PDA

View Full Version : New Kit Builder

EarthwormMatt
October 14, 2012, 11:12 PM
Hey everyone I'm Matt, and feel free to call me either Matt or Worm. I bought my first model kit yesterday and finished it tonight! I decided on the HGUC Unicorn Gundam in regular unicorn mode with the head base limited or what ever. i guess its a limited edition, but since im new to the kit building community i wanted to know if there were any tips, tricks or advice that anyone would like to give me. id take all the help i can get and any help you guys do offer would be much appreciated :D I'm glad to be apart of this community and cant wait to start building more kits in the Future :D

-Worm

jlara96
October 15, 2012, 1:42 AM
I've always thought about getting the HG unicorn but never had the chance to get it with me trying to complete my gundam OO collection. The one advice that I would give you is to try and be creative with the kits you get, this might be a little soon but try to paint it in a different color than its original scheme.

thwalker13
October 15, 2012, 12:20 PM
I started out doing just some small painted details. I'm doing more panel lining and those details now. And learning how to do custom paint jobs on kits. It's a learning process. My advice is pick up a lining marker and have fun in detailing and making your kits look much more awesome.

RX-78-2
October 15, 2012, 4:19 PM
Do I catch an earthworm jim reference in the name or is that just me

EarthwormMatt
October 15, 2012, 4:59 PM
Haha yes RX-78-2 that is of course an earthworm Jim reference lol! used to be my favourite TV show as a kid :)

EarthwormMatt
October 15, 2012, 5:01 PM
I started out doing just some small painted details. I'm doing more panel lining and those details now. And learning how to do custom paint jobs on kits. It's a learning process. My advice is pick up a lining marker and have fun in detailing and making your kits look much more awesome.

Yeah i do have a small tipped black Gundam Marker and i did detail a couple parts of my Unicorn gun dam and it is starting to look better, but you know being new and it being my first kit i do get concerned with screwing up :P but i guess it just takes patience, practice and time :D

thwalker13
October 15, 2012, 9:35 PM
That it does Matt. I've been building Gunpla for many years. And I learn a new trick with each and every kit I build. But, the best thing about a Gundam Marker like that. Is it just wipes right off if you do screw up a bit.