PDA

View Full Version : that IS a zaku, boy

NanoSpore
October 26, 2010, 11:31 PM
My current work in progress... 1/60 PG Char's Zaku. I've been busy with school so I'm not as far as I'd like, but It'll get there.

GNzaku0023
October 27, 2010, 8:50 AM
WOOT WOOT!!!!! Char's Zaku for the win!!!

NanoSpore
October 27, 2010, 3:04 PM

Indeed. :lol:
I think my favorite part of this kit so far is the fact that the mono-eye can move and lights up.
I guess I'm a sucker for gimmicks like that. haha

Zeta-G
October 27, 2010, 4:20 PM

Indeed. :lol:
I think my favorite part of this kit so far is the fact that the mono-eye can move and lights up.
I guess I'm a sucker for gimmicks like that. haha
When you finish the kit, you should take some more pictures, including one of the mono eye glowing in a dark room.

SilverFrameAstray
October 27, 2010, 9:55 PM
That, sir, is beautiful. You need to post more pictures before completion.

NanoSpore
October 27, 2010, 10:59 PM
Here's the eye glowing.

That, sir, is beautiful. You need to post more pictures before completion.
Ma'am, actually. ;P But I won't fault you for that. I don't make a point of mentioning it.

GNzaku0023
October 27, 2010, 11:05 PM
Wow, that is really amazing, and I'm sorry about the sir thing, it's just something I do :) .
That kit, I'm such a sucker for LED kits. Silverframe and I are working on Haros and I'm probably gonna put LEDs in the eyes.

SilverFrameAstray
October 27, 2010, 11:06 PM
Ah! I am so sorry dear! You are the 3rd official recognized girl on this forum! Zeta might be a girl. No wait Zeta is a girl. He can't argue this, the forum games says he is now a girl.

NanoSpore
October 27, 2010, 11:16 PM
I'm such a sucker for LED kits. Silverframe and I are working on Haros and I'm probably gonna put LEDs in the eyes.
That's awesome! LEDs make everything 10x cooler.

Ah! I am so sorry dear! You are the 3rd official recognized girl on this forum! Zeta might be a girl. No wait Zeta is a girl. He can't argue this, the forum games says he is now a girl.
Not a problem, haha. Shall we vote on Zeta? We can make a poll and everything.

SilverFrameAstray
October 27, 2010, 11:26 PM
Haha, forum determines one person's gender.

Yup, screw what your body says Zeta, we're voting on your haha.

There needs to be more options than just boy or girl.

I say Haro as an option.

NanoSpore
October 27, 2010, 11:32 PM
Haha, forum determines one person's gender.

Yup, screw what your body says Zeta, we're voting on your haha.

There needs to be more options than just boy or girl.

I say Haro as an option.

Going off an earlier post...

You could always use Kamille.

Zeta-G
October 27, 2010, 11:35 PM
I'm cool with being labeled as a lesbian trapped in a male body. Of course the forum game indicates that the rest of you are now (straight) women. Oh well plenty of fish in the sea.

SilverFrameAstray
October 27, 2010, 11:37 PM
Technically, I am now a hermaphrodite with mechanical prosthetics because I was once quadriplegic. I am not actually a herm, but I'm claiming myself as one because I am the OP of that forum game and being a girl is not fun enough.

Zeta-G
October 27, 2010, 11:43 PM
Technically, I am now a hermaphrodite with mechanical prosthetics because I was once quadriplegic. I am not actually a herm, but I'm claiming myself as one because I am the OP of that forum game and being a girl is not fun enough.
Being a cybernetically enhanced lesbian is...

(*SPOILERS* I'm referring to details about my fanfic, that my avatar can't possibly convey.*END SPOILERS*)

SilverFrameAstray
October 27, 2010, 11:57 PM
A lawyer who builds Gunpla and writes fanfics about mechanical lesbians.

