PDA

View Full Version : Which PG gundam kit should I get as my first PG ?

Gunzilla12
October 25, 2012, 10:19 PM
I just have MGs kits. I don't like HG kits, I like to see details and articulation but I had never start with PG kits, I know that there is a few and the price is high but I WANT ONE!, I don't care the price, I want something big as godzilla. The truth is that I don't know anything about PG, I want your opinion on which should I start with :) thankyou!

D-Smith
October 25, 2012, 10:44 PM
MK.II is the best of the 4 i have snapped together. but there isn't any that will dissapoint so go with whats you like best and that fits your budget.

Shiro45
October 26, 2012, 8:55 AM
I would suggest MK-II as well, but it's a toss-up with the GP01...

Suzaku
October 26, 2012, 12:10 PM
I can't tell you which to get, but I can suggest NOT getting the Zeta or Wing Zero Custom as your first PG.

I hear really good things about the Mk. II and the GP01, though. I imagine the Mk. II would be the less complex of the two.

Shiro45
October 26, 2012, 12:13 PM
What was wrong with the Zeta? I thought it went together pretty well, the wiring wasn't too complex, and the transformation was remarkably solid...

Suzaku
October 26, 2012, 12:28 PM
Nothing's wrong with the Zeta--it's actually quite a nice PG. But it's also a bit more complex than a number of other ones. You get all the standard PG complexity, plus more for the extra wiring and added transformation gimmick. While it's a good kit, I wouldn't really recommend it for a first PG. A second PG, on the other hand....

Shiro45
October 26, 2012, 5:31 PM
Yeah, I hadn't thought of that, but you're right... If simplicity is a concern, then I'd say your pick of the MK-II for a first PG is right on the money...

ratfacedudeguy
October 26, 2012, 8:08 PM
I second the notion to avoid the Zeta as a first PG. If I had received a similar suggestion back before I purchased my first one, I'm sure the wait would have paid off and I would have ended up with a more refined finished product. Mk II and either of the Zakus would be a great choice for your first so you can get acquainted with the extra involvement that this grade of kits require.

D-Smith
October 26, 2012, 10:11 PM
I have the GP01, MK.II, WZC, and Red frame and i think the MK.II is the best for mind blowing detail and gimmicks in the frame. GP01.. well its the GP01 so its sick as hell but the inner frame being as its got swappable armor and a core fighter means, Yes those are really cool gimmicks but they take away from the frame being as stunning as the MK.II but still. red frame is comparable to the MK.II but something was lacking for me in the end.. and WZC idk its a beautiful kit especially at its price point but i think the MK.II decimates it still.

Zeta Gundam.... No experience with it but i know being a transformer i have heard its not all that great and personally i think the proportions are hanus.

In the end if you are going for just immense ammount of runners and parts and beautiful kit GP01.

If you are gonna want a mind blowing frame and thats what you appreciate and a still very beautiful kit then the MK.II is it

Or just do what i did and get them both ;)