PDA

View Full Version : Thread Sorting System

alphachruch
October 6, 2012, 9:30 PM
I was on today and I realized that when I look for a new thread to post into it seems hard to find the ones i am looking for. I mean the default is set to put the most recently commented thread on top. Instead it would be better if there was a drop-down menu on the top that sorted the threads to: Popularity, Recent, Less Post, Most Posts, Least Views, Most Views, and Threads that your friends have posted on. Therefore people can find the thread that suits them most easily instead of looking through many pages of dead or uninteresting threads. Thank You.

Squee
October 6, 2012, 9:57 PM
It would probably be less messy if people commented on other threads instead of starting new threads just because they want to ask something. There must be at least 50 threads asking about how to paint. Then you have members posting threads in the wrong areas of the board. It really makes it hard to find older posts.

alphachruch
October 7, 2012, 3:43 AM
I'm not sure how that answers my question. Care to explain?

Exia
October 7, 2012, 3:56 AM
Guess you didn't just click around and find it by accident.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/dr34ms1nd1g1t4l/e4tye.png

When you enter this thread and see this pic, hit back and hit one of those. It'll do exactly what you're asking.

alphachruch
October 7, 2012, 3:58 AM
Lol I feel so dumb. But why can't there be an easier way. I mean I couldn't see that until you showed it to me. Which means there are other people who have also not noticed that. Why not make it more evident?

Exia
October 7, 2012, 4:07 AM
Because since I've been on internet forums the best way to view them is by the lastest post so as discuss current and relevant topics. And that is the easy way, it's a basic part of many forum designs.

Deathscythe!
October 7, 2012, 5:38 PM
http://www.gundamforums.com/forumdisplay.php/15-The-Ego-Zone-aka-The-Member-Model-Gallery?sort=views&order=desc

Damn, my first assembling has attained great success :D

alphachruch
October 7, 2012, 7:11 PM
i don't get it Deathscythe.