PDA

View Full Version : F91 Vs The Unicorn

Gundamswag
September 18, 2012, 9:56 PM
Ok, so apparently the F91 is a newer model than the Unicorn and it is also very powerful, but it's hard to see that it would destroy the Unicorn. I mean, the Unicorn fucking raped the kshatriya without even breaking a sweat. Would the F91 really be able to defeat the Unicorn even if it is a newer model?

Zeon's RedComet
September 19, 2012, 12:48 AM
I'd say no, especially if the pilot of the F91 is a Newtype, if they're an old type (which would also be a tad useless in an F91 with the Bio-Computer, if it was an MP modle which IIRC didn't have one and was basically the same specs in Crossbone then maybe) then it would be faster, and it has firepower that is somewhat comprable to the Unicorn with it's VSBR's mainly in terms of it can keep fire going where as the beam Magnum which is a power house is pretty slow fireing compaired to those.

The F91 is also allarround more manuverable the Unicorn is for it's time and hell can give it a run for it's money in Destory mode.

TLDR I give the Unicorn the advantage...but in the right situation the F91 could also take the advantage.

The only thing in the future of the UC I can see outright giving the Unicorn a run for it's money is the V2. And even then the Unicorn could do some damage. The Gaia Gear may also lay some smack but it's well over a 100 years newer than the Unicorn and it's Non-Cannon.

Deathscythe!
September 19, 2012, 7:58 AM
If I recall correctly, I once found a discussion concerning this topic being discussed on YT. According to what I comprehended, Unicorn was supposed to surpass/transcend F91.

Zeon's RedComet
September 19, 2012, 7:22 PM
Well it depends on what we're compaireing...when it comes to manuverablity, I'd give it to the F91...unless NT-D is active then it's more or less the same...untill F91 activates the Bio-Computer and starts making insane speed levels, the thing left after images in it's wake.

Over all the Unicorn can hit like a fright train...and still be semi-fast to fast, but the F91 is limit breaking if need be when it comes to speed.

swark34
September 28, 2012, 7:54 AM
Hmmm i think this is a good battle. I havent watched '' F-91'' series but ive read up on it and it pretty impressive, but i'd have to say the Unicorn its armed so well with its destroy mode, and its Beam Magnum . The other question would be who is piloting these suits? But my money would be on the Unicorn

Polaris Gundam
September 28, 2012, 8:19 PM
It also depends on the Pilot.

But personally I'd Like to think the F-91 would own the Unicorn.
The F-91 is faster and it has the Afterimages and the Bio-computer! plus the F-91 is smaller so I figure it'd be harder to hit.

but the Unicorn is SO OP, I'm sure It would swat the F-91 out of the sky with one hit. :(
don't get me wrong. I love both suits but I'm more partial to the F-91.

Jae102
September 29, 2012, 4:42 PM
Depends on how powerful true unicorn mode is.

otogimaru
July 21, 2013, 1:08 PM
I'm think just because its a newer model doesn't necessarily mean its better, keeping in mind that f91 was created by a not so efficient federation at the time and was just a prototype like most gundams, while the Unicorn was a one of a kind (discounting the banshee) suit created by the powerful vist foundation with technology that's never been utilized like this since

RuinedExia18
July 21, 2013, 3:14 PM
If you think about this, it's like asking who would win in a fight between the original RX-78-2 Gundam or the Zeta Gundam. It's obviously the Zeta Gundam, because it's newer, faster, stronger. As time goes on, the basic standards for mobile suits increase, and in The series Zeta Gundam, even just a Rick Dias was more powerful than the good old RX-78-2. Due to the F91 being a newer suit, and like a whole freaking ton newer, I'd have to give this fight to the F91. Just it's basic stats in real time would annihilate the Unicorn. Also, the Unicorn's technology would be outdated in like 5 or 6 years after Unicorn happened, anyway. Just look at Hathaway's Flash.If the Unicorn Gundam was so amazingly great, why did they continue to create better, newer suits? That's because the Unicorn got outdated. It's normal for every suit and series. Like in 00 season two, when Exia took on an Ahead. Sure, it stood a chance, but it was so old and outdated that even if it was in full shape it couldn't have won (Unless he cheated by using Trans Am)
So what I'm getting at, is that F91 would annihilate it because it's an older Gundam.
but if they created a New Unicorn in the same time Zone as F91?
F91 is muffed.

