'm from 2005".

I get that for the beam saber hands but the trigger hand literally won't stay together.

@Kenyon: noted.

Asterisk
August 23, 2011, 1:37 PM
You should see the Hazel's and GM Quel's hands. The trigger hands on all of them (even the Quel's left trigger hand) had to have parts of them shaved down so they'd fit with the back-hand armor on.

refined77
September 10, 2011, 4:24 PM
C'mon , it's not that bad , in overal those are fine kits .

Zeta-G
September 10, 2011, 5:09 PM
Sorry about the delay in taking the pics of the new kits; I've been a bit busier than expected. I'm hoping to take the shots and post them sometime within the next week (barring any further unforeseen delays).