PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have any contacts over at GSaM?

ratfacedudeguy
September 21, 2012, 1:45 PM
I sent GSaM an email this past weekend inquiring about the availability of some replacement parts for my brother's old (now mine since I built the damn thing!) PG Wing Zero Custom. I haven't heard anything back yet and I've been trying to call and use the online chat to get ahold of them but to no avail thus far. It's kind of surprising to me that it's proven so hard to contact them because my order from just 2 weeks ago was shipped lightning fast. Anyway, if anyone has contacts over there, a tickling of their collective ear would be very much appreciated, especially since I plan on salvaging and ultimately ordering more replacement parts for my PG Gundam Mk II.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gundamben831
September 21, 2012, 7:02 PM
oh the PG Wing Custom how I miss you thou, mine had a similar problem and I didn't know that you could replace the parts or buy replacement parts for older kits but sadly that beast of a project is nothing more now. Honestly I would just save yourself the trouble of trying to hunt down the spare parts and just save up and buy the pearl version, that's what I'm doing at least or plan on doing. The way how I look at it if a kit has been sitting on your shelf/display for years the plastic gets loose and brittle thus leading to broken parts. You also have to take into account that gunpla wasn't nearly as popular ten years ago as it is today so the quality of the plastic and engineering has gone up over the years. I'm not trying to lecture you on anything just giving my two cents towards this discussion.

ratfacedudeguy
September 21, 2012, 7:41 PM
Oh yeah, your input is much appreciated for sure. My thing is, I've never really been too much of a fan of Wing, so I'd rather not shell out all that money on the pearl version, even though the finish does look super slick.

The thing is rough though man. He needs the hip piece that holds the skirt armor in place, a new ankle joint, a new backpack, and a new connector piece for one of the wings. And I haven't even gotten started with how many hideous clip marks are literally all over him! You know what... Maybe starting over from scratch wouldn't be too bad of an idea lol.

I still want to get in touch with the GSaM folks to order a replacement leg joint for my PG MkII at the very least. I probably only got about a week's worth of enjoyment out of it before my little brother broke it while I was at school. It's been sitting in its box now for maybe 8 years or so, and I'd love to get him back in action.

Gundamben831
September 21, 2012, 8:19 PM
Oh yeah, your input is much appreciated for sure. My thing is, I've never really been too much of a fan of Wing, so I'd rather not shell out all that money on the pearl version, even though the finish does look super slick.

The thing is rough though man. He needs the hip piece that holds the skirt armor in place, a new ankle joint, a new backpack, and a new connector piece for one of the wings. And I haven't even gotten started with how many hideous clip marks are literally all over him! You know what... Maybe starting over from scratch wouldn't be too bad of an idea lol.

I still want to get in touch with the GSaM folks to order a replacement leg joint for my PG MkII at the very least. I probably only got about a week's worth of enjoyment out of it before my little brother broke it while I was at school. It's been sitting in its box now for maybe 8 years or so, and I'd love to get him back in action.
hmmm most of those parts I have since I broke mine down for a custom, I will have to look around and see what I still have left over and I will shoot you a pm with what I have that is still useful

thwalker13
September 21, 2012, 10:57 PM
I've found that if I call GS&M around 10:00am eastern time they pick up the phone every single time. As for email I normally get an email back within a couple of days. Either way, I hope that you find the parts that you need, hopefully Gundamben can help you out.

ratfacedudeguy
September 26, 2012, 1:21 AM
Well, I still haven't been able to reach anyone despite repeated phone calls, another email last week, and a voicemail left this afternoon...

ratfacedudeguy
September 26, 2012, 5:24 PM
Finally got ahold of them at 5pm eastern today. Apparently they just blew off my email because a paypal payment wasn't attached to it. The guy explained the logic behind it, and I understood where he was coming from and everything, but a follow up email telling me that I will not be given answers unless I honor the procedure of paying up front would have been awful nice.