PDA

View Full Version : Gundam 00 Remake

Jae102
July 27, 2012, 8:35 PM
If Sunrise were to remake Gundam 00 what changes do you think should be made. No series is perfect and there's plenty of series that could use a remake to improve them but what do you think could be done to 00 to make it better.

Deathscythe!
July 27, 2012, 8:43 PM
well, it is decently difficult for me to spot anything to criticize. Closely scrutinizing its plot, one determines its plot distinguishes most from other stories, signifying it has less resemblance to 0079-z-cca than others do. Therefore, I'd not change anything, knowing it executes its expectations as it is.

Exia
July 27, 2012, 8:49 PM
00 is perfect as is. The only thing I'd change is Bandai's stuck up attitude, just f***in' release the gundam manga's over here. They're needed to understand the whole 00 picture.

Gundamben831
July 27, 2012, 9:05 PM
MOAR DEATH!!!! lol a series isn't good enough if main characters don't die off, granted 2 of the 5 pilots dies (I haven't seen the movies yet so I don't know how those end)

ItsVince725
July 27, 2012, 9:07 PM
1. More Graham

2. More Graham

3. More Graham

Jae102
July 27, 2012, 9:55 PM
I'd make it longer because I feel 00 was really rushed at times. We needed more time for Ali Al Sacchez, Ribbons Almark, Mr. Bushido especially Mr.Bushido for a Char clone he felt more like a nuisance than an actual threat like how Char, Master Asia, Full Frontal, and Rau were. Ribbon would have more time to display the difference between himself. Also the innovades make them have more personality out side of Ribbons and Tieria I couldn't stand them. Bring Stabity could care less for him, Healing care don't really care for her. All the others were just nuisance again but not just to the Gundam Meister's but to the plot and viewers. The innovades need more personality and enough of the pretty boy's innovades.

Stop with random relationships. Lockon Stratos(Neil Dylandy) X Feldt Grace, Sumeragi X Billy Katagiri, Saji X Louise, and Lockon Statos X Anew Returner were all genuine. But Setsuna X Feldt, Billy Katagiri X Mina Carmine, Tieria Erde X Mileina Vashti, and so on were ridiculous out of the blue.

Make Tieria Erde a woman and what's sad is Regene Regetta is a woman but she looks more male than Tieria.

Make everyone have more relevance to the story other than Setsuna F. Seiei. One of the reasons I liked S1 because no one was more over powered than another without reason. 00 Raiser just made every other Gundam irrelevant. There should've been more battle and story for Tierria, Lockon, and Alleujah because they just felt kinda useless compared to Setsuna. Should've been more Gundam tactics and team work like Season 1. I missed that part.

Make Ribbon's come out even earlier instead of at the very end and make it seem like Ribbon's might actually achieve his goal. I never felt Ribbons was close to achieving his goal.

Deathscythe!
July 27, 2012, 10:00 PM
judging what I've heard so far, Mister Bushido has gained a fairly big amount of fans. when asking fans whom their favorite pilot is, the asking do often end up being replied with graham.
Collecting information on favoured pilots may become influential for this survey as well, so I feel obliged to confessing, 00 didn't arouse detesting any pilot, not even in regards to Ali-Al Saachez

Jae102
July 27, 2012, 10:03 PM
judging what I've heard so far, Mister Bushido has gained a fairly big amount of fans. when asking fans whom their favorite pilot is, the asking do often end up being replied with graham.
Collecting information on favoured pilots may become influential for this survey as well, so I feel obliged to confessing, 00 didn't arouse detesting any pilot, not even in regards to Ali-Al Saachez

Graham was awesome but Mr. Bushido not so much. Not enough show time for him like there should've been. I like Graham from S1 and AOT more than Mr.Bushido.

Ali was a beast.

ItsVince725
July 28, 2012, 12:04 AM
Yeah, Graham was great.

But Mister Bushido was a damn cartoon...made a mockery of a good character, they did.

Oh, I forgot something else I want changed. NO FOUR CLONE LOUISE. That was stupid.

Newtype Andy
July 28, 2012, 4:23 AM
I wouldn't really change anything.

Kenico
July 28, 2012, 5:12 AM
Honestly there are only three things that i would want changed:

Let Anew live, More Screen time for Ali Al Sachez, Ribons Almark, and Graham Aker (LOTS AND LOTS OF GRAHAM AKER), and of course have Saji man up and be a beast.

As for the rest of the series? um... NOPE! its pretty good after that...As for the movie? well, change the origin of the aliens and make them humanoid so as to have a two sided conflict, and of course no hint of beampamming and we're good on that front. and this is just a nitpick for me: Have Setsuna finally hook up with Felt for Haro's Sake! >_>...<_<...What? Im a hopeless romantic...

Zeon's RedComet
July 28, 2012, 5:27 AM
Dial the Tran-Am/Quantizing hAx down, down to Zero in the case of Quantizing.

Less Aker, More cowbell.

That’s all.

KiraYamato
July 28, 2012, 9:16 AM
Both Seasons should have been bumped up to around 40 episodes each. No Quantmazation. Less Trans Am. No 00 Raiser. 00 Gundam is fine. Ribbons should have had a fight with Tearia then Killed Him. The rest of the Innovades need Personality. Season 2 Opening Songs need to be diffrent. Setsuna x Feltd

Jae102
July 28, 2012, 10:35 AM
Return the Beam Sabers. Dammit I don't get why 00 had to remove the most conventional weapon since the first Gundam besides everyone loves Beam Saber fights.

Skittles
July 28, 2012, 12:07 PM
00 is perfect as is. The only thing I'd change is Bandai's stuck up attitude, just f***in' release the gundam manga's over here. They're needed to understand the whole 00 picture.

They were working on it, before they folded.

Make Tieria Erde a woman and what's sad is Regene Regetta is a woman but she looks more male than Tieria.

Regene is a guy. Really. He's young and has a female seiyuu, but he's a guy.

As for 00, completely gut the second season and start it over without caving to 2ch's whims and inserting timeskips where there should be characterization. It's like Mizushima completely forgot how pacing works.

dylanroxes
July 28, 2012, 7:21 PM
If I could change 00, I would absolutely change season two. No, I like to believe season two did not exist. Gundam 00 was fine season one. They had a great introduction to characters and had a solid plot. Two characters died from the Gundam Meisters which I approved. It made the story more heart felt and deeper. (Lockon Stratos...) It was unique gundam series where they eliminated one or more of the protagonists. I honestly believed that Setsuna died at the end of season one. But when season two was released, we see him alive and kicking. This ruined the feeling I had for season one. It is obvious that they are only trying to increase their profits by releasing a second season. This incident reminded me of seed. Gundam Seed was an excellent series with unique character development and plot but when gundam seed destiny came out, all of it was just hardcore action and little development. My opinion, so don't get to offended. (I am a Movie Critique and Cinefile.) Oh by the way, I do love the characters of both shows and the newer models also. I only dislike the structure and plot of Gundam 00 second season and Gundam Seed Destiny.

Zeon's RedComet
July 28, 2012, 9:11 PM
Honestly I knew Setsuna was going to still be alive, I mean they aren't going to kill of the main charictar half way though. Actually looking back I don't see why they split it up into two Seasons I mean it ran 50 episodes as per normal,

I agree with Lockon though I mean by all means get a new chaictar but it felt cheap to play the "lol idenical twin" card and get his twin, would have been better if they brought in some new guy or gal for long range duties. That was just a cheap tactic they used IMO, and I didn't mind Lockon 2.0 as a charcitar they should have done more to diffrentiate him from his brother at lease, I.E a new name, he seemed to not really want to live in the shadow of his brother but he just caved and did it anyways by takeing his Alias IMO.

Though Generally I do agree on your points on S2, I still liked it as a whole though, just needs some overhauling.

