PDA

View Full Version : I was thinking of getting these models for my first few, what else do you recommend?

zarus
August 5, 2012, 9:50 PM
I was thinking of buying the Nu Gundam MG first, simply because it's the strongest in-universe. Then would come the Qubeley MG, the The O MG, then the Zeta Perfect Grade.

Is there anything to buy after you're done with these? They kinda seem like the pinnacle of what you can get, so everything afterwards would probably be a disappointment or mere curiosity.

Joe
August 5, 2012, 11:16 PM
I disagree. Just because these kits are BIG doesn't mean they are the most impressive. Try out a Real Grade kit, and some of the newer Perfect Grade kits appeal to me much more than the Zeta. MG The O is HUGE but really not all that detailed inside or out. Now, MG RX-78-2 OYW version! That thing is PACKED with detail! I mean, you've got a nice list of kits, I would by no means call any of them the pinnacle of Gundam models. There is SO MUCH to choose from it's hard to say what is the best, but open your mind to some of the smaller kits out there and you will be surprised what you find.

Squee
August 5, 2012, 11:19 PM
IMO Sinanju is the pinacle of MG's lol So much packed into that kit.

Zeta PG is a very finicky kit. If you're going for a PG, go for a GP01 or a MK II.

Ikaoru
August 6, 2012, 12:38 AM
I have Nu Gundam MG, if you're not planning to pain or add details to it, itll look bland aesthetic wise.

The yellow border stickers on the funnels are bit loose since it wraps around.

The bazooka and rifles don't have any pegs that can support the hands... Like the current MG lineup (Exia, Unicorn and etc). It's like the handle will just slit through a closed fisted fist.

Funnels have the tendency to fall off (my case)

You need to check the reviews on YouTube and dalong.net to see if it's worth your money.

Gundamswag
August 6, 2012, 11:26 PM
I personally recommend you get mg's of the mobile suits that you admire the most. You seem to like UC suits a lot, but if you enjoy Seed, definitely check out the Mg Blue Frame Second Revise or the Mg Red Frame kits. And I think that Gundam Sentinel is part of UC, so maybe the mg Ex-S gundam. The design is so bad ass.

squeam
August 7, 2012, 6:36 AM
HGUC Nu Gundam is a much slicker kit than the MG. MG the O is a giant, simple kit. It does look mightyt impressive, though. I would definitely stay away from PG Zeta as one of your first kits; however, if you do want a PG, I agree with Squee - GP01 is THE PG to have. Qubeleys are fun! But you need to take your time with them, or those big chunks o' plastic won't fit together perfectly.

For your first kit, I'd go with HGUC Nu, because it is a cheaper, easier build and you still get your Nu fix. But, if I were to pick a "starter" kit from your original list, I'd say Qubeley.