PDA

View Full Version : No Love for HY2M Glorious Series Models?

ratfacedudeguy
September 17, 2012, 12:09 PM
Hey guys. I've noticed while browsing the boards that no one seems to be showing any sort of interest in the HY2M Glorious Series models. I know that the series as a whole is very limited, but to see the Gouf and the Rick Dom in all their 1/60 glory was definitely a triumphant moment for me, and several notable features are included in those kits. For one, you get an extensive lighting system on both kits. I believe the Rick Dom has a total of 19 lighted points! Second, the joints and much of the inner frame are made of die cast metal, and the major joints are made to allow you the ability to adjust the tension of the socket, so you get the benefit of extreme structural strength (comes in handy with the Rick Dom's bazooka) and flexibility to your liking. I'm surprised that no one else really talks about them since they're such awesome kits, and a really unique building experience!

So, anyone else have a HY2M kit? Perhaps one you'd like to show off? I have some pretty extensive cleanup to do on my Gouf and Rick Dom (mostly cleaning up snap marks), but as soon as they're in passable shape I'll be glad to share.

Joe
September 17, 2012, 1:35 PM
I've always wanted to get those Glorious kits, but I never can bring myself to spend that much money on just one kit. I always seem to go for multiple MG kits instead. It's the same reason I don't have an PG kits or the HGUC Dendrobium yet.

uncleremuslegend
September 17, 2012, 1:58 PM
i am interested in them, but like joe said in a nutshell 'i'd rather have more kits, than just one'. I am more interested in seeing these kits before your extensive cleanup, so we can see what they look like when still needing work, that gives a better view of what they actually look like, versus seeing what they can look like after being completed.

Ikaoru
September 17, 2012, 3:01 PM
1/60? Bit too big for me to enjoy. I have the NG 1/60 Exia and I'm overwhelmed with the size... I enjoy it to an extent but I prefer the 1/100 or 1/144 kits

ratfacedudeguy
September 17, 2012, 3:22 PM
i am interested in them, but like joe said in a nutshell 'i'd rather have more kits, than just one'. I am more interested in seeing these kits before your extensive cleanup, so we can see what they look like when still needing work, that gives a better view of what they actually look like, versus seeing what they can look like after being completed.

Alright then. If I have enough decent lighting when I get off of work tonight I'll try and snap a few pics. Really all I'm planning on doing for right now is cleaning up the clip marks, which are embarrasingly hideous lol. I've considered also completely finishing them with the decals and painting and such, but that probably won't be for a good while.

squeam
September 17, 2012, 4:58 PM
You all may be in luck, as I have the Rick-Dom Glorious Series AND have a week vacation next week to work on it. Want me to build it? (hmm, I really should do a video to let people vote on what I should build & review next week....)

uncleremuslegend
September 17, 2012, 5:04 PM
you can indeed squeam! i still want to see what his look like :)

Squee
September 17, 2012, 5:19 PM
Ive been very tempted to search for a gouf version. Especially since i found the custom shield resin parts instock lol. Very tempting.

ratfacedudeguy
September 17, 2012, 8:10 PM
Squeam, the Rick Dom has my vote for sure! If nothing else it'll be a refreshing new approach because of the extensive wiring.

Squee, you should definitely pursue that. It's priced lower than the Rick Dom and it's just a great looking kit. Though perhaps I'm a but biased because I've always had a soft spot for the Gouf, but I was thrilled when I found out about this kit.

Couldn't take any pics tonight because it was too dark when I got home and all my pics that I did take looked like poop. Shooting for tomorrow.

Squee
September 17, 2012, 8:34 PM
^I'm kind of pissed, i found a char dom w/ just the head snapped for 130 shipped... missed out on it.:sad:

ratfacedudeguy
September 18, 2012, 1:23 PM
Well, don't be too upset because that may have not been as easy of a fix as it sounds. The head is secured to the body by a screw fixture, and right next to that is a little opening for all the wiring to connect into the head. If the actual screw fixture or socket is what snapped, the kit may have been fubar at that point, but of course without seeing any pics I'm just speculating here.

uncleremuslegend
September 18, 2012, 1:47 PM
^I'm kind of pissed, i found a char dom w/ just the head snapped for 130 shipped... missed out on it.:sad:

think that meant that the head had been snapped together, not that parts had been snapped off

ratfacedudeguy
September 19, 2012, 8:25 PM
Oh my bad lol. In that case, yes, you should be sad. Very sad :P

Although that is kind of weird, because I'm pretty sure the legs come first in that particular kit. I know, I know. Going out of order is just thinking a little to far outside the box for me.

Gundamben831
September 19, 2012, 10:05 PM
I have a couple of the 1/100 LED heads if that counts?

Squee
September 20, 2012, 11:26 PM
remus got it right.

@GundamBen. I have a love/hate feeling towards the heads. I've bought a few sets. It bugs me that they make you stick the battery in but if you want to really remove the seam on the heads it has to be permanent. Drives me nuts!

Gundamben831
September 21, 2012, 12:31 AM
@ Squee yeah I'm the same way the only downside to those heads is that on some of the Zaku type you have to replace the whole neck collar in order to have the magnet in place for the head to activate since the switches are magnet activated. Another thing I dislike about them is that the life on those batteries are very short as in I only had them lit for maybe a total of 5 min tops just because I was checking them out and then turned them off but you think they are off but in fact it is draining that battery the moment its connected to that circuit =( so now I have two heads that are built and dead now because the damn batteries died.

Squee
September 21, 2012, 1:46 AM
At this point i prefer to wire up my own lighting and be done with it. Smaller diode, less invasive and i can put the battery somewhere else where it's easier to get to.