Ginga Bishōnen
July 21, 2013, 3:19 PM
Gotta give it to the F91, mostly because Seabook Arno is the most skillful pilot in all of UC, and perhaps all of Gundam. Also, the VSBRs are one of the most underrated weapons in all of Gundam.

Deathscythe!
July 21, 2013, 3:53 PM
The F91 is stronger, better armed instantly, MUCH smaller, MUCH faster, it emits after images when producing excessive heat.

It is all that makes sense. Not only would it win, it'd devastate the Unicorn.

Jae102
July 21, 2013, 5:07 PM
The thing is the argument can be the Gundam Unicorn was made before F91 in the Gundam verse but when Gundam F91, Hathaways Flash, Victory Gundam they we're created before Gundam Unicorn was even thought of. If there was something like an NT-D, and Full Mobile Suit Psycoframe like the Unicorn why stop there the next generation should be better.

What I'm saying the F91 takes place after Unicorn in Gundam chronological time but Gundam Unicorn was created 10 years in our own time and Unicorn Gundam was even taken into consideration at the time of F91 development.

I'm not saying the Unicorn would win but it's just weird.

F91 is more versatile it's way more versatile than Unicorn it can fly, it's faster and it has decently powerful armaments but it's fire can't be compared to the Beam Magnums power that things destroyed suits by just grazing them.

Psyco Diver
July 21, 2013, 8:33 PM
Well the NT-D puts alot of strain on its pilot, you also have to conside a potential run-a-way Psycommu problem not to mention the feedback. Its not a very practical MS, the F91 is a practical MS where its advanced systems could be put into mass production, the Unicorn can't. It would take a skilled and powerful newtype to take advantage of the Unicorn abilities but other than the weapons and I-field, nothing about the Unicorn could be translated into a production MS

Jae102
July 21, 2013, 10:07 PM
Well the NT-D puts alot of strain on its pilot, you also have to conside a potential run-a-way Psycommu problem not to mention the feedback. Its not a very practical MS, the F91 is a practical MS where its advanced systems could be put into mass production, the Unicorn can't. It would take a skilled and powerful newtype to take advantage of the Unicorn abilities but other than the weapons and I-field, nothing about the Unicorn could be translated into a production MS

I agree with this the F91 is a mass porducation suit and a very powerful one at that. My thing is that why stop construction on Psycommu and Psycoframe? Why wasn't there a modern unicorn like suit or an advanced Unicorn like suit in the late UC? It's still a powerful weapon.

Psyco Diver
July 24, 2013, 4:59 PM
I agree with this the F91 is a mass porducation suit and a very powerful one at that. My thing is that why stop construction on Psycommu and Psycoframe? Why wasn't there a modern unicorn like suit or an advanced Unicorn like suit in the late UC? It's still a powerful weapon.

Because the strain it puts on the pilots, not to mention as I said before the possibility of a run-a-way psycommu or hell even its mention when pyschofields resonate they can cause all sorts of damage. Its probably expensive to produce and you can't fully control it because you can't always control a pilots will.

Zeon's RedComet
July 24, 2013, 9:56 PM
Yeah the Unicorn and the NT-D system provide fewer benefits than it does risks if you really look at it, it will serve no real long term productiveity in a Mass production suit assumeing you could mass produce it seeing as I doubt it would be cost effective, the Psyco frame it's self is though and has been in a few MP suits like the Zorin Soul.

But yeah something like the Bio Computer of the F91 is allot easier to produce, yes it requires a Newtype to tap into (the NT-D dosen't need a Newtype pilot per se but to really harness it it does) but the suit over all dosen't.