Zeta, I am purposely going to get in trouble later so you can be my lawyer.
We will wear Zeon Uniforms instead of suits.

GNzaku0023
October 28, 2010, 12:01 AM
I wish to attend this case. I will be in a zeon outfit as well. That is just too awesome to pass up.

Zeta-G
October 28, 2010, 12:08 AM
A lawyer who builds Gunpla and writes fanfics about mechanical lesbians.

Zeta, I am purposely going to get in trouble later so you can be my lawyer.
We will wear Zeon Uniforms instead of suits.
I'm not a lawyer yet...

(the mechanical parts are grafted onto her later in the story after she gets seriously messed up; think like Andrew Waltfeldt and his arm, but much worse; also the mechanical parts have much higher precision and tie into the nervous system [think Motoko Kusanagi from GitS combined with Emma Sheen]).

SilverFrameAstray
October 28, 2010, 12:10 PM
Nice, and I know you aren't a lawyer yet. You're still in school if I'm not mistaken, but I did say "get in trouble later"

Was just foreshadowing the fact that you'll have to defend a maniac.

GNzaku0023
October 29, 2010, 5:34 PM
Nano, you need to post more pics of that bad ass!!!!!

NanoSpore
October 29, 2010, 6:04 PM
Nano, you need to post more pics of that bad ass!!!!!

I've got some coming. :) Built some today actually.

NanoSpore
October 29, 2010, 8:49 PM
Here ya go~ Worked on it all day long.
Now for the weapons. :twisted:

GNzaku0023
October 29, 2010, 8:53 PM
Oh my G.O.D, the sheer size of that leg.....

NanoSpore
October 29, 2010, 8:53 PM
Shot with the eye glowing... along with one that shows the wiring crap.

NanoSpore
October 29, 2010, 8:54 PM
Oh my G.O.D, the sheer size of that leg.....

Haha... thought that would be a good comparison.

ZeonPeon
October 29, 2010, 9:08 PM
G.O.D., I want that Zaku so bad, such a sucker to Zaku's. I am planning on getting Super Zaku, but that's not important now. Good work on the model ma'am, looks awesome. And Zeta, I would, too, attend my brother's court case, but I would be Char... Or Super Zaku... :twisted:

Zeta-G
October 29, 2010, 9:15 PM
G.O.D., I want that Zaku so bad, such a sucker to Zaku's. I am planning on getting Super Zaku, but that's not important now. Good work on the model ma'am, looks awesome. And Zeta, I would, too, attend my brother's court case, but I would be Char... Or Super Zaku... :twisted:
That kit might have to be the first Perfect Grade for me to get...

NanoSpore
October 29, 2010, 9:21 PM

If you want to try a PG, it's definitely easier than the 00 Raiser or Wing. Based on my experience, anyway.

Zeta-G
October 29, 2010, 10:03 PM

If you want to try a PG, it's definitely easier than the 00 Raiser or Wing. Based on my experience, anyway.
I'm not worried about the complexity (I have well over 20 Master Grades under my belt). I'm just looking for the right kit, since they are (relatively) expensive. Assuming that there aren't any new PGs out (besides Strike Freedom), when I get around to ordering my first PG, it'll be between the Zeta, the 00, and this.

NanoSpore
October 29, 2010, 11:04 PM
I'm not worried about the complexity (I have well over 20 Master Grades under my belt). I'm just looking for the right kit, since they are (relatively) expensive. Assuming that there aren't any new PGs out (besides Strike Freedom), when I get around to ordering my first PG, it'll be between the Zeta, the 00, and this.

Gotchya. I loved building my 00 Raiser, but the Zaku is quite a bit cheaper.
If they make a new PG after the Strike Freedom, I would love love love to have a Unicorn.

Zeta-G
October 29, 2010, 11:09 PM

Gotchya. I loved building my 00 Raiser, but the Zaku is quite a bit cheaper.
If they make a new PG after the Strike Freedom, I would love love love to have a Unicorn.
That would = automatic buy for me.

