PDA

View Full Version : Worst Gundam Series Ever

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Kenico
July 16, 2011, 11:09 PM
What is in your own opinions the worst and i mean WORST series ever made?

:evil: G!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zeta-G
July 16, 2011, 11:17 PM
What is in your own opinions the worst and i mean WORST series ever made?

:evil: G!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easy, G-Saviour. Some of the other Gundam entries had their bad moments, but none were as consistently bad as G-Saviour. That said, G-Saviour was still enjoyable in that so-bad-it's-good-cheap-scifi-made-for-tv-movie kind of way, just don't go into it looking at it as a Gundam movie. If you want an actual TV series, Wing would be it, since it's consistently "meh".

*holds tongue regarding Kenyon's opinion of G, while silently fuming*

Kenico
July 16, 2011, 11:33 PM
What do you have against Wing dude?

Zeta-G
July 17, 2011, 12:05 AM
What do you have against Wing dude?

I don't dislike Wing, but, comparatively speaking, it's full of flat, simplistic characters (Treize aside) running around in a bunch of ridiculously overpowered suits with very few actual enemy aces (Treize and Zechs are about it, since Noin sticks with the Gundam pilots for the most part). I don't hate or even dislike the series, but, as a collective whole, it is not as good as other Gundam TV shows (bear in mind that I have only read summaries for ZZ, Victory, X, and Turn A, since they haven't been released here [not yet, at least]). Even SEED and Destiny (which have some episodes that sink below Wing's worst) are better overall, due to aces, better character development, and some truly top rank episodes. Wing will always be important in that it is what introduced many of us in the west to Gundam, but it is fairly simplistic for a Gundam show. I brought up many of these complaints (and more, I'm sure) in an earlier thread (http://www.gundamforums.com/showthread.php/65-Which-Gundam-anime-timeline-had-the-weakest-writing-overall).

ItsVince725
July 17, 2011, 12:12 AM
Victory is the only Gundam series I've ever just given up on, so...that.

Kenico
July 17, 2011, 12:22 AM
@ Zeta-G: Character wise granted that merit. But Storywise?

Zeta-G
July 17, 2011, 12:25 AM
@ Zeta-G: Character wise granted that merit. But Storywise?

Simplistic, quickly done, "meh" quality summation of early UC. Read my earlier thread, then get back to me, if you need more of an explanation.

Kenico
July 17, 2011, 12:33 AM
@ Zeta-G: characterwise granted on that merit, but Storywise?
Note: that ever character was shallow in that they had a suicidal mentaility to them except Duo and Qatre

Zeta-G
July 17, 2011, 12:40 AM
It's a poor clone of early UC's story. Everything seems too rushed, there's very little dramatic tension due to the lack of aces, and the romances are weird and poorly done, even by Gundam standards.

Kenico
July 17, 2011, 12:48 AM
Granted. but please let us all not forget it for being the first to introduce us to the universe> (But G is still evil LOL).

Zeta-G
July 17, 2011, 12:58 AM
Granted. but please let us all not forget it for being the first to introduce us to the universe. . .

That would be nostalgia talking. When I'm asked a question such as "what was the best/worst entry of franchise x, I try to answer the question objectively, without allowing things like nostalgia to get in the way.

Tell us, why do you think G is the worst?

Kenico
July 17, 2011, 1:36 AM
Well for one thing: the Horrible story. i mean Seriously? A haywired Ai turning a beastly gundam into a bad guy and its based on tournament gladitorial fighting? Now the mecha designs are alright il give it that(Except Maxter with the boxing gloves). And another thing, Sterotypical Characters. Chibbodee Crockett? Are you kidding me! Seriously! and the pilots having to call out their attacks? gimme a break! Id rather have cheap monologues and chessey one liners than that! and the romance scene at the end of the series (when domo proclaims his love to Rain)? SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOORRRRRRNNNNYYYY! i could give more but let me get back to you on that one.

PS- concerning Wing... Yeah that was nostalgia talkin.

Zeta-G
July 17, 2011, 2:21 AM
Well for one thing: the Horrible story. i mean Seriously? A haywired Ai turning a beastly gundam into a bad guy and its based on tournament gladitorial fighting? Now the mecha designs are alright il give it that(Except Maxter with the boxing gloves). And another thing, Sterotypical Characters. Chibbodee Crockett? Are you kidding me! Seriously! and the pilots having to call out their attacks? gimme a break! Id rather have cheap monologues and chessey one liners than that! and the romance scene at the end of the series (when domo proclaims his love to Rain)? SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOORRRRRRNNNNYYYY! i could give more but let me get back to you on that one.

PS- concerning Wing... Yeah that was nostalgia talkin.

You do know that G is a super robot (as opposed to real robot) show, right? G Gundam was made to celebrate Gundam's 15th anniversary; G Gundam represents what robot shows were like before first Gundam came along, and the over the top cheesiness is an intentional part of the show. It was never intended to be taken seriously. UC, it is not.

As far as Domon and Rain go, rewatch the series, their relationship is one of the best developed romances in all of Gundam (granted, that's not saying much).

Personally, I enjoy G Gundam's absurdity, and I like the show quite a bit (as do quite a few people here). There's a difference between a show (say, Destiny) where the staff is aiming to do something in a style that appeals to you personally (say, Zeta) but they end up falling short, and a show (G) whose staff is successful in its plan to do something in a style that doesn't necessarily appeal to you (that of the 70s era super robot shows). Nevertheless, you are entitled to your opinion, just please keep in mind that it was never intended to be a traditional series, when you judge it.

Exia
July 17, 2011, 2:58 AM
Mobile Suit Gundam. 43 episodes that took 4 days to watch. I basically forced myself to watch it. I usually watch a gundam series from episode 1 till I get tired and go to sleep. I found the story to be boring and so full of suck it wasn't funny. Just because it's the start of a franchise doesn't mean it gets an automatic pass as to being a good show. But that's just me.

Kenico
July 17, 2011, 3:41 AM
Oh! i almost forgot: the other thing that irritated me about G is those rubber suites! what is this a swimsuit contest?! now it is good idea for a control scheme in future series, but do you really want a skin tight rubber suit? now escaflowne did the using of the body as a control for the mech, but they made it either organic or look like a suit of armor(ill have to resee it) but yes i agreee it was supposed to look rediculous. before this gets outta hand, lets agree to disagree and find a gundam series that makes G look like gold (Say SD Gundam Force?).

Exia
July 17, 2011, 3:52 AM
Oh! i almost forgot: the other thing that irritated me about G is those rubber suites! what is this a swimsuit contest?! now it is good idea for a control scheme in future series, but do you really want a skin tight rubber suit? now escaflowne did the using of the body as a control for the mech, but they made it either organic or look like a suit of armor(ill have to resee it) but yes i agreee it was supposed to look rediculous. before this gets outta hand, lets agree to disagree and find a gundam series that makes G look like gold (Say SD Gundam Force?).

Those "rubber suits" were G Gundam's version of a pilot suit. I'd rather just get into my mobile suit and have it put my pilot suit on me than run to the locker room and race to get it on while getting attacked.

Zeta-G
July 17, 2011, 5:10 AM
I'd rather pretend that SDGF doesn't exist. That's one godawful show, even when you take its target audience (very young children) into account.

Ghost shepperd
July 17, 2011, 6:19 AM
SDGF is like someone took a POOP on my chest and stained the good name of gundam.A baboon could have thrown a POOPY pile better than this to the veiwers.and wtf is the deal with that STUPID kid and those FLIPPIN midget gundams.

Kenico
July 17, 2011, 6:41 AM
@Ghost shepperd: Yes! I agree with you Fully!
@Zeta G: You know what? Im gonna take back that i believe G is the worst(But its still the most annoying). I now believe SDGF is the worst (and the most embarassing) Gundam series of them all!

PS: Again @ Zeta G, granted Wing had a terrible storyline and some generic characters (and even i had to admit they all started to sound in same monotone), but you got to admit it had some very cool mecha designs. And my personal favorite scene is not even from the TV series. Do you remember the followup movie Endless waltz? I you answer yes, do you remember the scene where Heero Blasts his way into the bunker? My favorite part out of that scene is the following dialouge right after Heero inquires of the Bunkers secure structure:
-marimeha-Of Course it is! Just see how powerless you really are!
-Heero-....Roger that
-marimeha Gasps
-Zero Fires at center of Bunker
Note: im paraphrasing if i got this wrong, but seriously how badass is that?

Those "rubber suits" were G Gundam's version of a pilot suit. I'd rather just get into my mobile suit and have it put my pilot suit on me than run to the locker room and race to get it on while getting attacked.

OOh! weird thought.....If you were to redesign the MTS to look like a suit of armor, what would you draw? if you can draw somthin like that, could you post it up on this thread? just askin. and yes touche for your argument.

BTW: In case i wasnt clear in my last post, i believe the worst Gundam series ever was SDGF

Zechs36
July 17, 2011, 11:04 AM
I know I'm probably gonna receive A LOT of flack for this, but IMO, anything with SEED in the title. The original SEED was nothing more than a horrible re-hash of the original MSG. The suits are WAY WAY WAY overpowered, the characters (especially Jesus Beam-Spamming Yamato) whined more than Amuro and Kamille put together (and trust me, that's ALOT!), and stock footage used over and over and over. And in Destiny, they even went so far as to actually use suits from the original series (Zakus, Doms, Goufs) and put their own horrible spin on them. That Blaze Orange Zaku hurt my eyes and brain so much that I actually laughed when he bought the farm. Seriously, my first thought when that happened was "Thank God that abomination went boom!" Then they even stole the Black Tri-Stars signature move, the Jet Stream Attack and completely messed that up. I'm not saying the original MSG is the best, I'm just saying... "Respect your elders".

Ok, I'm off my soap box now. </rant>

GNzaku0023
July 17, 2011, 11:06 AM
I know I'm probably gonna receive A LOT of flack for this, but IMO, anything with SEED in the title.

Someone hasn't seen stargazer.

Kenico
July 17, 2011, 11:22 AM
I know I'm probably gonna receive A LOT of flack for this, but IMO, anything with SEED in the title. The original SEED was nothing more than a horrible re-hash of the original MSG. The suits are WAY WAY WAY overpowered, the characters (especially Jesus Beam-Spamming Yamato) whined more than Amuro and Kamille put together (and trust me, that's ALOT!), and stock footage used over and over and over. And in Destiny, they even went so far as to actually use suits from the original series (Zakus, Doms, Goufs) and put their own horrible spin on them. That Blaze Orange Zaku hurt my eyes and brain so much that I actually laughed when he bought the farm. Seriously, my first thought when that happened was "Thank God that abomination went boom!" Then they even stole the Black Tri-Stars signature move, the Jet Stream Attack and completely messed that up. I'm not saying the original MSG is the best, I'm just saying... "Respect your elders".

Ok, I'm off my soap box now. </rant>

There, There Zechs36......We'll take you to the chopping block later.....or maybe to the Gallows.....or the Fireing squad depending on whos open (All jokes) LOL:evil::D

GNzaku0023
July 17, 2011, 12:21 PM
I honestly have a love hate relationship with SEED/Destiny. Yes I hate Kira(and lacus) and his beam spamming madness, and yes I hate that the writer's wife screwed it all up, but SEED had some awesome MS designs, some good characters, (Athrun, Mwu La Fraga, Dearka, Yzak, ect) and despite stock footage being used to it's fullest, some of the fight scenes weren't all that bad. Idk, that's just my bit on it. I don't hardcore hate SEED/Destiny like many others, but I don't love it to death either. Just somewhere in between. (But Stargazer was A M A Z I N G)

StarDrifter
July 17, 2011, 12:27 PM
I'm gonna have to go with SEED. Sure, there were great designs and amazing characters, butthere were too many things that turned me off about it. The story is is poorly written at times, and the development of characters is essentially null and void. The character designs are rediculous, and the endless series of flashbacks and stock footage is irritating.

Now, I don't hate SEED, but it is my personal "worst" Gundam series. Granted, I haven't seen Victory, X, and Turn A, and I haven't seen Wing in almost seven years, I'm still gonna pick SEED.

Kenico
July 17, 2011, 12:35 PM
........, and the endless series of flashbacks and stock footage is irritating.

I like SEED, But when it comes to what youve mentioned, hell yes it was irritating and was mercilessly abused! (if im not mistaken)

GNzaku0023
July 17, 2011, 12:53 PM
In all honesty, I'd have to say Victory Gundam was probably the worst I've seen, and I've literally seen every gundam series that's been animated. Victory irked me to no end and Tomino (like with Ideon) lived up to his "Kill em All" rep. Not only that, but after reading up on everything that went on with Victory, I can see why. Tomino had been feeling pressure from Bandai and Sunrise, and rumored to have even fallen into depression.

While the story follows a somewhat linear progression, but there are things that just jump all over the place (back stories were the worst). I don't want to spoil anything major, but prepare for frustration and possible ragequit if you ever watch Victory gundam.

Zechs36
July 17, 2011, 2:32 PM
I may have come across a little harsh on SEED (and no, I haven't seen Stargazer in its entirety). I will say there is one series that I think is an even worse abomination; and that title belongs to SD Gundam Force. The original SD Gundam back from the 80's was hilarious (look it up on youtube), but the kiddy SDGF just made me want to beat myself to death using a herring. I'm working through Turn A right now and all things considered it's not too bad. I'm not ranking it among my top Gundam series (mainly because I haven't finished it and want to reserve judgment until such time) but it's not bad. As for Victory, yeah I couldn't finish it either but it's not the worst IMO.

Zeta-G
July 17, 2011, 2:37 PM
@Ghost shepperd: Yes! I agree with you Fully!
@Zeta G: You know what? Im gonna take back that i believe G is the worst(But its still the most annoying). I now believe SDGF is the worst (and the most embarassing) Gundam series of them all!

PS: Again @ Zeta G, granted Wing had a terrible storyline and some generic characters (and even i had to admit they all started to sound in same monotone), but you got to admit it had some very cool mecha designs. And my personal favorite scene is not even from the TV series. Do you remember the followup movie Endless waltz? I you answer yes, do you remember the scene where Heero Blasts his way into the bunker? My favorite part out of that scene is the following dialouge right after Heero inquires of the Bunkers secure structure:
-marimeha-Of Course it is! Just see how powerless you really are!
-Heero-....Roger that
-marimeha Gasps
-Zero Fires at center of Bunker
Note: im paraphrasing if i got this wrong, but seriously how badass is that?
. . .
Endless Waltz (and that scene in particular) was just awesome. With that said, it also seriously screwed with Wing's continuity due to Katoki's redesigns replacing Okawara's as the "true" versions.

There, There Zechs36......We'll take you to the chopping block later.....or maybe to the Gallows.....or the Fireing squad depending on whos open (All jokes) LOL:evil::D
Why wait? Let's take him now... ;)

I honestly have a love hate relationship with SEED/Destiny. Yes I hate Kira(and lacus) and his beam spamming madness, and yes I hate that the writer's wife screwed it all up, but SEED had some awesome MS designs, some good characters, (Athrun, Mwu La Fraga, Dearka, Yzak, ect) and despite stock footage being used to it's fullest, some of the fight scenes weren't all that bad. Idk, that's just my bit on it. I don't hardcore hate SEED/Destiny like many others, but I don't love it to death either. . .

I agree with this part, although I must say that Destiny (well, Destiny up to and including Kira getting impaled) was one of my favorite Gundam series.

Kenico
July 17, 2011, 2:59 PM
I have a confession to make: Besides some other reasons the one true reason i like SEED/Destiny is the utiliztion of Anti ship swords. you see im a bit of a sword geek(meaning im crazy about swords. the phrase, "i love swords"would be a GROSS understatement) and i like the way they took the physical sword gig, but gave it what i like to call a plasma cutting blade. my personal favorite design is the Excalibur style of antishp swords that force impulse(when he used it to impale freedom *sorry to bring that up Zeta G*) and Sword Impulse Gundam used in the Destiny series. For those who dont know this concept of a physical bladed weapon as the primary melee weapon of a mech was used in the original MSG but spariingly (Examples: ZakuII's Heat Hawk, Gouf's Heat Saber, Gouf Custom*from the 08th MS Team* physical blade stored in its shield,etc.). but to be honest with you, when i saw OO and both exia and OO use physical swords i was VERY IMPRESSED. Granted not Anti ship swords like the ones from SEED, but just as ballsy. and if any one says that OO is the worst of the worst will feel the wrath of my SHINING FINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Face opens up; hand explodes into a fiery green; lunges toward victim*LOL

Zeta-G
July 17, 2011, 3:10 PM
I have a confession to make: Besides some other reasons the one true reason i like SEED/Destiny is the utiliztion of Anti ship swords. you see im a bit of a sword geek(meaning im crazy about swords. the phrase, "i love swords"would be a GROSS understatement) and i like the way they took the physical sword gig, but gave it what i like to call a plasma cutting blade. my personal favorite design is the Excalibur style of antishp swords that force impulse(when he used it to impale freedom *sorry to bring that up Zeta G*) and Sword Impulse Gundam used in the Destiny series. . .

Nothing to apologize to me about. I'm the biggest Kira hater on this forum. I wanted him to die when Shinn gutted the Freedom (and he would have too if not for that meddling plot armor).

squeam
July 17, 2011, 3:24 PM
SEED's merits cannot outweigh it's travesties. My personal vote for worst goes to G-Saviour.

If one were to look around this forum, they would find a nice little Gunpla homage to Freedom facing the Anti-Ship Sword....

Kenico
July 17, 2011, 3:24 PM
@ Zeta-G:Hope you caught the Shining finger joke at the end of that sentence

Zeta-G
July 17, 2011, 3:30 PM
@ Zeta-G:Hope you caught the Shining finger joke at the end of that sentence

Of course. And for the record I like Destiny in the same way one loves a big action movie. I don't look at it like it's the second coming (of Zeta) or anything.

squeam
July 17, 2011, 3:41 PM
Of course. And for the record I like Destiny in the same way one loves a big action movie. I don't look at it like it's the second coming (of Zeta) or anything.

Michael Bay Gundam?

ItsVince725
July 17, 2011, 3:42 PM
In all honesty, I'd have to say Victory Gundam was probably the worst I've seen, and I've literally seen every gundam series that's been animated. Victory irked me to no end and Tomino (like with Ideon) lived up to his "Kill em All" rep. Not only that, but after reading up on everything that went on with Victory, I can see why. Tomino had been feeling pressure from Bandai and Sunrise, and rumored to have even fallen into depression.

While the story follows a somewhat linear progression, but there are things that just jump all over the place (back stories were the worst). I don't want to spoil anything major, but prepare for frustration and possible ragequit if you ever watch Victory gundam.

For me it was more like depression quit, because the series was just so bleak, bland, and unenjoyable that there was no way I could possibly finish it. And all the characters I liked kept dying.

Kenico
July 17, 2011, 3:48 PM
Michael Bay Gundam?

What exactly does that mean? dyou know somthin we dont know?

squeam
July 17, 2011, 3:54 PM
What exactly does that mean? dyou know somthin we dont know?

No!! I was coorellating Michael Bay's affinity for making big action lackluster blockbusters with SEED Destiny's shiny explosions and lack of story/character development. They are very similar.

And here's to hoping Michael Bay (and most of Hollywood) stays far far far far away from the Gundam franchise.

