PDA

View Full Version : Grunt suits.

alphachruch
November 7, 2012, 5:09 PM
Hi. Im looking forward to getting some new MG and HG grunt gunpla. I never wanted them before but now i kinda like a few designs. Im gonna get a HG zaku 2. MG Jagan. And a HG Tieren. I think those are some really cool designs. But i need one more MG. im thinking about a ReGZ. I just need one that is from a differnt show than the ones i already mentioned and it cant be a GM. I feel that GMs are too boring looking and very simple in design. No real design features. Thanks. And if they are under 60 bucks or around that price that would great.

RX-78-2
November 7, 2012, 5:22 PM
I have heard that the ReGz is a total brick. I do believe it was from squeam in his podcast.

uncleremuslegend
November 7, 2012, 5:33 PM
wasn't really happy with mine when i put it together... around or less than $60 you say? not knowing what you possess to start with i can't make a full on suggestion. If it was my money i would look for a Crossbone, Buster, Marasai, Duel Shroud, or RX78-4/5...also, the GM sniper isn't as plain as some of the others and has some neato additional accessories

Zechs36
November 7, 2012, 7:53 PM
Personally, I'd go with one of the Dom variants. Of course, I'm biased because I friggin LOVE the Dom suit!

Gundamswag
November 7, 2012, 7:58 PM
what...you pretty much ruled out the gn-x..which is a freaking awesome grunt suit.

alphachruch
November 7, 2012, 10:16 PM
The gn-x is a fake. Not a grunt. In my opinion. And i am trying to focus myself on a grunt rather than a head suit since i have some heads in budget already. Like AGE-2, qan[t], unicorn, burning/god gundam, astray red frame, and both wing gundams from endless waltz. So im only going to get a few grunts. I kinda like the sniper GM and the dom. Thanks but if there anymore suggestions then u are still free to enter them since i havent decided yet.

Jae102
November 7, 2012, 11:20 PM
The GN-X is fake?

http://images.wikia.com/gundam/images/4/44/GN-X_wallpaper.jpg

A GN-X is an mass production suit man. It's the GM of AD but far superior. It's Gundam Class.

Zeon's RedComet
November 8, 2012, 1:13 AM
GN-X Gundam class?

Yeah more or less lol…while it won’t keep up with the more Badass/Advanced modles I say that one with a skilled pilot could down first Gen (and some Second) AD Gundams like a boss, and trouble if not beat some of the newer one. If there's a skilled pilot in it.

Anyhow I'd say it's the Gelgoog Jager of AD...which by all means was MP (low volume commander though) but could keep up with the RX-78-2 if it where to fight one. It's like the Jager...only made in the Volume of freaking Zaku's, and in the AD.

And I'd say it was Grunt status, it was a mainstay suit...built in massive Numbers.

I love the GN-X series. But to each their own.

alphachruch
November 8, 2012, 7:51 PM
I do like Gelgoogs. And the Gn-X is a fake AD gundam. Fake drives. And they are less powered. Remember gundams arent grunts. So the gn-x is a grunt. U kinda even admitted it by mentioning it in a grunt based thread. There u have it. And it isnt even called a gundam.

alphachruch
November 13, 2012, 1:00 PM
Im gonna add another grunt to my list. HGUC Anksha. Since it is so tall, goes good with my Unicorn Destroy Mode and the Anksha is a carrier so it can carry the unicorn in its back. But I still need a MG grunt. I might get the Sniper GM. Thanks everyone for your help.

Deathscythe!
November 13, 2012, 1:23 PM
You don't like GMs ?

Time for me to assure you differently.

You're well concious of Jegan being the successor of Gms, are you ? (I guess they are)

Speaking of which, Ground Gundam is also a grunt.

alphachruch
November 14, 2012, 3:46 PM
3792Honestly, what is good looking in a GM? Its not strong, fast, or good looking. And for a gunpla it isnt detailed at all! I mean, look at the knees! And the chest is also just a copy of The Gundam. But i do like the sniper GM since 1. Its a sniper 2. It is more detailed 3. And actually looks good in my opinion. But i guess it all comes down to opinion in the end.

Deathscythe!
November 14, 2012, 4:00 PM
It certainly depends on the character.
I can somehow not stand 00's grunt suit designs.
IMO (no one I'd like to take this personally), the limbs look as if they weren't able to resume standing any longer.