PDA

View Full Version : hobby lobby

uncleremuslegend
August 28, 2012, 1:04 PM
don't know if you guys like to buy paint/supplies from a specific retailer or online, but if you go to hobbylobby.com on the smartphones, they have a coupon updated daily for 40% a single item.. it's a pretty great deal if you have one close by...i visit daily to get the best bang for the buck on all my supplies... kind of a pain to just buy one item at a time, but if you have one with in 5mins like me, heck i pass 4 of them on the way home from work, it's really worth it! :thumbs:

Gundamben831
August 28, 2012, 2:34 PM
damn I wish I had one near me in my town =( the closet place is more of a RC and train hobby store. I really need a airbrush and a dremel badly, only because with both of those I could do a lot more detail work.

uncleremuslegend
August 28, 2012, 2:57 PM
according to the store locator there is one less than 25miles from your city, well worth the drive for 40% off a AB/compressor setup...
store info :
990 Cochrane Plaza
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
408-776-7608

edit: just noticed the road structure there in that area... that looks like a fun place to drive, but a pain to get anywhere

Gundamben831
August 28, 2012, 3:00 PM
unfortunately where I live and the only freeway to get there is over a mountain that's why I usually just say fudge it and buy online. Trust me if you drove that freeway you would understand.

uncleremuslegend
August 28, 2012, 3:02 PM
lol..edited as you were responding :thumbs:

Squee
August 28, 2012, 5:44 PM
Use that coupon to buy an iwata from them. That's really one of the best uses for that coupon! You save so much. I wish i had one near me :/

Edit* Didn't see remus's post saying basically the same thing lol

Gundamswag
August 28, 2012, 10:54 PM
I live really close to one. Thanks for the info dude! That's where I plan to go whenever I get the time so I can check out their selection of paints for painting gunpla.

thwalker13
August 29, 2012, 7:21 AM
WOW! Thanks for the info man. I'll definitely use that coupon when I finally get an air brush. Luckily I have one rather close to where I work.

uncleremuslegend
August 29, 2012, 11:11 AM
yeap, got a tube of tamiya white putty and some cement applicators for less than $5... can't be beat, and multiple uses in one day since the code is a blanket daily code so you don't have to DL another one, just pull it up on the phone and give the code to the cashier... been doing this since i got back into the hobby, and guess what ? i saved more than 15% on car insurance... lol...

just wished they stocked tamiya paints, not just the modelling supplies... but with all the money saved on other stuff paint is cheap anyhow...now to learn the procedure for createx paints and save even more... lol... i am cheapo