Kenico
July 17, 2011, 4:10 PM
ill drink to that!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Zeta-G
July 17, 2011, 4:20 PM
No!! I was coorellating Michael Bay's affinity for making big action lackluster blockbusters with SEED Destiny's shiny explosions and lack of story/character development. They are very similar.

And here's to hoping Michael Bay (and most of Hollywood) stays far far far far away from the Gundam franchise.

Hey, Fukuda does much better character development than Bay ever will. It may not be in the direction people want it to go, but it does exist. Unlike Bay's movies where characters don't really change at all. My point was basically that I don't go into Destiny/SEED expecting an award winning drama.

Kenico
July 17, 2011, 5:05 PM
words to live bylol

Exia
July 17, 2011, 10:15 PM
OOh! weird thought.....If you were to redesign the MTS to look like a suit of armor, what would you draw? if you can draw somthin like that, could you post it up on this thread? just askin. and yes touche for your argument.

I wouldn't. I like the mobile tray system as it is. And I haven't really drawn anything in years, so that's not gonna happen. Sorry.

Kenico
July 17, 2011, 10:48 PM
aww dang it

Zeta
July 18, 2011, 3:30 AM
I actually liked G Gundam. This is coming form a guy who grew up on the martial arts of DBZ. Sekiha Tenkyoken, Shining Finger, and Burning Slash didn't stop me from watching it and the fights were pretty awesome.

Kenico
July 18, 2011, 4:27 AM
a little late with that isnt it?

BTW: theres somthin i need to get off my chest ive noticed you guys are saying that some of the mobile suits in certain Gundam series (Wing & SEED/Destiny for example) are "overpowered". i know the wording is self explanitory but could be more elaborate on this?

Corrin
October 5, 2011, 12:21 AM
Gundam SEED Destiny is the worst series. Gundam SEED and Wing come close, though.

GNzaku0023
October 5, 2011, 1:01 AM
I still say ZZ was the worst, even though Haman was amazing and made that show better. Victory Gundam was equally bad, and SD gundam (Superior Defender) was horribad.

Kenico
October 5, 2011, 1:15 AM
no, SD Gundam Force was a deadly Colony Nerve Gas Capsule some Dip stick let fall through the cracks and the ones who didnt die from the initial exposure were crippeld far worse than what Sirciocco did to Kamille toward the end of Zeta (the original ending) THAT Show, more than any, made ZZ and Victory (even though i havent seen this one yet) a whole lot more Decent to watch. heck it makes G (and yes folks ive made my peace with it.) look 100X better to watch a Second time.

Corrin
October 5, 2011, 1:34 AM
Lol if you don't think Victory Gundam is one of the best series'.

Squee
October 27, 2011, 1:08 AM
G, simply because it's not gundam. It's a super robot show. That show is the complete opposite of what gundam means to me.

GNzaku0023
October 27, 2011, 12:47 PM
a little late with that isnt it?

BTW: theres somthin i need to get off my chest ive noticed you guys are saying that some of the mobile suits in certain Gundam series (Wing & SEED/Destiny for example) are "overpowered". i know the wording is self explanitory but could be more elaborate on this?

Totally missed this here but what they mean is exactly that. Wing and SEED suits were just OP. They could go into any fight and take little to no damage, Wing moreso than seed. Not to mention they would pretty much destroy everything with one hit.

Kenico
October 27, 2011, 7:12 PM
So Im gonna use Comic books as an example to help me out here (bear with me fellas)

Wing/SEED+Destiny= Superman (or almost invulnerable)

8th MS Team/OO= The Punisher (or can take a serious crap load of Damage but if patched up, comes out more of a badass)

I'mANewtypeToo!
November 8, 2011, 6:53 PM
Gundam X is, without any question, the worst Gundam series. Ever. I hate it, and everything about it. It has no redeeming qualities in my eyes, and I think it's just awful. >_< The only good thing that came of it was G Gundam, attemping to do something to do to break the stagnation they had fallen into.

I'mANewtypeToo!
November 8, 2011, 6:55 PM
Totally missed this here but what they mean is exactly that. Wing and SEED suits were just OP. They could go into any fight and take little to no damage, Wing moreso than seed. Not to mention they would pretty much destroy everything with one hit.

Heero in his gundam was outmaneuvered in the first episode of the series by a Leo. The biggest point of the W series gundams was that they were made out of a special metal alloy, which attributed their high durability.

AlyssMajere
December 10, 2011, 11:27 PM
G-Saviour was the worst. Didn't watch it but the trailer killed me.

Polaris Gundam
December 11, 2011, 10:47 PM
Aww geez, Worst Gundam Series. I would defiantly say That SD Gundam (Superior defender Gundam Force) is the one I'm ashamed to say I sat through.
Its just annoying and childish. not what I want to see.
Another close one would Have to be G-Savior. Hey It seemed like a good Idea at the time. it just suffered from people who didn't get it.
The CG was Okay... but we can do better. it was a trial and error kind of thing.... MOSTLY ERROR. It was fun to see old sci fi actors in a "gundam" movie and to see props from Starship troopers. I got quite a chuckle. so G-Savior isnt Gawd Awful its just not good.
V Gundam takes forever to get started and its got some extremely Goofy looking MS. but I cant give a full account for it because i haven't seen it.
ZZ, I just lost interest in it. but I haven't seen it so I cant give an honest Opinion about it.
G Gundam is So campy and bad its kind of Good, Its FAR from the best but its always there for a good laugh.

Gundam X is, without any question, the worst Gundam series. Ever. I hate it, and everything about it. It has no redeeming qualities in my eyes, and I think it's just awful. >_< The only good thing that came of it was G Gundam, attemping to do something to do to break the stagnation they had fallen into.

I Strongly Disagree with you good sir! Gundam X is an odd Duck at times but I Think it is quite underrated as a series, also the Series was Cut short so they had to wrap it up pretty fast! the Original Director wanted it to be an ongoing adventure so thats why the first 13 episodes you're like "okay... where are they going with this?" it was cut mid-series from originally 54 episodes to 39. so In my eyes it could have been better. The GX-9900 and the Double X is my favorite looking MS ever.
BUT we all have our opinions. :)

Kenico
December 11, 2011, 10:59 PM
@ Polaris Gundam: AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! On all Counts my bro. You've hit it on the Nail and Then some!

Zeta-G
December 12, 2011, 2:04 AM

I Strongly Disagree with you good sir! Gundam X is an odd Duck at times but I Think it is quite underrated as a series, also the Series was Cut short so they had to wrap it up pretty fast! the Original Director wanted it to be an ongoing adventure so thats why the first 13 episodes you're like "okay... where are they going with this?" it was cut mid-series from originally 54 episodes to 39. so In my eyes it could have been better. The GX-9900 and the Double X is my favorite looking MS ever.
BUT we all have our opinions. :)

It was supposed to run for 49 episodes like Wing and G.

Kenico
December 12, 2011, 5:50 AM
To honest with you i believe it was one of the BEST Gundam Series.

Polaris Gundam
December 12, 2011, 2:39 PM
I also forgot about Awakening of the Trailblazer.
I mean, way to make a left turn at the traffic light.

SPOILERS

I'm sure it looked cool to make all new Gundams and some really Flashy animation.
but then you add Aliens! didn't you learn anything from the last Indiana Jones movie? That's not what the fans want!
if your show is in the future and Earth is having fun fighting itself don't add aliens!

End Spoilers

Zeta-G
December 12, 2011, 2:55 PM
I also forgot about Awakening of the Trailblazer.
I mean, way to make a left turn at the traffic light.

SPOILERS

I'm sure it looked cool to make all new Gundams and some really Flashy animation.
but then you add Aliens! didn't you learn anything from the last Indiana Jones movie? That's not what the fans want!
if your show is in the future and Earth is having fun fighting itself don't add aliens!

End Spoilers

I thought that the aliens were well done (not that I want more aliens in the future); my problems with the movie were the questionable science (same complaints from S2), the complete waste of the 00 Quan[T], and the plot was pretty thin in places. To be fair, I've never felt that the movie format has suited Gundam. There's simply too much going on in a good Gundam story to fit it into two hours. Even (or is that especially?) Char's Counterattack feels rushed.

ItsVince725
December 12, 2011, 3:05 PM
F91 tries to fit 49 episodes worth of plot into two hours, and suffers horribly for it.

If any series needs a revisit, it's F91. An actual full length show would do wonders for it.

Zeta-G
December 12, 2011, 3:11 PM
F91 tries to fit 49 episodes worth of plot into two hours, and suffers horribly for it.

If any series needs a revisit, it's F91. An actual full length show would do wonders for it.

To be fair, it doesn't try to cram the whole series into one movie, just the first 13 or so episodes. It even has "this is just the beginning" at the end. Not that that changes the fact that F91 is a glorified compilation movie. I still love it, flaws aside. At least F91 had an excuse (the story was intended to be a full series), what's the excuse for CCA and Trailblazer?

I'mANewtypeToo!
December 12, 2011, 4:58 PM
Gundam X is easily the worst, followed closely by Turn A. Both of them are terrible, lack a true "gundam" feel and have the shallowest universes of any series I've seen.

That aside, Tomino states that V Gundam is this most hated series. On the packaged DVD set, it even states something along the lines of, "If you are a fan of 'Gundam', please do not watch this series." quoted from Tomino himself. But, personally, I think the V Gundam and V2 Gundam in all its incarnations are beautiful. Though that has little to say about the series itself.

Also, I think a lot of you are confusing mecha designs and things with the actual series itself. The Wing arguments are pretty shallow, as well. If for nothing else, Wing should be loved simply for welcoming a new group of western fans into the mix from its run on Toonami. I think a lot of you guys saw Wing first, loved it and looked into more Gundam things, and now are too embarrassed to admit it now because you don't want to be lumped in together with "those" fans.

Edit: I wanted to add that Gundam AGE is easily shaping up to be the worst Gundam series ever, topping X and Turn A for me.

Zeta-G
December 12, 2011, 7:56 PM
Gundam X is easily the worst, followed closely by Turn A. Both of them are terrible, lack a true "gundam" feel and have the shallowest universes of any series I've seen.

That aside, Tomino states that V Gundam is this most hated series. On the packaged DVD set, it even states something along the lines of, "If you are a fan of 'Gundam', please do not watch this series." quoted from Tomino himself. But, personally, I think the V Gundam and V2 Gundam in all its incarnations are beautiful. Though that has little to say about the series itself.

Also, I think a lot of you are confusing mecha designs and things with the actual series itself. The Wing arguments are pretty shallow, as well. If for nothing else, Wing should be loved simply for welcoming a new group of western fans into the mix from its run on Toonami. I think a lot of you guys saw Wing first, loved it and looked into more Gundam things, and now are too embarrassed to admit it now because you don't want to be lumped in together with "those" fans.

Edit: I wanted to add that Gundam AGE is easily shaping up to be the worst Gundam series ever, topping X and Turn A for me.

I readily admit that Wing was my first Gundam series. The mecha designs are good for the most part (I'm well known as a fan of Okawara's originals over Katoki's redesigns), but frankly a series shouldn't be judged by its mecha or character designs. Plot and character development are what matter, and that's where Wing falls short. For the most part, its characters are cardboard stereotypes with little development over the course of the series. Plot wise, it starts off with a good premise (a group of terrorists vs a world government, instead of the UC's typical storyline- two nations slugging it out), but it messes up the execution; the Gundams fight at least three different factions/wars over the course of one year, and, by the end of it, they end up fighting for the side that they were sent to destroy (Oz/Romefeller); there's also very little dramatic tension due to the lack of enemy aces (Treize and Zechs are about it, and Zechs is more or less on the Gundam's side for a third of the show; Noin switches to the Gundams' side pretty quickly, so I don't even count her as an enemy ace). If anything people are more forgiving of Wing's flaws BECAUSE it was their introduction to the franchise. And by the way, if it were Wing's yaoi fangirls causing me to point out Wing's flaws, it wouldn't make sense for me to be a big fan of 00 S1, since 00's character designer was known for pretty boy yoai manga (and 00 certainly has its share of Wingnut-type fans, yaoi fangirls and otherwise).

Gale
January 10, 2012, 12:06 AM
I rather do not like SEED/Destiny myself. It was just... meh. Completely, meh. I don't know how I can express it any other way, there was simply nothing that interested me about it. The characters? either too boring or too melodramatic. The plot? I'm not entirely sure it was an entity in its self, and if it was it left absolutely no impact on me whatsoever. The mechs? some are decent, but most of them are pretty lame, rather like some of the spin off ones though(astrays, and stargazer suits are quite nice looking). Animation? really quite cheap, as to be expected really from early 2000-era anime.
Granted, I haven't watched anything prior to G Gundam, with the exceptions of some of 0079 and Zeta.

Zeta
January 10, 2012, 2:08 AM
Granted, I haven't watched anything prior to G Gundam, with the exceptions of some of 0079 and Zeta.

Tell me, have seen Char's Counterattack?

ItsVince725
January 10, 2012, 1:27 PM
Tell me, have seen Char's Counterattack?

Oh boy, Char's Counterattack.

Proof that Yoshiyuki Tomino cannot write a new content movie.

Gale
January 10, 2012, 6:48 PM
No, I have not watched Char's Counterattack. All I can definitively say about it is I rather like the mobile suits, but that is kinda negligible in terms of story

Zeta
January 10, 2012, 7:26 PM
Watch it. It is one of, if not the best, Gundam movie out there

Babaka
February 6, 2012, 12:07 AM
Watch it. It is one of, if not the best, Gundam movie out there

I think this too, but the last fight of Amuro vs Char could be better...
I like Seed and G, for me the worst was V Gundam. I just could not get interested on the history.

Amuro Ray
March 30, 2012, 3:52 AM
I've not watched SEED, Gundam X, 00, Unicorn or AGE yet so I can't comment on any of those. I'm almost finished with G Gundam and if it were just the first half of the series I'd watched I would say it was my least favorite but the second half of it has been really enjoyable and I'm hoping it ends really well.

I've seen everything else though and out of those I'd say F91 was the worst. It was badly paced. I know it has an excuse for why that is but it doesn't change that it's still horrible.

I don't understand why anyone would criticize Turn A, it's easily the best series IMO. It's wonderfully animated, the story is a bit slowly paced but so character driven, and every single character in the series is fantastically handled. My only real complaint is the design of the Turn A Gundam. I don't like the design but that's a shallow complaint and everything else about the series completely makes up for it.

thwalker13
March 30, 2012, 7:19 AM
If I had to pick one I'd probably pick G-Gundam. I just can't get into the storyline. I just started watching Zeta Gundam so we'll see how that goes. I personally loved Seed and Destiny. And OO is just awesome. But again, G-Gundam, worst series IMO.

Heero Wing Zero
April 1, 2012, 6:01 PM
Hand down G-Gundam couldnt get n2 the series and another reason y I got classmates that cant stop talking bout domon saying stupid things like (get ready 2 laugh) domon and Burning gundam can beat Heero and wing zero and would destroy Amuro Ray and Nu Gundam i kno i kno they need 2 shut up

Exia
April 1, 2012, 6:40 PM
Hand down G-Gundam couldnt get n2 the series and another reason y I got classmates that cant stop talking bout domon saying stupid things like (get ready 2 laugh) domon and Burning gundam can beat Heero and wing zero and would destroy Amuro Ray and Nu Gundam i kno i kno they need 2 shut up

Except that Domon in God Gundam would win. G Gundam is a throwback to the super robot era, while every other Gundam show is real robot era. Super Robots will always beat Real Robots.

Heero Wing Zero
April 6, 2012, 12:09 PM
Except that Domon in God Gundam would win. G Gundam is a throwback to the super robot era, while every other Gundam show is real robot era. Super Robots will always beat Real Robots.

Have a hard time believing that Domon in Burning Gundam would beat Heero in Wing Zero let alone Amuro in Hi-v Gundam

WING ZERO
April 6, 2012, 3:52 PM
Domon vs any other series character would be like Goku fighting krillin

Deathscythe!
April 9, 2012, 6:20 PM
Domon vs any other series character would be like Goku fighting krillin

Well , your comparison seems to be quite intresting and I've been thinking about it for a minute or 2 . But you did not mention whether it was Dragonball or Dragonball Z :D :D .
As I am writing here , I have to mention , that ZZ is the worst I've seen so far . (actually I had watched 3 episodes after I stopped to watch Victory . And yeah , I had watched 17 until I stopped . Either it was the fact that only 17 episodes of it had been uploaded on yt , or i had lost intrest on it . However , I've been watching Turn A Gundam and it's delighting me currently .)

But I don't know , why there have been so many comments containing the message that G Gundam was the worst Gundam that has been released . If I was allowed to submit the second worst Gundam series from my point of view , it would be SEED . After I had watched episode 1 , I was not quite sure whether I had watched a Gundam series or some creepy Japanese average stuff just before . However , the worst Gundam OVA from my point of view is F91 . Even if I had been meaning to watch it , I said to myself that it was some kind of boring after I had done so .

Forbidden Gundam
April 9, 2012, 9:37 PM
Hmmm...among the series I watched Turn A would be ranked last. Mainly because it did not catch my attention at the first few episodes. Although I liked the later parts-I loved the design of Turn X.

Jae102
May 2, 2012, 8:40 PM
Seed/Destiny and G-Saviour should get everyones votes.

CharAznable
May 2, 2012, 8:53 PM
I'm torn on this one. My initial vote goes to Gundam G fighter, but that's only because I found fault with the world (Throwing "Neo" in front of every country name.... really?) But I love the story and the characters, and the Gundams were cool. On the other hand, I initially liked SEED, but as the series went on, I began to dislike it more and more. But the SEED universe has so much more potential.... I didn't mind ZZ, nor Turn A or X. Have yet to see AGE (But really want to.) I guess at the end of the day, SEED Destiny is my least liked.

WING ZERO
May 2, 2012, 11:36 PM
i love G Gundam it is probably my favorite. i didn't find the OG Mobile suit gundam to be amazing but i loved zeta. i watched the first 4 episodes of 8th ms team wasn't hooked so i didn't netflix the next disc i'm on disc three of seed and its alright good enough to keep me watching but nothing amazing. i also loved wing but the only one i couldn't stand was OO. i know a lot of people love it but i couldn't make it through two episodes. maybe i haven't watched enough but from what i gathered the entire idea of some rogue group of people with the most advanced technology just seemed ridiculous.

Exia
May 2, 2012, 11:47 PM
i love G Gundam it is probably my favorite. i didn't find the OG Mobile suit gundam to be amazing but i loved zeta. i watched the first 4 episodes of 8th ms team wasn't hooked so i didn't netflix the next disc i'm on disc three of seed and its alright good enough to keep me watching but nothing amazing. i also loved wing but the only one i couldn't stand was OO. i know a lot of people love it but i couldn't make it through two episodes. maybe i haven't watched enough but from what i gathered the entire idea of some rogue group of people with the most advanced technology just seemed ridiculous.

It's like that for the first 16 episodes, until the Thrones arrive on scene. And BTW, the same can be said about Gundam Wing.

Kenico
May 2, 2012, 11:54 PM
(looks at WINGZERO...then at Exia)...i smell a storm comin...

