PDA

View Full Version : Shiro's completed kits

Shiro45
September 14, 2012, 9:07 PM
Finally getting this started after a couple months...

My first project since coming back to the hobby has been to complete the RX-78-2 Ver. Ka that I had begun to assemble when it was first released. I just did basic panel-lining, water-slide decals, (stickers are the bane of my existence), and a flat top-coat... I still need to take pictures with it's shield and beam rifle, but these are enough for now...

Anyway, I welcome any constructive criticism (or even flames since they make me laugh), so feel free to comment... :-)

Right now I'm working on the RG RX-78-2, but the decals are going to take me quite a while... :-/

thwalker13
September 15, 2012, 11:40 AM
Frankly I don't have any criticism. Your Gundam looks awesome man.

squeam
September 15, 2012, 2:04 PM
Looks great to me, too! I actually do not possess the Gundam ver. Ka; what are your thoughts on it?

Shiro45
September 15, 2012, 2:14 PM
It looks good, but it has it's problems... There is ZERO internal frame and no internal detail. The shield has no handle, so it being fused to the side or rear of the fore-arm is the only option, and it's hard to pose the arm so that the shield isn't scraping against the shoulder... :-/

All-in-all, outstanding aesthetics, but with some issues...

Shiro45
September 19, 2012, 8:29 PM
Thanks for the replies, BTW! I thought I'd post the last couple pics with the shield and beam rifle included...

As an epilogue, I'd like to sing the highest praises for the water-slide decals by Bandai for this kit. They were absolutely amazing to work with... No tearing at all, and invisible borders after a semi-gloss and two flat coats... :-)