PDA

View Full Version : PG RX-178 Gundam MkII AEUG Colors

Universal Artist
August 10, 2012, 2:58 PM
I'm thinking of getting the PG MkII AEUG but there are no reviews anywhere online. The only reviews are for the Titans variation. I understand they are essentially the same model, but they are different. Anyways, is this model worth the $200 or is there a better perfect grade to get instead? (Not including the Strike cause i have that one already)

uncleremuslegend
August 10, 2012, 3:20 PM
the only difference is the blue colorization vs the standard RX colors... unless there are weapons variations... i have the MKII and it's a really nice kit... if you are looking for something a little 'nicer' then look into some Glorious kits, limited PG's or some resin kits... it's a really open-ended question right there... :thumbs:

my next PG will be WGCO or one of the 3 strike variations... look into my WIP thread for a pic of the final assembly before disassembling and getting ready for the real work

Universal Artist
August 10, 2012, 3:27 PM
I looked at your thread and i decided the MkII is pretty great. Are you still painting yours?

uncleremuslegend
August 10, 2012, 3:37 PM
nah, haven't gotten around to getting all the prep-work done... between work, kids, wife, cars and golf i only get a few hours each week to really make any headroom... i just got him down to the inner frames and looking for some extra free time... should have an update this weekend, now to just find my portable tank and get to spraying and hand painting the framework

Universal Artist
August 10, 2012, 4:05 PM
nah, haven't gotten around to getting all the prep-work done... between work, kids, wife, cars and golf i only get a few hours each week to really make any headroom... i just got him down to the inner frames and looking for some extra free time... should have an update this weekend, now to just find my portable tank and get to spraying and hand painting the framework

Have you seen this? It impressed the heck outa me. http://ocealos.wordpress.com/2012/05/04/remodel-rx-178-gundam-mk-ii-aeug-ver-pg-160-scale/

TwilightKing
August 10, 2012, 4:27 PM
0.0 Oh. My. God.

Universal Artist
August 10, 2012, 5:53 PM
0.0 Oh. My. God.

Awesome right?

thwalker13
August 10, 2012, 6:09 PM
That Mk.II looks amazing. Words does not describe it's awesomeness.

Universal Artist
August 10, 2012, 6:18 PM
That Mk.II looks amazing. Words does not describe it's awesomeness.

I'm using that MkII as my new standard for customizations. Hopefully my Aile Strike will measure up.

D-Smith
August 10, 2012, 9:49 PM
Check out Julius Lims scratch built MK.II Full armor system he made and then you have my permission to die... lol

D-Smith
August 10, 2012, 9:50 PM
http://juliuslim75.blogspot.com/2010/12/bakwc-2010-pg-fa178-mkii.html

Universal Artist
August 10, 2012, 9:56 PM
Check out Julius Lims scratch built MK.II Full armor system he made and then you have my permission to die... lol

Nice Dark Knight Rises reference. That was a pretty amazing kit, if you can even call it a kit. If i had the resources that guy does i'd be working on a PG Unicorn or something haha

Squee
August 10, 2012, 10:24 PM
Have you seen this? It impressed the heck outa me. http://ocealos.wordpress.com/2012/05/04/remodel-rx-178-gundam-mk-ii-aeug-ver-pg-160-scale/

My friend Strike03x did something very similar a a few years back with the Titans version. Really great job especially using mostly spraycans!

MKII TITANS PG (http://gundam-eclipse.net/single/?p=393917&t=3590042)

Universal Artist
August 10, 2012, 10:31 PM
My friend Strike03x did something very similar a a few years back with the Titans version. Really great job especially using mostly spraycans!

MKII TITANS PG (http://gundam-eclipse.net/single/?p=393917&t=3590042)

Spraycans? That alone impresses me haha

Squee
August 10, 2012, 10:34 PM
Yea he has since moved onto airbrushing and his work is so awesome now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfauhMCn0To

Universal Artist
August 10, 2012, 10:38 PM
Lol I like how the Gundam looks like it's floating. It's a nice effect.

D-Smith
August 10, 2012, 11:16 PM
I am currently working on a MK.II AEUG right meow and to confirm, its a bitchin kit you wont be disappointed in

Universal Artist
August 10, 2012, 11:25 PM
I am currently working on a MK.II AEUG right meow and to confirm, its a bitchin kit you wont be disappointed in

I would totally get the PG MkII right now if i wasn't working on my Strike customization. At least i'll have something to look forward to haha

D-Smith
August 10, 2012, 11:31 PM
I also have the PG GP01 and... it trumps the MK.II... but not by much. the details are a little better and you get a buttload of more stuff. so if you can find one of those i would say get it instead but the MK.II is still a sick ass kit

Universal Artist
August 11, 2012, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know the quality of the MG Qan[T]? I've decided to work on a mg from the 00 series as a side project and Qan is like my favorite Gundam.