WING ZERO
May 3, 2012, 12:31 AM
not really i'm having a tough time remembering the two sides in wing but the side that isn't romafeller was behind the gundams i think lol. i'm not some crazy know it all when it comes to the shows but that is just how i felt about OO and i didn't feel that way towards wing because that was like ten years ago lol

Exia
May 3, 2012, 12:37 AM
I was just pointing out something both series have in common. Those Wing pilots constantly whooped on some OZ ass, same way the 00 pilots whooped on some Union/AEU/Human Reform League ass.

And I think Kenyon was alluding to something due to our forum names. You know, Exia vs. Wing Zero.

WING ZERO
May 3, 2012, 12:55 AM
i haven't watched enough OO to know i just couldnt get into. i appreciate the designs of the suits but when i was watching it i was just like this is so dumb give me sportscenter lol but maybe i just need to muscle through it

Zechs36
May 3, 2012, 1:06 AM
I need not go on my rant about how anything with SEED in the title ranks as worst do I? Although 08th MS Team is my favorite, I can kinda understand how you can not get in to it. When you watch the series, try to think of it as a bunch of ordinary pilots fighting in a gorilla war scene. That pretty much sums up 08th MS Team in a nutshell.

WING ZERO
May 3, 2012, 1:21 AM
it wasn't that i thought it was bad or anything i just wasn't dying to see the next episode and wanted to watch seed because of suit designs but so far seed doesn't seem that horrendous. does it get pretty weak fast?

Deathscythe!
May 3, 2012, 9:47 AM

You prefered G Gundam most , you said . So , what do you think ; which one would win if they fought against - Wing Zero or Burning....*cough* God Gundam ?

It's like that for the first 16 episodes, until the Thrones arrive on scene. And BTW, the same can be said about Gundam Wing.

I have not watched Gundam 00 yet , but I am definitely able to tell that having the "good guys" equipped with an fairly overpowered mobile suit at the beginning has definitely always been an essential part of gundam . And I had got the same impression of Gundam Wing by the time I saw TALLGEESE first . Not having seen Gundam 00 , it's easy to say that the thrones represent something like this after all . Fortuneately , the producers of Gundam have never produced a show (at least I have not watched any like that ) . Talking about the good one's ms , the "rival's/boss enemies'" should be mentioned as well . The most impressive is the "Zeong" (Gundam 0079) with the slogan - "legs are just for show" (I just wanted to mention it because I had laughed my ass off before) . But I guess that is offtopic .

- Now sth. related to this topic : Why did the producers actually design so weird ms while they were making Gundam X . I don't hate it ; it's been one of my most favourite Gundam Series ever since I watched it , but what annoyed me most while I was watching it was , why Gundam Leopard was not able to fly and the other Gundam did not have any strong weapons imo . I guess I'd become used to overpowered Gundams .

Zechs36
May 3, 2012, 10:06 AM
it wasn't that i thought it was bad or anything i just wasn't dying to see the next episode and wanted to watch seed because of suit designs but so far seed doesn't seem that horrendous. does it get pretty weak fast?

SEED IMO is nothing more than a horrible rehash of the original MSG. Yes, the gundams look cool in it but if you wanna talk about suits that have been god-modded, then this is the series for you.

The Ogre
May 4, 2012, 11:37 AM
Gundam Seed is decent as far as I'm concerned. Seed Destiny, on the other hand, can jump off a cliff and die.

Seen a few episodes of Turn A Gundam and After War Gundam X and I can safely say that I don't care for those in the slightest.

Zeon's RedComet
May 5, 2012, 7:33 AM
Still sticking with Victory, just god awful.

Jae102
May 23, 2012, 2:39 AM
Char's Counterattack and Gundam 00 Awakening of the Trailblazer. I never felt when a Gundam Movie was done it was ever done right.

ItsVince725
May 23, 2012, 10:06 AM
Char's Counterattack and Gundam 00 Awakening of the Trailblazer. I never felt when a Gundam Movie was done it was ever done right.

I have to agree.

The 00 movie is rather dumb and heavy handed, and Char's Counterattack has an awful love triangle subplot and no likeable characters.

phantomkirby
May 23, 2012, 5:27 PM
^^^ I third that acually O.o

Awakening of the Trailblazer
-tried to encompass too many characters into one movie (to the extent that which most of the characters seemed flat and bland)
e.g. I don't really think there was a point in showing Saji and Louise, Feldt was just worrying about a sleeping Setsuna for the whole movie, Billy was literally "getting it on" for the whole movie too, etc.

-didn't really deal with the "alien" part well
They could've executed it better in my opinion. I mean, I'm not one of those people who are have this mindset that "GUNDAMS CAN'T HAVE ALIENS!!! >=(!" I'm pretty open-minded, so I was pretty pumped, because aliens are always cool; kind of like zombies :cool: The bad thing is? AotTB made the aliens seem like generic faceless "things"... I think they could've done more with the whole alien plot device.

-some huge plot holes that I noticed
e.g. Was there any importance of that Descartes character?!? He was in the trailers and everything, so you would THINK he was an important character that would've changed the plot majorly somehow! But no, he basically gets killed off VERY EARLY in the movie by the ELS. I don't understand the importance of that character at all. Why even put him in?
e.g. What about the pointless Ribbons scene where everyone thought that he "came back", even though he didnt? The sad part is, I remember seeing Ribbons in the trailer too... so you would think Ribbons would've came back, but no.

-battlescenes sucked
e.g. laser-spam FOR THE LOSE!

-the ending
I just thought it was a poorly executed ending that left more questions than answers - kind of like how the Mass Effect 3 ending was (if anyone knows what I'm talking about...)

CCA
I have to admit - CCA was better than AofTB. In fact, I liked it - but I just felt like it could've been better.

-new characters with little or bad development
Quess. Quess. Quess. UGH Quess!!! >.<! Need I say more? Her character really annoyed me to no end.

-what happened to all of the characters from the good ol' days?
You really only see Bright Noa, Mirai, Amuro, and Char. This isn't really a con for the movie though; I wouldn't count it as a negative. I just count it as something that would've made the movie better.

-It felt really rushed
It just seemed to me that while I was watching, they keep going into one new fight, then another, then another, and so on for the whole entire movie with only tiny breaks. It felt a little fast-paced for me - but I guess that's the difficulty in making anime movies, right?

I think the REAL quality from CCA is seeing the development of Amuro and Char, seeing their ideologies clash, rooting for one side or the other (sometimes you actually AGREE with Char!... or at least I do...), and of course, the awesome ending where Amuro and Char are deemed M.I.A. Those kinds of endings always seem enigmatic and mysterious to me - which I like. It provides a good closing for me. Oh, and also I loved the battles unlike the spamming beam-fest of AotTB.

F91
I actually REALLY liked the movie! Although there were some criticisms that I have to say.

-it was rushed
The fact that it was originally supposed to be a series, but then condensed into a movie due to the higher-ups' decisions, I felt like I could forgive this part. In fact, I didn't really notice how it was "rushed" until they jumped from one scene into another (a.k.a. they were escaping Frontier IV, then suddenly the group of kids are happy and in Frontier I?)

-little character development
This is the part that is tied with the "rushed" one. I would've loved to see more character development - especially Seabook, Cecily, and their relationship with each other. Even that lieutenant girl Anna-marie (I think that was her name). Did she actually LIKE the Zabine character and was JEALOUS of Cecily? Or did she try to kill Zabine because she saw Cecily as an incompetent pilot? Was there envy behind Anna-marie's intentions? I couldn't really get a clear picture on that because Anna-marie was LITERALLY introduced AND DIED within 10 minutes or something (maybe 5, I don't know. It felt really short though). I also wanted to see more character development with the Iron Mask dude. He looked extremely badass; kind of like Darth Vadar ^^

Other than that, I can't really say any other faults with F91. But my point is with this huge post is that most of the movies have flaws because - well, they're movies :/.
In descending order, I would say I like Gundam:
OVAs (like Stardust Memories, 08th MS team ^^, et cetera)
Series (usually 50 episodes except for some e.g. 0079 and X)
Movies (the ones that I just outlined above)
in that order. I never really read any Gundam mangas - so I unfortunately I can't rank them.

zarus
June 3, 2012, 2:28 AM
I really disliked MSG, "Let's fight Ramba Ral again, except he'll use 4 backup Zakus instead of 3. Oh, and we'll focus on finding salt for some idiotic reason." The only really good parts were the 2 space battles before the return to Earth, the siege of Solomon, and the Lalah Sune parts. So like 7 episodes out of 43.

ItsVince725
June 3, 2012, 10:04 AM
Quess, Hathaway, Gyunei, Nanai, and all those other newly introduced characters in CCA were just...very badly handled.

Hell, the Gundam Evolve episode based on CCA makes Quess an actual likeable character, something that a whole movie couldn't do.

Jae102
June 3, 2012, 10:54 AM
Quess, Hathaway, Gyunei, Nanai, and all those other newly introduced characters in CCA were just...very badly handled.

Hell, the Gundam Evolve episode based on CCA makes Quess an actual likeable character, something that a whole movie couldn't do.

They should just redo CCA but this time instead of Beyond the Time do Beltorchika's Children. The Light Novel version this time it's be much better with the animation of today as well.

ItsVince725
June 3, 2012, 1:30 PM
I haven't read the novel, is it better than what we got as a movie?

Jae102
June 4, 2012, 11:54 AM
From what I've heard it is. Better mech's like Amuro has a better Gundam named the Hi-Nu Gundam and Char uses the Nightingale. Also Belthorchika is pregnant with Amuro's unborn son who's rumored to be an extremely powerful Newtype they need to do a story on him. Also Char has Nanai Miguel pregnant. Amuro and Char's fates are better in depth, Hathway kills Quess which triggers the events of Hathaways Flash and this was what the original anime CCA was supposed to be about but they didn't like Amuro being a family man so the story was changed to that crap we got and this story was done in the Light Novel. Also it's based off of Hi-Streamer which I would like to see that animated as well. Sunrise should make CCA: Beltorchika's Children an OVA not an Movie because they do better with OVA's than movies.

Deathscythe!
June 4, 2012, 2:02 PM
I'm terribly sorry to write another reply here , in this thread although i've already written a reply , but not , that I've finally watched Gundam S1 & S2 , I'd like to criticize or rather compare these two :

I enjoyed watching Season 1 as I was shown spectacular battles , an intresting story and of course , the past of all characters . Also did I watch intresting battles and saw the turn of events that appeared to be conincedentally to me . One of my favourite parts , I've not yet forgotten , has been the scene when Ali Al-Saachez appears right in front of all three "Throne Gundam pilots" and rapidly assasinates 2 of them without any difficulties . That was just an suprising event, in my opinion . Another, impressive part was "Lockon's death" . Actually , I was wondering about the fact whether LockOn would die or not . I had ascertained that LockOn died , but also had I acknowledged that Lockon killed Ali Al-Saachez and as I had not acquired the necessary knowledge of LockOn's family situation , so I was not sure what would happen next . After I had seen Lockon die in space , I did not know how LockOn was going to eliminate Ali Al-Saachez . Well , guess the occassion has now arisen to thank you for spoilering me beforehand , Gundamforums ^.^.

S2 :
I expected S2 to procceed as S1 had done before , but I noticed , that a few things had diversified . At the beginning they all dealt with their issues , they were being ruled by . Essentially , Setsuna had grown and had obtained the ability to pilot mobile suits better than had done before . He had been growing up and it seemed , Azadistan had been seized somehow . (Okay , I was rushing through S2 as I was not delighted by it xD , so the probability of having missed something is high ) Then Tieria had become unable to use his predestined abilites shown in S1 . I do not know why , but I have liked the "crazy" Allelujah , but this is hardly worth mentioning , so I am proceeding with the next one .
The thing I did not enjoy about S2 at all was especially all these romances between numerous persons . I mean , romances do actually appear in all Gundam shows , yet adding in that much romance was too much for me to handle (Go , Setsuna , Go , interfere with all relationships and kill Anew ! :D ) . But I did also percieve positive facts and parts about S2 . The best part was Mister bushido , whose Mobile suit was a disadvantage to the others , yet he fought honestly and always dignified and accepted Setsuna as a worthy opponent fighting for the other side . I do not know why , but I like Mister Bushido , since he was created as several other pilots had been created before him - pilots that can be regarded as role model for all pilots , no matter for which side . I've wanted to buy his mask ever since the first time I saw him wearing it , SO DOES ANYBODY KNOW OR HAS ANYBODY EVER BOUGHT HIS MASK :D ? I WANT IT SO BADLY ! :D But , am I the only one to claim that actually all mobile suits presented and appearing first in S2 are fairly less attractive to look at as the S1 mobile suits are ? Well , I do think so . And before I forget it , S2 became partially boring while I was watching it .

Well , excluding Mister Bushido's mask , there is another thing I've been thinking about - Haro :D . I had seen haro helping out a few times , but watching haro making a fair contribution , by auxiliaring other pilots , I want to buy a Haro toy , but that would only happen , if the prices , especially delivery prices fell approxiamately about 50% (41$ are too much to spend just in order to have one's package delivered) .

Jae102
June 4, 2012, 2:47 PM
So 00 is the worst Gundam series you seen? You seemed to enjoy it for it to be the worst Gundam series you seen. I have to agree with you the 00 started to get boring because innovades their personalities weren't interesting outside of Almark and Revive Revival. Outside of those 2 they really weren't that cool. Tierra could use the Trial System because the innovades seized Veda and he could no longer access it until episode 24 of season 2 when he became one with Veda. There's quite a bit of romances in every Gundam like you said a lot, don't know why 00 irked you but whatever floats your boat. Also every Gundam series becomes boring at some point I noticed. XD

No I have to agree with you that the S2 Mobile suits weren't as cool as S1 MS outside of 00 Raiser but it still didn't look as cool as Exia. Seravee was also decent Arios can go to hell. The Movie has the best suits too bad it sucks ass.

BobTD
June 18, 2012, 10:28 PM
Mobile Suit Gundam. 43 episodes that took 4 days to watch. I basically forced myself to watch it. I usually watch a gundam series from episode 1 till I get tired and go to sleep. I found the story to be boring and so full of suck it wasn't funny. Just because it's the start of a franchise doesn't mean it gets an automatic pass as to being a good show. But that's just me.

I just started watching the series and I like it so far. Its very interesting to see the technology predictions in the series considering how old it is. Mostly that has been keeping my attention. A self learning computer in the 70s must have seen like a big deal, but the heat resisting reentry film was interesting. Nasa would love to have some of that even now.

The Least interesting series of gundam I have seen would have to be SD. I have seen enough that I know I will never watch it or include it in my collection.

KhornAshrem
June 30, 2012, 3:30 PM
dont mean to spell check but its Quatre ~lol~

Deathscythe!
June 30, 2012, 4:35 PM
So 00 is the worst Gundam series you seen? You seemed to enjoy it for it to be the worst Gundam series you seen. I have to agree with you the 00 started to get boring because innovades their personalities weren't interesting outside of Almark and Revive Revival. Outside of those 2 they really weren't that cool. Tierra could use the Trial System because the innovades seized Veda and he could no longer access it until episode 24 of season 2 when he became one with Veda. There's quite a bit of romances in every Gundam like you said a lot, don't know why 00 irked you but whatever floats your boat. Also every Gundam series becomes boring at some point I noticed. XD

No I have to agree with you that the S2 Mobile suits weren't as cool as S1 MS outside of 00 Raiser but it still didn't look as cool as Exia. Seravee was also decent Arios can go to hell. The Movie has the best suits too bad it sucks ass.

I did not say 00 was the worst I had ever seen. I told you I had compeltely watched 00 and wanted to comment on it. Well, examining all series I've watched so far, I do not get any result of which one's the worst of all.

Gundamswag
March 8, 2013, 8:51 PM
From what I've seen, Gundam Wing hands down, for the dub at least. The pacing is way too slow imo. None of the pilots are that interesting either.

Dlinker
March 8, 2013, 9:38 PM
I second that. I used to think G Gundam was the worst series, but that was because I kept comparing it to the more realistic mecha anime out there instead of considering it as part of the super robot genre. Now, after what I've watched so far (both seasons of 00, Wing, G Gundam, original MSG, Unicorn, 8th MS Team), Wing really is the weakest in my eyes. The gundam designs were kinda...childish too. Very cool and very powerful, but seems like they came from the mind of a 14-year-old mecha fanboy. The non-gundam suits were more interesting, even the lowly Leo.

Main characters were meh, too. Overpowered teenagers in a series that tries to be realistic? Ultra-quiet badass dude with long white hair? Left a bad taste in my mouth.

Kenico
March 8, 2013, 10:14 PM
I used to think G Gundam was the worst series, but that was because I kept comparing it to the more realistic mecha anime out there instead of considering it as part of the super robot genre...

I did the same thing as well for a LONG time. Then Two things changed that:

1) Looking at it as a Super Robot than a Real Robot Show...

2) Dozzy Bots...Dont Ask...

As for Wing. It was great, but as i got older id have to say it has lost some of its Magic (not its nostalgial quality mind you, but its magic) in the Story and Character departments. But its Mecha Designs still strike a nerve (in a good way) to this day.

Polaris Gundam
March 8, 2013, 10:33 PM
WHOA WHOA WHOA!
HOLD THE PHONE!
I heard a foul word on the air saying that Gundam wing was the worst Gundam series ever?
*slap*
How dare you?! Gundam Wing is one of the greatest series ever!
I love the feeling this show gives me, it also creates the ultimate feeling of a nearly indestructible Gundam, and it was also my first Anime I ever got into, (not including Pokemon)

albeit the show is not without its flaws, but at least its watchable, I tried watching G Gundam with a friend and I was embarrassed to own the whole series, he couldn't even make it through the first two episodes, I just had a hard time defending it.
oh and, I am gonna get some Guff from this next comment...

*clears throat*

Leo's > Zaku's

yup... I went there.

Dlinker
March 8, 2013, 10:34 PM
It really did lose its magic, especially for the mecha designs in my eyes. I used to love them all, but now that love is just for some of them. The main characters I didn't like at all from the beginning (barring Zechs only because they show him going over-the-top hurting badass when taming the Tallgeese and the adult characters). I felt the same way about 00's dudes, but I started liking them after six or so episodes. For Wing...nah, disliked them all the way to the end.

@Polaris Gundam, sorry, my good man :). Wing just didn't jive well with me. It's still special since it's the first Gundam series I ever saw, but it felt too much like an angsty angry teenager who got his hands on a weapon of mass destruction. Ever more so than SEED (for the record, I didn't get that feeling from SEED). As for your last statement....hmmm...I'll have to say Leo = Zaku for now.

And now, I'm going to bring myself out of my disappointed stupor and watch an episode or two of G Gundam, haha.

Kenico
March 8, 2013, 10:38 PM
Go For it...lol.

katamuro
March 8, 2013, 11:37 PM
G Saviour is gibberish I know its not a series but its the worst out there depiction of the universe. G Gundam? I just could not watch it. Destiny is a close second, there is too much angst there. Victory was just disappointing but not bad as such. ZZ was a bit childish, It just felt less serious than Zeta.

