PDA

View Full Version : The Smell of Defeat

ratfacedudeguy
September 30, 2012, 3:50 PM
Well guys, it's official... As of now I've pillaged through each and every box on the basement of my parents' house and their storage unit, and it is with great sadness that I have pronounced my Perfect Grade Zeta and Gundam Mk ii gone without a trace. My only guess at this point is my dad threw them away when the basement flooded a year or two ago, but he won't come anywhere near to fessing up to it. Anyone else have something like this happen to them with their cherished gunpla kits?

Polaris Gundam
September 30, 2012, 4:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

I feel your pain bro.

It always sucks when your parents hold onto something for you and when you return for it....
Its gone or utterly destroyed.

It sucks man... there is no way to ease the loss of something so expensive and what you find precious.

but Hey Material things can be replaced...

Kenico
September 30, 2012, 4:59 PM
Agreed friend...Material things can be replaced, but it will take time. The colonies were not built in a day, agian it will take time to replace your Gunpla...It will be bitter work but the results will be worth it...

ItsVince725
September 30, 2012, 5:02 PM
My sister broke my MG Sword Impulse by throwing a stuffed animal at it and sending it flying.

:(

Suzaku
September 30, 2012, 5:12 PM
My NG 1/144 Wing kit (unbuilt) disappeared with its little Heero figure. Since those figures were only in one release of the kit, I've been unsuccessful tracking it down. I ordered a new kit from an Amazon seller, but it turned out to be a newer edition that didn't come with the figure.

ratfacedudeguy
September 30, 2012, 6:19 PM
Thanks for the replies and shared experiences friends. For me, the biggest disappointment isn't losing the kits themselves, for as you folks said, material possessions can and will be replaced. What can't be replaced, however, are the hours that I spent assembling the damn things. That's what's really got me so sour about the whole situation.

Gundamben831
September 30, 2012, 9:40 PM
it is painful, I too lost my PG Wing custom to a causality of destruction of age and just being moved around a lot (moved between three different houses) but as many will say "life goes on" I do plan on buying a second wing custom PG but I just don't know when that will be, only due to space/time and budget.

J-muss
September 30, 2012, 10:10 PM
I lost my entire set of all the gundam toys and model kits I collected as a kid. Not sure how many but overall between the two, probably close to 40+ kits/toys over the years. I have remnants of that still at my mom's house. Pretty sure she threw them away at some point, which is the cause of me losing all of them... I know I would never trash them.

Joe
September 30, 2012, 11:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr7_yD61vCM
I've been fortunate enough to have moved my collection 3 times now and not lost a single kit. Mainly because I AM THE ONLY ONE ALLOWED TO TOUCH THEM! *RAPID RAGGED DEEP BREATHING*

*slow stuttered deep breath*

*calm*

I pack them myself, carefully (all 400 and something kits) and they travel only in my car with me driving. If they are going to be lost or destroyed it will only be my fault because I will in fact go insane on someone if it was their fault.

Anytime someone experiences the loss of a model due to someone else's lack of care (whether on purpose or not) I always am reminded to the last 5 minutes or so of episode 8 of Genshiken.

thwalker13
October 1, 2012, 11:21 AM
Sorry to hear that man. But everyone is right. They can be replaced. But some times they just shouldn't have to be.

uncleremuslegend
October 1, 2012, 11:50 AM
at one point in life i had a similar happening, but now days stuff like that doesn't happen to me, even with a 6 and 8year old running around... they know the importance of not messing with dad's stuff... :thumbs: hope you are able to replace it soon, and on the bright side, at least you didn't have a bunch of hours of painting done to it or massive mods that would have been a shame, this way the you can re-familiarize yourself with the mk2 and make sure to clean those clip points on the first go around this time :)

ratfacedudeguy
October 1, 2012, 4:34 PM
The fact that you have paid such close attention to my posts has really made me smile. Thanks for that my friend.