PDA

View Full Version : Zaku II Vs. GM

swark34
August 9, 2012, 10:57 PM
If you had these two suits and only these two suits to choose ,what would you choose the Zaku or the GM. Im goin with the Zaku II

Zechs36
August 10, 2012, 12:22 AM
Zaku II by far. The original GM had shit for weaponry. The beam spray gun was hardly a threat to much of anything over the size of a life raft and you rarely (if ever) saw one get smart and pull its beam saber.

swark34
August 10, 2012, 2:18 AM
I agree the GM was pretty crappy . I kn it was so post to be a knock off version of a Gundam but it could have been armed better

Gundamswag
August 10, 2012, 3:44 AM
Well yeah, the zaku hands down. It's way more bad ass. However, the Gm has my favorite variant, that being the Gm Sniper II. I love that suit.

Deathscythe!
August 10, 2012, 6:37 AM
I guess you've been talking about the normal GMs resembling with Gundams. Yep, they don't match Zakus' abilities. However, occassionally playing Gundam Battle Operation and gaining knowledge about the varying types of 0079 MS, I've already figured out how many types of GMs/Zakus have already been released.
There are many GMs being able to dominate groups of Zakus, as for example my favourite, GM Ground type, that surprisingly transcends, usually.
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/RGM-79(G)_GM_Ground_Type

But I guess it depends on the pilot, as displayed/shown in 19:21 ! :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhXDknpDleo

Kenico
August 10, 2012, 12:48 PM
Zaku II...Nuff Said.

Brainsucker
August 11, 2012, 10:28 PM
Well, even if GM is always shown as clumsy MS, but their spec is actually better than Zaku IIF and Zaku IIJ. They have better Radar, better power supply, and has a beam spray, while Zaku IIF has only a machine gun, their power supply is too small, making them incapable to use beam weapon. But if you talk about Zaku II R1, Zaku II R2, Zaku IIF2, Zaku II Kai, then yes. They are stronger than the basic GM.

J-muss
September 5, 2012, 10:24 PM
I can't believe I missed this...
Anyways I really love the GM, I also really love the Zaku II. Like Brainsucker said the GM is technically a more advanced suit(if you deny that, you're just being biased towards the GM). However the GM pilots were rushed through training and well had basically no combat experience. Unlike the Zaku II pilots who had plenty of experience and good training. Also remember the GM was the first feddie mass produced suit, so everyone would've been a newbie... even the squad/platoon leaders.

If you put a Zaku II and GM in a 1 on 1 fight, with both pilots having equal skill and the environment not working towards/against one suit. The GM would win most of the time, not all the time but over-all the GM would be better.

Just comparing the 2 statistically the GM proves to be better. But if I were to place money on a fight between the 2, I would probably go Zaku just because of the pilot... not the suit.

swark34
September 6, 2012, 3:14 AM
This is no ordinary Zaku its at Zaku II discussion lol

Exia
September 6, 2012, 3:26 AM
Not for nothing, but there's a thread for this type of disscussion.

http://www.gundamforums.com/showthread.php/306-The-true-Battleground/page72

It's called the battleground section for a reason.

J-muss
September 6, 2012, 9:54 AM
This is no ordinary Zaku its at Zaku II discussion lol

Yeah... I know. The Zaku II IS less advanced then the GM.

GM, sensor range is almost twice that of a Zaku II so the GM will know a Zaku is there way before the Zaku knows the GM is there. Titanium>steel, GM wins that. GM's max acceleration is 0.94g's compared to the Zaku II's 0.59g's... the RX-78-2's was 0.93g's less then the GM! GM's ground speed is 102 KM/h vs the Zaku's 88 KM/h. GM's 180 degree turning speed is 1.6 seconds, while the Zaku II's is 1.7... once again the GM wins. GM's propulsion is 55,480KG vs. Zaku II's 43,000kg.

The beam spray gun may not be the best, but it can still penetrate a Dom's armor so it can easily penetrate a Zaku's. The Zaku's ZMP-50 has trouble penetrating the GM's shield.

So if were talking specifically about suits and not the pilots, the GM is the winner.

Hadosan
September 9, 2012, 5:24 PM
well if you also take into consideration the very first few GM's were built with similar parts to the gundam and later changed to cheaper low quality parts so as the GM went on in the OYW it would be made less powerful you can get this info in many OYW related manga and info in gundam wikia
so GM for me but only if it was first off the assembly line

J-muss
September 9, 2012, 6:37 PM
well if you also take into consideration the very first few GM's were built with similar parts to the gundam and later changed to cheaper low quality parts so as the GM went on in the OYW it would be made less powerful you can get this info in many OYW related manga and info in gundam wikia
so GM for me but only if it was first off the assembly line

Plus the first production of GM's could actually handle 2 beam swords, just like the RX-78-2. While the Zaku II couldn't even use one(didn't have the power capacity to regularly recharge the beam sword) proving how much more power a GM has.

swark34
September 10, 2012, 2:25 AM
Even though the Gm does have better specs than the Zaku's . It still kind of depends on the pilot. Like the Leo's are pretty crappy but Duo still kicked ass when he piloted one .

PsycommuLeviathan
September 12, 2012, 11:45 PM
If you compare the tech spechs of standard space type GM vs a Zaku II they meet at similar margin. However, it reminds be of WWII. The Allies' troops at the beginning were noobs, like the feddie soldiers, they weren't accustomed to war making them easy prey for veterans. Near the end of the OYW, many of the aces either died or went MIA making Zeon easy pickings for a newly refurbished Federation military. And near the end some of the pilots who were rookies became veterans and vice versa for Zeon. In short, at the start of every war most feddie pilots are total noobs. Sorry to give a lame theory lesson anyways. But I do like the Zaku a hell of a lot more than the GM. I will always love that mono-eye flash though, it's fucking awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV1g1fW1gDw

swark34
September 13, 2012, 2:21 AM
I know Intimidation isnt every thing but ...I think the Zaku looks more agressive espically with the mono-eye it looks ominous, The GM does not strike fear in my heart espically with that beam spray gun. Not to disrespect any GM or Feddy fans Im just a big Zaku supporter .

J-muss
September 13, 2012, 2:57 AM
The Zaku II does look more intimidating, I just love the simple design of the GM... nothing extra just simplicity.

Deathscythe!
September 13, 2012, 7:50 AM
well Zaku being less strong than GM doesn't signify it not being capable of achieving/attaining success. If I were to recommend, I'd instruct to paint Zaku IIs red. Thus, you increase it in speed.

http://www.allmystery.de/i/tc77247_genius1.png

swark34
September 13, 2012, 8:23 AM
lol ok Char, If i were to paint the Zaku it would be black, I think a black mobile suit's are cool

well Zaku being less strong than GM doesn't signify it not being capable of achieving/attaining success. If I were to recommend, I'd instruct to paint Zaku IIs red. Thus, you increase it in speed.

http://www.allmystery.de/i/tc77247_genius1.png

Deathscythe!
September 13, 2012, 8:46 AM
lol ok Char, If i were to paint the Zaku it would be black, I think a black mobile suit's are cool

Depending on what mobile suit is to be altered, it either proves to be appealing or not.