PaladinGundam
March 8, 2013, 11:54 PM
I don't like the hate on G Gundam. I actually understood what the hell was going on unlike Gundam Wing.
I always get a laugh on G, and Domon is by far my favorite protagonists throughout the entire series.
Everything about him is right.
Stuff Domon fills out right in a good character:
He is a bad ass and it explains why he is a bad ass. It was hard work as his master trained him. Other than Dragon ball Z characters, he can catch a bullet. Domon's rite for being a bad ass was only established in the first episode of G Gundam.
Now, he has faults. Domon has two major character flaws. One is he is angry, perhaps too angry. His second flaw is how stubborn he is to get help from others. He feels like his path to avenge his family name can only be walked down alone, but as the series goes on it shows that Domon isn't bad ass enough to accomplish his goal. Anger alone isn't going to settle his problems.
With someone who is more bad ass than Domon helps him, Domon rises up and becomes a better bad ass. His rage was gone and his character changes in Neo Hon Kong.
But it doesn't end there, Domon is still stubborn. Shwarts proves to Domon again that he can't fight alone. Without Rain he can't do anything with his, no, THEIR Gundam. This is why I like Domon and Rain as a couple. Unlike other love interests, Rain NEVER annoyed me. Even saving Domon's ass a few times. In fact, I liked her quite a lot.
Master Asia will forever be my favorite villain.

And when I compare G to Wing, Wing doesn't come even close to being as awesome as G is.
Take Heero's bad assery into question.
First episode he shows he can blow stuff up with Wing, but it was taken down into the Sea? He really couldn't shake off Zech's Leo? Really??? It only establishes Zech's bad assery.
Heero only regains his bad assery after doing the following: Snapping his rapier in half and almost killing that poor kid. Holding onto a car for a ride. Threatening to kill a girl and the girl becomes obsessed with him(Something about his words might have sparked Relena's hormones). Snap his leg back into place. Survive a cliff fall. Went inside a base to stop a bomb when he could easily fail and die(That was brave). SURVIVE THE SELF DESTRUCTION OF WING...HOW??? Well, it hurt like hell.
Heero=Badass.
But then I look at his character flaws. He is cold and emotionless for the most part, but that is Heero's character. But what about his flaws? Heero's noticeable character flaw is his answer to his problems. He thinks the only way is to kill everyone. That is his mission and his strong point. To kill. Funny how every time he says he will kill someone, they end up LIVING. He does grow some real emotions, but after seeing him laugh like a bad guy, I really thought Heero was the BAD GUY of the show and thought ZECHS was the GOOD GUY. Now that I am older, I finally understand what an anti hero is.
His name is IRONICALLY HEERO.

But in the end, G>Wing

RuinedExia18
March 9, 2013, 2:48 AM
Here's the thing.
Every series has troubles, but in the end delivers with some good stuff.
The one series that disappointed more than anything?
SD Gundam Force.
Of course I'm aware that this show was made for children... But come on! When I first witnessed the show I thought it was insanely ridiculous, but since it was Gundam, I couldn't resist. Here's what Bandai did.
They have Gundam
In this Analogy, Gundam = Fruit Snacks.
They tried to make it for kids.
Bandai wonders "Hmm, I wonder what it's like to microwave fruit snacks."
Take this crappy analogy and get the idea, or microwave fruit snacks.
Either way, this series sucked.

katamuro
March 9, 2013, 6:29 AM
Well you are entitled about your opinion of Wing. And I am to my opinion of G. I prefer 0079, Zeta, SEED and 00 to others.

Polaris Gundam
March 10, 2013, 10:12 AM
ok, seriously?
Wing has too much angst?
uhhhh I believe Gundams are Fueled by Angst!
Name me a Gundam series without Angst! Its a staple in the Gundam franchise for at least one of our protagonists to be troubled. if they don't have issues and everything is hunky-dorry as they are fighting in a war, suddenly we don't care about our "heroes."

There is a show for characters with giant Robots and human characters with no emotional baggage. Its called Transformers.

Shin Starlord
March 10, 2013, 10:56 AM
ok, seriously?
Wing has too much angst?
Name me a Gundam series without Angst! Its a staple in the Gundam franchise for at least one of our protagonists to be troubled. if they don't have issues and everything is hunky-dorry as they are fighting in a war, suddenly we don't care about our "heroes."

There is a show for characters with giant Robots and human characters with no emotional baggage. Its called Transformers.

I'm agreeing with you 101%.
I also know this is rhetorical, but what about Turn A Gundam? Much less angst than the others.

Tamerlano
March 10, 2013, 12:03 PM
I'm gonna take this opportunity to put all of Seed in for consideration. It utterly lacks the complexity of UC, the intrigue of Wing, and the heart of G Gundam.
Watch it if you like your heroes and villains clear cut, and Shinji in various wigs is your idea of a stellar cast.

Dlinker
March 10, 2013, 1:02 PM
ok, seriously?
Wing has too much angst?

By angst, I didn't mean the troubled characters. I felt no angst from them at all, since they were mostly stoic, not like SEED for example. The angst I was getting from Wing came from the entire series itself. Uber-powerful teenagers in uber-powerful robots overcoming uber-powered adults (the adult main characters) who should have way more combat and life experience than any of them just seemed like the whole concept of the series came from the mind of an angsty teenager. Each episode kept reinforcing that concept so by the end, that's all I got out of it. It was great to watch when I was a teen. Now, not really.

I guess the fact that I love Transformers explains why I didn't like Wing, haha.

katamuro
March 10, 2013, 1:14 PM
Yeah, angst is a classic part of Gundam. However some get it way over the top like Destiny. Most of the time its not very distracting. I like IGLOO ovas because they offer quite a nice change of pace.

Polaris Gundam
March 10, 2013, 1:35 PM
I finally have a relevance to post this Image

I guess the fact that I love Transformers explains why I didn't like Wing, haha.

I mean that sarcastically.

I did it for a good laugh, Chuckle Minimum

Definition of ANGST
: a feeling of anxiety, apprehension, or insecurity <teenage angst>

Kamille from Zeta, is the Very definition of the word, He joins up with the AEUG to fight a war because the equivalent of the Anime Biff Tannon insulted him.
Kamille huh? what a sissy name...
*steals a Gundam*
F**K you!

That's a weak Premise to start off a series.
so if your going purely off of Angst. Zeta would be the worst series
however Zeta is one of the most Critically acclaimed series and most Gundam fans would hound you for calling it anything less than Genius.
But really, we all love Gundam one way or another,
we just have to accept, there is NO GREAT ALL AROUND perfect Gundam series.
all of them have their flaws, but your reasoning for calling wing, over V, and ZZ?as the WORST?!?
That's kind of an outrageous.

Dlinker
March 10, 2013, 2:20 PM
You know, I actually find Zeta's premise believable as I've known people during high school who signed up for the military just because they were taunted for being weak, useless, or very incapable (they're doing rather well there; one of them even has a stable family of his own now). It's easy to understand, easy to relate to, and for me, pretty darn realistic.

I agree that there isn't a perfect Gundam series and each has its flaws. The flaws I perceive from Wing just irk me more than the flaws from the other series, hence why I think it's the worst.

As for your definition, that last part about insecurity fits the aura I get from Wing. It is as if someone, during the concept stages of the series, decided to let it be their compensation for a teenage-like insecurity. Result? Uber teenagers with uber robots who are always portrayed as unstoppable.

Deathscythe!
March 10, 2013, 2:45 PM
I'm astonished not to have seen SD Sangokouden being discussed about on this thread yet.

Sangokouden surpasses every Gundam series in terms of being the worst.

Polaris Gundam
March 10, 2013, 3:30 PM
I'm astonished not to have seen SD Sangokouden being discussed about on this thread yet.

Sangokouden surpasses every Gundam series in terms of being the worst.

Because we have all put it out of our minds as it being anything affiliated with Gundam.
Ok Deathscythe! you have enlightened us SD Gundam is the worst.
thread closed.

Shin Starlord
March 10, 2013, 4:06 PM
Considering SD Gundam to be apart of the main franchise is like considering a match box to be apart of your lighter collection.

Squee
March 10, 2013, 5:05 PM
^Why wouldn't it be a part of the franchise? Bandai has hundreds of different sd kits out there, and the sd shows help sell em.

Shin Starlord
March 10, 2013, 5:14 PM
Considering SD Gundam to be apart of the main franchise is like considering a match box to be apart of your lighter collection.

This thread's about the worst Gundam series ever. What I've read in these posts are facts involving adult war time situations. SD Gundam's great, and yes, they do sell kits, but would you say SD, a show with chibified robots fitting along with robots of normal proportions?

Deathscythe!
March 10, 2013, 5:48 PM
Watch SD Sangokuden.

It starts being terrible to you after the first glance.

Dlinker
March 10, 2013, 6:19 PM
This thread's about the worst Gundam series ever. What I've read in these posts are facts involving adult war time situations. SD Gundam's great, and yes, they do sell kits, but would you say SD, a show with chibified robots fitting along with robots of normal proportions?

Seems like a matter of definition. Isn't a franchise something that covers an entire concept? Defined that way, then yes, SD Gundam is part of the main Gundam franchise.

In terms of the animated shows, one can argue that SD Gundam can't be considered part of the franchise since it's so different.

katamuro
March 10, 2013, 6:58 PM
Well i havent seen any gundam SD things. And I never intend to. I know they are bad but they were never meant as anything quality gundam.

Shin Starlord
March 10, 2013, 7:03 PM
Well i havent seen any gundam SD things. And I never intend to. I know they are bad but they were never meant as anything quality gundam.

The SD Franchise itself isn't bad. I've seen some kits that are really cool, we also have SD Gundam G Generation and Super Robot Wars, which are SD.

I just wanted everyone to know that SD shouldn't be in the same classification as everything else, as it's more cartoony compared to the more realistic ones.

Brotzmann
March 10, 2013, 8:26 PM
I really like the SD kits. I have seen SD Gundam Force and it is lame but I would think small children are the target audience for that series. The human characters are terribly illustrated while the Gundams are pretty well done. The captain Haro character is ridiculous! Yeah I would recommend that to the 6 and under audience. I am interested in seeing the Gundam Sangokuden Brave Battle warriors, Gundam Sengokuden, and Mobile Suit SD Gundam series. Has anybody ever seen any of the SD shows other than Gundam Force?

Kenico
March 10, 2013, 8:35 PM
Concerning Sagokuden Brave Battle Warriors...Even though its not dubbed, i have to say it really redeemed the SD Franchise for me personally. After SDGF i couldnt look at SDs withought thinking of that lame show...Then i saw SBBW and everything changed. if you havent seen it go do it now cause even though its (Kinda) based on some ancient Chinese book (Romance of the Three Kingdoms IIRC) it still presents memorable Characters, the great SD humor but its done right IMO, badass Battles, and a story worthy of a Traditional Gundam War Story...not as deep as a traditional Gundam Story mind you but good none the less.

Squee
March 11, 2013, 9:01 PM
^This. Sangokuden was pretty cool, and the kits are awesome. I wouldn't knock sd's just because of one show. Try to find the old original SD show, where they had super deformed robots AND chibi characters. Char, bright, amuro etc as comic acts was pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J7EINZhOeI

extend
March 11, 2013, 10:27 PM
Worst Gundam series, eh?

I have two:
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny
Mobile Suit Gundam Age

Seed Destiny has been discussed over and over again on several threads in here, and I may not need to elaborate why.
Gundam Age on the other hand is just lackluster. It felt so light. Mediocre all throughout. I like Asemu's arc, but that's it.

Dlinker
March 11, 2013, 11:50 PM
I agree with you, conditionally, on Gundam Age. I tried to get into it, but for some reason, it just didn't hook me in. Three episodes in and it lost my attention. Meanwhile, I got into Turn A and the original MSG with no problems at all. I really should give it another go before making a full decision. Kinda feel bad because three episodes aren't enough to make a solid opinion on it.

I haven't seen SEED Destiny at all so I can't say anything, haha.

extend
March 12, 2013, 1:26 AM
I actually gave Age a chance to grow on me. I faithfully watched it from the first episode up to the final episode hoping that the series will redeem itself. But NO. Age tried to have a serious tone by killing of its characters, but on screen deaths of characters did not make it. The final battle was a "what the hell" moment. This non-speaking boss suddenly came out, and then Kio goes "super mode" with his Age FX and then boom, the fight was over.

Dlinker
March 12, 2013, 1:35 AM
Haha, I'll keep an eye out for those moments and see how I feel about them when I get back to it again. I love the kits so it would be nice if I can enjoy the anime as well.

katamuro
March 12, 2013, 7:30 AM
gundam Age was made to sell gundam kits. Its sad but true. The story there is just enough to drag the mobile suits along. It is not bad as such and I enjoyed it way more than G. But the purpose of it is clear.

extend
March 12, 2013, 7:53 AM
gundam Age was made to sell gundam kits. Its sad but true. The story there is just enough to drag the mobile suits along. It is not bad as such and I enjoyed it way more than G. But the purpose of it is clear.

On the contrary, I actually enjoyed Gundam G more than Age and Seed Destiny.

RuinedExia18
March 12, 2013, 2:54 PM
Can someone please explain to me exactly why Seed Destiny was bad? I loved it; there was so much to love about it.
1. Shinn Asuka. Clearly you can see he's a good kid, but then becomes brainwashed throughout the series, and you as the viewer are given a choice to decide who is right; ZAFT or Kira Yamato.
2. The suits are phenomenal. Because of everyone complaining about SEED being a "Carbon Copy" of the original show, they decided to make it even more like that just to spite some critics, adding in the Zakus, the Goufs, and even a few Dom mobile suits. However, they didn't just lazily throw it in. The completely redesigned and justified the Zakus and Goufs, which is something I have always wanted to see. Plus we also see a lot of other awesome Gundam designs such as the Impulse, Destiny, Chaos, Akatsuki, Destroy, and the Infinite Justice.
3. I say infinite justice because the original justice was a complete piece of crap and deserved justification. Irony lol
4. The story line does have some issues, but all series do. There are two main characters, both which conflict many times.
Just one question?
Who is Char in this series?
It can't be Chairman; he doesn't pilot a mobile suit. Rey certainly can't be it, he's on the side of one of our main characters.
It has to be Athrun.

Deathscythe!
March 12, 2013, 3:01 PM
Their designs are anything but good.

I could compose an essay as to why they are one of the worst ever elaborated, but instead, I shall link my comment to a video well known amongst this forum's members.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFD6625B14B5695B1

Watch them.

I can't see anyone acting as the Char clone in this series.
The closest would either be Neo Roanoke or Rey Za Burrel.

At least S-Destiny provides more screentime of RLC than Seed itself.
And Gundam Seed Destiny is believed to have been somewhat satisfactory until EP 39 when Kira assumes the state of being the main character.
Shinn was trashed by the production team.

As for Gundam Wing :

Once I'm done having class tests, I'll do some research on ancient Greek mythology and the Wizdom of Oz. There's a lot Gundam Wing associates with.

Shin Starlord
March 12, 2013, 3:05 PM
Can someone please explain to me exactly why Seed Destiny was bad? I loved it; there was so much to love about it.
1. Shinn Asuka. Clearly you can see he's a good kid, but then becomes brainwashed throughout the series, and you as the viewer are given a choice to decide who is right; ZAFT or Kira Yamato.
2. The suits are phenomenal. Because of everyone complaining about SEED being a "Carbon Copy" of the original show, they decided to make it even more like that just to spite some critics, adding in the Zakus, the Goufs, and even a few Dom mobile suits. However, they didn't just lazily throw it in. The completely redesigned and justified the Zakus and Goufs, which is something I have always wanted to see. Plus we also see a lot of other awesome Gundam designs such as the Impulse, Destiny, Chaos, Akatsuki, Destroy, and the Infinite Justice.
3. I say infinite justice because the original justice was a complete piece of crap and deserved justification. Irony lol
4. The story line does have some issues, but all series do. There are two main characters, both which conflict many times.
Just one question?
It can't be Chairman; he doesn't pilot a mobile suit. Rey certainly can't be it, he's on the side of one of our main characters.
It has to be Athrun.

You need to go explore some of the older threads discussing why SEED Destiny was so bad, like this one (http://www.gundamforums.com/showthread.php/14067-Is-Cosmic-Era-that-bad).

I feel it's time I jump in with some thoughts. The Gundam series is definitely G Gundam. It defies sense and logic. It's created to sell merchandise. It's flash and the plot is too generic. There are also more Gundam units than average mobile suits.

If anyone's going to retort, you may. I'm not a hater to G. It's really fun to watch. It's really pretty too. Rain is wonderful.
I'm simply pointing out what's the worst. I like all seasons produced, but G will have ot go to the bottom of the list.
This might not be definite, once I'm done with AGE and 00.
Thinking back, Victory might be at the bottom of the list. My brother actually like this one, so he's not going to be happy about that decision.

*edit
^Deathscythe! You always manage to post while I'm typing up my post, lol.

Just wanted to ask what affliation Wizard of Oz might have with it? If you mean the group 'OZ' then that stands for Organization of the Zodiac, which you might already know.

extend
March 12, 2013, 11:23 PM
Just one question?
It has to be Athrun.

I agree that the mobile suit designs from Seed Destiny are phenomenal. Throwing in the Zakus and other U.C. mobile suits into the C.E. era is fine. It's like having Haros all around different Gundam series. I call it homage. I would only be offended if an unrelated mecha series that is not from Bandai is using Gundam designs.

No Gundam series is perfect. Every one of them have their own flaws and problems - even with the U.C. series. However, Seed Destiny had so much problems for me that I can't just shrug off. These are my personal problems with Seed Destiny.

1. Shinn Asuka - He's annoying. Well, most main Gundam protagonists are annoying and whines too much. Thank God U.C. has this Bright slap thing to straighten them out. What I don't like about Shinn is that he had his hatred misplaced, and he, as the series' main protagonist at that time being, failed to be responsible in his own actions. When he returned Stellar to Neo, he asked Neo to keep Stellar away from the battlefield. Neo promised to do so. When Shinn was apprehended, Athrun reminded him the possibility of fighting with Stellar again in the battlefield, and Athrun was right. There's a war going on to do something stupid such as releasing an enemy prisoner.

Here comes Berlin. When Neo revealed that it was Stellar who was piloting the Destroy, given Shinn's "impulsive" nature, he should had been mad against Neo for failing to keep his promise of keeping Stellar away from the battlefield. He also forgot Athrun's warnings that such thing will happen. He never felt responsible of that situation. Kira stopped the Destroy, killing Stellar, and Shinn puts all the blame to Kira. I was like WTF?? What an irrational and irresponsible character! He should be dead by now if Kira did not stop Stellar.

2. Kira - I understand him doubting Zaft due to the attempt to assasinate Lacus Clyne. However, I think he just stopped caring about anything but Orb. Athrun justified to Kira that they had to fight back against Orb and Earth Federation or they will die. Kira's action just caused death to others such as Heine Westenfluss. Should they plan to do something, they could have worked on the root cause of the problem - the Earth Federation.

3. Ray Za Burrel - Of all the villain, I don't get how a loyal villain to the mastermind can easily change his mind just by hearing Kira's preachings! He has always tried to manipulate Shinn by telling him not to listen to Athrun's words. He loved Gilbert so much for him to shoot him.