Also IIRC the F91 didn't enter full MP untill it was 10 or so years out of date allready, and even then it wasn't like it was a GM in terms of how Common it was it was reserved for the cream of the crop really. Still impressive they were even able to produce it as a command/ace type MS as it was a full on Gundam Level suit.

Metalic91
July 25, 2013, 12:44 AM
Perhaps the details of Unicorn 7 will shed some light onto why the psycho frame seems to have died out in the later UC, some of you who have watched F91, read Crossbone Gundam, and watched V gundam might notice that between F91 and V the emphasis on the newtype seems to disappear, so much so to the point that Uso being a newtype in V Gundam was treated like a ultimately special being as if a newtype was some unheard of phenomenon. I understand that newtypes are still few and far between but by the time V gundam rolls around you would think some of the more famous newtypes would have been well imbedded in history such as Amuro, Char, Haman, maybe Scirroco, certainly not to the point where they are mythical as V gundam would have you think.

Now that I think about it I think that seabook said there was minor psychoframe components in the F91 in the English dub version, i'll have to go back and watch it but that might have simply been something lost in translation, or my memory being bad again.

Also I think the F91 is the superior machine as it can easily defeat unicorn outside of NT-D mode and NT-D does not last very long and the F91 can simply outrun the Unicorn until the NT-D wears off, assuming there was a pilot who couldn't handle taking on the NT-D head on, if its Seabook vs Banager, Seabook is going to hand the unicorn over to Berah as a trophy.

Deathscythe!
July 25, 2013, 1:51 AM
Perhaps the details of Unicorn 7 will shed some light onto why the psycho frame seems to have died out in the later UC, some of you who have watched F91, read Crossbone Gundam, and watched V gundam might notice that between F91 and V the emphasis on the newtype seems to disappear, so much so to the point that Uso being a newtype in V Gundam was treated like a ultimately special being as if a newtype was some unheard of phenomenon. I understand that newtypes are still few and far between but by the time V gundam rolls around you would think some of the more famous newtypes would have been well imbedded in history such as Amuro, Char, Haman, maybe Scirroco, certainly not to the point where they are mythical as V gundam would have you think.

Now that I think about it I think that seabook said there was minor psychoframe components in the F91 in the English dub version, i'll have to go back and watch it but that might have simply been something lost in translation, or my memory being bad again.

Also I think the F91 is the superior machine as it can easily defeat unicorn outside of NT-D mode and NT-D does not last very long and the F91 can simply outrun the Unicorn until the NT-D wears off, assuming there was a pilot who couldn't handle taking on the NT-D head on, if its Seabook vs Banager, Seabook is going to hand the unicorn over to Berah as a trophy.

The Angel Halo in V Gundam was full of Newtypes.

Just saying.

Metalic91
July 25, 2013, 1:56 AM
Yet another inconsistency and confusion of newtypes in the late UC le sigh

Im surprised I forgot about that big one heh

katamuro
July 25, 2013, 6:11 AM
Plus the inconsistent level of technology. It is possible that between Unicorn, F91 and Victory there were periods when technology stalled or was lost so new gundams and suits were developed from the left overs.

Psyco Diver
July 25, 2013, 10:57 PM
Plus the inconsistent level of technology. It is possible that between Unicorn, F91 and Victory there were periods when technology stalled or was lost so new gundams and suits were developed from the left overs.

Unfortantly I can't explain that in a era context, its just F91 and Victory were written so far before that they could have not concieved of Unicorn. There is no explanation for the hole in technology except that when the federation collapsed it lost its ability to fund and produce psycho frame technology

Metalic91
July 25, 2013, 11:19 PM

What really confuses me is why they go from smaller more mobile units in F91 back to bigger bulkier units in V Gundam, it makes sense for the Zanscare because their suits are all unique in a design sense...although many of them seem extremely impractical like the grasshopper unit....the V2 had to be larger to accommodate the minovsky drive system since it was the first mobile suit to have a true minovsky drive as the power source, but the other units in that series, especially the ones the federation use at the end, it just doesn't make sense why they would still be using Jegans....also im pretty sure there are Jegans in G-Savior, curse that film and everything about it!, which takes place after V gundam

outamyhead
April 2, 2014, 6:15 PM
I think the Byarlant could ravage the F91, currently has more kills than the Unicorn in the whole series so far, and it was on screen for a minute something in total.

