PDA

View Full Version : where in new york state can i buy gundams in-store?

ben30024
September 15, 2012, 2:59 PM
title says all.
i live in New york state, near Pennsylvania, and i really like gundam kits. i'm going to be getting my first 4 from amazon.com soon, but i don't like the markups and shipping costs.
does anyone know where in new york state i could buy gundams at a store?
thanks,
ben :)

Deathscythe!
September 15, 2012, 3:39 PM
To commence with, I do have to confess not being aware of any offering these products.

However, intending to purchase many kits at once, why don't you just reduce your costs, by getting availed by (e.g) www.HLJ.com ?

They may require longer to deliver your package, but it's still more deliberate to initate that action instead of compensating for any kit seperately.

That's my opinion regarding it.

Greetings from Germany.

ratfacedudeguy
September 15, 2012, 5:45 PM
Great recommendation there. HLJ is really fast when it comes to shipping. My last order arrived within 3-5 business days, and the private warehouse system is great for consolidating orders and saving on shipping costs. If you're not opposed to going to New York City, I know that there is a store there called Image Anime that seems to have a pretty good inventory which is also posted online. I'm pretty sure there are others in the area as I encountered one at this year's Otakon, but I didn't get their name or exact location.

ben30024
September 15, 2012, 6:15 PM
okay, i might try HLJ soon.
and i'm thinking of going to NYC osmetime soon, i'll check tha store out.
does it have a good selection of SDs?

Squee
September 15, 2012, 6:29 PM
If you're in the city, you can hit up Imageanime, you could go to chinatown and hit up the few stores left down there that sell kits. Mostly around Elizabeth street.

There is also forbidden planet located on 13th street that does stock a few gundams. If you head down st marks there is toy tokyo... but they're a complete ripoff.

If you don't mind the drive a bit north to Jersey, you can go to the Gundam Planet warehouse on the weekend and buy from there.

Image does not have a good selection of sd's. I've spoken with the owner and he's told me that unless someone asks for it they wont be ordering more as they never sell.

ben30024
September 15, 2012, 8:36 PM
okay, thanks!
but why did you specify the weekends for the warehouse?
is it only open then?

Squee
September 15, 2012, 9:46 PM
They only open up for shopping on the weekends i believe. Although he has hired new people to help ship and run the site, so they might open during the week.

Polaris Gundam
October 4, 2012, 1:36 AM
sigh... do you guys remember when We could go to Wal-mart or Target to get a model kit?
Those were good times.

Joe
October 4, 2012, 1:51 AM
HLJ is okay, but if you're going to spend over $100 on a haul anyway, order from R4L and use their free shipping on orders over $100. Plus you can enter a coupon in the shopping cart system to take $20 off of any order over $100 and still get the free shipping. coupon code: BUY100 (all caps, one word).

Over all the price would be less than ordering from HLJ. Shipping from Japan is a killer.

J-muss
October 4, 2012, 2:25 AM
HLJ is okay, but if you're going to spend over $100 on a haul anyway, order from R4L and use their free shipping on orders over $100. Plus you can enter a coupon in the shopping cart system to take $20 off of any order over $100 and still get the free shipping. coupon code: BUY100 (all caps, one word).

Over all the price would be less than ordering from HLJ. Shipping from Japan is a killer.

Can you order stuff that is out of stock and have it shipped to you once it is restocked? I wouldn't mind taking advantage of free shipping, 20$ off and being able to order the kits that are always out of stock(Jesta).

uncleremuslegend
October 4, 2012, 11:38 AM
there are 2 stores in NYstate for hobbytown. they stock gunpla fairly regularly, and the prices may seem a bit high, but then again, you don't have to pay for shipping. it all comes out in the wash within 2-5dollars per kit over and sometimes under all the seemingly 'good prices' you see on amazon/ebay. just my $0.02. one in albany and one in nanuet. http://www.hobbytown.com/StoreLocator/

ben30024
October 4, 2012, 5:56 PM
thanks guys, when i go on a trip to NY in the future, i will check out those stores.
but fir now i;ll stick to amazon and robot4less

Joe
October 4, 2012, 9:52 PM
If you e-mail R4L they will sometime let you order out of stock items if they know they will get them in quick.

ruiyongcx
June 4, 2016, 2:23 PM
New store in brooklyn, name ru yong hobby
www.ruiyonghobby.com