Exia
July 28, 2012, 9:19 PM
Honestly I knew Setsuna was going to still be alive, I mean they aren't going to kill of the main charictar half way though. Actually looking back I don't see why they split it up into two Seasons I mean it ran 50 episodes as per normal,

I agree with Lockon though I mean by all means get a new chaictar but it felt cheap to play the "lol idenical twin" card and get his twin, would have been better if they brought in some new guy or gal for long range duties. That was just a cheap tactic they used IMO, and I didn't mind Lockon 2.0 as a charcitar they should have done more to diffrentiate him from his brother at lease, I.E a new name, he seemed to not really want to live in the shadow of his brother but he just caved and did it anyways by takeing his Alias IMO.

Though Generally I do agree on your points on S2, I still liked it as a whole though, just needs some overhauling.

They split it up just to split it up. There were never "seasons" in gundam before so they tried something new. As far as I'm concerned it's still 00, and I feel like whenever someone splits it and starts saying "oh I liked season 1 better" or something like they're on some high horse trying to justify why they like something.

And on the twin thing, are you kidding? We actually got legit twins, not the BS clone crap. I can only think of another set of twins, from ZZ, Rasara and Sarasa from Moon Moon. It doesn't come up often. Shoulda went with a new name though, since Lyle wasn't a long shot he was wide range shot.

I knew the second they pulled that flashback in episode 14 or 16, where they show Setsuna first meeting the other meisters that he was going to become the center of the show. Which sucked since Setsuna as a character sucks at developing.

Personally speaking I hope and pray to the Gods that they make a 00F OVA, I'd love to see me some Fon Spaak!

Zeon's RedComet
July 28, 2012, 9:37 PM
Clone crap...you really won't like what I pull in the RP when we hit the ZZ times.

Still I just didn't like what they did with Lockon, that's my opinion on it and it won't be changeing any time soon. But yeah the Twin part was okay, just how they implemented it in this case.

And I agree 00F should be made into an OVA.

Exia
July 28, 2012, 9:41 PM
It's not that I'm against clones. They just came up sooooooo often, they never went for the twins or triplets angle, no it's always clones.

And I pretty much assumed that for the ZZ arc, even have an idea of what's probably gonna happen.

Zeon's RedComet
July 28, 2012, 9:44 PM
PM me the guess, it allready came out while I was talking to Kenyon, he kept guessing and got it after awhile.

That being said I think the main reason for the seasons besides trying something new was becasue of the time skip in the series, that being said I agree, it's all 00 one way or the other.

Jae102
July 29, 2012, 1:52 AM
I knew the second they pulled that flashback in episode 14 or 16, where they show Setsuna first meeting the other meisters that he was going to become the center of the show. Which sucked since Setsuna as a character sucks at developing.

What kind of character development would you have liked for Setsuna? Like how would you have liked him to change.

Exia
July 29, 2012, 2:44 AM
What kind of character development would you have liked for Setsuna? Like how would you have liked him to change.

Dunno. The Heero Yuy path got kinda old quick, I would've preferred it if Setsuna picked up personality traits from the other meisters. Some more emotion would've been nice.

swark34
October 16, 2012, 5:12 AM
I wouldnt change to much it think the 00 series is one of the best Gundam series. But if i had to change something I would let Setsuna have a since of humor and put some life into him, it wouldnt hurt for him to crack a smile. I would have also like to have seen more Setsuna and Gram battles no Mister Bushido. I know im gonna get some hate for this but I would have like to see more of Team Trinity. And Maybe Nena joining Setsuna and the others instead of Soma Peries .

Shiro45
October 16, 2012, 12:13 PM
I don't know if this is a Japanese thing, or a political thing, but their odd definition of "terrorism" is driving me crazy... A clearly paramilitary organization striking military targets is not terrorism. Purposefully slaughtering innocent civilians is terrorism.
I'm watching through the first season again and the repeated charges leveled against Celestial Being as being terrorists is ludicrous...