PDA

View Full Version : RG MS-06F Zaku II

Squee
August 2, 2011, 6:14 PM
Hi just felt like posting this. Got this from Image Anime. They asked me to snap and flatcoat this quickly to display.
This felt very wrong to do... not painting a kit feels sacrilegious now.
http://i55.tinypic.com/2hcokzb.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/33cujqf.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/2m6678x.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/mlnuxh.jpg

I get it back in a month after it's been displayed. I'll see if i want to strip and paint it then.

gaspar
August 2, 2011, 9:04 PM
Looks cool! I have one of the other RG version (hopefully) arriving tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it!

SilverFrameAstray
August 2, 2011, 9:48 PM
Oh maaaan. I need to get one now.

Kenico
August 2, 2011, 10:44 PM
just out of curiosity, are RGs just MGs scaled down to 1/144?

Squee
August 2, 2011, 11:13 PM
^ No they're completely different. Often times they actually have better part separation than their MG counterparts. They use a prebuilt innerframe that you simply cut out and reorganize. With the armor, there is also tons of color separation, with multiple shade of similar colors making up what would be one color on a mg. There are also almost triple the amount of decals on a RG.

Still i'm a MG guy simply due to the dislike of the small scale.

Kenico
August 2, 2011, 11:19 PM
do they come with the signature element i like on all MG kits which is the peg in the hands cause if the RGs have it im sold! and if yes does GSAM have em in stock?

Squee
August 3, 2011, 12:04 AM
The hands have slots in them. The weapons have pegs, both hinged and permanent that clip into them. They hold the weapons very well.

GNzaku0023
August 3, 2011, 1:01 AM
Kenyon, you are obsessed with those pegs!
Awesome work Squee, and congrats on having set for display! It looks amazing!

Kenico
August 3, 2011, 1:35 AM
i know!!! when you find somthin that works and you like it...its got to be with everything else!!(if that made any sense). besides its a perfectly normal obsession GNZ....Ill get over it. LOL

SilverFrameAstray
August 3, 2011, 7:28 AM
Exactly GNZ, that's a good tip. Don't be so down on good ideas man. LOL!

Asterisk
August 3, 2011, 7:58 AM
the RGs hold their weapons better than any MG I've ever owned. Only problem I've ever run into my RG RX78 is the fingers' tendency to pop off when trying to arrange them around the rifle's handle.

Kenico
August 3, 2011, 8:50 AM
the RGs hold their weapons better than any MG I've ever owned. Only problem I've ever run into my RG RX78 is the fingers' tendency to pop off when trying to arrange them around the rifle's handle.

Ok you sold me on the RGs and i may think about gettn some into my collection. however, how many figures are in RG and what are they?

Asterisk
August 3, 2011, 9:46 AM
Just 4 (kind of) so far. RX-78-2, Char's Zaku II, Aile Strike, and Mass Production Type Zaku II. Freedom's in the works, though.

Kenico
August 3, 2011, 10:02 AM
the day i see either the Hi Nu or the Alex get the RG treatment is the day i get serious about RG *crosses fingers and toes*

Asterisk
August 3, 2011, 12:41 PM
I would love an Alex RG so much. You just don't even know.

SilverFrameAstray
August 3, 2011, 5:20 PM
I think if they did do an Alex RG I'd probably gain a greater appreciation for the design.

However, if they make a RG Alex, there needs to be a RG Kampfer.

Kenico
August 3, 2011, 10:21 PM
Rest easy my brothers, let us continue to dream until bandai grants us our undying wish for an alex and kampher.

SilverFrameAstray
August 3, 2011, 10:25 PM
kampher.

o3o Oh god. It isn't even like the h and f keys are butt up to each other.

I will dream. I will Dream for my RG Dopp.

Kenico
August 3, 2011, 10:40 PM
o3o Oh god. It isn't even like the h and f keys are butt up to each other.

I will dream. I will Dream for my RG Dopp.

my bad on that one SFA, if i havent already said it my German is a little rusty sorry mein bruder.

SilverFrameAstray
August 4, 2011, 3:31 AM
Jawohl. Du brauchst zeit mein freund.\

I wonder besides me and GNZ who else speaks german? Just message me if you do, stop this RG derailing!