4. Impulse vs Freedom - This is the biggest problem I have in seed Destiny. My feelings regarding this fight when I first watched it is still the same after rewatching the series, and I share the same feelings as others as well. This is like a fixed fight! Kira could have beaten the crap out of Shinn. This is not Kira - The Beam Spammer we know. He did not utilized the full strength of Freedom in this battle. It's full of inconsistencies just to make Impulse the winner. The explosion could have killed both Kira and Shinn in the end, just as WackyModder pointed out. It was a nuclear explosion that pushed the clouds and Minerva away and left a mushroom cloud.

5. Flashbacks - So overused. I'm so tired of seeing Nicole being struck with the sword. Poor kid.

I could add some more, but it will make my post boring to read due to it being long.

RuinedExia18
March 13, 2013, 12:15 AM
I agree that the mobile suit designs from Seed Destiny are phenomenal. Throwing in the Zakus and other U.C. mobile suits into the C.E. era is fine. It's like having Haros all around different Gundam series. I call it homage. I would only be offended if an unrelated mecha series that is not from Bandai is using Gundam designs.

No Gundam series is perfect. Every one of them have their own flaws and problems - even with the U.C. series. However, Seed Destiny had so much problems for me that I can't just shrug off. These are my personal problems with Seed Destiny.

1. Shinn Asuka - He's annoying. Well, most main Gundam protagonists are annoying and whines too much. Thank God U.C. has this Bright slap thing to straighten them out. What I don't like about Shinn is that he had his hatred misplaced, and he, as the series' main protagonist at that time being, failed to be responsible in his own actions. When he returned Stellar to Neo, he asked Neo to keep Stellar away from the battlefield. Neo promised to do so. When Shinn was apprehended, Athrun reminded him the possibility of fighting with Stellar again in the battlefield, and Athrun was right. There's a war going on to do something stupid such as releasing an enemy prisoner.

Here comes Berlin. When Neo revealed that it was Stellar who was piloting the Destroy, given Shinn's "impulsive" nature, he should had been mad against Neo for failing to keep his promise of keeping Stellar away from the battlefield. He also forgot Athrun's warnings that such thing will happen. He never felt responsible of that situation. Kira stopped the Destroy, killing Stellar, and Shinn puts all the blame to Kira. I was like WTF?? What an irrational and irresponsible character! He should be dead by now if Kira did not stop Stellar.

2. Kira - I understand him doubting Zaft due to the attempt to assasinate Lacus Clyne. However, I think he just stopped caring about anything but Orb. Athrun justified to Kira that they had to fight back against Orb and Earth Federation or they will die. Kira's action just caused death to others such as Heine Westenfluss. Should they plan to do something, they could have worked on the root cause of the problem - the Earth Federation.

3. Ray Za Burrel - Of all the villain, I don't get how a loyal villain to the mastermind can easily change his mind just by hearing Kira's preachings! He has always tried to manipulate Shinn by telling him not to listen to Athrun's words. He loved Gilbert so much for him to shoot him.

4. Impulse vs Freedom - This is the biggest problem I have in seed Destiny. My feelings regarding this fight when I first watched it is still the same after rewatching the series, and I share the same feelings as others as well. This is like a fixed fight! Kira could have beaten the crap out of Shinn. This is not Kira - The Beam Spammer we know. He did not utilized the full strength of Freedom in this battle. It's full of inconsistencies just to make Impulse the winner. The explosion could have killed both Kira and Shinn in the end, just as WackyModder pointed out. It was a nuclear explosion that pushed the clouds and Minerva away and left a mushroom cloud.

5. Flashbacks - So overused. I'm so tired of seeing Nicole being struck with the sword. Poor kid.

I could add some more, but it will make my post boring to read due to it being long.

I like your reasoning. But here are a few things that should be mentioned for the future.
1. When Shinn defeated Kira for the first time, Kira later explains that he wasn't even trying during the fight, because he was confused whether he should have been fighting ZAFT or not. That fight was a good reason to justify the creation of the Strike Freedom. Also, if that's enough, Kira laid down some serious Whoopass on Shinn the next time they met.

2. I know that Shinn doesn't take responsibility for his actions at the time of the show, but here's the rest. While these things are happening, I'll give some "probabilities"
a. Stellar: He returned her, because of how much he cared for her. If he didn't return her, she would have died. Enemy or not, he cared for her and he wanted her alive. When he saw her on the battlefield, he probably was mad rage at Neo; but his main priority at the time was to rescue Stellar once again. If Kira hadn't killed her, then he probably would have turned and attacked Neo after rescuing her again.
b. I don't think his hatred was misplaced. During the beginning, it's very easy to see that he hates Orb because their ordeals and stubborness got his family killed; alongside a whole bunch of other people. It's obvious that the Orb military couldn't have defeated the Earth Alliance, yet they continued on. I'm aware that it's easy for me to say that, but throughout the entire series Cagalli made me want to teabag a bear trap, she was so freaking annoying. I would hate a whole nation if its representative was that stupid too.
c. When Shinn blamed Kira; he wasn't entirely incorrect. Kira is bullheaded about everything he does; you will never change his mind. We saw it on the battlefield when Athrun tried to contact him, and yet Kira didn't respond. Shinn wanted to stop the Destroy as well, but he knew that he could stop it without killing her or even destroying the Destroy itself. Regardless of what Shinn did to try and stop Kira, Kira went ahead and did his invincible bullcrap attacking and killing Stellar. I love it how Kira preaches about not killing anyone and then goes and kills the main protagonist's girl. Makes complete sense.
d. We see in Final PLUS that Shinn meets Kira and is humble about it; he obviously has had a change of heart about things. So it's likely that after this change of heart that he realized all of the wrong he had done, also the possibility of knowing the Berlin was his fault. But maybe it wasn't? The Earth Alliance had endless Extendeds on hand. If Stellar wouldn't have been returned, they would have just used another one.

3. I never liked Rey, he was always kind of a disappointing character.

4. The flashbacks are way overused. That is a problem. Nicol gets killed again every few episodes, along with us seeing Athrun shove a gun in Lacus's face. Too much, I concur.

extend
March 13, 2013, 2:11 AM
I like your reasoning. But here are a few things that should be mentioned for the future.
1. When Shinn defeated Kira for the first time, Kira later explains that he wasn't even trying during the fight, because he was confused whether he should have been fighting ZAFT or not. That fight was a good reason to justify the creation of the Strike Freedom. Also, if that's enough, Kira laid down some serious Whoopass on Shinn the next time they met.

2. I know that Shinn doesn't take responsibility for his actions at the time of the show, but here's the rest. While these things are happening, I'll give some "probabilities"
a. Stellar: He returned her, because of how much he cared for her. If he didn't return her, she would have died. Enemy or not, he cared for her and he wanted her alive. When he saw her on the battlefield, he probably was mad rage at Neo; but his main priority at the time was to rescue Stellar once again. If Kira hadn't killed her, then he probably would have turned and attacked Neo after rescuing her again.
b. I don't think his hatred was misplaced. During the beginning, it's very easy to see that he hates Orb because their ordeals and stubborness got his family killed; alongside a whole bunch of other people. It's obvious that the Orb military couldn't have defeated the Earth Alliance, yet they continued on. I'm aware that it's easy for me to say that, but throughout the entire series Cagalli made me want to teabag a bear trap, she was so freaking annoying. I would hate a whole nation if its representative was that stupid too.
c. When Shinn blamed Kira; he wasn't entirely incorrect. Kira is bullheaded about everything he does; you will never change his mind. We saw it on the battlefield when Athrun tried to contact him, and yet Kira didn't respond. Shinn wanted to stop the Destroy as well, but he knew that he could stop it without killing her or even destroying the Destroy itself. Regardless of what Shinn did to try and stop Kira, Kira went ahead and did his invincible bullcrap attacking and killing Stellar. I love it how Kira preaches about not killing anyone and then goes and kills the main protagonist's girl. Makes complete sense.
d. We see in Final PLUS that Shinn meets Kira and is humble about it; he obviously has had a change of heart about things. So it's likely that after this change of heart that he realized all of the wrong he had done, also the possibility of knowing the Berlin was his fault. But maybe it wasn't? The Earth Alliance had endless Extendeds on hand. If Stellar wouldn't have been returned, they would have just used another one.

3. I never liked Rey, he was always kind of a disappointing character.

4. The flashbacks are way overused. That is a problem. Nicol gets killed again every few episodes, along with us seeing Athrun shove a gun in Lacus's face. Too much, I concur.

1. Yeah. Kira reasoned out that he was confused and somehow distracted or not serious about it. It was the justification on Kira's defeat. However, I felt that it's inconsistent and weak.

It's foolish to think that Kira was not serious during that moment. If someone was on fire, trying all of his might to take your life, won't you be threatened enough to shoot back in your defense?How can someone aim for the kill when he's not serious about it?

Yes, Kira aimed for the kill during his battle with the Impulse.

If you'd recall during Gundam Seed when Kira first returned from the dead with his Freedom on Joshua, he fought with the Duel. The recycled animation showed Freedom doing a back flip and lunges towards the Duel with his beam saber aiming for the cockpit. He then lowered his beam saber and slashed off the legs of Duel and kicked its back.

He did the same maneuver (recycled animation) during his battle the Impulse where Impulse had to temporarily disconnect its lower half to avoid the attack. It was clear that Kira was aiming for the cockpit of the Impulse. If he wasn't, why would Impulse have to separate its lower half?

I'm not against the idea of Freedom being destroyed. However, how Seed Destiny went through with it, I'm not impressed and find it very not so believable.

Kira was known not to shoot cockpits or kill, but on several situations he chooses to. Why? I don't know. Maybe if he finds it the only situation to stop the conflict which I think was his reason why he killed Stellar. In his final battle against Le Creuset, he stabbed Providence's cockpit. Why? Le Creuset was already crazy and cannot be talked out of it. In the end of Seed Destiny, he mentioned that he has to kill Gilbert.

During the battle with the Destroy, Kira did temporarily stopped. He tried to observe the situation and allowed Shinn to try to talk to Stellar. Stellar freaked out after seeing the Freedom behind the Impulse. Was it on purpose that Kira appeared behind the Impulse? I think not. Shinn and Kira did not know why Stellar freaked out. Stellar charged the cannons and was ready to fire. That's the only time that Kira reacted because Shinn was not willing to make a move. This is the reason why I think Shinn's hatred for Kira was misplaced. I'm sorry for not clearing out on my previous post. I was only referring to Shinn's hatred against Kira and not his whole hatred. I still cannot be convinced out of it because it was not shown that he's blaming himself and Neo about the situation. I cannot make any probability if there was even no sign that supports it. Even a small hint could make me accept something

2. I fully understand Shinn's desire to return Stellar to the Earth Federation. He loved Stellar. He failed to realized that for someone like Stellar, living a normal life is no longer possible. His main priority at that time was for Stellar to live. However, he could have placed lives of his colleagues and his crew in danger. It is still an act of treason. Again, I fully understand why he had to do that. However, that is also the very reason why I don't like Shinn.

3. No longer to elaborate more. I agree with you. Kira was stupid when he intervened. He could have fought against the Federation. Cagalli was a strong character during Seed, but she was very annoying during Seed Destiny.

4. Well, the Final Plus was supposed to be the resolution. It's good that by that time, Shinn already has humbled himself. However, what I mean by Shinn not taking responsibility was he never did or felt responsible during the entire course of the series. It would be interesting if near the end, he realized everything and felt remorse and realize that he's just being used as a pawn by Gilbert, then he'll join the fight with Kira and/or Athrun.

I'm kinda a forgiving guy regarding animes and Gundam series. However, the flaws that I saw on Seed Destiny were hard to shrug off for me. So yeah, along with Age, this one is also on my worst Gundam experience.

RuinedExia18
March 13, 2013, 11:02 AM
1. Yeah. Kira reasoned out that he was confused and somehow distracted or not serious about it. It was the justification on Kira's defeat. However, I felt that it's inconsistent and weak.

It's foolish to think that Kira was not serious during that moment. If someone was on fire, trying all of his might to take your life, won't you be threatened enough to shoot back in your defense?How can someone aim for the kill when he's not serious about it?

Yes, Kira aimed for the kill during his battle with the Impulse.

If you'd recall during Gundam Seed when Kira first returned from the dead with his Freedom on Joshua, he fought with the Duel. The recycled animation showed Freedom doing a back flip and lunges towards the Duel with his beam saber aiming for the cockpit. He then lowered his beam saber and slashed off the legs of Duel and kicked its back.

He did the same maneuver (recycled animation) during his battle the Impulse where Impulse had to temporarily disconnect its lower half to avoid the attack. It was clear that Kira was aiming for the cockpit of the Impulse. If he wasn't, why would Impulse have to separate its lower half?

I'm not against the idea of Freedom being destroyed. However, how Seed Destiny went through with it, I'm not impressed and find it very not so believable.

Kira was known not to shoot cockpits or kill, but on several situations he chooses to. Why? I don't know. Maybe if he finds it the only situation to stop the conflict which I think was his reason why he killed Stellar. In his final battle against Le Creuset, he stabbed Providence's cockpit. Why? Le Creuset was already crazy and cannot be talked out of it. In the end of Seed Destiny, he mentioned that he has to kill Gilbert.

During the battle with the Destroy, Kira did temporarily stopped. He tried to observe the situation and allowed Shinn to try to talk to Stellar. Stellar freaked out after seeing the Freedom behind the Impulse. Was it on purpose that Kira appeared behind the Impulse? I think not. Shinn and Kira did not know why Stellar freaked out. Stellar charged the cannons and was ready to fire. That's the only time that Kira reacted because Shinn was not willing to make a move. This is the reason why I think Shinn's hatred for Kira was misplaced. I'm sorry for not clearing out on my previous post. I was only referring to Shinn's hatred against Kira and not his whole hatred. I still cannot be convinced out of it because it was not shown that he's blaming himself and Neo about the situation. I cannot make any probability if there was even no sign that supports it. Even a small hint could make me accept something

2. I fully understand Shinn's desire to return Stellar to the Earth Federation. He loved Stellar. He failed to realized that for someone like Stellar, living a normal life is no longer possible. His main priority at that time was for Stellar to live. However, he could have placed lives of his colleagues and his crew in danger. It is still an act of treason. Again, I fully understand why he had to do that. However, that is also the very reason why I don't like Shinn.

3. No longer to elaborate more. I agree with you. Kira was stupid when he intervened. He could have fought against the Federation. Cagalli was a strong character during Seed, but she was very annoying during Seed Destiny.

4. Well, the Final Plus was supposed to be the resolution. It's good that by that time, Shinn already has humbled himself. However, what I mean by Shinn not taking responsibility was he never did or felt responsible during the entire course of the series. It would be interesting if near the end, he realized everything and felt remorse and realize that he's just being used as a pawn by Gilbert, then he'll join the fight with Kira and/or Athrun.

I'm kinda a forgiving guy regarding animes and Gundam series. However, the flaws that I saw on Seed Destiny were hard to shrug off for me. So yeah, along with Age, this one is also on my worst Gundam experience.

I completely agree with almost everything. You need to understand that Shinn is what... 17? And in the heat of the moment he's not going to feel remorse, and if there is a regretful situation, he's just gonna be like "it's war"
But Stellar freaked out and attacked again not because of the Freedom. If you recall, the Chaos being shot down upset her; but she didn't go crazy. And then some asshole from Orb pursued and tried to kill the pilot of the chaos and that made Stellar go nuts. It was a rough day. But I just wonder exactly why Kira killed Stellar! If you want to stop a giant mobile armor, cut off all of it's weapons. That's what Shinn was doing at the time. THE COCKPIT OF THE DESTROY WAS SLASHED OPEN. You could See Stellar in there from a distance. So Kira just full on stabs the cockpit? Doesn't add up, that's rough.
But yeah, Kira made a run for Shinn's cockpit. But even after that there are times when Kira tries to not kill Shinn. So it's kind of a hard situation to decipher.

These few flaws that we discuss though, they don't ruin destiny. I watched all of the rant videos, and to me I kind of felt like the guy was just placing anger from disappointment on anything he could. The design for Destiny wasn't a ripoff from six other Gundams, it was supposed to be the first freedom Gundam. Well, it was proposed to be. Seeing as to why it looks a lot like the strike. But they liked the design of the Freedom that we know better, so they just waited to put the Destiny in as a different series and situation.

The explosion of Freedom is such a cheap piece of crap it makes me sick. Kira should have died, the Impulse should have been thrown a billion feet away from the explosion. But no. Jesus survives yet again and gets a few scratches. But you think about it?
The Freedom was under the sea. Coincidentally under the Archangel. How do you swing that?
Inconsistencies. I wouldn't blame it on the whole series itself, just the existence and adventures of Jesus Yamato. That is the main cause of the problems in the series.

extend
March 13, 2013, 11:50 AM
I completely agree with almost everything. You need to understand that Shinn is what... 17? And in the heat of the moment he's not going to feel remorse, and if there is a regretful situation, he's just gonna be like "it's war"
But Stellar freaked out and attacked again not because of the Freedom. If you recall, the Chaos being shot down upset her; but she didn't go crazy. And then some asshole from Orb pursued and tried to kill the pilot of the chaos and that made Stellar go nuts. It was a rough day. But I just wonder exactly why Kira killed Stellar! If you want to stop a giant mobile armor, cut off all of it's weapons. That's what Shinn was doing at the time. THE COCKPIT OF THE DESTROY WAS SLASHED OPEN. You could See Stellar in there from a distance. So Kira just full on stabs the cockpit? Doesn't add up, that's rough.
But yeah, Kira made a run for Shinn's cockpit. But even after that there are times when Kira tries to not kill Shinn. So it's kind of a hard situation to decipher.

These few flaws that we discuss though, they don't ruin destiny. I watched all of the rant videos, and to me I kind of felt like the guy was just placing anger from disappointment on anything he could. The design for Destiny wasn't a ripoff from six other Gundams, it was supposed to be the first freedom Gundam. Well, it was proposed to be. Seeing as to why it looks a lot like the strike. But they liked the design of the Freedom that we know better, so they just waited to put the Destiny in as a different series and situation.

The explosion of Freedom is such a cheap piece of crap it makes me sick. Kira should have died, the Impulse should have been thrown a billion feet away from the explosion. But no. Jesus survives yet again and gets a few scratches. But you think about it?
The Freedom was under the sea. Coincidentally under the Archangel. How do you swing that?
Inconsistencies. I wouldn't blame it on the whole series itself, just the existence and adventures of Jesus Yamato. That is the main cause of the problems in the series.

I understand that Shinn is a teenager like most of the main protagonist, but others like Amuro, Camille, Usso, Garrod, and etc. did better.

I had to rewatch Seed Destiny episode 32. Stellar did not freaked out beyond control because of Chaos being taken down. Shinn was starting to calm Stellar. Kira stopped to observe the situation. Freedom hovers behind the Impulse and freaked out Stellar. She charges the cannons on the chest of Destroy, and Shinn tried to calm her down in vain. Kira stabbed the cannons on the chest of the Destroy, not the cockpit. Consider you suggested that Kira should have just cut off the weapons of Destroy, can you provide a better way to disable or cut off a flat cannon mounted on a mobile suit or on a mobile armor's chest specifically the cannons on the chest of Destroy without stabbing it?

katamuro
March 13, 2013, 12:35 PM
I agree with extend on his 5 points. The story and pilots were just forced to do convenient plot wise things and not logical actions. Shinn should not be allowed near a dull knife never mind the mobile suit. Even Kamille fared better. As to kira and Archangel then sure what they were doing was not convenient for anyone but they did it to achieve their objectives which they did in the end.

