PDA

View Full Version : If you could keep only one of your Gunpla...

Zeta-G
October 28, 2010, 6:01 AM
which would it be and why?

Mine would be my Master Grade Infinite Justice.

Why? I think my panel lining on it was some of my best work; ditto for application of the dry transfers. It also holds value to me as my 20th Master Grade (and possibly my 50th Gunpla over all; I'm unsure of this last point, since I have mangled and/or misplaced virtually all of my Wing [I built the entire series of 1/144 NGs and 1/100 HGs] and Endless Waltz kits [I built approximately a third to a half of the EW HG 1/144s and HG 1/100s released]).

As for the suit itself... I love the design. Truthfully, while I love the Zeta Gundam (and the series of the same name even more), the Infinite Justice is so much more my kind of suit. It is very suitable for dueling and the backpack permits hit and run tactics. it is my first choice in Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2; I very rarely lose with the suit online.

Of course, Athrun Zala, once he gets going, is THE MAN in the SEED universe (Seriously, watch the shows; one could argue that Kira is a false lead for him in the second half of SEED and that Shinn is a false lead for him in Destiny).

*SPOILERS ALERT*

Athrun Zala and the original Justice destroyed the original Genesis in SEED.
In Destiny, Athrun Zala and the Infinite Justice take out Zaft's new space laser (I think it was called Neo Genesis, my memory is a bit fuzzy at the moment; I'll verify it later), the Minerva, the Impulse, and the Destiny in a span of about 5 minutes. For comparison, Kira and his beam spamming Strike Freedom took out Legend during this period.

*SPOILERS END*

GNzaku0023
October 28, 2010, 7:52 AM
I would have to keep my NG 1/100 Legend Gundam.

Back when I was a kid, I built Gunpla all the time, my first kit being a Hydra Gundam back in the late 1990's, and in early 2000's, I had ended with 1/144 HG Heavyarms Custom. Over the next few years, I had only purchased two kits, the 1/144 NG Destiny, and the 1/144 HG Serpent.

Back in June, I had decided to start up Gunpla again and started with Legend here. For being my first kit in quite some time, I had a lot of fun (and a huge nostalgia headache afterward). After I was done with Legend, it had reignited my old interest for Gunpla, and over the past few months my collection has grown once again. (As seen in the "Your Collection. Flaunt It" Thread) But if it wasn't for Legend, I probably wouldn't even be on this forum right now!

This kit means a lot to me, and out of all my kits, I had the most fun building this one.

SilverFrameAstray
October 28, 2010, 12:07 PM
I would have to keep my NG 1/100 Astraea.

Of course it kill me to let go of the others, but he's one of my favorite gundams ever, and one of the funnest to build.

Even though I had both 00 and Astraea in my possession, I decided to build Astraea first. It wasn't until two weeks after I built Astraea that I built 00 (here in -insert random whereabouts i'm not supposed to tell anyone-, there is literally nothing to do. The town is boring and so are the cities. So the four of us, Me/GNZaku/ZeonPeon/RondoCiiSahaku, all order kits and decide on a day to build them all.). I didn't mind at all waiting to build 00, because Astraea was way to fun to pose, had badass weapons, looked better than exia/00, and could be rearranged from Astraea to Exia and back again.

It is still, just that fun. (Minus the GN drive I gave GNZ for his Zaku)

GNzaku0023
October 28, 2010, 12:33 PM
Indeed. That GN drive is gonna be sick on my Zaku. Anyways I thought for sure you'd pick red frame.

ZeonPeon
October 30, 2010, 1:00 PM
Well it is easier for me to answer this question for I only have 3 Gunpla at the moment, so it would be my 1/100 Death Scythe Hell.

squeam
November 1, 2010, 11:39 PM
I would keep MG Zeta 2.0 HD. Its the hero suit from my favorite series, its fully transformable (thus giving me some extra playing time with my only Gundam), comes with a sweet display base and is shiny.

Zeta-G
November 2, 2010, 12:32 AM
I would keep MG Zeta 2.0 HD. Its the hero suit from my favorite series, its fully transformable (thus giving me some extra playing time with my only Gundam), comes with a sweet display base and is shiny.
You lucky grouping of atoms... all I have for a Zeta is a 1.0. :cry:

GNzaku0023
November 10, 2010, 8:02 PM
I'm definitly going to get a Zeta Gundam, weather or not it's going to be a 1/100 or 1/144 I've yet to determine.

squeam
November 11, 2010, 6:20 AM
Having each, I would say save your money and get a Zeta MG 2.0. Sure its expensive, but the HGUC requires much work to look accurate and as a kit, its a bit fussy to pose/assemble. The 2.0 MG is simply outstanding! Oh, and by the way GNZ, it comes with an epic stand :D

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 8:29 AM
Orly? Well if it comes with a stand I pretty much have to have it then huh? :lol: