PDA

View Full Version : RG Justice Questions.

Rhythm
September 4, 2012, 11:42 PM
Hi, so I just recently went back to Gunpla after a couple years of hiatus, and I'm about to buy my first RG kit. I've been watching video reviews of every RG model released so far, and one big problem that I've really noticed that this line seems to suffer with is that it's very flimsy. The parts seem loose, and can easily fall off; Rrobbert184's RX-78-2 review was painful to watch because it felt like a part fell off every couple of seconds. The joints look pretty loose as well. The freedom gundam could barely hold it's beam rifle up in his video review, and the thumbs on both hands actually broke (pretty easily). Though on the bright side, Bandai seems to keep improving on the line's quality with each release, and the newer ones don't seem to suffer much from parts falling off left and right as the older ones (especially the RX-78-2) did.

So how sturdy is the RG Justice? Do parts still easily fall off? How flimsy are the parts, and will this guy's thumbs easily break off like the RG Freedom's? Is the figure, in general loose? The MK-II from what I've seen, seems to suffer from a loose hip joint. I'm still gonna buy it, but I'd rather come in knowing the RG Line's main flaws hasn't been completely dealt with, than have my expectations shattered when I end up with a kit that has parts falling off of it even when performing a simple aerial pose. I understand they've only released a handful of the RG kits, and ironing out issues and perfecting it takes time. I'm just really hoping these main issues I mentioned have been addressed in this newest RG kit, even they've only improved on it a little. Thanks guys.

Squee
September 4, 2012, 11:51 PM
Don't knock the MK II lol, i built that kit and it was perfect imo! The only downside i had to it was the bazookas holder. It tends to open and not stay snug around the bazooka. I never take what youtube reviewers say about kits. These are MODEL Kits, not toys. If something falls off alot, glue it on.

The only thing you have to worry about building it is how tiny the parts are. Just be careful and you should be fine. If you're taking parts off, put them in a container of some kind to make sure they don't fall on the floor etc.

Dlinker
September 5, 2012, 1:03 AM
The hands might still be pretty fragile, but that's expected considering how small they are. If the RG Aile Strike is any indication, there should be very little that's loose with the kit. I have the RG Aile Strike and I've been changing its poses often, had it accidentally dropped from a few feet onto semi-hard carpet (losing the small square wrist piece for the left hand in the process), and swapped accessories back and forth several times. The only thing that's sort of loose is the foot. Everything else is as tight as the day I built it.

squeam
September 5, 2012, 6:40 AM
My RG Aile Strike is quite solid, with only the backpack connection being atrifle loose. My RG Freedom is even more solid - I have had NO issues with it holding its weapons or breaking or whatever. RG RX-78-2 was the first in a brand new line and, as such, would be expected to have the most problems. But it seems Bandai has only been improving these kits and I have seen no real complaints about RG Justice; on the contrary, all I've seen is raving about what a wonderful kit it is. I say BUY IT!

thwalker13
September 5, 2012, 7:15 AM
I have the RG Freedom, Aile Strike, and the Mk.II Titans and none of them have any loose joints. And to be honest, I haven't had a single part fall off yet. As long as you're careful in your posing and take your time with them, you won't have any issues. I will say that some of parts, being so small, are easily broken. Either during posing or construction. So just take your time, be careful, and you won't have problems at all.

Rhythm
September 5, 2012, 8:36 AM
My RG Aile Strike is quite solid, with only the backpack connection being atrifle loose. My RG Freedom is even more solid - I have had NO issues with it holding its weapons or breaking or whatever. RG RX-78-2 was the first in a brand new line and, as such, would be expected to have the most problems. But it seems Bandai has only been improving these kits and I have seen no real complaints about RG Justice; on the contrary, all I've seen is raving about what a wonderful kit it is. I say BUY IT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgAXAUpS8TE

The Freedom's flaws starts showing up at 3:38 onwards. I was surprised to see it not being fully able to hold that rifle up, considering that it's not even that big and heavy *that's what she said*. So you're not dealing with any of these problems? I might end up picking this kit up too, then. :eek:

Gundamswag
September 5, 2012, 1:06 PM
I plan on making the rg justice my first rg and will be building it in mid october. I cannot wait. Good choice sir.