PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to All Turn A Fans

swark34
August 16, 2012, 5:15 AM
I have to say sorry to you turn a fans out there, orginally i judged turn a instead of giving it a chance. So i watched the series and its ok its not my fav series or gundam desighn. But its not as bad as I thought it would be. its decent

squeam
August 16, 2012, 6:12 AM
Turn A is totally worth it, if you can deal with the unorthodox MS designs. Which I actually like the Turn A - have the MG and it is one of Bandai's best!

Deathscythe!
August 16, 2012, 10:57 AM
I don't understand this thread's purpose. Does anybody else, excluding the one who did start this topic here a little while ago or squeam who's already answered? Well, I don't

Exia
August 16, 2012, 11:03 AM
I don't understand this thread's purpose. Does anybody else, excluding the one who did start this topic here a little while ago or squeam who's already answered? Well, I don't

Yeah, he's saying sorry to everyone he pissed off by saying Turn A looks bad and he wasn't gonna watch it. How can you not understand that?

Deathscythe!
August 16, 2012, 11:30 AM
Well, he apologized for affronting Turn A, but actually, he hadn't said anything that could be expected to insult TurnA fans, had he?

I was wondering about his posting and excusing for it for I didn't regard submitting one's own opinion, be it based on having watched it or not knowing anything about it. I thought he had considered it as bad signifying nothing more but thinking and as far as I'm concerned, people are permitted to think whatever they intend to think, aren't they?

Exia
August 16, 2012, 11:46 AM
I believe he said something along the lines of he wasn't going to watch Turn A because of the old school animation and because the mobile suit designs look wierd. It's basically an apology for "judging a book by its' cover" so to speak. Most people would give it a change before bashing it, he didn't therefore, apology.

For what it's worth, I've never seen Turn A, nor will I. The Turn A looks like shit and I'm not watching it regardless of what anyone says. If I can't like the mecha designs in a mecha show then why bother watching.

Amuro Ray
August 16, 2012, 12:55 PM
Because the best mecha anime have never been about cool mecha designs, it's why Wing is such crap...

GNzaku0023
August 16, 2012, 1:48 PM
I still think it's one of the best Gundam series out there, it was thoroughly enjoyable. And I'm glad you gave it a chance, swark.

swark34
August 16, 2012, 2:08 PM
Couldn't have said it better than my self thanks Exia, Yes i was juding a book by its cover . I should't have done it but it happens i will try to keep a more open mind about things. Hopefully those who do not understand will get the point that i am getting across .

Yeah, he's saying sorry to everyone he pissed off by saying Turn A looks bad and he wasn't gonna watch it. How can you not understand that?

Deathscythe!
August 16, 2012, 2:22 PM
Because the best mecha anime have never been about cool mecha designs, it's why Wing is such crap...

Nice avatar you've been using for a while now. If I'd been you, I'd have changed it before claiming it to be poop.

Hopefully you only meant to express your being digusted by wing only. Should you not've done so, you've now insulted me. (I am reffering to my nickname.)

Gundamswag
August 16, 2012, 3:43 PM
I've just now taken a look at a lot of the mobile suits from Turn A and while they are unconventional as Sqeam stated, I also think they are really cool.

squeam
August 16, 2012, 4:14 PM
Where's GNZ? We got a Kapool appreciater over here....

GNzaku0023
August 16, 2012, 4:15 PM
Kapool = best ever. We need a RG Kapool.

I could see a RG Turn-A in the future, which would be awesome.

Asterisk
August 16, 2012, 4:25 PM
RG Turn A; most complicated leg assembly EVER.

Gundamswag
August 16, 2012, 5:11 PM
Ok, so a lot of you know that Toonami is back on Cartoon Network. I watched it, but I felt something was missing and that something was Gundam. I think it would be a great idea for Toonami to start airing Turn A. Then I'd watch it. If it was a hit then they could dub stargazer too.

Exia
August 16, 2012, 5:21 PM
Can't happen. Toonami doesn't have the money to to liscense all of it, which is what Bandai is trying to get. In order for Toonami to get a single gundam show, they'd have to buy the complete liscense, not the single liscense for the single series, the whole thing everything gundam. Even the shows that have no dub.

That's more or less what I've read, granted I'm not the most up to date person on these sorts of things.

Gundamswag
August 16, 2012, 5:28 PM
Why is Bandai so stupid.

PsycommuLeviathan
August 16, 2012, 6:38 PM
Originally I had a problem with the design of the Turn A suit, I think it was left to somebody "oustide" the company I believe. Despite that it's off beat style actually was quite captivating. Char clone, I mean Harry Ord was my favorite character from the show. And Loran is also a trap.

WackyModder84
August 16, 2012, 8:09 PM
I have to say sorry to you turn a fans out there, orginally i judged turn a instead of giving it a chance. So i watched the series and its ok its not my fav series or gundam desighn. But its not as bad as I thought it would be. its decent

I think the ultimate thing to always remember in this case is:
"Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover."

Something that people are STILL to this day having a huge problem with Gundam AGE over. :rolleyes:

squeam
August 16, 2012, 10:39 PM
Can't happen. Toonami doesn't have the money to to liscense all of it, which is what Bandai is trying to get. In order for Toonami to get a single gundam show, they'd have to buy the complete liscense, not the single liscense for the single series, the whole thing everything gundam. Even the shows that have no dub.

That's more or less what I've read, granted I'm not the most up to date person on these sorts of things.

From what I know, that isn't written in stone; but is based on Bandai/Sunrise's actions in the past. And they don't like to change their philosophies. So, yeah, that's probably pretty accurate.

Gundamswag
August 17, 2012, 12:15 AM
Does Bandai really think that they can make money off of Gundam in America if no one KNOWS about gundam in America? They need to make Gundam known and the only way to do that is to get it on tv.