As to who is char clone then in SEED he is Ray Le Creuset and in SEED Destiny he is Mu La Flaga before he remembers. Rey Ze Burrel is also a char clone but only partially.

Kenico
March 13, 2013, 12:41 PM
I wouldnt say Rey Za burrel is a Char Clone but even if he did it halfassed. as for Mu in SEED Destiny id say hes more of a Glemy Toto Clone than an genuine Char Clone. Further extending my claim that Seed Destiny attempted to recreate the rest of the Universal Century in one series...

Jae102
March 13, 2013, 7:08 PM
I wouldnt say Rey Za burrel is a Char Clone but even if he did it halfassed. as for Mu in SEED Destiny id say hes more of a Glemy Toto Clone than an genuine Char Clone. Further extending my claim that Seed Destiny attempted to recreate the rest of the Universal Century in one series...

Mu is more of an Quatrro Bajeena clone than anything. Neo-Roanoake is a char clone the mask is enough if a reason.

Airaevas
March 13, 2013, 8:38 PM
Age....oh god.
Besides the aforementioned Seed destiny, because i felt seed and its other shows were ok, age takes it for me. I don't like being the guy who criticizes something without fully giving it a try. So when Age was getting bad, which in my opinion was when the asemu arc started, I grit my teeth and continued hoping for some sort of salvation....What i got was kio, kio f****** asemu. Continued to watch till the end and I just couldn't stand it. The vagan, most if not all the characters besides flit and woolf, even the last enemy kio fought was, to me, the weakest final antagonist suit ever. Whoever said that age was just to sell gundam designs is completely right. But thats not enough to give it justice.
The original mobile suit gundam, zeta, chars counterattack to me were just amazing especially CCA. It showed my favorite gundam protagonist go through real trials and tribulations in becoming who he was. Gundam unicorn is equally amazing and right now is in a dead heat with these shows. UC is where its at

oh zaku>leo every time ;)

extend
March 13, 2013, 9:18 PM
These few flaws that we discuss though, they don't ruin destiny.

I think it is more proper to say that these flaws are subjective to the viewers. It did ruined Destiny for me. I had my hopes up. I loved Gundam Seed. I was happy when Seed Destiny was announced, but I ended up not liking it. Don't get me wrong, man. I'm not trying to make you dislike Seed Destiny. Our discussions were just my response to your question why Seed Destiny is one of my worst Gundam experience.

The design for Destiny wasn't a ripoff from six other Gundams, it was supposed to be the first freedom Gundam. Well, it was proposed to be. Seeing as to why it looks a lot like the strike. But they liked the design of the Freedom that we know better, so they just waited to put the Destiny in as a different series and situation.

I don't have problems with the designs. I actually think that mobile suits from Seed Destiny are wonderful.

Flabbergasted. I won't blame it entirely on Kira. When Athrun escaped with Meyrin using a Gouf, it was stabbed by Shinn. The mobile suit exploded, and the torso and cockpit survived. Pretty convenient. If it's a nameless pilot, the same attack would cause the whole mobile suit to be completely disintegrated.

So when Age was getting bad, which in my opinion was when the asemu arc started, I grit my teeth and continued hoping for some sort of salvation....

I think Asemu arc was the best. That was just my opinion though.

The original mobile suit gundam, zeta, chars counterattack to me were just amazing especially CCA. It showed my favorite gundam protagonist go through real trials and tribulations in becoming who he was. Gundam unicorn is equally amazing and right now is in a dead heat with these shows.

My favorite among all of the U.C. OVAs is the Stardust Memory. No Newtypes. Pure skill.

For the U.C. series, it's definitely be Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. On the other hand, I'm not really that impressed with CCA. Yes, it was the conclusion to the Amuro vs. Char rivalry, but I wish it could have been done differently. Quess and Hathaway are so annoying. The ending was vague, and I never understand what happened. I tried to rewatch it over and over. Amuro just got covered with green bright light. For me, it could mean a lot of things. It really did not showed the Nu Gundam vanishing. I think it lacked a proper epilogue to clear things out. It felt rushed.

Airaevas
March 13, 2013, 10:55 PM
I think it is more proper to say that these flaws are subjective to the viewers. It did ruined Destiny for me. I had my hopes up. I loved Gundam Seed. I was happy when Seed Destiny was announced, but I ended up not liking it. Don't get me wrong, man. I'm not trying to make you dislike Seed Destiny. Our discussions were just my response to your question why Seed Destiny is one of my worst Gundam experience.

I don't have problems with the designs. I actually think that mobile suits from Seed Destiny are wonderful.

Flabbergasted. I won't blame it entirely on Kira. When Athrun escaped with Meyrin using a Gouf, it was stabbed by Shinn. The mobile suit exploded, and the torso and cockpit survived. Pretty convenient. If it's a nameless pilot, the same attack would cause the whole mobile suit to be completely disintegrated.

I think Asemu arc was the best. That was just my opinion though.

My favorite among all of the U.C. OVAs is the Stardust Memory. No Newtypes. Pure skill.

For the U.C. series, it's definitely be Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. On the other hand, I'm not really that impressed with CCA. Yes, it was the conclusion to the Amuro vs. Char rivalry, but I wish it could have been done differently. Quess and Hathaway are so annoying. The ending was vague, and I never understand what happened. I tried to rewatch it over and over. Amuro just got covered with green bright light. For me, it could mean a lot of things. It really did not showed the Nu Gundam vanishing. I think it lacked a proper epilogue to clear things out. It felt rushed.

I do agree with the flaws in CCA hathaway and quess were extremely annoying and I didn't know if we were supposed to hate them or not. I wish they were how beltorchika's children and gundam evolve presented them. They were more likable characters and it would bring a follow up for hathaways flash like an OVA. beltorchika's children should of been how the CCA was until the end. I also wish the cast from zeta or double zeta were in this, i could care less if it was a very long movie, it would be great to see these characters all fighting respectively while still keeping the highlight with amuro and char. I also liked how I didn't know what happened to amuro and char. It let me conclude for myself what happened to them. Stardust memory and 008th ms team were all amazing! i forgot to mention them.

ItsVince725
March 13, 2013, 11:00 PM
I'm actually not much of a fan of Unicorn...

I have no love for Banagher and I feel that keeping it so close to CCA while having so few actual established UC characters hurts it. The only ones that are more than mere short cameos are Bright, Mineva, and Marida (who is Ple Twelve). I really would have liked to see how characters like Kamille and Judau were doing, but clearly I never will.

extend
March 13, 2013, 11:04 PM
Actually, Astonaige Medoz did. He made it from Zeta to Double Zeta to CCA. He died in CCA.

RuinedExia18
March 13, 2013, 11:55 PM
I rewatched Destiny a few times today, and you're right about this. The Freedom's presence causes Stellar to lose it. Where is the Destroy's cockpit anyway?

extend
March 14, 2013, 12:49 AM
I think it's on the stomach below the chest cannons. Impulse was able to slash to it open. Interestingly inconsistent enough, a mere overloading and explosion of the cannons right above the cockpit of Destroy was enough to kill Stellar while Kira and Shinn survived the nuclear explosion from point blank range.

katamuro
March 14, 2013, 11:40 AM
thats because Stellar is a sacrifice. Every gundam show has one. It was Four Murasame in Zeta. I really dont like what they have done with Shinn vs Kira thing. It just seems so random.

RuinedExia18
March 14, 2013, 12:21 PM
It was a nuclear explosion? Stellar's body came out with bruises and scratches. That's one weak nuclear force.

Kenico
March 14, 2013, 12:33 PM
Theyre talking about the fight between Kira and Shinn...i think lol

extend
March 14, 2013, 11:58 PM
It was a nuclear explosion? Stellar's body came out with bruises and scratches. That's one weak nuclear force.

Oh. The nuclear explosion I'm talking about was the explosion of Freedom when Shinn defeated Kira, and yet they survived the ordeal even though they are both at point blank range. On the other hand, the explosion due to the overloaded chest cannons of the Destroy was enough to kill Stellar.

katamuro
March 15, 2013, 7:27 AM
its just variable plot armour, we always have it. It gives shitty characters ability to survive and kill of more important characters.

RuinedExia18
March 15, 2013, 10:08 AM
I can't really tell if I'm starting to slowly hate Destiny now ha
But the more we talk about this the more I hate Kira -_-

ItsVince725
March 15, 2013, 1:02 PM
Kira is not a very good character. He's God Mode entirely because the Japanese fanbase likes him, which is also why he survives things that would kill even a Terminator.

Polaris Gundam
March 15, 2013, 2:36 PM
Kira is not a very good character. He's God Mode entirely because the Japanese fanbase likes him, which is also why he survives things that would kill even a Terminator.

Only in his gundam is he invincible... get him out and I'm sure a pipe bomb to the rib cage and then being crushed by a molding press would get him...
or if you submerge him in molten metal...

Kira was one of my favorites. until they gave him an English voice actor that would be one of the last people on my list to choose.
Matt Hill, the same voice actor as Ed, from Ed, Edd, and Eddy
and Seed isn't that bad. and nor is Seed Destiny.
it was the greatest this in Gundam to come out recently! and looking back on it now, its mediocre, and Seed Destiny would be sixteen episodes shorter if they took out all the Flashbacks!
Seriously If I saw poor Nicole get sworded by Kira, or Shinn's Family get killed one more time, I'd be Nostalgic for it...
and lets not forget all the recycled footage they put into every episode. "do we have to show the impulse docking into its parts every time he launches? or every time the Saviour draws its saber does he need to do a roll?
knowwhatImean?
Seed had some good music, and some good moments! but it felt rushed. and especially the dub, the ocean groups of 7 voice actors were recycles and rehashed and even scraped the bottom of Cartoon Networks voice talent.
and then they forced out dozens of Video games which were just copy and pasted other games. with a Gundam Seed sticker slapped on it.
Seed Destiny: same thing
although better music and better Gundams and a few guest pop stars as Pilots.
oh wait we already did this... did I mention we recycled other mobile suits from other shows you liked?
You mean the GINN isnt a rip off the Zaku?
Heavens no! the Zaku is a Rip off of the Zaku...
what?
yeah this show isnt very original.
heck SEED is just a retelling of the First Mobile Suit Gundam and SEED Destiny is the new hipster's Zeta Gundam.
But Gundam would NEEEEVER take elements from other gundam shows (that was sarcasm if anyone agrees with me) it just seems Seed/Destiny is the most noticeable.
well that's my two cents on Seed(s)

Shin Starlord
March 15, 2013, 3:48 PM
Kira was one of my favorites. until they gave him an English voice actor that would be one of the last people on my list to choose.
Matt Hill, the same voice actor as Ed, from Ed, Edd, and Eddy
and Seed isn't that bad. and nor is Seed Destiny.

That was a stupid stupid move. They should have used Brad Swaile instead. Matt Hill has this annoying laid-back surfer tone. Quite frankly, it's the opposite of what Kira Yamato is, he's not laid back at all.

ItsVince725
March 15, 2013, 5:08 PM
Lacus was voiced by an actress who usually does preschool cartoons, which did nothing to make her a confident political leader.

Polaris Gundam
March 15, 2013, 5:15 PM
That was a stupid stupid move. They should have used Brad Swaile instead. Matt Hill has this annoying laid-back surfer tone. Quite frankly, it's the opposite of what Kira Yamato is, he's not laid back at all.

Brad Swaile? cant be Kira, However, he's one of my favorite Voice talents in Anime. but He has already been Amuro and Quatra and Setsuna!
he cant be anyone else! especially a protagonist in Gundam.
Matt Hill, does sound like a surfer bum,
Its also weird when you associate a actor as souly with the show you first heard or saw them on.
Its like when you see William Shatner in anything else. hes always captain kirk as (whoever)
Its always weird when browsing TV and I come accross Adventure time and I hear Princess Bubblebum's voice. and in the back of my head Im saying Holy crap thats Lacus Clyne.

Deathscythe!
March 15, 2013, 5:17 PM
^

That just shows how admirable RLC and his English voice actor are.

RuinedExia18
March 15, 2013, 7:04 PM
I'm gonna be straight up here, I liked Kira's voice acting, along with Athrun's.
Athrun was Edd and Kira was Ed.
Regardless of their past voices, I can't see it interfering.

Shin Starlord
March 16, 2013, 12:22 AM
Brad Swaile? cant be Kira, However, he's one of my favorite Voice talents in Anime. but He has already been Amuro and Quatra and Setsuna!
he cant be anyone else! especially a protagonist in Gundam.
Matt Hill, does sound like a surfer bum,
Its also weird when you associate a actor as souly with the show you first heard or saw them on.
Its like when you see William Shatner in anything else. hes always captain kirk as (whoever)
Its always weird when browsing TV and I come accross Adventure time and I hear Princess Bubblebum's voice. and in the back of my head Im saying Holy crap thats Lacus Clyne.

AS for Lacus Clyne, she had a lot of singing scenes. Now I can't tell if it's the same voice actress, but her singing voice and her speaking voice just don't fit together. Strange enough, toward the end of SEED, like the final 10 or so Phases, it was appropriate for her being a Captain.

Dangerous_D
March 16, 2013, 4:37 AM
it's a tie of Seed D and G Savior for worst

Shin Starlord
March 16, 2013, 5:33 AM

That's just cruel.

Dangerous_D
March 16, 2013, 6:06 AM
AS for Lacus Clyne, she had a lot of singing scenes. Now I can't tell if it's the same voice actress, but her singing voice and her speaking voice just don't fit together. Strange enough, toward the end of SEED, like the final 10 or so Phases, it was appropriate for her being a Captain.

they had someone else doing the singing

Polaris Gundam
March 16, 2013, 8:10 AM

I thought we decided it couldn't be a movie, only series. If that's the case, Awakening of the Trailblazer and G-savior were the breadwinner(s)

AND yes, that is just cruel.

RuinedExia18
March 16, 2013, 1:59 PM

Whoa whoa whoa there. That's way too much cruelty there.

If we're talking movies, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's CCA.

Quess is a bizzatch. The whole movie just annoys me. And the Amuro vs. Char fight isn't even appealing. Char gets stomped with hardly any effort.

Polaris Gundam
March 16, 2013, 2:33 PM
Whoa whoa whoa there. That's way too much cruelty there.

If we're talking movies, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's CCA.

Quess is a bizzatch. The whole movie just annoys me. And the Amuro vs. Char fight isn't even appealing. Char gets stomped with hardly any effort.

*spit take*

Seriously? you chose CCA over G Saviour, and Awakening of the Trailbalzer?

But yes Quess is Annoying beyond all reason. so I'll give you that. but CCA is NOT THAT bad...

ItsVince725
March 16, 2013, 4:26 PM
CCA's main flaw is the characters that aren't Char and Amuro.

Kayra, Chan, Rezin, Nanai, Gyunei, Quess, and all those other forgettable or not good characters bring the movie down.

Shin Starlord
March 16, 2013, 4:45 PM
CCA's main flaw is the characters that aren't Char and Amuro.

Kayra, Chan, Rezin, Nanai, Gyunei, Quess, and all those other forgettable or not good characters bring the movie down.

Kayra's fine, her relationship with Astoniage was a good microplot.

Chan was terrible. Good character, but terribly introduced. They should have gone with Beltorchika instead.

Rezin - meh

Nanai's also a good character, but her background, sucking up to Char just to get her rank, that made me hate her.

Gyunei... ... ... what a dork

Quess ... ... ... I don't get these girls. Char doesn't like you, he's just using you. If this where real life Char would be charged for pedophilia, I don't get why it had to be him and not someone like say, Gyunei, who was fighting for her affection OR Hathaway, who cared for you.

Now what kind of importance did Rezin have to the plot?

katamuro
March 16, 2013, 5:15 PM
Pretty much all the new characters in CCA are annoying and out of place.

Dangerous_D
March 16, 2013, 6:04 PM

Chan was terrible. Good character, but terribly introduced. They should have gone with Beltorchika instead.

Rezin - meh

Nanai's also a good character, but her background, sucking up to Char just to get her rank, that made me hate her.

Quess ... ... ... I don't get these girls. Char doesn't like you, he's just using you. If this where real life Char would be charged for pedophilia, I don't get why it had to be him and not someone like say, Gyunei, who was fighting for her affection OR Hathaway, who cared for you.

I had a segment called things you would never hear in a Gundam Series, and one of them was everyones reaction to when Quess was Killed, "Everyone: Thank God"

Polaris Gundam
March 16, 2013, 6:08 PM

Rezin - meh

Maybe he unwillingly harnessed the power of Schiracco and his womanizing powers.
who knows what he was doing During ZZ Gundam.

Thats something I never Got, how did Char just show up and be like, Hey Neo Zeon, lets do this thing, and get rid of those Gaza D's
is ZZ really that realavent to the Plot

ItsVince725
March 16, 2013, 6:53 PM
I'm curious what Beltorchika's Children changes besides new suits for Char and Amuro and having Beltorchika instead of Chan...

Also, am I the only one who's wondered what the hell Kai is doing when he's not making very rare appearances in Zeta and Unicorn?

Zeta
March 16, 2013, 7:09 PM
Also, am I the only one who's wondered what the hell Kai is doing when he's not making very rare appearances in Zeta and Unicorn?

He's a journalist.

Shin Starlord
March 16, 2013, 7:17 PM
I'm curious what Beltorchika's Children changes besides new suits for Char and Amuro and having Beltorchika instead of Chan...

Beltorchika and Nanai carry Amuro and Char's children, respectivly... there's also a theory that Usso Ewin is the grandson of Char... because his mother shares the same last name with Nanai... this is all speculation though...

Kai is more or less 'fanservice' without arousing anyone. They're trying to show off older characters without spoiling anything. Same case with Bright.

ItsVince725
March 16, 2013, 9:55 PM
He's a journalist.

Well yeah, but we see him so rarely that it seems like he's doing something super awesome and we just don't know about it.

Shin Starlord
March 17, 2013, 4:49 AM
Probably writing some newspaper article for some no name newspaper on earth.

What he needs to do, is hijack a television broadcast, like what the AEUG did.

Let's face it, Kai's an idiot. Everything would have worked out better for him if he stuck with the AEUG. Not joined, tagged along.

Dangerous_D
March 17, 2013, 11:20 AM
kinda sucked that Hayato was killed in ZZ, I know when I saw CCA I kinda wondered what happened, especially back in 2002 I didn't know he died in ZZ

Shin Starlord
March 17, 2013, 12:57 PM
I don't know if they just felt lazy when making ZZ, or they wanted to tone down Gundam for a while. ZZ was more hilarious, but it doesn't have the entire 0079 cast like Zeta did. I'd like to know more about Amuro, things like that. Sayla's hinting of Char was not enough.

CCA on the other hand didn't reward watchers with old faces. Like the list of new characters mentioned above, nobody really gives them much of a damn.
Bright, Amuro, and Char. They're the only 3 characters from 0079 and Zeta (And Bright from Zeta) to return to CCA.
Giving characters a mention, such as Hayato, Katz, would have been nice too.
Tomino, I hate you for killing off Katz and Hayato. How dare you... Katz was annoying, but he didn't deserve to die.