Psyco Diver
June 3, 2014, 2:04 PM
Well Unicorn is done now so shall we update this thread?

J-muss
June 3, 2014, 2:41 PM
F91 would win hands down. It weighs 3/10 that of the Unicorn and has a far better reactor meaning a hell of a lot more power and way more speed.

The F91 moves so fast it has the MEPE, even when the Unicorn is in Destroy Mode it doesn't do that so we know the F91 is faster.

The F91 has way better weapons. The VSBR's are similar to the beam magnum, except they have a higher rate of fire, more ammo... and there's two of them. Plus the F91's beam sabers, beam gun, and beam launcher to top it off. The beam shield would prevent any of the unicorns attacks and the F91 technically has two available. Plus they too can be used as weapons.

The Psycommu hijack system on the Unicorn would be useless on the F91 because of the Bio-Computer, of which is considered better then a Psycho Frame.

The F91 would dance around the Unicorn, force the NT-D to activate, run like hell for 5 minutes, NT-D shuts down the Unicorn and he would go in for the kill... done.

Ginga Bishōnen
June 3, 2014, 3:42 PM
F91 would win hands down. It weighs 3/10 that of the Unicorn and has a far better reactor meaning a hell of a lot more power and way more speed.

The F91 moves so fast it has the MEPE, even when the Unicorn is in Destroy Mode it doesn't do that so we know the F91 is faster.

The F91 has way better weapons. The VSBR's are similar to the beam magnum, except they have a higher rate of fire, more ammo... and there's two of them. Plus the F91's beam sabers, beam gun, and beam launcher to top it off. The beam shield would prevent any of the unicorns attacks and the F91 technically has two available. Plus they too can be used as weapons.

The Psycommu hijack system on the Unicorn would be useless on the F91 because of the Bio-Computer, of which is considered better then a Psycho Frame.

The F91 would dance around the Unicorn, force the NT-D to activate, run like hell for 5 minutes, NT-D shuts down the Unicorn and he would go in for the kill... done.

^^^ All of this, plus the F91 is much smaller, presents less of a target.

The F91's vastly superior speed and precise, shield-breaking weaponry (VSBR in penetrating mode can go thru I-Fields if I remember right) would win over Unicorn's superior strength and defense.

Hunter Darkwolf
June 5, 2014, 4:14 PM
^^^ All of this, plus the F91 is much smaller, presents less of a target.

The F91's vastly superior speed and precise, shield-breaking weaponry (VSBR in penetrating mode can go thru I-Fields if I remember right) would win over Unicorn's superior strength and defense.

Not always the better suit makes the winner it all depends on the pilot

Ginga Bishōnen
June 5, 2014, 5:27 PM
Not always the better suit makes the winner it all depends on the pilot

In that case.......the F-91 wins even more easily. Seabook Arno is the most underrated pilot in all of Gundam universe, especially if it is the version of him in the Crossbone Gundam manga, Kincaido Neu in the pilot's seat. That guy was a beast.

Ryutosuke
January 29, 2015, 10:54 PM
I'd give this to the F91. Being a mobilesuit made 27 years after the Unicorn and we all know how mobile suits get upgraded pretty fast in the UC timeline, F91 has superior speed and being a small gundam it's hard to hit. Even for a small gundam this guy has a lot of weapons. VSBRs that are able to penetrate beam shields and it has a beam launcher capable of destroying battle ships. If we also factor the pilots here, Seabook Arno is a really skilled pilot. He's a newtype and fought for a long time. In the Crossbone Gundam manga, he was a hell of a good pilot there.

Gundam_Asgard
January 29, 2015, 10:56 PM
Im gonna go F91. I mean, Unicorns most defining feature is prolly anti-funnels. F91 doesn't use that, far from its power. When you think about how much Sinanju could beat up on Unicorn, since its jsut high specs, good weapons, and good piloting, F91 could do so also.