Exia
August 17, 2012, 12:22 AM
What makes anyone think that Bandai cares? It obviously is still a franchise that makes money, or else they wouldn't continue making new gundam shows. Not to mention, I doubt the real money is in broadcasting. It probably more akin to merchandizing. And the japanese eat it all up. Look at all the gunpla that there is. Bandai seems more short term goal oriented now, than long term goal. Or else they'd know to put gundam on the air and provide some gunpla commercials to get more people into spending money on gundam related items.

squeam
August 17, 2012, 6:14 AM
They tried the whole commercial thing once and it didn't go so well. Or at least as well as they had hoped. So they quit. Gundam/Gunpla in America seems like just a curiousity to Bandai. Kind of like "Hey, let's see what happens if we show this stuff those silly Americans. What? It didn't instantly become a part of the entire country's culture? Oh well. That was entertaining; back to REAL work." If it had become a mega hit and all their pie-in-the-sky hopes had been met, Gundam would've have stayed and been promoted more; but they missed. I think they figure they make just as much money now as they would make if they threw tons of time and resources at the NA market. In the end.....they may not be that wrong.

Amuro Ray
August 17, 2012, 10:18 AM
Nice avatar you've been using for a while now. If I'd been you, I'd have changed it before claiming it to be poop.

Hopefully you only meant to express your being digusted by wing only. Should you not've done so, you've now insulted me. (I am reffering to my nickname.)
No I mean that Gundam Wing, the show, is crap.

The Heavyarms is awesome though...

I think they figure they make just as much money now as they would make if they threw tons of time and resources at the NA market. In the end.....they may not be that wrong.I think they are definitely not wrong. There's just not a market for it here. I think hobby shops and the like will be the only places you're going to see Gundam model kits being sold in ever here in North America.

I think that it really doesn't matter if Gundam ever gets really popular here. It's huge in Japan so it's never going to go away. There will always be a way to get a model kit if online if there's one I really want and there will always be a way to get episodes of the anime, even if it's just downloading fansubs.

Deathscythe!
August 17, 2012, 12:38 PM
No I mean that Gundam Wing, the show, is crap.

I think that it really doesn't matter if Gundam ever gets really popular here. It's huge in Japan so it's never going to go away. There will always be a way to get a model kit if online if there's one I really want and there will always be a way to get episodes of the anime, even if it's just downloading fansubs.

What convinces you to expect Wing not to ever vanish? As for me, the time will've come for Gundam to disappear in 50 years. Everything deceases, so will Gundam, in spite of them being very successful.

Gundamswag
August 17, 2012, 1:31 PM
Well, I think Gundam AGE could make them a lot of money. If I were a business, I would get it aired in America. I know this kid who loves the gundams just from seeing them one time. He thinks they're insanely cool. He couldn't stop playing with my old dragon gundam figure. I'm not saying Bandai does care. I'm saying they should. I would love to have at least Turn A dubbed like they said it would be, but hey, I can always watch the subs. It's just kind of a letdown that something I grew up with is fading away.

Amuro Ray
August 17, 2012, 3:59 PM
Well, I think Gundam AGE could make them a lot of money. If I were a business, I would get it aired in America. I know this kid who loves the gundams just from seeing them one time. He thinks they're insanely cool. He couldn't stop playing with my old dragon gundam figure. I'm not saying Bandai does care. I'm saying they should. I would love to have at least Turn A dubbed like they said it would be, but hey, I can always watch the subs. It's just kind of a letdown that something I grew up with is fading away.Well, the way I understand it, Bandai's focus is mainly on selling model kits. So the animes exist to promote that, but they're never going to sell model kits here in North America in the numbers that they want to so they're never going make releasing animes here a priority.

I think Bandai could certainly make more money off of us here in the western hemisphere, but it would mean changing their whole business approach so there's not a whole lot of chance of that happening anytime soon. They make so much money from Gundam in Japan that they don't need to sell it to us here, so what little they do manage to sell here is just extra.

I think it would be nice if Bandai cared a whole lot more about Gundam's audience here but they don't and they don't have to and frankly I don't need them to...

Gundamswag
August 20, 2012, 1:05 AM
I've started watching the series today and I have to say that I am really enjoying it. However, I must admit I thought the pilot of the Turn A was a girl until watching the series. lol

swark34
August 20, 2012, 1:49 AM
Lol how do you like the akward looking mobile suits and
Kihel Heim isn't to bad on the eyes only if she was real

I've started watching the series today and I have to say that I am really enjoying it. However, I must admit I thought the pilot of the Turn A was a girl until watching the series. lol

Gundamswag
August 20, 2012, 3:37 AM
I think that the unique designs are a nice change of pace and actually look pretty cool. In fact, the mobile suit designs is one of my favorite parts of the show. The mechs do not look like they are from a gundam series, but that does not mean they don't look cool. It's all in the eye of the beholder, my friend.

swark34
August 20, 2012, 5:37 AM
lol thats one of the most positive reviews for turn a gundam i ever read

Gundamswag
August 20, 2012, 6:18 AM
When I watch 00, one of the main reasons why it appeals to me is because they went all out with the mecha designs. They are all very unique. Turn A Gundam appeals to me for the same reason. Aside from a few recycled suits from the U.C. timeline, all of the other suits are very unique, even the gundams. That's just impressive considering a lot of gundams and mobile suits are quite derivative.

swark34
August 20, 2012, 6:27 AM
yea 00 got sum bad ass mobie suits. I even like the flags. Yea when i seen tha Zaku in turn a i was like yea buddy lol . Yea i know alot of gundam pay homage to the RX-78 Gundam