Dangerous_D
March 17, 2013, 6:38 PM
especially since he was one of the 3 orphan children from side 7 when Zeon first attacked

Deathscythe!
March 17, 2013, 6:53 PM
I don't grasp why many hate Hayato.
I've always thought of Hayato as a reliable one.

katamuro
March 17, 2013, 8:28 PM
yeah I always liked Hayato. and Kai too. Two normal guys fighting a war.

RuinedExia18
March 17, 2013, 8:30 PM

He was reliable to Frau Bow. That's about it.
In 0079, he honestly didn't serve much of a purpose.
I really really would have much rather had hayato go than Sleggar.
Sleggar = Everyon'e hero. Hands down.
You know what I want to see?
A fist fight between Sleggar and Char.

Dangerous_D
March 17, 2013, 8:37 PM
He was reliable to Frau Bow. That's about it.
In 0079, he honestly didn't serve much of a purpose.
I really really would have much rather had hayato go than Sleggar.
Sleggar = Everyon'e hero. Hands down.
You know what I want to see?
A fist fight between Sleggar and Char.

now that would've been freaking epic

extend
March 17, 2013, 8:55 PM

Especially in MSGZ. There was a growth from 0079 to MSGZ. My goodness... I'm spoiled... I haven't seen ZZ. I never knew he was killed. T_T

RuinedExia18
March 17, 2013, 11:29 PM
I'm the same way. I was never aware that he died at all. If Hayato was in ZZ, then why wasn't Amuro?

Dangerous_D
March 18, 2013, 1:29 AM
I wasn't aware either cause I haven't seen ZZ

jaster-jesek
March 19, 2013, 4:06 PM
Having never seen the live action one, I have to say G Fighter is almost certainly the worst Gundam series. Any series that involves martial artists destroying building-sized mobile suits with their bare-hands just has to be classified as worse than anything else.

But, sadly, there are a lot of bad series through the history of Gundam...

From my understanding, ZZ was pretty terrible, but I only know its plot from various games. I never tried to watch the whole thing. I could barely stomach getting through Z with its blatant worship of Char and a main protagonist whose actions seemed to be dictated far more by the plot than by actions a human being would or could ever take. The Char's Counterattack movie was pretty dull and really didn't pay off in any way it promised.

Gundam Wing had a few good mobile suit designs, but that was about the only good thing about it. The basic outline of the factions could have worked, but without any real characters as part of those factions there couldn't be any real emotional impact. Instead, it seemed to generally revolve around nearly invulnerable Gundams piloted by kids who had no clear goals or motivations slaughtering suits for well... just because. And the plot armor thing got really out of hand.

Gundam Seed was one of the better series. I was fully in favor of making a modern version of the original's basic plot-- although... well... things did seem a bit rushed in the end. It was as though they realized 80% through the series that half the things they wanted to do weren't done yet so they had to hurry along.

Destiny however was really bad. It started off with promise, but it really repeated way too much of what happened in Gundam Seed and then less than half-way through it seemed to just fall completely off the rails and by the end things were resolved in such a way that it the whole series seemed to amount to absolutely nothing. There were some good mobile suit designs though.

00... I don't know that it was bad so much, but it is the only anime I have seen besides Code Geass and Death Note where the protagonists that the series is telling the viewer to like and sympathize for were just so utterly evil and despicable that I spent the majority of the series just rooting for them to be killed by the much cooler, more human and more interesting "antagonists"... only for me to get denied that pay off. It was even worse than Gundam Seed when it came to overpowered Gundams just mowing through people who were unfairly entirely incapable of actually being a credible threat to them. But-- hey... the series kept me engaged enough to watch it to the end even if I felt uncomfortable doing so.

I have heard bad things about V and X, but I haven't seen them. Turn A is pretty good, but if one is hoping to see cool mobile suits... it kind of fails in that aspect. It is the Gundam series with the fewest mobile suits in it.

Shin Starlord
March 19, 2013, 4:39 PM
Sir, please don't take this the wrong way. I kind of cried a little when I read your post, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

First up: Mobile Fighter G Gundam. The Martial Arts part wasn't bad, and neither was The Devil Gundam. What was terrible about it... the plot. It's nice how it doesn't follow the path of the UC that came before it. It was simple, it reminded me of other shonen anime. Praise to the authors though. I can't hate on the fact that "Shining Finger" can destroy a mobile suit. This is more logical than equiping a mobile suit with a Rifle. Why? A mobile suit is a giant robot. What's the point of having equipable side arms when the robot is supposed to be able to have basic melee functions? Mobile Fighter G Gundam in the long run: Artistic Masterpiece. DBZ + Mecha. Yes.

Okay, ZZ. Yes, it was depressing. Z on the other hand... Z was amazing. Blatant worship of Char? That's what the ideal of GUNDAM IS.
You just said CCA was pretty dull... I can't say the same. It could have been better, yes! It wasn't terrible though, and it wasn't dissapointing.
Watch this movie and PAY ATTENTION to the words. It has politics. It sounds to me like you're just looking at the flash and mobile suits. There's more to it than that.

Did you just say Gundam Wing's only good point was the mobile suit designs? You just cut down Z, CCA and now Wing, are you into Gundam at all?
At times, I could smack Relena. However, Gundam Wing's politics far transcend the UC, even! By the words of Treize Khushrenada, Gundam Wing is the best of all the AU series.

Oh my goodness, you just praised SEED. You're not the first, but I can now see why you slandered the older more faithful Gundam series.
I however have to agree with you on this, it did modernize 0079 and give it a new coat of life, that's why I like SEED.

I can also see you have a mutual hatred for Destiny like a lot of others here.
I'm not going to pick on your opinoins for V, and X, though Turn A's lack of 'cool mobile suits' is natural considering it happens after the Black History.

By the way, you didn't mention 0079, you did see this, right?

Zeon's RedComet
March 19, 2013, 4:45 PM
Shin Starlord summed up everything I was going to say.

jaster-jesek
March 19, 2013, 5:39 PM
First up: Mobile Fighter G Gundam. The Martial Arts part wasn't bad, and neither was The Devil Gundam. What was terrible about it... the plot. It's nice how it doesn't follow the path of the UC that came before it. It was simple, it reminded me of other shonen anime. Praise to the authors though. I can't hate on the fact that "Shining Finger" can destroy a mobile suit. This is more logical than equiping a mobile suit with a Rifle. Why? A mobile suit is a giant robot. What's the point of having equipable side arms when the robot is supposed to be able to have basic melee functions? Mobile Fighter G Gundam in the long run: Artistic Masterpiece. DBZ + Mecha. Yes.[\quote]

I wasn't referring to the Shining Finger attack. I was referring to the parts where Master Asia and Domon, not in mobile suits, tears apart mobile suits using their bare HUMAN hands.

[QUOTE=Shin Starlord;65997]Okay, ZZ. Yes, it was depressing. Z on the other hand... Z was amazing. Blatant worship of Char? That's what the ideal of GUNDAM IS.
You just said CCA was pretty dull... I can't say the same. It could have been better, yes! It wasn't terrible though, and it wasn't dissapointing.
Watch this movie and PAY ATTENTION to the words. It has politics. It sounds to me like you're just looking at the flash and mobile suits. There's more to it than that.

Look, I can tell from your Avatar all I need to know about you and why you would never see eye to eye with me on the issue.
But Char is by far the most over-rated character in any series of Gundam-- and that is perfectly fine if it is among the fanbase, but when that leaks into the actual series?
Consider if you will-- from the moment the Federation launched its very first mobile suit, Char lost every single battle he participated in. Moreover, every single ally he was working with, every single important figure he was assigned to protect, every single soldier entrusted in his command ended up dead-- while he repeatedly ran away like a coward rather than fighting until the very end. He was unsuccessful in every venture and had a horrendous war record and did considerably less damage to his enemy forces than Dozzle and M'Quve. Moreover, in the final critical moment he was entrusted with the ultimate, one-of-a-kind mobile suit and STILL manage to be a complete failure. Whatever excuses and allowances a viewer might make for him, within the universe itself he never should have been viewed as the penultimate pilot, a great successful and crusading hero nor the guy that everyone would want to rally behind and follow. Moreover, even if one were to perceive that his goal was apparently to eliminate the Zabi family, he certainly makes no effort to do so most of the time-- and the only time he did so, it was done as basically an afterthought and in an entirely spineless manner.

So to have Kamille begin spouting about how great and wonderful Char was and how he so brilliantly got his revenge by exterminating the entire family of the person who killed his father-- something that absolutely no one in the entire universe besides Char and Sayla should ever have known about (and since Char was playing dead and Sayla CLEARLY made no attempt to spread knowledge of her true identity, we can say absolutely no one else EVER would have known) right in front of Char's face (except apparently we aren't supposed to know he is Char because... no reason) really stood out as the prime pinnacle of absolutely inexcusably horrendous writing. But, everything that had happened to that point-- everything Kamille had done, everyone's reaction to everything Kamille did, the whole manner in which the Titans dealt with the terrorists was so badly written and bungled, that the whole "I'm declaring my love to you, Mr. Popular character, and using knowledge I should not have to do so!!" was just the final

Did you just say Gundam Wing's only good point was the mobile suit designs? You just cut down Z, CCA and now Wing, are you into Gundam at all?
At times, I could smack Relena. However, Gundam Wing's politics far transcend the UC, even! By the words of Treize Khushrenada, Gundam Wing is the best of all the AU series.[\quote]

And the politics and factions might have worked had there ever been any fleshed out characters by which to make any of it actually work. But there weren't. There were only a few characters that had enough screen time and development and they were all either Gundam pilots or OZ. And outside of Endless Waltz, there really isn't much to make of the Gundam pilots or their motives at all.
To improve the series tremendously, one would first need scenes involving the Earth Alliance against the colonies and an proper reasoning as to why and how the colonies were forcibly disarmed-- utilizing actual characters with names and faces who get enough screen time to be memorable.
Then there would need to be a proper background as to the rise of OZ and Treize taking his role in it. Have him dispute and rival with characters from the Earth Alliance. Perhaps even make sure there is an Earth Alliance character who is his friend.
And then that whole thing that didn't appear until endless waltz about the Gundams being created-- with reasons given why and how the boys who took them ended up getting them and why they knew to be targeting OZ.
At that point, when OZ turns on the Earth Alliance-- it has some impact. Have most of the Earth Alliance characters killed off, perhaps saving that one who was Treize friend and now sworn enemy surviving as a hold-out.
Then to finish eliminating the Earth Alliance, it would make more sense for the colonies to be armed once again. Make sure there are actual characters in this faction-- some of whom should have been tied back to the creation of the Gundams. Hell, have major colony character be someone who was originally going to pilot one of the Gundams before they were stolen be a character who decides to join OZ's space forces as one of its main pilots and take to fighting the Earth Alliance and the Gundams.
Then, once the Earth Alliance is eliminated, with Treize's former friend being one of the last ones to die (and perhaps as a direct result) Serpent's Tail appears with some actual pilots-- a couple who might have been previously introduced as part of OZ's Space Forces who break off being led by Millardo.
This would put OZ in a position where the creation of Mobile Dolls makes more sense, despite Treize's objections, because it is clear OZ cannot trust normal pilots.
From that point things could continue on much as they did in the anime-- only now with multiple named and developed enemies to the Gundam pilots among the OZ and rebel forces.

But, you see-- it would require such a fundamental rewriting of the series in order to become more sensible and flow better that it just wouldn't be the same series. In fact, the biggest part would be that the Gundam boys would end up pretty much side-lined as a result of the rewrites in order to bring out the aspect of what is happening politically and make the shifts actually mean something beyond what color suits the Gundams are cutting through as though they were paper dolls. Unfortunately, this whole story thread of Gundam Wing is buried under so much selfish boy angst that instead of feeling like it was the main plot of the series, it really feels like it was tacked on.
In fact, short of having a metaplot guide, I could easily see how someone could have missed a lot of what was going on overall because after the first third or so, Gundam vs. Gundam duels are given much more time than developing the overall metaplot (which in the first few episodes is just really, really rushed).

[QUOTE=Shin Starlord;65997]Oh my goodness, you just praised SEED. You're not the first, but I can now see why you slandered the older more faithful Gundam series.
I however have to agree with you on this, it did modernize 0079 and give it a new coat of life, that's why I like SEED.

I can also see you have a mutual hatred for Destiny like a lot of others here.
I'm not going to pick on your opinoins for V, and X, though Turn A's lack of 'cool mobile suits' is natural considering it happens after the Black History.

By the way, you didn't mention 0079, you did see this, right?

The thread is called worst Gundam series, right? I didn't mention any that I thought were pretty good.
In fact, the criticism of most of the series stems from how badly they fail to live up to the original.

Deathscythe!
March 19, 2013, 6:40 PM
TL;DR.

Well, as you seem to be ranting about Char, I'll contribute to it.

Allow me to say this :

I find Char cool. I like him. He is able to regard things in a neutral manner. He can be shrewd.

Why does Char lose so many battles?
Becuase Zeon suits lack capabilites compared to the EF's suits. EF suits surpass Zeon suits in power and combat resilence by far.
The GM's design is based on intel/data collected by Gundam.

Anyway, that's not what I was actually going to focus on.

Char is a well-skilled pilot. He's not the best though.
There are people such as Shin Matsunaga, Gato Anavel and so on that supposedly exceed Char.

I wasn't going to concentrate on skill either.

Char and Amuro both have something in common.
It's called whininess for Lalah.

How come Char and Amuro both build up such fondness of Lalah ?
What the hell ?

As far as I am aware, Lalah has been an orphan before she is alloted to Char, meant to be a protégé of his.
They haven't known each other for that long when Lalah gets killed by Amuro. (Well done Amuro!)
C'mon, Lalah is just a woman like everyone else. (no sexual harrassment intended )
Sometimes it seems as if Char and Lalah had been living together for their whole life.
Furthermore, Char always gets mad at Amuro for causing lalah to perish.
Blablablalba to make a long story short, Char is an EMO, considering the fact he goes insane mainly because of Lalah.

Yeah, we also may take into consideration that Lalah sacrifices her life on Char's behalf so he's enabled to keep living.
It's okay to regret occurances such as these but going all hitler is wrong. You can not advocate such a behaviour at all.

And what about Amuro ?
He doesn't even know Lalah well when she dies.
Why feel rueful about it ?

C'mon, not even anyone of the Wing boys would act like this. Not even close.
Nor would anyone from Seed.

Not even Usso does. AND USSO HAS WITNESSED THE MUCH WORSE than Amuro and Char have by 0093.
What's Usso's condition like in the end of V-Gundam ?

He's cheerful, being with those who remain alive.

Now replace Char and Amuro with Usso.

Usso outruns Char and Amuro in every category given.
Goddamnit, Usso even hijacks a mobile suit while it's being piloted by an ace.

Amuro/Char < Usso Ewin

Airaevas
March 19, 2013, 9:48 PM
I'm the same way. I was never aware that he died at all. If Hayato was in ZZ, then why wasn't Amuro?
Watch gundam evolve. Amuro was facing neo zeon as "the white unicorn" with his own zeta corps

Airaevas
March 19, 2013, 9:58 PM
TL;DR.

Allow me to say this :

I find Char cool. I like him. He is able to regard things in a neutral manner. He can be shrewd.

Becuase Zeon suits lack capabilites compared to the EF's suits. EF suits surpass Zeon suits in power and combat resilence by far.

There are people such as Shin Matsunaga, Gato Anavel and so on that supposedly exceed Char.

What the hell ?

As far as I am aware, Lalah has been an orphan before she is alloted to Char, meant to be a protégé of his.
They haven't known each other for that long when Lalah gets killed by Amuro. (Well done Amuro!)
C'mon, Lalah is just a woman like everyone else. (no sexual harrassment intended )
Sometimes it seems as if Char and Lalah had been living together for their whole life.
Blablablalba to make a long story short, Char is an EMO, considering the fact he goes insane mainly because of Lalah.

Yeah, we also may take into consideration that Lalah sacrifices her life on Char's behalf so he's enabled to keep living.
It's okay to regret occurances such as these but going all hitler is wrong. You can not advocate such a behaviour at all.

And what about Amuro ?

Not even Usso does. AND USSO HAS WITNESSED THE MUCH WORSE than Amuro and Char have by 0093.

Amuro/Char < Usso Ewin

Remember being a newtype is a completely new type of understanding of one another. For us, we saw amuro and lalah together for a short time but they could know who they truly were by being newtypes in such a short amount of time, that by the time they fought, they probably knew each other on a personal level. I won't say anything about the "amuro/char < usso ewin" thing because frankly I'm in major MAJOR disbelief that you feel that way

jaster-jesek
March 20, 2013, 2:25 AM
TL;DR.

Well-- hold on there. Yes, a viewer of the series would know that Amuro in the Gundam was neigh invincible, the problem I am mentioning is how he was perceived by characters within the story itself. On second thought, absolutely no one in the universe other than Char himself knew he had anything to do with the Zabis defeat. He never bragged to anyone about what he did to Garma (and if he did have any pride in that, it is a shock he didn't hunt down and kill Minerva before her first birthday), he had nothing at all to do with Dozzle or Ghiren dying-- and killing Kycellia was something no one bore witness to and survived (except him-- for some inexplicable reason).

For anyone looking at the raw numbers, Char had an absolute horrendous battle record. He failed every single mission and got everyone around him killed. Someone with that sort of record does not get remembered as some sort of legendary hero. Even if he were the single most skilled pilot to ever step into a cockpit, the only proof of his skill (since, again, everyone who was ever on his side in a battle died) would have been his battle record. There would be no reason for anyone with a view of Char from what the people living in that world had evidence of to praise him or desire to follow him in any way. To moreover, have a character praise Char to try to convince the audience that the character was great citing things he only sort of did and absolutely nobody knew about as the reasons for praising him-- that was unbearably sloppy writing. It'd be like if Wedge came up to Luke in the end of the first Star Wars and said how cool it was Luke managed to defeat his own father's special tie fighter thanks to the ghost of Anakin's dead master, Obi-wan.

Of course, everything everyone had done to that point was very sloppily written. Everything Kamille did that led to him taking the Gundam Mk. II was done in such a way it seemed more about maneuvering the character where he needed to be for the plot than actions that would reasonably be taken by a person. His reactions to just simple basic things were so extreme, unreasonable and generally terrible that one would have been right to question his very sanity. The fact that the Titans just let him fly off with the Gundam without any sort of fight rather than simply killing him right there on the spot rather than let the Gundam Mk. II fall into the hands of rebels. The fact that the Titans repeatedly tried to negotiate with the ship-- to the point of exchanging members, even after the AEUG showed it had no intention of negotiating peacefully or keeping up their side of any bargain, when it would have been so much easier, better and more rational to simply blow up the AEUG ship or at least cripple it and leave it floating in space until everyone on board starved to death.

Maybe the series got better in the later half, but out of all the Gundam series, it really was the one that seemed the worst written in terms of forcing characters to act in dumb ways merely to move the plot along in order to demonstrate points to the audience.

Dangerous_D
March 20, 2013, 3:00 AM
TL;DR.

Allow me to say this :

What the hell ?

And what about Amuro ?

Amuro/Char < Usso Ewin

I liked Char better Zeta Gundam

Powerman293
June 19, 2014, 2:01 AM
The worst I've seen so far? ....Wing.....