GNzaku0023
November 10, 2010, 7:42 PM
I've always been against perfect grades personally. I just can't ever see myself building one. But this...this zaku might just be the one to push me towards a PG kit.... maybe....

Zeta-G
November 10, 2010, 8:12 PM
I've always been against perfect grades personally. I just can't ever see myself building one. But this...this zaku might just be the one to push me towards a PG kit.... maybe....
Why would you be "against" perfect grades? The high price?

GNzaku0023
November 10, 2010, 8:17 PM
Well that, and the fact that I never have any time to build them. I'm also not very good with wiring work. When I said 'against', I never meant I don't think anyone should buy them, but rather I personally have stayed away.

NanoSpore
November 10, 2010, 11:46 PM
Well that, and the fact that I never have any time to build them. I'm also not very good with wiring work. When I said 'against', I never meant I don't think anyone should buy them, but rather I personally have stayed away.

The wiring isn't necessary (as evident with my failed Wing Zero) and with the Zaku it was pretty simple. As for the time, well, it's a long process. :P I think my 00 Raiser took me almost a month... but I didn't build every day.

Most of the older PGs are a little cheaper but they're still over 100. I typically hold of on some master grades... 3 or 4 of those and you've got yourself a PG.

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 8:33 AM
yeah even still, I don't have the money for a perfect grade. I get one gunpla a month, maybe two if I'm lucky.

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 10:06 AM
yeah even still, I don't have the money for a perfect grade. I get one gunpla a month, maybe two if I'm lucky.
One day you'll be able to afford one.

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 11:17 AM
Well It's always something to look forward to!! Like that Kshatriya!!!!

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 11:38 AM
Well It's always something to look forward to!! Like that Kshatriya!!!!
Mmm... Kshatriya. Maybe bandai will be crazy enough to make a PG Kshatriya; I'd pay a small fortune for that...

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 11:39 AM
I wouldn't want more than a MG. I know neograde made a 300 dollar resin 1/100 Kshatriya.

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 11:41 AM
I wouldn't want more than a MG. I know neograde made a 300 dollar resin 1/100 Kshatriya.
A Master Grade would work. Make it happen Bandai.

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 11:46 AM
Neo Grade's was a master grade kit. but due to the resin it makes it hard to pose.

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 11:47 AM
Neo Grade's was a master grade kit. but due to the resin it makes it hard to pose.
I was talking about official bandai kits; I'm not one for Resin kits.

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 11:50 AM
Yeah, if bandai made a mg I would buy it in a heart beat.

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah, if bandai made a mg I would buy it in a heart beat.
I expect a MG kshatriya would be in The O's price range, given how expensive the HGUC was.

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 11:53 AM
I would sell my laptop to have a 1/100 MG Kshatriya.

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 11:55 AM
I would sell my laptop to have a 1/100 MG Kshatriya.
My 3 year old Macbook Pro could haul in enough cash for about 4 PGs. I love the resale value of Macs; it's unlike any other PC.

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 11:56 AM
wow... really.

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 11:58 AM
wow... really.
It's because they last. 13 year old iMacs can still haul in 200 bucks.

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 11:59 AM
That's amazing. Makes me want to get a mac.

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 12:01 PM
That's amazing. Makes me want to get a mac.
You know what they say... Once you go Mac, you don't go back.
Anyway we should probably get back to discussing Gunpla; PM me if you want to continue the computer talk.

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 12:05 PM
Yeah ur right. Sorry for derailment. Anyways, that Zaku does look really nice. The light up mono eye is a very attractive part. I would seriously buy it just for that.

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 12:10 PM
Yeah ur right. Sorry for derailment. Anyways, that Zaku does look really nice. The light up mono eye is a very attractive part. I would seriously buy it just for that.
It does. I think it would be fun to have it Char kick an RX-78-2. :)