Squee
August 11, 2012, 12:34 AM
^It's a pretty nice build. I've heard people complain about the tabs on the shield/sword parts, but i had no problem with it, and i just finished snapping a crystal version of it... and the clear parts are MUCH MORE brittle compared to regular plastic. If you like the design of the Quant (i personally hate it, along with 90% of 00 designs lol) then i'd say go for it!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/Grifith/models/b0564c7d.jpg

Coolest pose i've seen done with a MG Quant:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-u9ZfiWuXM6s/T9ujffucB_I/AAAAAAAAA50/cXDwqItwPEU/s1600/52.JPG

D-Smith
August 11, 2012, 1:03 AM
the exia isn't bad and i would assume the quanta and the exia are pretty similar in build and what not but i think they are to posable meaning there is just to many joints. mine is in pieces waiting to be painted so it might be better after but it was just a pain in the ass to get him to be symetrical

Universal Artist
August 11, 2012, 1:39 AM
Squee how much did you pay for your crystal Qan?

Squee
August 11, 2012, 2:20 AM
I didn't. It's being built for display @ the GundamPlanet warehouse for the owner. I don't even know if you can buy it anymore. I'll get around to polishing the armor and painting the frame once i finish with the L Gaim i'm painting right now.

Edit* I found one on ebay... for almost $200 shipped.:eek:

Universal Artist
August 11, 2012, 2:45 AM
I didn't. It's being built for display @ the GundamPlanet warehouse for the owner. I don't even know if you can buy it anymore. I'll get around to polishing the armor and painting the frame once i finish with the L Gaim i'm painting right now.

Edit* I found one on ebay... for almost $200 shipped.:eek:

i found it in Singapore and it will be mine :D Mwahahaha

Squee
August 11, 2012, 2:57 AM
Awesome! Just be careful denubbing. The clear parts are more easily stressed.

D-Smith
August 11, 2012, 3:13 AM
damn son dats spendy for some clear parts. i would take a PG over that any day lol

Universal Artist
August 11, 2012, 3:17 AM
damn son dats spendy for some clear parts. i would take a PG over that any day lol

It's actually less but i can only buy it after tuesday (payday). But i called it so please don't buy it lol. Plus i'm willing to pay a little extra for a limited edition of my favorite Gundam.

Exia
August 11, 2012, 3:27 AM
Crystal MG or Crystal HG? I'm pretty up to date on most of the "extra finish" for 00, but I can't seem to find the Crystal QAN(T) anywhere on ebay, outside a few HG 1/144 versions and some Robo Spirits figure. Though I did find this little gem, http://www.ebay.com/itm/BANDAI-HG-1-144-Gundam-OO-QAN-T-and-GN-Sword-Limited-Clear-Model-Kit-2305-/280936911281?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41692511b1 talk about mega crystal the QAN(T) and Full Saber....damn that's nice looking.

D-Smith
August 11, 2012, 3:37 AM
idk clear kits just dont do much for me i would rather just not put the armor on if i wanted to show off my internals

Exia
August 11, 2012, 3:46 AM
idk clear kits just dont do much for me i would rather just not put the armor on if i wanted to show off my internals

It's not just that, with the crystal plastics some of them react to black lights which looks pretty awesome, plus that's kinda the point. Atleast, I know there are small time sets for MGs that you can make part of the MG with a set of crystal parts, like the left leg and part of the left side of the body for instance. It's a pretty good gimmick, though I do prefer either the Metallic or Pearl over the Crystal plastics.

Doesn't matter much, I don't have many of those special edition models. Think it's only 4, a metallic Zeta and 2 Exia RIIs one in pearl and the other in crystal and the 0 Gundam since it came with the Crystal Exia as one giant special edition set.

But like I said, it's a gimmick. Sometimes they look cool and sometimes they don't.

Squee
August 11, 2012, 2:28 PM
Yea normally i find clear parts kind of meh, but after building this i can see why people buy the kits. I would never actually buy one of these, but as the situation is as it is, i'm glad i ignored my bias and assembled one.