PDA

View Full Version : What Was Your First Gunpla?

Gundamswag
September 13, 2012, 9:41 AM
I was thinking of my first one and was wondering if any of you had any interesting ones as well. Back when Cartoon Network was showing War In the Pocket on "Saturdays", I took a liking to the Kampfer and Hygogg. I don't remember which store, but they were selling those exact models (the 1/144 no grades). I can't remember which one that I built first, but I want to say the Hygogg. And both of them looked like shit when they were completed. lol The instructions told me to paint them and I was like wtf is this crap? lol

Kenico
September 13, 2012, 9:44 AM
My First Gupla was a HG OO Raiser. sadly it was almost a total blunder and nearly made me quit Gunpla altogether (it is also the reason why i didnt exactly warm up to hgs for a while)...but thankfully the MG NT-1 Alex Gundam changed that real quick.

thwalker13
September 13, 2012, 10:10 AM
Mine was a 1/144 none grade Epyon. Back when Toys R' Us was selling Gunpla kits. I still have it to this day. Some times I like to look at it and my new kits and see just how far I've really come when it comes to this hobby.

Asterisk
September 13, 2012, 10:54 AM
An old 1/144 Virsago Chestbreak from Gundam X. I didn't know Wing was a alt-universe series at the time, so I thought some time later in the series, the Epyon, Altron and Heavyarms were combined.

Deathscythe!
September 13, 2012, 10:57 AM
Listed on page 2, nobody is expected to encounter difficulties, if performing investigation concerning it.

http://www.gundamforums.com/forumdisplay.php/15-The-Ego-Zone-aka-The-Member-Model-Gallery/page2?order=desc

SilverFrameAstray
September 13, 2012, 10:57 AM
A 1/100 NG Red Frame Astray. One of our members and a really good friend of mine, red, actually got me into gundam. The day I built it I posed it outside with the 1/100 he had built recently at the time which was RX-78. I think I still have the pictures somewhere.

Squee
September 13, 2012, 11:37 AM
1/100 F91 MSV Vigna Zera

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig02/10024412.jpg

I still have it in a bin with other kits for parts. XD

Dlinker
September 13, 2012, 11:57 AM
I started with the HG Age-1 Normal. Took me a full week and a half because I was overly careful with nub removal (which I still messed up on) and tried to do some sanding (which didn't work out too well), then tried to cover everything up with markers and that didn't work out well either. Still, it looks okay and I enjoy playing it with it due to how posable it is.

Suzaku
September 13, 2012, 12:38 PM
1/144 Altron from Funcoland. Because DRAGON!

Ikaoru
September 13, 2012, 12:48 PM
I started with 1/144 HG Deathscythe Hell (or was is Nataku) waaay back in the 90s

The Madcap
September 13, 2012, 1:54 PM
First Gunpla: NG 1/144 Gundam Maxter. This was back when Toys R Us still had them.
First HG: Gyan. I got it because the only Gunpla my local model shop had were it, the HGUC Zeong, some old MSV kits from the 1980s, and the EMSIA ZZ Gundam.
First 1/100: Wing Zero Custom. When said model shop went out of business, they put some stuff they had lying around in the back out for sale. One of thses things was the HG 1/100 Wing Zero Custom. They were selling it at a really low price, since the instructions were missing. This was back when I still though it looked cool, so I bought it and attempted to build it without them. I messed up pretty bad. I thought the wings were supposed to go into the grooves where you put those macine guns it has on it's shoulders, but I couldn't figure out how, so I glued them in.
First SD: Shibai Sazabi.
First and so far only MG: Crossbone X1. I got it for Christmas one year. I wanted it since it was the only Crossbone available. This was before I started putting effort into my Gunpla so it didn't turn out great.
First RG: Mk II Titans colors. My favorite model I own.

Gundamswag
September 14, 2012, 11:18 PM
My first MG was exia, and my first high grade was the gabthley. :D

Exia
September 14, 2012, 11:29 PM
My first was a NG 1/144 Sandrock, that I bought from GSAM. That was my first purchase there and my first gundam model.

ratfacedudeguy
September 17, 2012, 11:56 AM
1/144 Altron from Funcoland. Because DRAGON!

FUNCOLAND!!!!! I forgot about that place dude, that's so awesome!

My first Gunpla I'm pretty sure was a HG Gouf. I think I was in 4th grade at the time, so that would be 1999 or so.

My first 1/100 kit was the NG gold Sumo. I pretty much freaked out at how big it was, which is lol'able by my standards today.

I think my first SD kit was Double X, or perhaps Dendrobium.

And my first PG kit was Zeta. I remember how blown my mind was at the sheer number of parts, level of detail, and the inclusion of several light-up points. Looking back I probably shouldn't have started out with such a hard kit because it came out far from perfect.