Wing is what happens when you describe Gundam's central premise to somebody (politics, giant robots, action, space colonies, young heroes with big steps to take) and they imagine it blow everything out of proportion and make it as boring as possible.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
June 19, 2014, 5:50 AM
Wing was just dull. No one outside of Treize i cared for, animation was bad(0079 has more consistant animation than Wing) and everyone was stupid/pretetious
Seed Destiny is worse. I f###ing hate this show. Its easily biggest fail in the frachise. It cemented my hate for Kira Yamato and his plotarmor.
F that guy.I also hate the shitty writing and characters, the shitty politics and ho black and white everyone is

TheWhiteWolfofSolomon
June 20, 2014, 7:08 PM
I owe jaster-jesek a cheer for pointing out many of the flaws of early mainline UC that so freaking many people overlook. You sir are a shining example of looking at things objectively.

Powerman293
June 20, 2014, 10:13 PM
I owe jaster-jesek a cheer for pointing out many of the flaws of early mainline UC that so freaking many people overlook. You sir are a shining example of looking at things objectively.

Honestly, I could care less about First Gundam(at least the movie trilogy version dunno about the series but I imagine I wouldn't care much either). It exists, it started everything, Tomino created the franchise yadda yadda yadda.

First Gundam has a lot of problems, mainly because it's unrefined, with weird balancing if the plot. I think its sucessors (Zeta Gundam on) got the space opera thing down a lot better then First Gundam. In a vaccum, I wouldn't care about First Gundam but since it's connected to the inspiration of every other Gundam series and it's events affect every series set in the UC, what is built upon its foundations are awesome.

Deathscythe!
June 21, 2014, 6:54 AM
Worst is 00 S2.

Powerman293
June 21, 2014, 12:36 PM
Worst is 00 S2.
Reasons? Sorry, I just want to know and understand other people's opinions.

TheWhiteWolfofSolomon
June 21, 2014, 5:16 PM
Honestly, I could care less about First Gundam(at least the movie trilogy version dunno about the series but I imagine I wouldn't care much either). It exists, it started everything, Tomino created the franchise yadda yadda yadda.

First Gundam has a lot of problems, mainly because it's unrefined, with weird balancing if the plot. I think its sucessors (Zeta Gundam on) got the space opera thing down a lot better then First Gundam. In a vaccum, I wouldn't care about First Gundam but since it's connected to the inspiration of every other Gundam series and it's events affect every series set in the UC, what is built upon its foundations are awesome.

When I refer to early mainline UC I am talking about Zeta too, and it's issues were pointed out pretty clearly as well.

Powerman293
June 21, 2014, 7:21 PM
When I refer to early mainline UC I am talking about Zeta too, and it's issues were pointed out pretty clearly as well.

I'm almost done with Zeta, and there's a lot of problems with it, but I don't lump it in with the "Don't care" category, for me personally, as First Gundam because it actually got me to care about its characters and is much more clear about what it wants to do.

Edit: Man, I just finished Zeta and thanks for the fucking middle finger to my favorite character, Tomino. Fuck you right back. This is why I like the movie ending a lot better. All I need now is ZZ movies that follow the New Translation Universe and I'll be happy.

Powerman293
July 20, 2014, 1:44 PM
I'm having an arguement over on another forum on WIng and I still stand that Wing is mediocre/bad.

Dlinker
July 20, 2014, 6:15 PM
There are a few people here who think Wing isn't that great and I'm one of them. Sure, it was the series that got me into Gundam in the first place and it does have some neat concepts, designs, and character, but overall it's not something I would call great. I wouldn't watch it ever again, for example, unless I'm only viewing the important/cool scenes.

Zeta
July 20, 2014, 6:49 PM
I actually find Gundam Wing being so average, it's so-so. Is it good Gundam series? No. Is it a bad Gundam series? No. Part of that problem stems from the fact that the characters are so bland (especially the Wing Boys) and this problem won't be fixed until Endless Waltz (and the manga Episode Zero) when each of the pilots back-stories are expanded upon and gives reasons why they're fighting instead of fighting just because.

Squee
July 20, 2014, 7:05 PM
Definitely G Gundam

Shin Starlord
July 21, 2014, 2:40 PM
Can't remember what I said the last time I posted in this thread, well, it doesn't matter anymore.

During the entirety of 2013 I've managed to see most of the main seasons in Gundam, though I really have yet to watch Gundam AGE due to busybusybusy.

And I don't really think I've seen anything that I did not like enough for me to call it the "worst" series.
I say this merely because every series that I have managed to see left a little impression on me.

Back when I first got started on Gundam about 4-5 years back, I would have told you that G Gundam was the worst. Simply because I thought it was stupid how each of the characters were so selfish. For example, in Hong Kong, despite the fact that Devil Gundam was resurrected, Chibodee, George, Argo and Saici preferred to accomplish their own goals, instead of saving the world. Then there was how Domon firewall'd Rain's feelings for him because he can only communicate with his fists. Domon is 20+ and he acts worse than Kamille. I didn't get that.

So then, going back and looking at it, I can't blame G Gundam as a series for these facts. In the second-last battle with Devil Gundam, the Shuffle Alliance put all of their selfishness aside for the better, and Domon finally was able to understand Rain like a normal human. I don't know if it was some mutated version of character development, but they managed to do good.

In the latter of 2013 (When GF went down), I visited some other Gundam communities on the web, got their insight on the series.
Most people will tell you that SEED and SEED Destiny are "just awful", like the sheeple they are.
I say sheeple because it's so damn obvious that they all have the same opinion because they don't want to look bad in a crowd.
I'm not even saying this because I actually enjoyed the CE works, I say it because anyone that visits these communities will notice this hive behavior.

But anyway, I don't really want to get on about that.
Looking at all of the Gundam tv series except AGE, I'll have to give the award of "worst series" to Victory Gundam.

I don't give it this title because it's bad in any way.
However, the tension between Katejina and Uso is a rather tired concept.
We've seen it in the 3 previous series too.

The characters also do not stand out. Even Chronicle Asher, who was supposed to be a "Char Clone", did not really rub off on me like Char Aznable once did.
Junko was cute though :p

So that's what I have to say this time around, being familiar with more Gundam shows now than I once did. This might also be my final opinion on this matter.
I did however enjoy Victory. Don't get me wrong about that.

Thank you for reading, and good night.

Jamz
September 17, 2014, 3:03 AM
I actually kind of like G Gundam, but only because of the action. I have to turn my brain off to enjoy it. It's sort of like Sword Art Online for me that way. That said, I think we're all forgetting that the worst Gundam series ever is Gundam SD Superior Defenders, in which the robots were human sized. It was poorly animated and I could not stomach it for more than three episodes. That said, my knowledge of the the franchise is limited as the only ones I've seen to completion thus far are the original Mobile Suit Gundam and New Mobile Report Gundam Wing.

Zeta
September 17, 2014, 3:09 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about Superior Defenders Gundam. It's... different. I think it's only worth one full viewing (all 52 episodes), and then you decide whether or not to remember or forget about it.

Zaku
September 17, 2014, 3:10 AM
Wasn't that the one aimed at like really little kids?

Zeta
September 17, 2014, 3:12 AM
Yeah. That said, it got kind of dark. I think a few of the SD mobile suit characters die at certain points.

Zaku
September 17, 2014, 3:16 AM
I guess for little kids thats supposed to have a huge impact. I saw one episode then wrote it off as a kids show. And just never watched again.

Shin Starlord
September 17, 2014, 7:57 PM
I personally thought Super Defender was a wonderful show aimed at a young pre-teen audience. That being said, it won't appeal to mature viewers if you're looking for the depth that the "actual" works had. Still, it's a nice watch. If you have kids and you want to raise them on Gundam, get them to watch this.

I think I mentioned this once before, it reminded me a bit of Megaman Legends, hah.

Zeta-G
September 17, 2014, 8:07 PM
I think I'll go with Build Fighters for getting kids into Gundam, because even little kids don't deserve being subjected to SD Gundam Force. SD Gundam Force makes G-Saviour look like Shakespeare. ;)

Shin Starlord
September 17, 2014, 8:19 PM
I think I'll go with Build Fighters for getting kids into Gundam, because even little kids don't deserve being subjected to SD Gundam Force. SD Gundam Force makes G-Saviour look like Shakespeare. ;)

Right, true that. But don't forget that kids don't have privilege of opinion.

Zeta-G
September 17, 2014, 9:23 PM
I'm not saying that one can't enjoy SDGF, I'm just saying that I personally thought that it was incredibly stupid, even for a kids's show.

Kenico
September 17, 2014, 9:40 PM
honestly, SDSBBW Was a hell of alot better. I WISH IT WAS DUBBED! Id take that over SDGF any day!

Lacus Prime
September 18, 2014, 6:27 PM
I actually kind of like G Gundam, but only because of the action. I have to turn my brain off to enjoy it.

I love G Gundam for the exact same reason, I just watch and enjoy as Domon and Master Asia pull of superhuman feats and shout the names of their attacks in loud voices.

PaladinGundam
September 18, 2014, 7:35 PM
Honestly, SD was bad but for some odd reason I did enjoyed the atmosphere of the anime. I enjoyed Zero and Bakunetsumaru, just Captain came off to me as bland. Even when the show progressed, he doesn't change that much. Shoot was annoying from the start, but the idea that he needs to cheer captain on so that way he can activate the soul drive is like how kids who watch tv shows cheer on their heroes to keep fighting to save the day when the going gets tough. Captain was designed to be bland for the audience so they can put their shoes in Shoot's shoes so they can see themselves cheering on for their robot hero.

That was the purpose of Bakunetsumaru and Zero who had a more definable personality. Since they weren't bland and had a hilarious dynamic with their opposite natures, they made quite a memorable duo.

And let's be real here guys. The Captain Punch with a spinning fist as it punches sounds pretty kick ass. Certainly beats, hilariously, Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch any day.

What was odd about the series is how every episode lead to another plot, as if it were continuing in each episode. For something that was meant for kids bizarrely had a following story line. Every episode felt unique and doesn't keep me from getting bored. Yes I know some plot lines are stupid...and what the Zakus do are pretty dumb as well, but can't the same thing be said to other things to various Gundam franchises? In the end, if I see the silly, cartoony nature of the show to be enjoyable, then I can certainly say that SD Gundam Force can be quite enjoyable if you want to watch something that has an easier plot to follow and if you like cartoony silly humor. Unlike Destiny, SD Gundam knows what it's trying to be and executed it accordingly. Destiny was horrible because the plot was everywhere, pointless at times, doesn't know what direction to follow, characters that are meant to be taken seriously but fail miserably to be realistic, and worst of all we have Jesus himself to thank.

What makes a Show bad is that it doesn't know what it's trying to be and is everywhere by a result, or it knows what it's trying to be and fails hard at it...I'm looking at you, sword art online.

Kenico
September 18, 2014, 7:43 PM
....Alright you got a point there...^_^...In some form or another it WAS in a way ok...but I still like Brave Battle Warriors, even IF it isn't dubbed lol.

- - - Updated - - -

And good to hear from you man! Scared to death you went off the grid again! lol

Twitch
September 19, 2014, 3:40 AM
I personally do not like SDGF or G. They were not Gundam in any way. ZZ Gundam did not seem to really fit in with things, at least in my opinion. Plus it was WAY too happy and upbeat. The G-Saviour movie was alright for being a live-action film, and I appreciate it for that. But I do not consider it UC canon. I read about Turn A, and I do not like it. The main Gundam does not even look like a Gundam and it is WAY OP.
Concerning Wing, I agree that there were not that many "enemy" ace pilots. However, I do like the Gundam designs, especially the EW versions. I like how the story talked about the introduction of the Mobile Dolls, which is an issue that we face today. I work on military aircraft and read up on the UAV vs manned systems debates a lot. There are advantages and disadvantages to both, but I think that if you completely remove the soldier from the battlefield then war completely loses its meaning. EW had one of the best dialogue scenes ever when Heero accepts the challenge and busts through the bunker's protection.
I like SEED (original, I will get to Destiny momentarily). There were no ZAKU remakes/exact copies in SEED, which is appreciated. Freedom looks awesome, I really like the style that it has. I do not see any instances of OP Mobile Suits in SEED because EVERYONE gets beat up. SEED Destiny, on the other hand, is okay. Not outstanding, but okay. The titular Gundam gets whooped BAD on several occasions, and Strike Freedom seems OP to me. It still has a cool design, but it is still OP. And the story is a rehash of the first series, however I felt that the ending was a letdown. I mean, nothing really got resolved. I could go on, but I will stop there.

Edit: I do have a question about Unicorn Gundam, though. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and it is great to see the classic Mobile Suits in the new animation techniques. But since F91 and Crossbone happened, does that mean that the actions in Unicorn Gundam in all actuality amounted to nothing? Seems like a HUGE plot hole to me.

Kenico
September 19, 2014, 4:21 AM
Nah, Unicorn explains why the Feddies don't have such a presence in Space as they originally did. If you noticed in F91, there were not a lot of Federation troops save for a VERY small attachment at Frontier IV. That made it easy for the CV to take em apart. So yeah lol. Basically the Unicorn OVA's explain how the Feddies lost a ton of influence and power over the last 27 years.

and not a bad critique if i do say so myself about the other stuff above :D

Dom Tropen MS-09D
September 19, 2014, 4:32 AM
Not at all.

Twitch
September 19, 2014, 5:09 AM
Nah, Unicorn explains why the Feddies don't have such a presence in Space as they originally did. If you noticed in F91, there were not a lot of Federation troops save for a VERY small attachment at Frontier IV. That made it easy for the CV to take em apart. So yeah lol. Basically the Unicorn OVA's explain how the Feddies lost a ton of influence and power over the last 27 years.

and not a bad critique if i do say so myself about the other stuff above :D

Not at all.

I guess from that standpoint the time between Unicorn and F91 does make sense. I guess I would have just expected the story to go into a different direction after Unicorn, like with more Newtypes about, an understanding of Psychoframe technology, etc. I am still waiting for some flak about me saying that I like SEED series one with all of the Kira hate I see flying around. I do have some other things to point out about SEED and SEED Destiny. For example, in the Gundam-verse, a Gundam is a rare and powerful unit with limited production. In SEED and Destiny, everyone gets a Gundam! It kind of takes away from the uniqueness that is Gundam. I am fine with limited/mass-producing Gundam-types (RX-79[G], Victory, Adele, ReZEL, and Delta Plus, just to name a few) since it does make sense. However, there are just FAR too many single-production types in the SEED-verse. Unless you count the M1 Astrays that were developed by ORB, since I view them as "mini-Gundams".

Kenico
September 19, 2014, 5:52 AM
lol. i know your feels man about the M1, one of my faves lol

But yeah, personally I do like SEED to a point, the original was "ok" nothing to write home about but still good. Destiny was appalling but I mostly blame the backdoor politics that happened behind the scenes that led to it's downfall. It never stood a chance with those two scumbags at the helm (Fukuda and his wife), The CE had so much potential and in SEED they did ok (Remastered did a better job but still average) Destiny up until the episode titled "Nightmare" was in fact pretty awesome in certain points...but after that...facepalm...it just goes to hell story and character wise...Kira could in fact have been a great character but sadly he, along with several characters, were handled horribly and they either turned into useless characters or in Lacus Clyne and Kira himself cases, into Mary Sues.

There are some great mecha designs (the tech sometimes is impractical (citing beam saber's lack of repelling factor and the impracticality of Anti Ship Swords) but the designs were cool) and some characters (like Mu La Flaga, Rau Le Cruset, and Dearka Elseman) were actually awesome, even outshining the main characters. So yeah, Its not direct hate (in my case) but more or less the hate of how the CE was handled.

Then of course there's Stargazer...WHOO! I've got NOOOO problem with it! It did EVERYTHING RIGHT across the board in mecha, story, character design and development, and overall handling and execution of the series. Only problem? TOO DAMN SHORT! Its only 3 episodes long and I WISH it was at least 6-12 Episodes long! That's its only crime and honestly, given the choice between this and watching Destiny, Id take Stargazer in a heartbeat...and if you haven't watched it GO DO IT!

- - - Updated - - -

In other words, I don't think anyone wont give you flak for being a SEED Fan. If you're cool with it, flaws and all, Then go right ahead man! And if i haven't said it already, welcome! :D

Dom Tropen MS-09D
September 19, 2014, 5:59 AM
^Basicly that.
Only Gundam series I HATE! Is Destiny. It's pure incompetence trough and through.
But if you like it, I'm cool with it. As long as we don't start discussing it's plot. It makes me angry.

Zeon's RedComet
September 19, 2014, 9:34 AM
Personally I think AGE is the worst, now I can see where it had potential with a new idea, but it droped the ball in pretty much every catagory in my eyes.

With Destiny I at least got Mecha designs I liked and a few moments that I enjoyed.

Twitch
September 21, 2014, 11:22 PM
*Warning* Some spoilers may follow.

So here is another question that is posed to the Unicorn Gundam series, but first I have to start off with a few facts. Zeon Zum Deikum first proposed the Newtype theory. Char Aznable, aka Casval Rem Deikun, is Zeon Zum Deikum's son. In Japan, red is normally the color of the hero/protagonist. Char pilots (for the most part) a red Mobile Suit. Unicorn Gundam reveals that the Newtype theory was correct and that the Federation was wrong for excluding and shunning Newtypes and spacenoids like they did. So does this mean that Char is in fact the true hero and protagonist of the early Universal Century timeline? Which would mean that Amuro was actually fighting on the wrong side, at least during the original Mobile Suit Gundam series and in Char's Counterattack. I wonder how much of this they thought out and/or knew when MSG first made its debut.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
September 21, 2014, 11:41 PM
It's very difficult to claim that either Amuro or Char we fighting for the "wrong " side. Both the Zekes and Feddies had their reasons for fighting.

Exia
September 21, 2014, 11:42 PM
Zeon's reasons were better.

- - - Updated - - -

F*** the Feddies.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
September 21, 2014, 11:44 PM
Correction: F**k the leadership of Federation. The most incompetent bunch of money and power hungry bastards eva!

Exia
September 21, 2014, 11:48 PM
Nah, I mean what I typed. Can't exactly say I like characters from the Federation.

Zeon's RedComet
September 21, 2014, 11:54 PM
Nah, I mean what I typed. Can't exactly say I like characters from the Federation.

Can't blame you, most feddies are pretty bland.

I like Shiro...and bright and Sleggar.

Otto and the crew of the Nahel Argama (Sans Riddhe, screw him, and screw everything he represents) were cool too. So were the Tri Star Feddie Ver. Amuro was okay at times.

Yeah that's about it. I don't count Seabook because he was a Civilian and I don't count Banahger as he was on the side of the people.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
September 21, 2014, 11:54 PM
That's cool. I Only dislike the higher ups of Federation. Most grunts are Okay.

Zeon's RedComet
September 21, 2014, 11:55 PM
Oh yeah South was cool too, so was the Captain of the Albion.

Twitch
September 21, 2014, 11:55 PM
True, each side had their own reasons, and the entire UC is not a simple "good vs bad" theme like most works of fiction out there. It still makes you think, though. I still like the part about red being the hero color and it being Char's color.

"It's a conspiracy!"

Dom Tropen MS-09D
September 21, 2014, 11:59 PM
Mind =Blown!